What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Lives Matter "protest" lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You don't have a clue either, you ain't black buddy....

Lots of black men are chill, I'm also willing to bet majority of black men don't even bother with protesting BLM. Definitely a lot of black people who don't support BLM. I'm sure you can't find me a single black man killed by police while being polite. :blowbubbles:

​​​​

I never said I was.. At least I see the problem and you do not.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahaha .....when I was a kid growing up in the 70's we all knew mouthing off to a cop would get you a slap upside ya head ,and a foot up ya ass.Of course we didnt have cell phones to break out to record,and antagonize the po po in hopes of retaining Ben Krump as our financial advisor.If you were to run or resist, chances are you would get more than a backhand ,and the foot which I was on the receiving end of a time or two.In hindsight I usually deserved what I got.

Not condoning being shot over a petty crime,and I dont live in the city anymore,but if pulled over today I would be polite,keep my hands on the wheel and ask permission to reach in the glovebox for my registration and proof of insurance.Not all cops are animals,and I don't think they all treat black people like animals either.I can't imagine anyone wanting to be an inner city cop these days,and if you do you should undergo astringent psychological testing because your probably a nutjob.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought that being a nut job was the standard prerequisite to entering the police academy.

I guess it depends on your goal,if it's to become a detective and find actual bad people.I don't have any issues with cops catching sex offenders,murderers,and missing kids.Infact I like when they catch those fuckers.

ElGato

Veteran
Former Brooklyn Center police officer Kimberly A. Potter will be charged with second-degree manslaughter in the shooting death of Daunte Wright, according to Washington County Attorney Pete Orput. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.
[link to m.startribune.com (secure)]

Cuddles

In the states you take a six month police academy course and are handed a gun and badge and can take away people's constitutional rights. Pretty sad. Police should be required to have a 2 year associates degree in criminal justice before they start police academy. IMO that would solve a lot of problems we have with police in the states and it would weed out the people who shouldn't be cops.

police training is only 6 months , really? I had assumed that such training is much longer and more extensive, ....
I can imagine that there was a time (once upon a time , like) when recruiting coppers on the quick was essential but nowadays 6 months teaching people to uphold ( with a gun at the ready) the law, which is much more complex than say 60 years ago is a bit iffy to say the least.

Last edited:

Cuddles

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I think that the slogan should be ALL LIVES MATTER. Simply because there´s too much discrimination all round.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BLACK LIVES MATTER

I think that the slogan should be ALL LIVES MATTER. Simply because there´s too much discrimination all round.

Of course, they do. People that say all lives matter instead don't understand why we say Black lives matter. Take a look around and tell me who's being shot by cops more often it sure ain't white men. The data is there, it's been there for decades.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just looked up the statistics for the first 3 months of 2021.Out of 213 civilians shot by police , 30 were black.

audiohi

Veteran
112 civilians that were shot by police were of unknown race. How does that work?

From, I assume, your source:
Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021. In 2020, there were 1,021 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 there were 999 fatal shootings. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 35 fatal shootings per million of the population as of March 2021.

CaptainDankness

Of course, they do. People that say all lives matter instead don't understand why we say Black lives matter. Take a look around and tell me who's being shot by cops more often it sure ain't white men. The data is there, it's been there for decades.
Except the Asians are actually being beaten up and murdered by black people on a regular basis.

White people ain't beating up on black people, actually white people are attacked by black people majority of the time. Cops are even more likely to be killed by a black man than to kill a black man. Fuck BLM, No Lives Matter!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Except the Asians are actually being beaten up and murdered by black people on a regular basis.

White people ain't beating up on black people, actually white people are attacked by black people majority of the time. Cops are even more likely to be killed by a black man than to kill a black man. Fuck BLM, No Lives Matter!!

This is a perfect example of why we have problems in the USA regarding racism. . You can't defeat racism unit you want to defeat racism.

CaptainDankness

This is a perfect example of why we have problems in the USA regarding racism. . You can't defeat racism unit you want to defeat racism.

What racism? I literally only see black people attacking people over skin color. I personally don't have a problem with anyone based on race, some black people are cool, Asians are cool, Indians, don't think I ever met an Arab though. Morrocans are pretty cool, got shit faced with them. Lol
Sure racism exists, but it's pretty much only in the ghettos. At least nobody talks about it to me cause some people think I'm Mexican. I do tan real good, but my ass stays white. Lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What racism? I literally only see black people attacking people over skin color. I personally don't have a problem with anyone based on race, some black people are cool, Asians are cool, Indians, don't think I ever met an Arab though. Morrocans are pretty cool, got shit faced with them. Lol
Sure racism exists, but it's pretty much only in the ghettos. At least nobody talks about it to me cause some people think I'm Mexican. I do tan real good, but my ass stays white. Lol

Your posts speaks volumes what more needs to be said.

CaptainDankness

Your posts speaks volumes what more needs to be said.

I just don't see the racism, how do you think black people have it worse than Asian people?

Just because it's black people and not cops attacking and killing Asians based 100% on skin color alone??

​​​​​

​​​​

med4u

Veteran
White supremacy is the root of race-related violence in the United States

Published: April 8, 2021 • By Jennifer Ho

Amid the disturbing rise in attacks on Asian Americans since March 2020 is a troubling category of these assaults: Black people are also attacking Asian Americans.

White people are the main perpetrators of anti-Asian racism. But in February 2021, a Black person pushed an elderly Asian man to the ground in San Francisco; the man later died from his injuries. In another video, from New York City on March 29, 2021, a Black person pushes and beats an Asian American woman on the sidewalk in front of a doorway while onlookers observe the attack, then close their door on the woman without intervening or providing aid.

As the current president of the Association for Asian American Studies and as an ethnic studies and critical race studies professor who specializes in Asian American culture, I wanted to address the climate of anti-Asian racism I was seeing at the start of the pandemic. So in April 2020, I created a PowerPoint slide deck about anti-Asian racism that my employer, the University of Colorado Boulder, turned into a website. That led to approximately 50 interviews, workshops, talks and panel presentations that I’ve done on anti-Asian racism, specifically in the time of COVID-19.

The point I’ve made through all of those experiences is that anti-Asian racism has the same source as anti-Black racism: white supremacy. So when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

Those darn white supremacist blacks are at it again....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- The only white supremacists I know of - live in castles-palaces-mansions-synagogues-mosques and cathedrals - but they would have nothing to do with me - because I was born a lowly 'subject' of the monarchy - and am not one of 'The Chosen' - just one of the rabble that the supremacists Lord it over - or try to -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts