What's new

black lime

30years

check the aficianado website. it lists the vendors. i think the og 78 is sold out completely but the others remain in limited quantity.

Bo Hasset

I bit the bullet/drank the kook-aid/whatever.... sent Leo an e-mail through their web-site. Someone name Ele responded and told me that within the last week they had donated two boxes of the '78 LA to SPARC in SF, and that I could try there. Well, I checked, went, became mesmerized by the packaging and bought both boxes and the Black Lime.

One box is for all outdoor this summer and I'm going to play around with the few cuts I select from the first box, sprout the second box and see what happens this winter.

Bo Hasset

picture.php

So, like I said I'll probably do a whole (10) of the 78' LA OG Affie, and probably sprout (5) of the Black Lime Reserve. I hope to do an open-pollenation of the 78' LA amongst the 10 plants, but I'm trying to figure out the logistics of how to do that without pollinating my other females, or worse yet have some drift down the hill a bit and fuck someone else's grow up. I'm thinking I should start them inside, move outdoors for a month of veg and then flip the tarp on them for a light del.... thoughts on if the "greenhouse" might give me enough protection, so that everything else doesn't go totally to seed. Of course I might just do what I plan to anyway, whixh is take several clones of every seed and then let my favorite male and female have a little alone time in the indoor tent... I'm just going to hate to throw any of these out when I cull ones lacking in what I'm looking for... oh well, money in, money out.

And then I'm still playing mad scientist with most everything you see pictured here. Only a few of any of these haven't been popped as at least a tester for this year.

TGA
*Dairy Qeen
*Vortex
*Apollo-13 BX
*Space Dawg
*Pennywise
*Agent Orange (hoping to find a solid male from this for another project I've got going)
*Jillybean (picked up a few clones of Redwood Herbal's favorite phono to have a gauge)
*Quash
*Chernobyl

NorStar Genetics
*Vinter's Moonshine (Zinn x Purple Mayhem)
*Golden Child (Highland Oaxaca Gold x Chelumbian)
*Columbian Thunder Funk (ATF X Chelumbian)
*Jamaican OG X Chelumbian (FREE TESTERS haven't cracked any yet)
*Bubba Kush x Pure Afghani (FREE TESTERS)
*Old Gold x Deadhead OG (FREE TESTERS)
*Zinn x Chelumbian (FREE TESTER haven't cracked and probably won't until next winter)

Equilibrium all crosses are made w/ DC Male and had 20 instead of 12 beans
*Deep Diesel (Sour Diesel x Deep Chunk)
*Deep Mist (Purple Mist x Deep Chunk)
*Indigo Funky Balls (GDP x Deep Chunk)

Mr. Nice
*Shark Shock (aka Great White Shark aka Peace Maker)
*Nordle
*Critical Widow
*Ortega
*The Cure (unless I throw in a few with the Affie for their go in the light dep I wont do her until winter)

Misc.
*707 Headband x Jedi Kush (White Rabbit Seeds) I got a pack for free, but haven't cracked any yet just b/c along with my SD X DC, West Coast D.O.G. and Blue Dragon clones I feel like I have so many of these fuely sativas crossed with damn near Afghani's that I don't know if I'd give this the time it deserves this summer. We'll see.)
*Bio-Fuel (Sour Diesel x Afghani #1) got this for free. Just a tube of 11 seeds attached to a business card that says GMO-free POT SEEDS. I searched for both breeders of this seed and White Rabbit, but came up empty handed. Anyone know anything?

Anyway, that with a daily checklist of mothers and their clones to inspect helps to keep me out of trouble.

30years, I'll promise to share all my findings with the '78, and would even love to know a place whose THC% and CBD% test profiles you trust, if you'll do the same. I'm especially interested in the high CBD plant that has been isolated. It just seems there are so many fly by night places with no standards these days in the North State.

30years

hi bo,
i have the og 78 and the cdsr lines into mom form and i just cracked the black lime, cherry reserve and white cashmeres. i use pure analytics out of sonoma county for all my lab work. I've worked with them for years and i have the highest regards for their chief scientist samantha miller. no doctoring of the numbers, what you have is what you get.
I'm really interested in the high cbd og pheno i found in the og 78 pack. over 4% in cbd at 45 days veg, .5 % thc. i have a small collection of ogs but never a cbd dominant one. the abusive cut had a medium level of cbd but still had a high thc component. I'm really hoping the ratio stays cbd dominant with this one. we will see.
i pulled two males from the og 78 line too. one of them has the strongest og odor I've ever smelled in veg-unreal scent. i want to hit the l13 and the ghost with that pollen.
I've never run north star genes. tons of mr nices work though-mostly hazes.
best,
30y

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
30y
Your description of the black lime has me drooling.
Have you sampled the og78 and cdsr yet?

Aficionado sure has some fancy packaging are the beans super duper expensive?
I may have to cruise down to gville in the near future.

BM

30years

hey! been a minute...the plants are in flower so no, haven't got a true sample yet. i judged the cup where the cdsr took first place and it was a stunner. so far all the test progeny look beautiful.
the packaging is choice but you better hurry, not much left.

30years

you are both unreal. Great stock and lines. How did these turn out? Looking like cool beans this season.

the 78s and the cdsr came out beautiful. i did a free give away of a limited number of the 78s at my shop and I'm about ready to do the same with the cdsr. i didn't dep any thing else so ill have to wait until full terms over to see how the other lines turn out. i have a black lime girl that has the lime scent i so badly wanted. lets hope it holds it through flower.

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's awesome bro I hope the scent holds on the Black Lime girl.
I will probably go visit the 78 #10 girl at her foster home this weekend.

