What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Lives Matter "protest" lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
more like a rapidly spinning black hole of self loathing...by the time something passes his event horizon he's already tearing it apart but he's spinning so rapidly he's forgotten before he finishes one rotation...

naw,you're right,he's just a frickin asshole!:biglaugh:

Space metaphor is good but considering the audience of trumpers there's nothing like impact of blunt. Like a 10# sledge.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
science is mostly created by witches after all...:witch2:

since they don't believe in evolution it will be especially ironic when darwinism gets them!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Gonna go with Ron White on this one.

[YOUTUBEIF]QDvQ77JP8nw[/YOUTUBEIF]

St. Phatty

more like a rapidly spinning black hole of self loathing...by the time something passes his event horizon he's already tearing it apart but he's spinning so rapidly he's forgotten before he finishes one rotation...

naw,you're right,he's just a frickin asshole!:biglaugh:

it's a little late to start now.

but Trump has generally not been held responsible for ANYTHING.

what if he was held accountable for his Negligence as president ?

something non-Partisan. Or, Getting sued by his Base.

he's not really a real person until he's been shaped by the world around him.

maybe if he had that normal experience that most Americans live with all their lives, he would be less of an asshole.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
takes too much energy to hate...i'm more on the bewildered side of things...i genuinely don't understand why anyone can support trump...i don't even hate trump...i pity him which is worse in some ways...

maybe stop deviding the world into those that hate trump and those that love trump.

people can point out crazy shit without being on 1 side or the other.

people can even agree with some things and disagree with others and actually take the good from any side and spit out the bad from any sides bs.

it's really worrying to see you Americans losing your empathy for each other and seeing the other side as enemies instead of just people that see things differently.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
This small Asian man stands up to BLM. What he says about American values will blow your mind.

*This little Asian fella looks to be a 'Trumper' - judging by his hat -

- But he does make sense - just reading the comments of the video kinda lays out the problem - and offers solutions -

- couple of comments from that vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdiiBcc1N8o

1st Quote: - ''Back in the 80's, my 76 year old Vietnamese grandfather came to the USA speaking zero English. He made time to go to the local Vietnamese centre to learn English. He eventually became fluent in English and travelled around California on numerous bus trips to enjoy his freedom which the communists had taken away when they took over. His family of children and grandchildren also took advantage of the opportunities the USA provides.

They all took extra time to learn English, learn American culture, assimilate into US culture while still retaining Viet culture, studied hard, and give back to America by being productive citizens (we have doctors, lawyers, welders, machinists in our family) AND providing two sons to serve in the US Army.

We had hardships, we initially needed government assistance which we are all grateful for, we got off it, got educated, and got employed...and we prospered.

Did we face racism? Yes. From whom? Assholes. We benefited from the goodness and kindness of others from all races and we faced racism from assholes of all colors.

The key factor is that Viet culture favors education, discipline (especially from youths), marriage & children born in wedlock (gay marriage is fine no worries there). Over time these things bring prosperity.

My worry are the generations born in the US growing up in this soft self-entitled time. This Age of the Victim. This is no way to advance yourself. You cannot move forward if you saddle your mind with victimhood thinking.''

2nd Quote: - ''Being a black man in America is not easy" pfftt...!! Seriously.. Being a Jew in the middle east is not easy, being a child in Syria is not easy, being a woman in an Arab country is not easy, being a black man in China is not easy, being born in north Korea is not easy. Being a minority in a third world country is not easy. YOU.! A black man who can say whatever he wants, if you work hard you can become whatever you want, and you say its not easy because you are a black free man living in one of the most prosperous country in the world?'' -

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
2nd Quote: - ''Being a black man in America is not easy" pfftt...!! Seriously.. Being a Jew in the middle east is not easy, being a child in Syria is not easy, being a woman in an Arab country is not easy, being a black man in China is not easy, being born in north Korea is not easy. Being a minority in a third world country is not easy. YOU.! A black man who can say whatever he wants, if you work hard you can become whatever you want, and you say its not easy because you are a black free man living in one of the most prosperous country in the world?'' -

this is so true.

what he says about victim culture is pure gold. how can you get anywhere in life if you are thinking of yourself as a visctim.

make your life about protecting the victimized, but mentally cataloging yourself as a victim is just a great road to failiure.

by allowing victimhood points based on race or sex we are causeing race and sex to matter. victim points should only be given to real victims based on their individual life experiences, not based on the color of skin or sexual organs etc.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
^^^ but going

"you think you have it bad? think of how bad . ... . demographic has it"

is not a valid argument against someone having it bad

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
^^^ but going

"you think you have it bad? think of how bad . ... . demographic has it"

is not a valid argument against someone having it bad

thats for sure, it aso doesn't mean people should stop trying to make things better. its just something to think about, many people have it much worse. i try to remind myself how good i have it when ever i get depressed. historically speaking these times are an aboration.

were we alive 250 years ago, things were much harder, more brutal and shorter lives for everyone. we had to shit in the woods, freeze in winter and boil in summer, while going hungry 50% of the time.

we were forced to work a full day starting at age 7, just to be able to afford bread and water 2 x a day.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- We all participated in the lottery of birth - had no choice as to what ethnicity or class we were born into - so we are what we are - and have to make the most of it - few of us were born into great wealth/privilege and hereditary titles - so we all know that the 'system' ain't exactly fair - for hardly anyone -

- Claiming victimhood constantly is not going to change the centuries old divisions of wealth and class - there are few places globally where an individual of whatever colour/sex or ethnicity can be upwardly mobile these days - I believe that it is still (just) possible in the West - that is why so many from the East and elsewhere want to move to the West - and leave their homes and families behind even - because they don't have the opportunities where they are coming from -

Community, hard work, integration and dedication to the receiving nation usually produces dividends for these people - no matter what colour they may be - There are many successful role models to prove this point -

this is so true.

what he says about victim culture is pure gold. how can you get anywhere in life if you are thinking of yourself as a visctim.

make your life about protecting the victimized, but mentally cataloging yourself as a victim is just a great road to failiure.

by allowing victimhood points based on race or sex we are causeing race and sex to matter. victim points should only be given to real victims based on their individual life experiences, not based on the color of skin or sexual organs etc.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
while i agree with the whole "a simple change in mindset can be all that someone needs to be successful", i don't think that's the whole picture.

for many of us we've been taught since childhood the whole "you can be whatever you wanna be when you grow up" and then we grew up and figured out that was bullshit.

i have one friend that has a job in his degree field - i.t.

not every place has the jobs, it took me years and prolly a dozen jobs before i landed on one that provided pretty much a living wage. i still live in a 1 bedroom that had a mouse shit problem when we moved in.

without the education, many people have no idea where to even begin. and when you grow up poor around other poor and uneducated people, it's easy to get pulled into the bad patterns, and hard to pull up out of it. we are largely products of our environments.

most of the people i know are working class, and it's almost like a badge of honor to show off how uneducated and regular joe ya are. there's no greater thing beyond the horizon for most of the people i work with.

amorphous rant?

over.

'Boogieman'

while i agree with the whole "a simple change in mindset can be all that someone needs to be successful", i don't think that's the whole picture.

for many of us we've been taught since childhood the whole "you can be whatever you wanna be when you grow up" and then we grew up and figured out that was bullshit.

i have one friend that has a job in his degree field - i.t.

not every place has the jobs, it took me years and prolly a dozen jobs before i landed on one that provided pretty much a living wage. i still live in a 1 bedroom that had a mouse shit problem when we moved in.

without the education, many people have no idea where to even begin. and when you grow up poor around other poor and uneducated people, it's easy to get pulled into the bad patterns, and hard to pull up out of it. we are largely products of our environments.

most of the people i know are working class, and it's almost like a badge of honor to show off how uneducated and regular joe ya are. there's no greater thing beyond the horizon for most of the people i work with.

amorphous rant?

over.

In many ways bigger cities cost of living is ridiculous.

shaggyballs

Veteran
maybe stop deviding the world into those that hate trump and those that love trump.

people can point out crazy shit without being on 1 side or the other.

people can even agree with some things and disagree with others and actually take the good from any side and spit out the bad from any sides bs.

it's really worrying to see you Americans losing your empathy for each other and seeing the other side as enemies instead of just people that see things differently.

Yea, that.:laughing:

shaggyballs

Veteran
This small Asian man stands up to BLM. What he says about American values will blow your mind.

- But he does make sense - just reading the comments of the video kinda lays out the problem - and offers solutions -

- couple of comments from that vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdiiBcc1N8o

1st Quote: - ''Back in the 80's, my 76 year old Vietnamese grandfather came to the USA speaking zero English. He made time to go to the local Vietnamese centre to learn English. He eventually became fluent in English and travelled around California on numerous bus trips to enjoy his freedom which the communists had taken away when they took over. His family of children and grandchildren also took advantage of the opportunities the USA provides.

They all took extra time to learn English, learn American culture, assimilate into US culture while still retaining Viet culture, studied hard, and give back to America by being productive citizens (we have doctors, lawyers, welders, machinists in our family) AND providing two sons to serve in the US Army.

