What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Lives Matter "protest" lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
New Mexico Is the Second State to Ban Qualified Immunity
Lawmakers passed the New Mexico Civil Rights Act on Wednesday.​

https://innocenceproject.org/new-mex...ccountability/

the real solution is the prolonged training. you telling me that 6 months will make you a cop in the US is crazy. it takes a few years to learn any trade or profession, how could it be so short for such a high responsibility job? how anyone ever signed off on such a system is beyond me. you don't become a painter in 6 months, so how you gonna be a cop? it takes a good 6 months of daily interactions just to see if someone has the temperament and mental stability to even start to become a cop. thats why its good to make it so you have to have a profession to even begin the training. it means you don't get immature, power tripping sociopaths able to be police. they need to be screened for power tripping tendencies just as much as for honesty.

but yes, they should not have legal immunity if they break the law, the fact that this is even an issue is insane too. of course they shouldn't have immunity from breaking the law fs

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the real solution is the prolonged training. you telling me that 6 months will make you a cop in the US is crazy. it takes a few years to learn any trade or profession, how could it be so short for such a high responsibility job? how anyone ever signed off on such a system is beyond me. you don't become a painter in 6 months, so how you gonna be a cop? it takes a good 6 months of daily interactions just to see if someone has the temperament and mental stability to even start to become a cop. thats why its good to make it so you have to have a profession to even begin the training. it means you don't get immature, power tripping sociopaths able to be police. they need to be screened for power tripping tendencies just as much as for honesty.

but yes, they should not have legal immunity if they break the law, the fact that this is even an issue is insane too. of course they shouldn't have immunity from breaking the law fs

...just like the kids they sent to Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan; oh ya France, Holland, Poland, Afr.....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another Black man shot dead by a cop for a traffic violation.. Mistakes her Firearm for a Taser. If a cop can't tell which is which they shouldn't be a cop..

ElGato

Veteran
Another Black man shot dead by a cop for a traffic violation.. Mistakes her Firearm for a Taser. If a cop can't tell which is which they shouldn't be a cop..

Is that how you see it? Black man shot for a traffic violation? Did you see the video?

It's sad that a young Man is dead, but if he had complied with the Police he would have most likely been home by now. He alone set in motion the events that led to his death.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is that how you see it? Black man shot for a traffic violation? Did you see the video?

It's sad that a young Man is dead, but if he had complied with the Police he would have most likely been home by now. He alone set in motion the events that led to his death.

I did, In no way is what he did warent a death sentence. We already know she thought she had a taser which is complete BS. There is nothing similar to a gun and taser. When your rights get violated daily you too would act the same. White privilege is all I see.

fuutang

Amazon appears likely to be headed to victory over activists hoping to establish the company's first unionised warehouse in the US. ...an incomplete count of uncontested ballots conducted by labour officials on Thursday showed that at least 1,100 workers voted against the union effort, compared to less than 500 votes in favour of unionising. A total of 3,125 ballots were cast in the election, representing just over half of the nearly 6,000 people employed at the warehouse.

Union organisers said 'the majority of workers are black - so the fight at the warehouse is tied to broader issues of civil rights and racial justice.
Or words to that effect. See last paragraph, here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56657595

Thoughts - Amazon bullies are set to win against unionising their warehouse, where we have seen working terms and conditions desperately need to be challenged in the UK. This is very dissapointing, that workers prefer Amazon bullies rules to their fellow workers concerns. However this Amazon-warehouse is in the US, not in the UK.

IMO, it's better to be in view of the facts, and about Amazon workers views. ;)

med4u

Veteran
1618355788436.png

CaptainDankness

I did, In no way is what he did warent a death sentence. We already know she thought she had a taser which is complete BS. There is nothing similar to a gun and taser. When your rights get violated daily you too would act the same. White privilege is all I see.

Tasers do have a pistol grip and a trigger. She also did have a "oh shit" reaction as well and probably feels really bad about it.

I don't really understand why so many people resist arrest really. I'll run if I have a chance, if I don't I just let them arrest me cause they will shoot you if you fight. They definitely shouldn't be able to shoot you unless their life is in danger, but your life is always in danger in a fight. Fighting definitely scares me a little I hit one guy with a right hook square in the mouth, he dropped so hard and didn't make any movement at all for a good 5 seconds. Lol, I thought I killed him, happens all the time in street fights. I literally saved a guys life in a street fight, guy was out cold and the other guy kept hitting him, I yelled and ran over and threw the one guy down hard, dude was all fucked up, definitely would have been dead if I wasn't there.

Someone gets violent it could be dangerous especially if you're a little guy or a woman.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tasers do have a pistol grip and a trigger. She also did have a "oh shit" reaction as well and probably feels really bad about it.

I don't really understand why so many people resist arrest really. I'll run if I have a chance, if I don't I just let them arrest me cause they will shoot you if you fight. They definitely shouldn't be able to shoot you unless their life is in danger, but your life is always in danger in a fight. Fighting definitely scares me a little I hit one guy with a right hook square in the mouth, he dropped so hard and didn't make any movement at all for a good 5 seconds. Lol, I thought I killed him, happens all the time in street fights. I literally saved a guys life in a street fight, guy was out cold and the other guy kept hitting him, I yelled and ran over and threw the one guy down hard, dude was all fucked up, definitely would have been dead if I wasn't there.

