What's new

Black Ra1n's Grow Journal

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
All males, that sucks, I really like AK, still have a few seeds of it hanging around here somewhere.. I was having troubles with the seeds as well, I would see males or hermies quite a bit, but most likely due to my bad habits. But some serious smoke. It be wamr enough around here now for some outdoor planting, just really really wet. Take care bro I will be back

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Sorry to hear about your AK Gay Party ...(does that help you accept it now so you can cull them?)

Just a quick stop through BR...been lurking but too busy to be posting....I'm around though...cab looks good and plants look healthy....that's a plus...now lets get ya some chicks. I know you got access to some good strains so maybe that's why I'm not sweating too much about the Gay Party....I'd kick them out though....make room for chicks.....Not that there's anything wrong with that....Jerry Seinfield.

Peace Bro.
Enjoy your weekend.
BG

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Widow Maker, Kooki, Dr Dog, Zeus and BG. Sorry for the crap post but I'm tired ..... work is a bitch lol ... I don't drink very often ... well last time I was nicely snapped was at my wedding last year haha not that I remember much of that :) ... but I'm downing a nice Icehouse right now and if I had more there'd be a problem. I'm looking forward to a nice packed bowl in a few, but first I have a few things on the go .... My males are doing great hahaha no really they are, I'm going to let them go and remove them just before they pop so I can get some pollen. I was really bummed about them being all males and was wondering Zeus what was your female to male ratio with your ak 48 beans?

Well hope everyone has a great week-end, I'll be at work ..... back on Sunday.

B/R

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey BR, dont worry about the short post...we all seem very busy right now!!!With those AK's, if I remember, out of 10 beans, I got 3 femmes...not great.However, 2 of them are the 2 purps I have goin now!!!!Laterr, gotta go harvest a few of my beauties!!!!

z

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Zeus, yeah that's what I thought. From what I've read, the male to female ratio is probably 70/30, but when you do get a female it's well worth it. So yeah I'll be cloning the hell out of any ak lady that appears.

Take care...

B/R

Budless

Sorry to hear about your male AK's. If it makes you feel any better from a $50 order(resulting in 30 seeds total) I was only able to get one female out of the entire batch! Granted a lot of the previous seeds had issues here and there and I never was able to flower anything until my current plant. However, to me, one female is well worth the entire batch of 30 seeds in my opinion. For a newbie it's a success. :p Good luck on getting a female. Tenacity is a virtue. Be tenacious and overcome!

PS. Everything else is looking real nice!

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Budless, thanks for the sympathy. Sucks you spent so much and only got one.

Well my males are doing great, they should flower this week.
Here's the 4 I brought to the country. The two stretched ones are the PPP's, they grew a ton in a week. The other two are the Ak's.

Some close ups of the PPP's.

My scrog is growing nicely. I tucked all the fan leaves under the bud sites. I haven't counted, but it has a ton of bud sites. It's also going through a nice growth spurt, which will fill the rest of the screen. The MxA I have is budding up nicely, for only a week. The one PPP I had left turned out to be a female so I took a bunch of clones. Well I'll leave it at that ....

Here's a pic of my hibiscus, just for fun ... take care all....

B/R

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Bonsai said:
Sorry to hear about your AK Gay Party ...(does that help you accept it now so you can cull them?)
:laughing: LMAO
Party at the Blue Oyster! :dance: :moon:

Surprised to find a certain genetic can favour a sexual trait as well :chin:

Dutch Passion tends to think environmental issues play a big game in sexual orientation.
Dutch Passion' Website - [url said:
http://www.dutch-passion.nl/home.php?p=feminized&l=en][/url]
From literature and our own findings it appears that the growth of a male or female plant from seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. The environmental factors that influence gender are:

a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females.
a higher potassium concentration will give more males.
a higher humidity will give more females.
a lower temperature will give more females.
more blue light will give more females.
Fewer hours of light will give more females.
It is important to start these changes at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks, before reverting to standard conditions.
^I've had phenomenal success with my female/male ratio since I've put their methods to practice. Maybe I'm lucky :confused:

Glad to see you putting the males to good use though :yes:

Nice to see another plant on here too. You figure as many growers we have on here...some of us have to grow things other than pot :biglaugh:
Beautiful flower my friend :smile:

kooki

Lol blue oyster bar, funny tml :biglaugh:
Ive read similar to that piece u put on female/male ratios and it included sayin u need to make sure of those points around 2nd to 4th week of veg period, jus thought id add that ive tried it, but i only usually start 2 a time, then about 10 days later start 2 more till veg is full, and go on the 50/50 principle of at least gettin 1 female... recent i had unlucky two males with afghan, but then i often notice i do get 2 females more often than two males over time..
The time amount of hours is one reason i will run my lights 16/8 in veg till i have things sexed then will up to 20/4 to reduce any stretching.. initial stretch is good when u lst or scrog i think, gives room to get hands in to remove dead leaves etc and airflow, then once sexed and plant "up there a bit" u can reduce stretch with the longer lights on (or at least thats been my observations) that coupled with proximity to the cfl i use, further away more stretch then closer less stretch..
And the blue light thing i always run more blue in veg , with a little red mixed in, ive never tried it, but i will with the current 2 K2 im running as i am looking for a male im gonna swap out all the blue spectrum lights for red :D , and see if it works, that and keep lights 20/4 for the current veggin plants.
So thanks for reminding us of that piece TML :yes:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Flower week 3

Flower week 3

Hey TML, thanks for the info I'll try it on the newly poped ak's.

Hey Kooki thanks for the info man.

Well it's week 3 and there's plenty going on. I have two males outside, one ak and one Canada Mist which I found in preflower the other day. I have a cloner full of female M x A's and PPP's. The bubs are looking good and should show sex soon. I was hoping to have some pollen to do a cross on my M x A, just on a few lower buds. I think the ak's and ppp's I have in the country should be in flower by the week-end. Think I'll cross the PPP with the M x A and see what happens. The M x A buds up quickly, I can't get over the size of the buds already for only being 3 weeks since I changed the lighting schedule. On with the pics........

Here's the M x A ....

The scrog is filling in, there are a bunch of bud sites. I think I'll have to do some leaf trimming soon.

Well that's it for now ... thanks for stopping by.

B/R

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Brain
howzit man? great cab you built.. i can wait to see the marco finish i have always wanted to buy it just never have... Now watching this i just may doit now.. What are the temps in the flowering chamber of yer cab? bbl to peep yer ladies.. peace..

sack

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Dog, yeah she's a beauty and the best part is that I topped her twice so I have 6 nice tops and they're nicely spaced apart, now I just hope she doesn't stretch much cause I don't have much room for her to go upwards. I may have to start bending the branches so I might put some mesh in the cab to train her.

Hey sackoweed, thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I would recommend nirvana's m x a, out of the 3 beans I popped they're all females and the genetics are awesome, can't kick on the price either. Daytime temps in the flower room is usually around 80 and about 70-75 when the light is off. The mother/clone room is between 80-90 when the lights are on and 75-80 when they're off. I need a few more top vents in there, and they're on the list of things I plan on improving. I also want to get a better exhaust fan.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
I'd say you are doin great BR....let her go now. She won't stetch anymore now...I wouldn't think so anyway...you'll get some filling in now but at most 6" of upwards growth..maybe 8"...but that would be a ...ummm stretch

Peace Man...looks awsome
BG

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Lookin good BR...Hey , where did u get that screen???Ive been lookin for the perfect ScRoG, and so far I havent found one, what do u guys recommend???Anyhow, those are true beauties, my friend, cant wait to see that screen start to fill up!!!Yummm...Peace bro
- Z

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
BG, thanks man. I really think this strain is going to be a keeper.

Zeus, you can use just about anything. Go to home depot and look around, I did see some plastic grate that would work well. They also had some plastic fence and that filter I bought comes with a nice plastic screen that would work great. The screen needs a little tucking and then the buds should start shooting upwards.

The males are going to pop any day, should be able to make some beans on this grow.

Take care all

B/R

kooki

Good luck with a bean grow BR :yes: and that MxA is lookin sweet :yummy:
And that screen is fillin nicely.
Looks like u got things set up soundly :woohoo: gonna be here to :lurk :D

G

BlackRain!!!

Nice looking setup you have going.

I like that cabinet. I just went through this thread. I live in an apartment...so I'm fucked if someone came in. No one has for 5 years, but...

I do like being able to let my current plants get larger in the space I have now. I'm hoping for 2-3 oz from each plant. 2 are like 4 feet tall and 2 are just over 3 feet.

Thanks for stopping and commenting on my grow!

They still have about 6 weeks to go yet.

My Aurora Indicas were bitchin cause my Ice plants were getting all the press so here is my small AI yesterday. Colas are filling in more every day. Resin is builing up too. I'm LOVING it. :woohoo:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Kooki, thanks man. I'm going tonight to see if my males in the country have popped yet.

Hey Oblidio49, thanks for stopping in, that Aurora is looking awesome. Great job man.

Well I have to transplant the M x A in the flower chamber, there's no way she'll make the distance. I mixed up some soil last night and I'll give her a new home later. I have a huge ass tiller in my truck and I'm off to make me a garden muahahaha!!!!

Take care all.......

B/R