What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

Cannavore

Veteran
categorize Biden as you will
but if he loses the election he will leave without trouble, not that I think he's running a 2nd time
can't be said for the previous guy

the previous guy being president is a result of the ideology of the current guy in office.

democrats enable the trumps of this country. through their dogshit actions and complete inactions, are emboldening this to continue.

when the supposed "party of the working class" hardly supports the working class, it creates a situation where the working class distrusts and leaves the democratic party in favor of the rhetoric and demagoguery and right wing populism (aka fascism aka not real populism) that you see from Trump type righties. in other words, when the average joe can't explain what's going on, the whole "communist takeover, CCP Joe" angle is very appealing.

this is basically the story of how fascist and populist authoritarian movements rise up no matter what country we're talking about here.

TLDR - right wing populism is a direct response to the failures of neoliberal anti union pro free trade austerity politics.

Cannavore

Veteran
just a reminder that the Democrats hand picked Kamala Harris to be VP after she failed to win a SINGLE delegate in the 2020 Primaries, and came in like 4th place in her own state. if Democrats think this person is going to be their 2024 frontrunner to take on some fascist trump wannabe, all i can do is laugh.

they stole the election twice from bernie literally just to not do any of the things he wanted to do and to lose to the GOP next time around because they don't want to be seen clutching absolute power while not wanting to do jack shit with it. i'm utterly convinced.

E3d1ZYZWQAQSJJE?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Lrus007

Veteran
lets see price of everything has gone up. a lot
some things there are bare shelfs.
this is the 2nd day mail has not been delivered.
seattle and portland are still on fire.
the southern border is wide open.

yet you all love your joe...
oh and minds_i is still sporting wood over election..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

yup,interrupt the global supply chain for a year then loosen all the restrictions people have been living under for a year and it's bound to happen...low supply+high demand=prices go up...

dejoy is still in charge,blame him for the mail

seattle and portland are full of douchy hipsters

i live in a border state...not to pigeon hole the migrants,but you know many of them pick the crops we all consume,one of the reasons prices have gone up for food,not enough cheap labor...

i dunno,i was expecting boring from joe,and that's what we got...

M

member 505892

just a reminder that the Democrats hand picked Kamala Harris to be VP after she failed to win a SINGLE delegate in the 2020 Primaries, and came in like 4th place in her own state. if Democrats think this person is going to be their 2024 frontrunner to take on some fascist trump wannabe, all i can do is laugh.

they stole the election twice from bernie literally just to not do any of the things he wanted to do and to lose to the GOP next time around because they don't want to be seen clutching absolute power while not wanting to do jack shit with it. i'm utterly convinced.

Don't you think Bernie would speak up if he felt cheated?
I don't really pay too much attention but if he felt like he was truly being treated wrongly he would say something.
Even if it was just backhanded compliments or whatever.
Does he ever say anything about his treatment publicly?

minds_I

Veteran

Hello all,

Oh, while my stiffy is impressive, it is not over biden. My interests are ah, piqued, by the legal shit coming at Mango the Malignant and his followers...you know..the insurrectionists. Home grown terrorists, ay?

And then there is this...

Trump DOJ seized data from House Democrats in leaks probe
https://apnews.com/article/government-and-politics-donald-trump-5b6f6bf0daf8bccf106a90d2ff5268 6c

Abuse of power, ay? Investigations, ay? Oh don't worry, I am sure that the Mad King will be reinstated by the time they get around to anything, right? August?.. Right?

Yeah, phuquing tRump bloody daily, ay? buahahahahahaha

Also, I can admit when I was wrong...it turns out that Lafayette square was not cleared with tear gas so that tRump could have a photo op..it turns out they cleared the square with tear gas so they can erect a climb proof fence...tRump just took the opportunity to march his chief of staff, his ag and other high level admin. officials to have a photo-op.

