Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Some nice looking buds, very frosty!

So you are saying you could get closer?

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a tasty bit of kit mate. I'm a Nikon man myself (currently using a d40x). I'm saving up for a proper 105mm f2.8 macro lens and am almost there but then a macro flash costs the same amount again! :yoinks:

I haven't tried those macro filters though. Have you seen Sideshow-Bob's photos? So crisp and you get a really nice halo effect from the ring flash showing up in all the trichomes.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Dog, yeah you can get much closer lol. The 300 lens is nuts.

Sammet, nice camera you have man. I would check on ebay for camera supplies. You can get a macro lens for 60 bucks, probably the lens you want cheaper too.

Well I put the babies in the rubbermaid bin this morning and when I checked on them tonight I was surprised to see a set of leaves already. I ended up putting 2 more 27 watters in the bin.

before pic

and after

B/R

inverse

damn, looking good black ra1n.

i got a cannon xti and i cant take bud shots for shit...i got a 17-85mm lens for it...but i can never take awesome bud shots like that. maybe my lighting is off.......

anyways, ill be around for the updates in here. looks like a good start :)

FarOut

Well Done BR :rasta:

It has been said

When you do something you Love :rasta:

You do it Well :rasta:

You clearly LOVE what you do :rasta:

FarOut :rasta:

dkmonk

Nice this is my first subscription to a thread, glad i caught this early so i can watch weekly how these babies are doing.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
inverse, yeah it takes a while to get the right settings. Lighting is a major thing when taking macros, especially inside... my next purchase is a macro flash.

FarOut, thanks man. This hobby is addictive lol.

dkmonk, glad you decided to watch this run.

A quick update, I lost all the crash test so I popped 2 more. They're up and looking much better than the first batch. The Bog cross's are doing great, t x sd are okay... one is close to death, one is great and the other doesn't want to grow straight, it's more of a ground cover. I put my heating mat in the rubbermaid bin to try to keep the temp up. I was running 24, but might cut back to 20-4.

Bog1 x Rainbow4 #1

Bog1 x Rainbow4 #2

Trainwreck x Strawberry Diesel

They just don't seem to want to grow....

B/R

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Those youngins r looking fine bro, yeah sometimes plants seem they don't want to grow no matter what, then they grow suddenly... I had some seedlings stayed the same size for around 10 days lol. :rasta:

Btw some nice great ppp buds there :joint: take care bro! :wave:

18859Feb21_bogxrainbow_2.jpg

:yoinks: You got blingin' babies! :D
NICE!!
Should be something awesome watching these grow!
Greetz, Low

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave:..Yo BR...lets see some new shots withthe HOT cam!!!LOL..Just kidding...Lookin good bro, as always!! Ill see ya later...

Peace
-Z

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
StonedGrunt55, hey bro, yeah I've been doing more murdering than anything lately. Can't wait to move and get my set up running.

High Lowlander, that lil bog cross seedling just won't give up, probably a male hahaha.

Sammet, thanks man...

greenhead, thanks for popping in, the new camera is awesome. I just need to read more about it.

ZeusOGrefugee, I'm still in the learning stage on this thing... I'm trying the all manual mode, trying to get the best settings for the shots that bring the awww factor.... thanks for stopping in.

Well it's been a rough week, I'm down to a few seedlings the rest have been lost. I have 5 bc seeds in some water from years back. They were gifted by my friends cousin who lives on Vancouver Island. They are either bumbleberry or big bud, lol both are great strains. I have them soaking in water for 12 hours then I'll force crack them to see if they'll start. I bought a smaller tray and dome that fits in my bin, the remaining youngins are looking much better. I'm not going to pop any more till I'm set up properly. I've been doing lots of reading on macro's, I'm building a light box this week and I'll post the link to how to do it later on, it's really easy and cheap.

Have a good one..

B/R

Hi BR!
Black Ra1n said:
High Lowlander, that lil bog cross seedling just won't give up, probably a male hahaha.B/R
Gotta question though..how do you tell the males from the females,in other words..what makes you think that one might be male? has it got something to do with the rate they growing?
:wave: , Low

Yes i know how to tell males and females apart when they develop their flowers, but before that time, no clue really..

Last edited:

dkmonk

males usually grow taller and have more internode spacing but from them just sprouting i really have no idea either

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey High Lowlander, I was just saying that I've been so unlucky with this batch of seedlings that any that do survive will probably be male...

dkmonk, grab a seat man.... join the gang...

Not much to update... just putting those old seeds in some paper towel to see if I can get them to pop.

B/R

damakkus

West Coast ICer
What up Black Rain.

Glad to hear you popped some beans. Doesn't it feel good.

Cant wait to see how they turn out. :lurk:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey D, yeah I popped a bunch, lost a bunch lol. It's driving me nuts, thanks for stopping by the asylum.

Okay I found this thread..... and I would seriously check it out, cause I was skeptical at first myself. We all have old beans lying around, and this method works. I had 5 ole beans from a friend in BC (either big bud or bumbleberry) left that wouldn't pop. I tried this method and I now have 4 with tails.
Germination Technique

They'll go into some new soil I got the other day, it's not my pro mix, but it will have to do. Living in a cold climate sucks, they pack all the gardening supplies away so you're stuck using crap.

Here's what's left of the first batch of seedlings, they're nothing pretty to say the least. I've never had seedlings lose their starter leaves so quickly, but I know it can't be a good sign lol.

The loan Bog1 x Rainbow4

The loan Trainwreck x Strawberry Diesel

B/R

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
It certainly did seem to work, I will have to try that on my stubborn Northern berry seeds

I think it might be a losing battle with those seedlings, one of them looks like it is molding on the stem, I think you may want to save some space on your organics container for that.

All will be ok with your new room, you will be as happy as I am with mine

Dr Dog said:
I think it might be a losing battle with those seedlings, one of them looks like it is molding on the stem,

Good Eyes Dr D!

Hey BR, don't worry bro, everything will get settled in! They'll be looking good in no time.
Greetz, Low
PS: Seems somethings off with my 'puter or Firefox or something, can't post any smillies GRRRR