Someone gets violent it could be dangerous especially if you're a little guy or a woman.

It's not surprising, most don't have a clue what all black men goes through. The data is there but most don't understand it or don't care.

CaptainDankness

LEO, in MANY of these instances, killed someone for resisting arrest, fleeing an attempted arrest, or for "refusal to submit". unless the arrest was for a violent felony, killing them in an attempt to arrest them or for "refusing to submit" is not a legal option. this is why most states have outlawed most high-speed chases. you cannot justify killing someone over a misdemeanor violation. just because grand juries refuse to indict cops for doing so does not mean it was legal. it means we need better educated citizens on grand juries. some states are now doing away with (or thinking about it) the legal concept of immunity from prosecution for officers that cross the line. it is about damned time too, in my opinion.

They actually don't do high speed chases in some states for the public's safety, has nothing to do with the criminals safety.

So you're saying since I'm strong enough to throw most cops around, they shouldn't be allowed to arrest me? Even though I think I would become a violent criminal as soon as I put hands on the cop.

CaptainDankness

It's not surprising, most don't have a clue what all black men goes through. The data is there but most don't understand it or don't care.

You don't have a clue either, you ain't black buddy....

Lots of black men are chill, I'm also willing to bet majority of black men don't even bother with protesting BLM. Definitely a lot of black people who don't support BLM. I'm sure you can't find me a single black man killed by police while being polite. :blowbubbles:

​​​​

armedoldhippy

Veteran
They actually don't do high speed chases in some states for the public's safety, has nothing to do with the criminals safety.

So you're saying since I'm strong enough to throw most cops around, they shouldn't be allowed to arrest me? Even though I think I would become a violent criminal as soon as I put hands on the cop.
nope, they are fine to arrest you. there is a charge called "resisting arrest". the fine does not include execution. do you want it to be legal for them to kill you in the process? we had a rather rowdy Golden Gloves boxer lived here. every time he acted up in a bar, local Leo sent enough people to do the job. sometimes that was 7 or 8, lol. resisting arrest/attempting to flee is not the same thing as assaulting an officer. but you know what? neither is punishable under the law by the death penalty. so why is it cool to kill folks while trying to arrest them for minor bullshit? is "submit" your answer? failure to submit is not punishable by death either in a free society. younger and intoxicated members of the public are not the most forward thinking members of society, and much more likely to panic & do something both stupid & illegal. you are not going to convince me it is okay for cops to kill them for that...

audiohi

Veteran
You don't have a clue either, you ain't black buddy....

Lots of black men are chill, I'm also willing to bet majority of black men don't even bother with protesting BLM. Definitely a lot of black people who don't support BLM. I'm sure you can't find me a single black man killed by police while being polite. :blowbubbles:

​​​​

Charles Kinsey was shot while caring for an autistic man. Luckily, he wasn't killed. He was being "polite."

“I’m a behavioral therapist at a group home. There’s no need for guns,” Kinsey yelled. “Arnaldo, please be still Arnaldo. Lay down Arnaldo. Lay on your stomach.”

Charles_Kinsey_with_arms_raised_before_being_shot_by_police.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Charles_Kinsey_with_arms_raised_before_being_shot_by_police.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.3 KB ID:	17832089

How about Elijah McClain, an autistic man who also committed no crime? He was killed by police after being put in a carotid chokehold and injected with ketamine.

On body cam footage McClain can be heard saying, "I'm an introvert, please respect my boundaries that I am speaking".

That sounds "polite." Especially when you've done nothing wrong.

Are two examples enough?

audiohi

Veteran
041221nazario_960x540.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	041221nazario_960x540.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.0 KB ID:	17832103

Active military?

Shocking body camera footage shows Nazario holding both of his hands up and telling the officers he was "honestly afraid to get out" of his car.

"Yea, you should be," replies officer Gutierrez.

CaptainDankness

nope, they are fine to arrest you. there is a charge called "resisting arrest". the fine does not include execution. do you want it to be legal for them to kill you in the process? we had a rather rowdy Golden Gloves boxer lived here. every time he acted up in a bar, local Leo sent enough people to do the job. sometimes that was 7 or 8, lol. resisting arrest/attempting to flee is not the same thing as assaulting an officer. but you know what? neither is punishable under the law by the death penalty. so why is it cool to kill folks while trying to arrest them for minor bullshit? is "submit" your answer? failure to submit is not punishable by death either in a free society. younger and intoxicated members of the public are not the most forward thinking members of society, and much more likely to panic & do something both stupid & illegal. you are not going to convince me it is okay for cops to kill them for that...
But it is legal for them to kill you in the process, happens all the time and they never get in trouble, it's not something new they've been doing it before I was born. I've only been arrested young and drunk myself I just never tried to resist arrest, ran a few times, but only when I had a head start. Lol, my dad always told me to just let them arrest you, cause they will club the fucking shit out you and my dad was white but the cops still beat the shit out of him, a white man in the 70's, maybe earlier 80's.

Sure they shouldn't be allowed to kill you, but they are, allowed to kill you. Sometimes you have to just submit, you can't fight the law unarmed, you need a well armed militia and then the National Guard comes in. Lol
Another thing you don't want to do, is piss off a cop, cause they will find a reason to arrest you, even if they have to plant drugs on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts