What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for clarifying that seymourbud! really glad you were talking about the BDB :)

you may get a bit less leaf if you back off the N.

i think its a good rite of passage for a grower to run cultivars such as blueberry that are a bit more of a challenge. you can really learn about how plants respond to different variables by growing more sensitive and fussy strains such as this.
having said that my Bb mum isnt too fussy and you should find some easier plants amongst the F2s.

VG

oldbootz

Veteran
In the end I kept my number 2 and 5. They still going strong. Will post a couple pics in the near future.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one bootz i know you have some good cuts out there ;) so thats certainly a compliment for the BDB

let me know how your friend's crosses with it came out too.

VG

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
lemon skunk X bluedigiberry f2 - 49 days
First shot is pheno #2. It's not all that vigorous or large, and it has the strangest smell. I can't place it exactly, but the closet I can get is spaghetti or meatloaf! I won't beer keeping her, but it's interesting.

next up: #3
This one is a keeper for sure. Largest cola is the size of my arm, and just about as solid! Smells heavenly, and frosty as hell. Wish you could smell it!

-gil

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
My bdb f2 (#1 pheno) has freakishly large fan leaves. It's on the left beside an unknown OG. I'm training it to just make one big cola, so what you see here is just one main stalk. The biggest leaves are over 12 inches wide.

Next up:
Lemon-berry 54 days
...And I know the leaves are burnt all to hell. It's a little too close to the light, and the buckets got a little low early on. The flowers don't seem to mind though! It's only The ones right under the light that are burnt.

-gil

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice gil, those are some monstrous leaves on the BDB for sure!

you cross looks good and resinous too!

VG

Johnnyseed

Eastcoast Haze
Gil Tokerson

Thank you for such a great representation of the Bluedigi.
this strain has caught my attention over the past coupe months and I am completely in awe of Vardent Green work.

That strain has been grown by Top men. Top men.
good work

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice, Gil. Love seeing how much VG's mother has influenced the line - don't see stacked tails like that these days. Lovely!

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Exactly what I was thing Frank. I think if I could have gone another couple of weeks, it would have really looked awesome, but I needed her to come down. I feel pretty safe in saying the structure is mostly genetic. If you look at the #2pheno I posted, there are no foxtails in sight. Same cab, and even sharing the same dwc bucket. So I don't think the bud structure is environmental. It is rather warm, but I've had plenty of other strains with no foxtails in the same cab.
The smell is delightful. It's very much like the bluedigiberry, but with a little extra sour hash lemon zest added in! Wish you could try it!
-gil

Two of my 5 female digis half way through flower have that candy blueberry smell I have been looking to get back in my garden again. Ive tried a half dozen seed packs (not dj) from others with no luck before now. Anyone found a male with that blueberry sweetness? I think i might keep looking so i can try ro preserve it after so many years of looking.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats great rs, my Bb mum has that really sweet blueberry smell rather than muffins. it goes through a stage of smelling like cotton candy in mid-late flower. The sweetness comes through in the taste as well. As F2s there must be a reasonable chance of at least one of them breeding true for that sweet smell.
The mum is also quite floral smelling.

great to see terpene profiles of both parents coming through in these F2s

VG

I think there is one that i think could be that blueberry muffin profile. It started off in flower smelling the strongest and had a funky poopy not sweet smell. It has sweetened up and smells like blueberry now but still has a funky background. The candy blueberry plants seemed to of started out with more of a pure floral smell but it was not a strong odor.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thansk johnny, yeah at the price i think the BDB would be a great bet for anyone looking for a good blueberry representation.

rs, the muffin profile has a kind of doughy smell and the berry smells dont come through so sweet. Another funk you might find is a kind of rubbery or sour smell that pops up sometimes from the sour bubble male used as the outcross in chilli and frank's Digi bx

VG

therevverend

Veteran
Tried a couple outdoors this spring got a male and a female. The female is looking nice although it's gonna be a close finish before the weather gets bad.
picture.php

Just took the male down today smells ranky and blueberry should be useful pollen.