What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup hits the dirt again.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will soon be growing using this mix and wonder if it would work with 2 gallon grow bags or if that would cause the nutrients to run low?

Also, could I run a long flowing strain like a sativa that would finish in 10 weeks or would that mean the soil would have no nutrients left??

:dunno: Well I hope it can last 16 weeks, 4 weeks in veg (in thier current pots), then about 12 in flower for my Super Lemon Haze.

I wonder if anyone knows of a tea that ya could use to supplement the soil mix for longer grows?
We need the "Dali Lama" for guidance on our journey. Anyone got his phone number? LOL.

:dunno: Well I hope it can last 16 weeks, 4 weeks in veg (in thier current pots), then about 12 in flower for my Super Lemon Haze.

I wonder if anyone knows of a tea that ya could use to supplement the soil mix for longer grows?
We need the "Dali Lama" for guidance on our journey. Anyone got his phone number? LOL.

My chocolopes seem to fade out after 4 weeks in flower, and they finished in 45 days (instead of 60 with nutes) really small light buds but great smoke. I guess I need to supplement with them.

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Yeah feed them chocolopes man...i got some in week 5 of 12/12 and i´m giving them full dose canna terra with some big bud.....they like but are not overfed so i guess they are medium to heavy feeders.

very very nice thread blaze......earth rules!!! (and coco)

icetoker

Wuz up everyone! Got a couple questions.
One, still haven't heard if there are any teas you can ad to Blazes' soil mix.
And two, does anyone have an idea whats causing this, I'm hoping it's from being to close to the light.
picture.php

picture.php

or this?
picture.php

i dont think its the light buddy. nute def of some kind, could be caused by a lockout. honestly i never feed anything into this mix. plain ol water

Thats all I give em', plain water Ph'd to 6.0. For about a week or two it's been very dry in my grow room, low RH. That and the light being to close I'm thinking caused this but I don't have the experience to know for sure.
Should I ad a small amount lime on top of the soil and water it in?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looks like a heat/humidty problem, The leafs rolling up around the edges is indication of high heat lower humidity, Bottom cupping looks like maybe your keeping them to wet.

My guess, Assuming you done the mixing correctly, Your need to lower the temps in the room raise the humidity a little and slow down on your waterings.

GL if you do the above they should bounce right out of it. As long as your mix was ok to start with. I dont reccomend jumping the gun and spraying/feeding them anything, I can garuntee if you done the mix right they are not short on food supply no where near it as early into it as you are!!!

Blaze, whats up! Thanks for lookin' in.
I know I got the soil mix right, or real damn close (I think, lol). I'm think'in it was a combination of my light being to close and very low humidity, I hope, hehe.
Strange that it's only happening on the 3 Kings Kush, my SLH and AI both look fine.
The humidity is up to around 40* so I'm gonna just set a pan of h2o in with girls, should help. Got the light about 18" off the tops.
Got another question for ya or for whoever. I'm gonna flip to 12/12 this weekend, is it better to water before or right after you switch over. Just wonderin'.

Again, thanks for lookin' in Blaze, you da man.
Peace.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Blaze, whats up! Thanks for lookin' in.
I know I got the soil mix right, or real damn close (I think, lol). I'm think'in it was a combination of my light being to close and very low humidity, I hope, hehe.
Strange that it's only happening on the 3 Kings Kush, my SLH and AI both look fine.
The humidity is up to around 40* so I'm gonna just set a pan of h2o in with girls, should help. Got the light about 18" off the tops.
Got another question for ya or for whoever. I'm gonna flip to 12/12 this weekend, is it better to water before or right after you switch over. Just wonderin'.

Again, thanks for lookin' in Blaze, you da man.
Peace.

Its better to water when they need watered not before or after, If they need it before you flip water if they dont do not. Never water based on the time of day etc, Water based on the plants needs not based on time...

So the answer is its best to water when they need it...

maxibiogreen

Veteran
Blazeoneup.

Congratulations!!!! Real nice and clean work.

You can tell when someone loves what he/she does.

I m running two ways at the moment, a DWC system with a NL5#haze and also have 3 AK47 in soil in the same room. I have to say that DWC systems rules.

I m going back to the recirculating DWC thread, hope to meet u there

My little contribution to your thread

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blaze ive been working my way through your thread for a couple of days now. dont get into the soil section too much and had missed it up to now.
you are an awesome grower who has clearly inspired a lot of other people

keep it up and i'll be looking forward to your side by side with the LED unit. ive been impressed with my 63 watt so far and cant wait to get going with the bigger one

much respect

V.

BORNaSMOKER

blaze one....

firstly, loving the threads mate. keep up the good work. I just want a bit of advice on soil, i am trying to mimick your soil mix but can't source the MG or the HP in the UK. I can get a range of other soils though, just want to know what u would use if you were here!!

bless

edit: i can get plagron soils, plant magic (new brand, had good results with this and feeding), bio bizz soils.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
hey blaze ive been working my way through your thread for a couple of days now. dont get into the soil section too much and had missed it up to now.
you are an awesome grower who has clearly inspired a lot of other people

keep it up and i'll be looking forward to your side by side with the LED unit. ive been impressed with my 63 watt so far and cant wait to get going with the bigger one

much respect

V.

Thanks for visiting the thread, I like what your doing with that 63w unit. You seem to have the micro thing down, GL with that 205w unit I'm sure your gonna rock it out :biggrin:

If you guys wanna get up to date with what I am doing here is a link to the new thread I have running!

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=158105