Well, that is a horse of a different color, ay. cough cough (bullshit) cough

minds_I

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guess Gov Abbott gave Kamala a reason to come down to the Texas border.........Hell Yeah Texas 🤠

Cannavore

Veteran
Don't you think Bernie would speak up if he felt cheated?
nope i wish he did but i guess he felt it would fracture the party

I don't really pay too much attention but if he felt like he was truly being treated wrongly he would say something.
not that im agreeing with bernie here but it seemed like he weighed his options as either speak up against the party which could splinter the party, or beat donald trump no matter who the dem nominee was. seems like he chose the latter and may have been rewarded with a cabinet position for doing so.

Even if it was just backhanded compliments or whatever.
Does he ever say anything about his treatment publicly?

nope he became more of a party insider this time around after the DNC took him seriously in 2016. as someone who watched nearly every speech this guy has given since he announced his first run, comparing the 2016 run and the 2020 run, you can tell the rhetoric was softened and more focused on the GOP rather than in 2016 when he was swinging at everyone.

Obama is on record calling the democratic candidates up the night before super tuesday to drop out and back biden. That has never happened before in the history of the US (according to public record of course). This action alone tipped the scales as it was also quite calculated (Bernie won the first two or three primaries, then the Obama call happened) -- Elizabeth Warren for example, was not told to drop out, even though she had no shot whatsoever at winning -- all because she was likely told to stay in the race so she can split up the "progressive" vote while the establishment Dems had a unified front under Biden.
Warren may have quite literally single handedly made Bernie lose multiple states -- offhand I don't remember which but Mass and Minn were two of them. Mass, Warren's home state, she came in 3rd or 4th in the primary lol she had no shot and to me there's no other reason for her to be staying in the race at that point other than to fuck with Bernie's chances. Just like an endorsement by her in 2016 may have greatly helped Bernie in 2016 vs Clinton and instead she chose to stay quiet.

Then you have the constant attacks from both sides, all of the media, and much of the institutions of this country. Then there's the Wikileaks stuff that's been proven. Then there's all the voter purging in voting districts that would have heavily favored Bernie Sanders (for example, and this wasnt just a local occurrence, this happened across the country - 200,000 Democratic voters in NYC were purged from the rolls - specifically large concentrations of these voters being Brooklyn Democrat voters who are overwhelmingly younger, a demographic in which Bernie basically owned as a candidate... you had voter locations closing down heavily across the country with cities and towns going from multiple polling locations down to just 1, and again, especially heavy in college towns and minority towns which Bernie does extremely well with... hillary clinton in 2016 winning every coin toss in the primary which seems statistically improbable, and a lot more weird shit that went down)

They fought him harder and more competently than they ever did to Trump or against Republicans and to me it's specifically because they don't want to do any of the policies that are overwhelmingly popular no matter what side you're on politically.

Amynamous

nope i wish he did but i guess he felt it would fracture the party

not that im agreeing with bernie here but it seemed like he weighed his options as either speak up against the party which could splinter the party, or beat donald trump no matter who the dem nominee was. seems like he chose the latter and may have been rewarded with a cabinet position for doing so.

nope he became more of a party insider this time around after the DNC took him seriously in 2016. as someone who watched nearly every speech this guy has given since he announced his first run, comparing the 2016 run and the 2020 run, you can tell the rhetoric was softened and more focused on the GOP rather than in 2016 when he was swinging at everyone.

Obama is on record calling the democratic candidates up the night before super tuesday to drop out and back biden. That has never happened before in the history of the US (according to public record of course). This action alone tipped the scales as it was also quite calculated (Bernie won the first two or three primaries, then the Obama call happened) -- Elizabeth Warren for example, was not told to drop out, even though she had no shot whatsoever at winning -- all because she was likely told to stay in the race so she can split up the "progressive" vote while the establishment Dems had a unified front under Biden.
Warren may have quite literally single handedly made Bernie lose multiple states -- offhand I don't remember which but Mass and Minn were two of them. Mass, Warren's home state, she came in 3rd or 4th in the primary lol she had no shot and to me there's no other reason for her to be staying in the race at that point other than to fuck with Bernie's chances. Just like an endorsement by her in 2016 may have greatly helped Bernie in 2016 vs Clinton and instead she chose to stay quiet.

