What's new

Blazeoneup hits the dirt again.

B

Brazilianfire

Hey Blaze, How tall are those Chronic plants before harvest? What's the yield per plant ratio? I would think a few ounces? 2 maybe. Looking good brother! Thanks

B

Brazilianfire

not to be a pest, but I'm very curious on the yield per plant ratio here. I'm thinking maybe 2 ounces per plant. Thank you.

anyone ever use a wicking system with this method? how about bottom feeding with smart pots (or any pots?)

The wicking system would be in place in case of extended absence and the bottom watering could be to stimulate some quick root growth.

Just thoughts that crossed my mind.

blaze mentions specifically that the mgoc or ffof is roughly 40% of the mix, the promix is roughly %40 and the rest is amendments and perlite.

so if you guys wondering, i am running this mix (original blazeoneup mix from a few years ago) as we speak with :

2cf of mgoc (or 1.5 cf of ffof) 40%
2cf of promix 40%
1cf perlite 20%
1.5 cups bone meal
1.5 cups blood meal
3/4 cup doly lime

it works great! no problems, no deficiencies, no burn as long as you use rooted clones or seedlings:2cents:

flamingheat

I've made this mix and have plants in it but of course I can't stop reading the thread and saw this post just now http://icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1950370&postcount=690
In it Blazeoneup states that you need 3.8 cf of the pro mix. I'm wondering what to do right about now, I guess that because of the organic nature of everything the plant's won't get burned (plus you're obviously using it without problems) but for future reference could we clear this up once again for all of us who are a little nervous? Thanks to all for contributing

I think I found something, back on page five he says that the pro mix is 2 cf compressed so I am way off, I thought that it was even parts pro mix and mg, arghh. Blazeoneup would you mind confirming the recipe for us and we will be responsible for making sure the official one gets posted every couple pages from here on out to cut down on questions and confusion???

B

Brazilianfire

I'm sure he will answer your question, I hope he answers mine.. wait in line my friend.. lol he's probably super busy with his awesome grows :)

Brazilianfire, yeah, I know - really not trying to be pushy just trying to clear things up for myself and anyone catching the tail end of this thread from here on out. I guess from looking at all that he does I started to assume that he had unlimited time . . . lol. maybe we should all chip in on a personal assistant for him so that he can dictate answers while he's doing his thing. as a matter of fact - i'd like to apply for the position! just freaking out a little that's all.

nycKid

Blaze....dirt...(but why) lol yeah I did dirt again too ...I hate it so back to my freedom buckets...
nycKID

sneakinman13

Veteran
FRANKENBLUNT420 looks good man thanks for the post :)

SouthFlorida

Very kind post man I appreciate everything you said :) I thought chronic was ok, It has a mango like flavor kinda fruity smells great pretty good bag appeal, But over-all its just middle grade stuff!!!!

Here is a shot of the babies now! Also a shot of the new moms to be!

wow. what a dope mom list.
you have a few strains me and everyone would love to run!
enjoy man

hey fellas:

It IS equal parts MGOC and promix. You can also double the promix with no problems, but the true mix will be at its best with equal parts. The variety of promix doesn't matter at all. for containers, BX or any other will work as long as it is mixed in all the way. lets see.... uh... oh chunky perlite or regular small perlite will work as well. chunky has its advantages, but the small stuff will do the trick and is not as pricey. keep the ratios of each ingredient like the mix says and you will kickass. Blaze may or may not answer the thread questions. he used to be here more but I think he is pretty busy this time of year, like all of us! I only get here maybe once a week, but I use the shit out of the mix so I will attempt to consult from afar. I even grew cucumbers and tomatoes this last august! Now i am working on my first ever small setup. i moved and now i will do my first ever "less than 10 trees grow" The mix works big and small i hope! Use the mix i posted a few pages back and use rooted plants and they will go nuts. Blaze gets diff amounts per plant depending on strain and veg time. get a big yielder and i guarantee 2+ zips per plant, but get you some c02 boys......

then you can really grow

the flamingheat

hey fellas:

It IS equal parts MGOC and promix. You can also double the promix with no problems, but the true mix will be at its best with equal parts. The variety of promix doesn't matter at all. for containers, BX or any other will work as long as it is mixed in all the way. lets see.... uh... oh chunky perlite or regular small perlite will work as well. chunky has its advantages, but the small stuff will do the trick and is not as pricey. keep the ratios of each ingredient like the mix says and you will kickass. Blaze may or may not answer the thread questions. he used to be here more but I think he is pretty busy this time of year, like all of us! I only get here maybe once a week, but I use the shit out of the mix so I will attempt to consult from afar. I even grew cucumbers and tomatoes this last august! Now i am working on my first ever small setup. i moved and now i will do my first ever "less than 10 trees grow" The mix works big and small i hope! Use the mix i posted a few pages back and use rooted plants and they will go nuts. Blaze gets diff amounts per plant depending on strain and veg time. get a big yielder and i guarantee 2+ zips per plant, but get you some c02 boys......

then you can really grow

the flamingheat

Thanks for the clarification - I guess the bottom line is that the plants don't really need as much as we think they want! To me that's the beauty of this method, you are letting the plant take what it want's and just enjoying the fellowship and rewards. Another reason I was freaking out is that having 2 vs 3.8 cf of pro mix to my 2 cf of mg might make the mix too hot since the pro mix has lime in it already but if you're not having any problems then I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride! Do you mind if I ask what you're watering with and what the ph is? Thanks from a fellow east coaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basically i mixed up a batch and then I saw blazes "no you need 3.8cf of promix post. but my plants were killing it so i said fuck it and left it alone. I have yet to have a problem with the mix as i posted it, and since then blaze himself has posted and said it sounded like i had the mix down. so yes there is a discrepancy, but the mix i use is awesome. blaze also has another mix which is the same but adds some kelp. i dont do that because it slows the take-off down and burns a little. but thats with my strain, which i made myself and is fert tolerant. don't worry about the lime. if you used the mix i posted it won't matter. plain tap water from start to finish, and i never have bothered to test ph.

