What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup hits the dirt again.

Dnutz

Cool, what kind of soil & what kind of hydro? what was the weight diff???

It was just strait fox farm ocean forest, no nutes given or ANYTHING, the weight was a little over 3 zips, but was only 1 plant under a 1k, the hydro was DWC with 4 plants, and total weight for all of them was a little over 6 zips... this could have been due to the light not penetrating far enough down into the canopy, but I feel that the DWC produced fluffier buds, with more fox tails. The soil nugs were more compact, more like a 50/50 indica/ sativa cross.

I am currently running blaze's soil mix and holy chit my plants love it!! no nutes required, and ph really is not that much of an issue! Dude is a genius with soil thats for sure! Hear he is the man with hydro too, just havent gotten around to reading any of those threads yet!

Keep it green,
Dnutz

fishwater

HI Blaze... been reading your other thread, just got into this one.... I am using straight miracle grow organic with 15-20 % perlite, and I dont like it a bit.. not consistant enough.. one plant is burning and the one next to it will be starving...
I plan to go to your mix next time.. One question I had with it tho, is my tap water runs about 9ph... and 150ppm solids... in the summer it has a sulphurous odor to it, but goes away in winter and doesnt seem to change ph..
Is your soil mix good for using that high of ph water? Or should I ph down to 6.5 or something...
Thanks in advance, you and everyone on this site are a great help....
fishwater

flfunk

hey blaze, quick question... i am using your recipe however i substituted FFOF for the miracle grow. Comparing the two it seems to me the FFOF has a little less nutes in it as people using just that have to feed after a month or so. So my question is, do you think this is sustainable, or am i going to have to feed at some point? I used the FFOF because of all the reports of gnat problems with the MG. Have you experienced any gnat problems first hand?

Thanks! everything is looking pretty good right now but i am a little worried about down the road.

R

Rollem&Smokem

Blazeoneup I remember back in the day bro when your girl was expecting & you were growing out of a 3rd floor apartment size closet we go way back my brother, you have become an Icon! Good to see your still around.... :pimp3:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Blazeoneup I remember back in the day bro when your girl was expecting & you were growing out of a 3rd floor apartment size closet we go way back my brother, you have become an Icon! Good to see your still around.... :pimp3:

Well after hearing what ya said above, You must know the deal :) I remember the closet in that apt your speaking of....

Come long way since those days, Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the kind words, Happy Holidays to all!!!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
hey blaze, quick question... i am using your recipe however i substituted FFOF for the miracle grow. Comparing the two it seems to me the FFOF has a little less nutes in it as people using just that have to feed after a month or so. So my question is, do you think this is sustainable, or am i going to have to feed at some point? I used the FFOF because of all the reports of gnat problems with the MG. Have you experienced any gnat problems first hand?

Thanks! everything is looking pretty good right now but i am a little worried about down the road.

Yeah I posted about it in this thread, Though its a long thread and hard to locate that post, I have indeed experienced the gnats first hand. They never got bad enough to damage a crop, was nothing more then a pest for me. I switched over from miracle grow organic because I mixed up a batch once and went to transplanting and pulled out a handull of maggots when digging a hole to plant the clones into. I could deal with gnats no bothers, but the maggots is just something I dont wanna play with.

No you should still be fine, I've done it both ways with very simular end results, I prefer the mg organic, Because it has the density I really like for mixing with pro mix etc, FFOF is also peat based like pro mix etc so it makes for a slightly lighter mix, Which isnt quite as nice as the mg organic. However it leaves no chance of maggots and no gnats so its the better choice for those reasons!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
HI Blaze... been reading your other thread, just got into this one.... I am using straight miracle grow organic with 15-20 % perlite, and I dont like it a bit.. not consistant enough.. one plant is burning and the one next to it will be starving...
I plan to go to your mix next time.. One question I had with it tho, is my tap water runs about 9ph... and 150ppm solids... in the summer it has a sulphurous odor to it, but goes away in winter and doesnt seem to change ph..
Is your soil mix good for using that high of ph water? Or should I ph down to 6.5 or something...
Thanks in advance, you and everyone on this site are a great help....
fishwater

I would say you may need to ph it down to around 7.0 - 7.5 that will be plenty my tap is around 7.4 and reasonable ppm also. I wouldnt take it to the 6.0 6.5 area simply cause the ph ups and downs are not good for the plants, the less you have to use to keep the ph in correct area's the better it is. I know the mix works fine with tap testing 7.0-7.5 so no need to get the ph down to 6.5 etc.The less you have to use the better...

flfunk

Yeah I posted about it in this thread, Though its a long thread and hard to locate that post, I have indeed experienced the gnats first hand. They never got bad enough to damage a crop, was nothing more then a pest for me. I switched over from miracle grow organic because I mixed up a batch once and went to transplanting and pulled out a handull of maggots when digging a hole to plant the clones into. I could deal with gnats no bothers, but the maggots is just something I dont wanna play with.

No you should still be fine, I've done it both ways with very simular end results, I prefer the mg organic, Because it has the density I really like for mixing with pro mix etc, FFOF is also peat based like pro mix etc so it makes for a slightly lighter mix, Which isnt quite as nice as the mg organic. However it leaves no chance of maggots and no gnats so its the better choice for those reasons!

Thanks Blaze, i appreciate the reply. Hope you had a wonderful holidays!

fishwater

Blaze, one quick question... the promix you use.. from the picture it is the kind with the water retention gel.. is that right??

fishwater-
you can use any kind of promix you want. it doesn't matter about the gel for water retention, although maybe if you can't always get to your crop it could prolong watering by a little bit.
flfunk- use the MGOC stuff first. the texture is better. plus its fuckoff cheap. if that doesn't work for you then go for the FFOF. it WILL change the texture of your mix.
Blaze- keep on rocking it pro style bro. yuo're threads changed my entire game dude. now i gots more skills and less bills!

Been waitin to do this for a while.
I just transplanted my girls into Blazeones soil mix 2 weeks ago, OMFG!
3 Kings Kush, 1 Super Lemon Haze and 1 Alaskin Ice. All GreenHouse seeds fem.
In two weeks my girls have doubled in size AND appearance!

Attachments

• garden 001.jpg
    garden 001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 15
  • garden 004.jpg
    garden 004.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 16
  • garden 006.jpg
    garden 006.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Cannabacchus
    Cannabacchus