Stay safe
BM

relic1981

Veteran
everything Ive gotten from aficionado is fire. grabbed a pack of the black lime for a friend and was super impressed by the package. instead of some cheap plastic thing it had a glass vial sealed with wax so you know it wont be tampered with and comes in a super nice black box that is probably worth about 50 bucks itself. very professional. i was impressed.. they were a little pricey but worth it when your getting genetics like this. the chemdawg special reserve is fire. and the la affie strain they have is also straight fire. i have the cdsr cut from sohum and it will be with me for a long time. i really want cuts of the black lime and affie x. there are some folks in mendo who really know what they are doing! 30 years, do you know if GG has any of the aficionado cuts? if so what phenos are the keepers? did you find that they were pretty uniform? hope your doing well and keeping busy as usual.:)

I have the black lime, cdsr and cherry going. All beautiful outside. Can't wait too see how they flower, so far though I am very impressed with them. 30years I had to setup a new account but I came up to GG and we chatted for a bit when i grabbed the seeds. I would like to chat a bit further with you. Might give a call but once I get PM privileges we can chat there. relic I am on the coast in mendo if you want to chat sometime. I don't know if I got the black lime keeper but I have 6 girls and we will see what they do. I have one super limey male that hope to be interesting.

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi 30yrs I hope you are doing well.

Since that other thread went poof into cyberspace, I thought it would be OK to put these pic's of the 78 LA OG/affie #10 clone here. These went 63 days indoor at her foster home.
My buddy is impressed with her very dense medium size nugs that go all they way to the bottom making her a nice heavy plant with a nice hashy lemony smell. I cant wait for a smoke test in a couple of weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks bro

The CDSR #3 and 9 are coming along

Those L13 x affie 4 and 6 you gave me turned out really nice super short ZERO strech some pic's albums.

Last edited:
1st row cdsr 25gal
2nd and 3rd row cherry 45gal
4th and 5th row black lime 45gal

Attachments

• 20140807_140702.jpg
    20140807_140702.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 14
looks good, just turned off from the price of Aficionado's beans.. i was quoted $500 for a 10pack of seeds at the Aficionado booth during the 2014 LA HTCC. seeing as many people have Chemdawg lines, i wasnt so quick to get out the wallet.

a friend and i both have some Norstar packs and although i havnt popped them yet, he has. so far he loves them and im sure hoping to get some keepers. im real excited about the Chelumbian crosses Norstar offers. that Bubba Kush x Pure Afghani sounds right up my alley

30years

everything Ive gotten from aficionado is fire. grabbed a pack of the black lime for a friend and was super impressed by the package. instead of some cheap plastic thing it had a glass vial sealed with wax so you know it wont be tampered with and comes in a super nice black box that is probably worth about 50 bucks itself. very professional. i was impressed.. they were a little pricey but worth it when your getting genetics like this. the chemdawg special reserve is fire. and the la affie strain they have is also straight fire. i have the cdsr cut from sohum and it will be with me for a long time. i really want cuts of the black lime and affie x. there are some folks in mendo who really know what they are doing! 30 years, do you know if GG has any of the aficionado cuts? if so what phenos are the keepers? did you find that they were pretty uniform? hope your doing well and keeping busy as usual.:)

hi,
good to hear from you too. busy isn't the word. i sifted out some killers from the cdsr line. you welcome to anything i have. i found a male and female in the cherry private stock that stink like a margarita. unreal scent. ill work that into some of my shop stock this winter.
the og 78 line is just doing it in the dep and the full term. ill bring samples with me to the golden tarp award dep competition were throwing in september at the mateel so people can blaze some and see how it smokes in real life.

relic1981

Veteran
thanks bro, i really apreciate it. im looking forward to the golden tarp. should be fun! those affie pics above look pretty nice.

it is good to see all these new seed lines coming out, lots of work ahead, lol. i usually grow from cuts just because i know what im getting and the uniformity of them but ive been getting into cracking seeds lately. its addictive! sometimes we get stuck in our bubble, but you are right we are not alone up here but i will say nor cal kills it. cannabis acclimates so well here. there are many "sweet spots" accross the globe but there is just something about that california sun not to mention the generations of growers and the knowlegde they bring to the table. not saying this dosnt exist anywhere else.. we just have a high concentation of people working with cannabis. colorado seems to be doing great, washington, i hear, is a little behind CO... i hear they are having distribution issues. not enough legal growers there. or so i hear

30 years, i have a beautiful male pc from aficianado. super stocky, great growth structure and it reeks and is super resinous. im definatly gonna make more cp seeds and possibly use it in other projects. i also have 2 black lime males that seem promising as far as breeding.

unknown error

Hi 30yrs I hope you are doing well.

Since that other thread went poof into cyberspace, I thought it would be OK to put these pic's of the 78 LA OG/affie #10 clone here. These went 63 days indoor at her foster home.
My buddy is impressed with her very dense medium size nugs that go all they way to the bottom making her a nice heavy plant with a nice hashy lemony smell. I cant wait for a smoke test in a couple of weeks.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Thanks bro

The CDSR #3 and 9 are coming along

Those L13 x affie 4 and 6 you gave me turned out really nice super short ZERO strech some pic's albums.

She looks very nice! Thank you for sharing the pictures:biggrin:

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am glad you like the pic's, not too bad for quick snap shots.
I wish I had not forgotten my tripod, makes for clearer close up pic's.

Good to see some others posting up some pic's.... need more from these wonderful strains.

Stayfoolish those are looking great going to be a lovely fall harvest.

30yrs are the full term 78's on track for a mid Sept harvest?? I hope to find time to swing by the cup in Sept.

Stay safe
BM

Latest posts

Latest posts