Thanks again! Some of mine are really showing that they like this soil, others are a little slower but they were also more jacked up. I might just throw in some extra pealite to try. THe next round I plant will have a back up wicking system in place. Take it easy.

keico

Just wanna share

Just wanna share

Ok Just wanna share my current grow which uses Blazeoneups recipe

They were started in Jiffy starter cubes

Transplanted to 1 quart containers for 3 weeks

Transplanted to 3 gallon pots for 3 weeks

Then switched to 12/12 flowering about two weeks now

Just some bag seed

keico

I think I found something, back on page five he says that the pro mix is 2 cf compressed so I am way off, I thought that it was even parts pro mix and mg, arghh. Blazeoneup would you mind confirming the recipe for us and we will be responsible for making sure the official one gets posted every couple pages from here on out to cut down on questions and confusion???

Ok for those waiting for questions concerning his recipe here are his words regarding his soil recipe

These are all peat based mix....
Promix, Bcuzz hydro mix, Sunshine mix, and plain peat moss can all be used!

These are the optional soils to use with the peat based mixes above.
Mg organic, Foxfarm ocean forrest, Black gold,

You can mix and match any of the above mixes to achieve simular results.

Example Promix with mg organic or Pro mix with ocean forrest or bcuzz hydro with m organic or visa versa so on yada yada.

Here are the key points I will make. It doesnt matter much which way you go with it, What matters is that the soil is mixed with the peat based mix to create about a 60/40 mix 60% peat 40% soil. Then you add your perlite and ammendmants. I usually use 3.8 cf bales of any of the above mentioned peat based mixes, With 2cf of ocean forrest or mg etc!

I reccomend chunky perlite, I also reccomend using ocean forrest over mg organic, I had fungus gnats with mg organic and once I mixed the mix, and went to tranplant the babies and pull out a handfull of soil and it was loaded with maggets, So I no longer use MG organic.

1-1&1/2 cup blood meal 1-1&1/2 cup bone meal 1/2-3/4 cup dolomite lime, Or pulverized limestone. Depending on how your strain feeds if its a heavier feeder go with the 1&1/2 blood and bone meal if its a light feeder then use the 1 cup.

If your vegging less than 30 days 3 gal bags are fine. If you plan to veg for 30 or more you need to use 5 gal bags or else you could be nute deff during flower. If you want to add castings thats fine, I reccomend just top coating with it during the latter stages of veg before the flip.

You can use sweet if you would like also, I'm kinda tired and high so I will go back over this post and thread later and if you have any questions feel free to ask. On a side note I have used everyone of the above mentioned products all with simular success mg organic is the only one which can bring along fungus gnats etc.

I hope this helps out people who are wondering about his recipe

I am using it and the plants love it

Ok for those waiting for questions concerning his recipe here are his words regarding his soil recipe

These are all peat based mix....
Promix, Bcuzz hydro mix, Sunshine mix, and plain peat moss can all be used!

These are the optional soils to use with the peat based mixes above.
Mg organic, Foxfarm ocean forrest, Black gold,

You can mix and match any of the above mixes to achieve simular results.

Example Promix with mg organic or Pro mix with ocean forrest or bcuzz hydro with m organic or visa versa so on yada yada.

Here are the key points I will make. It doesnt matter much which way you go with it, What matters is that the soil is mixed with the peat based mix to create about a 60/40 mix 60% peat 40% soil. Then you add your perlite and ammendmants. I usually use 3.8 cf bales of any of the above mentioned peat based mixes, With 2cf of ocean forrest or mg etc!

I reccomend chunky perlite, I also reccomend using ocean forrest over mg organic, I had fungus gnats with mg organic and once I mixed the mix, and went to tranplant the babies and pull out a handfull of soil and it was loaded with maggets, So I no longer use MG organic.

1-1&1/2 cup blood meal 1-1&1/2 cup bone meal 1/2-3/4 cup dolomite lime, Or pulverized limestone. Depending on how your strain feeds if its a heavier feeder go with the 1&1/2 blood and bone meal if its a light feeder then use the 1 cup.

If your vegging less than 30 days 3 gal bags are fine. If you plan to veg for 30 or more you need to use 5 gal bags or else you could be nute deff during flower. If you want to add castings thats fine, I reccomend just top coating with it during the latter stages of veg before the flip.

You can use sweet if you would like also, I'm kinda tired and high so I will go back over this post and thread later and if you have any questions feel free to ask. On a side note I have used everyone of the above mentioned products all with simular success mg organic is the only one which can bring along fungus gnats etc.

I hope this helps out people who are wondering about his recipe

I am using it and the plants love it

If it's working that's all that matters right! Thanks for the insight. Not trying to argue but I am pretty sure that a 3.8 cf bail is about 7 cf loose, so you might be using way more than 60% of your peat mix. If that's the case, it's just another example of how little nutrients the plants actually need i guess. I'm using even parts of mgoc and pr mix bx right now and the plants seem pretty happy except for some odd yellowing - I'll have to take some pics & they seem to dry out pretty quick even under flouros. So, I think I'll definitely be adding a little more pro mix nixt time and or a little vermiculite.

Latest posts

Latest posts