Then you have the constant attacks from both sides, all of the media, and much of the institutions of this country. Then there's the Wikileaks stuff that's been proven. Then there's all the voter purging in voting districts that would have heavily favored Bernie Sanders (for example, and this wasnt just a local occurrence, this happened across the country - 200,000 Democratic voters in NYC were purged from the rolls - specifically large concentrations of these voters being Brooklyn Democrat voters who are overwhelmingly younger, a demographic in which Bernie basically owned as a candidate... you had voter locations closing down heavily across the country with cities and towns going from multiple polling locations down to just 1, and again, especially heavy in college towns and minority towns which Bernie does extremely well with... hillary clinton in 2016 winning every coin toss in the primary which seems statistically improbable, and a lot more weird shit that went down)

They fought him harder and more competently than they ever did to Trump or against Republicans and to me it's specifically because they don't want to do any of the policies that are overwhelmingly popular no matter what side you're on politically.

Fact #1: Bernie is NOT a democrat. If he actually cared about the democratic party, he would most likely be a member of the party.
Fact #2: Bernie comes across as an angry and bitter old man, and this was BEFORE he had something to be angry and bitter about(LOSER45’s trashing of the constitution and his destruction of the American dream). The American people want hope and change, not angry and bitter.
Fact #3: Bernie NEVER stood a chance in a general election.

Cannavore

Veteran
Fact #1: Bernie is NOT a democrat. If he actually cared about the democratic party, he would most likely be a member of the party.
Bernie not being a Democrat is a strength and why he is so liked and respected.

Only Democrats like the Democratic Party.

Fact #2: Bernie comes across as an angry and bitter old man, and this was BEFORE he had something to be angry and bitter about(LOSER45’s trashing of the constitution and his destruction of the American dream). The American people want hope and change, not angry and bitter.
vapid mainstream media talking point that doesnt mean a damn thing. Nor is it true. You're repeating media smears. Also even if he were "angry" what would that matter? He's the most correct person in terms of policy in the last two election cycles and you think a valid reason to not support him is he sounds angry? Cmon lol.

Fact #3: Bernie NEVER stood a chance in a general election.
Based on all available data in 2016 AND 2020, he did better in all head to heads against Trump than any other candidate. So again, not true.

audiohi

Veteran
Guess Gov Abbott gave Kamala a reason to come down to the Texas border.........Hell Yeah Texas 🤠

ERCOT Investigating Power Plant Breakdowns as Texas Faces Blackouts
https://www.newsweek.com/ercot-inves...ckouts-1600628

"Texas doesn't plan for cold weather" they said...

Apparently they didn't plan for heat either.

Maybe Gov Abbott should walk back that vow to do whatever it takes to build that border wall and fix the independent energy grid?

ted_cruz_california_tweets.jpeg?fit=scale&fm=pjpg&h=537&ixlib=php-3.3.0&w=1024&wpsize=large.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	ted_cruz_california_tweets.jpeg?fit=scale&fm=pjpg&h=537&ixlib=php-3.3.0&w=1024&wpsize=large.jpg Views:	2 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	17879610

St. Phatty

ERCOT Investigating Power Plant Breakdowns as Texas Faces Blackouts
https://www.newsweek.com/ercot-inves...ckouts-1600628

"Texas doesn't plan for cold weather" they said...

Apparently they didn't plan for heat either.

Arizona's utilities are about to be tested like never before.

A friend in Pakistan sent me a map showing their heat wave, possibly thinking they had the hottest temps on Earth, in India & Pakistan.

Looks like a 4 way race between Las Vegas, Arizona, and parts of Pakistan and India.

Phoenix got up to 116 F on Monday and is supposed to get hotter the rest of the week.

At night it only cools off down to about 90.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/phoenix/85003/june-weather/346935

igrowone

Veteran
one bad ass heatwave for the west
see the texas electrical grid is having a few issues
translate issues into people will die when they can't cool down their homes
can't bitch at Biden for the weather, or maybe some can?

St. Phatty

one bad ass heatwave for the west
see the texas electrical grid is having a few issues
translate issues into people will die when they can't cool down their homes
can't bitch at Biden for the weather, or maybe some can?

Jill can ask him to turn on the AC.

I wonder what temps the White House residence is kept at.

Latest posts

Latest posts