We had hardships, we initially needed government assistance which we are all grateful for, we got off it, got educated, and got employed...and we prospered.

Did we face racism? Yes. From whom? Assholes. We benefited from the goodness and kindness of others from all races and we faced racism from assholes of all colors.

The key factor is that Viet culture favors education, discipline (especially from youths), marriage & children born in wedlock (gay marriage is fine no worries there). Over time these things bring prosperity.

My worry are the generations born in the US growing up in this soft self-entitled time. This Age of the Victim. This is no way to advance yourself. You cannot move forward if you saddle your mind with victimhood thinking.''

Did you notice the black guy is not even interested in the answer.
He is all about his message even if he does not have his facts straight.

I see this same action here with the nevertrumpoers.
They do not absorb any facts from your side of the argument.
But they insist you are wrong without a compelling argument as to why.

You are a shit starter if you try to debate the topic rationally.
Has this same thing not been show to be true here.

These never trumpers are a new breed of crazy that is for sure.

Thanks for the video, it was a good watch.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - I see a polarization of a magnitude not seen before - but maybe these are the machinations of a politics floundering for relevance and meaning - maybe some good will come out of it all? - but its hard to be optimistic when you see young people screaming in the face of their elders - and not making one iota of sense -

SJW GOES OFF At Old Black Man Trying To Protect The Emancipation Memorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_yVHWuupA

Did you notice the black guy is not even interested in the answer.
He is all about his message even if he does not have his facts straight.

I see this same action here with the nevertrumpoers.
They do not absorb any facts from your side of the argument.
But they insist you are wrong without a compelling argument as to why.

You are a shit starter if you try to debate the topic rationally.
Has this same thing not been show to be true here.

These never trumpers are a new breed of crazy that is for sure.

Thanks for the video, it was a good watch.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah - I see a polarization of a magnitude not seen before - but maybe these are the machinations of a politics floundering for relevance and meaning - maybe some good will come out of it all? - but its hard to be optimistic when you see young people screaming in the face of their elders - and not making one iota of sense -

SJW GOES OFF At Old Black Man Trying To Protect The Emancipation Memorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_yVHWuupA

An interesting factor illustrated right in these forums is the constant accusation of a lack of debate of the issues and presentation of facts, predominantly from those who are unable to articulate the supposed facts which they, themselves, believe they have addressed but in reality have done nothing of the kind.

It is certainly juicy Monty Python material. [albeit frightening on a grander scale]

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Too bad the original 'immigrants' to America did not heed this man's advice and take on their responsibility to assimilate to the existent society, languages and way of life. Instead they created the blood-bathed joke which we now live in.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
-
An interesting factor illustrated right in these forums is the constant accusation of a lack of debate of the issues and presentation of facts, predominantly from those who are unable to articulate the supposed facts which they, themselves, believe they have addressed but in reality have done nothing of the kind.

It is certainly juicy Monty Python material. [albeit frightening on a grander scale]

- Noticeable is a bias towards certain facts and statistics - if they do not fit the agenda of whatever side - then they will be discounted - even if gathered from what is considered to be a reputable source -

- It does get so seriously silly - when it should be seriously serious - and its hard not to see the humour/satire/irony and sheer ridiculousness of much of it - feeling powerless to make any real difference - all you can really do is laugh (or cry) - I know what I'd rather be doing -

Microbeman said:
Too bad the original 'immigrants' to America did not heed this man's advice and take on their responsibility to assimilate to the existent society, languages and way of life. Instead they created the blood-bathed joke which we now live in.

- For sure - a great shame and atrocity took place against the native people - when millions of Europeans decided to move to America - out of want, need or desperation - they brought with them an ages old system of class and privilege - that put the natives at or near the very bottom -

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-

- Noticeable is a bias towards certain facts and statistics - if they do not fit the agenda of whatever side - then they will be discounted - even if gathered from what is considered to be a reputable source -

- It does get so seriously silly - when it should be seriously serious - and its hard not to see the humour/satire/irony and sheer ridiculousness of much of it - feeling powerless to make any real difference - all you can really do is laugh (or cry) - I know what I'd rather be doing -

- For sure - a great shame and atrocity took place against the native people - when millions of Europeans decided to move to America - out of want, need or desperation - they brought with them an ages old system of class and privilege - that put the natives at or near the very bottom -

One of my native brothers said to me that the reason why Indians ended up on reservations is because they made such poor slaves. They refused to do the whites' labour.

'Boogieman'

I'm part Cherokee but I would definitely prefer to live the way I do now rather than live the way the Indians did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts