What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial!

SofaKingStupid

By the way, Im runnin bout 80 gallons of nutes. Is a 400 gph pump big enough? Im pretty numeriologically challenged and I broke a sweat and got nauseous when I tried to figure it out. My cyferin determined it might be a bit small but could just bout work?

SofaKingStupid

Im a bit confused bout what size fan to get to exchange the air in my room too. Its bout 1000 sq ft. I was gonna get something like a 400 cfm fan and put it on a timer to evacuate the room at intervals. It would be nice tho if I could get a fan the rite size to run at a 15 minute interval because most timers have 15 minute increments.

no offense but this looks like a big pile of donkey dump.This is not a recirculating system.the lines that come off the buckets cant recirc without a pass through.the water is just going around the middle bucket.the water needs to go thru the buckets.Sorry but this is a terrible design and overcomplicated.besides the lines are to small.My roots would clog those 3/4 inch pipes before i hit flower.Pipes shoub be 1 1/4 min.

heres one that works 10 times as good and half the parts.200 in buckets and pipes and 1 1/2 pass throughs.them bulkheads in your diagram are retarded expensive. Heres a 3 bucket design and 2 bucket that recircs through a water chiller to boot.
picture.php

picture.php

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
heres one that works 10 times as good and half the parts.200 in buckets and pipes and 1 1/2 pass throughs.them bulkheads in your diagram are retarded expensive. Heres a 3 bucket design and 2 bucket that recircs through a water chiller to boot.
View Image

View Image

Thanks for sharing your improved and enhanced version of a system design over a decade old. Pat yourself on the back, I will put up a new model soon and you will not be so impressed with yourself. Thanks for making me realize that this really old system didn't recirculate all the water pumped from the controller just spilled over the buckets until the res drained dry and the plants died. Funny Stuff, You could have posted your updated version without making yourself out to be an asshat.

Here is some examples of the result this really outdated setup can produce, Let's see what you can do with a much better system. Now let me go let my doggies take a dump while I smoke and laugh at your lame insult, Like I said you could have shared your modified version without such hatred, but hate on enjoy your improved system.

280pics_jps_1_.jpg

280plants.jpg

28010_1_.jpg

280dwc_bitches_entering_th_9F0.JPG

280IMGP5840.JPG

Last edited:
nice roots except they came out of a tote.Im not hating on ya man to each there own.them buds look pretty whispy.Im more into dense nuggz myself but no biggie.If it works for you thats great.sorry i came off as a dick.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
nice roots except they came out of a tote.Im not hating on ya man to each there own.them buds look pretty whispy.Im more into dense nuggz myself but no biggie.If it works for you thats great.sorry i came off as a dick.

View Image

View Image

View Image

haha those roots come out of a 5 gallon bucket, Are you mistaking that tote in the background as the bucket that plant came out of? Wrong.

Here are some more root shots for you. It's just the way you come off in your initial post that rubbed me wrong, If your gonna hop into a thread and share you work you should probably be respectful to the thread starter. Telling me that this system doesn't work is rubbish, I have produced 2lbs a light with this system back when 2lbs a light wasn't often achieved.

280Room_1_RDF_jpg_16_.JPG

280room_1_1212_time_jpg_6_.JPG

280Room_1_RDF_jpg_13_.JPG

280room_2_chopped_and_ready_to_dry_2_1_.JPG

280room_1_3k_room_harvest_6_1_.JPG

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
One final post pay attention to the round 5 gallon bucket lid in the root shot you said was from a tote, Here is the buckets and system those roots come out of, you show me a tote with a plant in it. Also if you pay attention to the picture in the high times article you will also notice that the root shot shows the roots completely took shape of the bucket and btw that bucket had been empty over 12 hrs and the water had been drained before that photo was taken. Clearly you missed all that and try to imply that the pictured roots were from a tote.

It makes you sound like a hater to speak on that which you do not know. Every root shot you have seen that I have shared were 100% grown in a 5 gallon bucket.

280dwc-bitches-entering-the-flowering-stage--1-_1_.jpg

280dwc_18_days_12_12.jpg

280plants_updated_rm_1_1_.JPG

I can post root shots all day to prove my point.

280dwc-ladies-getting-large---_1_.JPG

280room_1_dwc_updates_1_4_.JPG

If you took the time to read the thread you would have realized all the points you tried to make in your initial post are in this thread, The part that made you look silly is when you tried to discredit this system as if it was junk and worthless. Instead of being rational and understanding that bigger is better on the return lines as well as circulation lines, You go all irrational and imply it simply isn't a functional system. Other then that most of your points were right in line with general consensus.

Last edited:
I've been off this website for quite a while now but it's definitely still good to still blazeoneup killing it. Good stuff. I'm going to be starting to grow again after almost 8 years away but blazeoneup was definitely someone I've looked up to for a very long time. Good stuff.

Pyrrhic

Thanks for sharing your improved and enhanced version of a system design over a decade old. Pat yourself on the back, I will put up a new model soon and you will not be so impressed with yourself. Thanks for making me realize that this really old system didn't recirculate all the water pumped from the controller just spilled over the buckets until the res drained dry and the plants died. Funny Stuff, You could have posted your updated version without making yourself out to be an asshat.

Got an ETA on that new setup? ;)

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
nutrit delta 5 dwc

nutrit delta 5 dwc

hi guys. I found this small dwc unit, which im hoping to upgrade, cut out the top holes larger to allow larger net pot 95mm and use a larger air pump and poss connect several of em together to make a rdwc with a separate rez.
Just for SOG grows no veg time ,well rooted clones stright to bloom.
Id appreciate any tips or please point out flaws in the system if you see. The 1st pics my adaption to conect drain to make it rdwc system or to add another unit.

Last edited:

bigbadbillybob

only issue I can foresee is the roots clogging the water outlet, depending on diameter of the pipe obviously. And separation of the plants/ roots, should one become ill. They also look like they would be so close it would possibly mean water transpiration issues with the leaves.

Would you not be better off buying some larger totes and doing less plants?
the only difference will be a little bit of veg time?

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Thanks kindly for your reply and advice.
I now have the considerably larger troughs at 100cm in length they hold 25 litres with 4 or poss 5 plants,that should be fine in there I figure,with 3 air discs per trough and hiblow air pumps.
1.5-2"drain set at mid point to the 4" net pot..
will add pics of my set up has I build it,still waiting for bits to arrive.

cheers
az

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Blaze... you fukin killing it...WOW... I have not read thru the whole thread (64pages)... we starting once again with our waterfarm system after years of dirt... your plants are monsters- we r growing 8waterfarm buckets + prob another 12buckets (5gallon each) of dirt... under 3k of hid... the question is with your plants being so tall n bushy, how do the bttm leaves/bud get light??...