What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

Cannavore

Veteran
At the end of the day we forced democrats to vote for an old white dude. We have them wrapped around our fingers now. I hear Biden is blocking travel from other countries to help Americans, say it with me folks... blue MAGA!

Blocking travel because of a pandemic is good.

Blocking travel because you're racist is bad.

it's fairly simple to understand

'Boogieman'

Stopping travel from countries who citizens have a high probability of committing terrorism is not racist.

Of course I remember Biden and everyone here calling Trump a racist for stopping travel from China because (drum roll mother fucker) Corona virus lol.

I truly believe Democrats and the far left are completely brainwashed.

mowood3479

Veteran

These are value judgments
you can say in my opinion blocking travel because of a pandemic is good.
I could say blocking travel because of a pandemic is racist.
they’re both value judgments

it’s very naive to think ones personal value judgments should apply to the entire world

mowood3479

Veteran
how about some proof of the dog shooting? sounds fake.

Couldn’t find anything.
either I mis remembered, heard misinformation or it’s been sanitized from google.
so I’ll retract the dog shooting accusation
he def did send a hit squad with air support to Mozambique...I can verify that.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stopping travel from countries who citizens have a high probability of committing terrorism is not racist.

Of course I remember Biden and everyone here calling Trump a racist for stopping travel from China because (drum roll mother fucker) Corona virus lol.

Perhaps you can provide evidence that Biden stated that and NOT that Trump said he stated that. Who is brainwashed?

audiohi

Veteran
Couldn’t find anything.
either I mis remembered, heard misinformation or it’s been sanitized from google.
so I’ll retract the dog shooting accusation
he def did send a hit squad with air support to Mozambique...I can verify that.

Ok, I'd like to read that. Please do verify Biden sending a hit squad with air support to Mozambique.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember it like it was yesterday. Those who call everyone a racist is brainwashed to believe so.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...bmK8bb&ampcf=1

Even what you posted doubts that the context is relative. Like Gaius always says, refer only to what one actually says, not someone else's interpretation or what you imagine was said.

edit; I do agree that all the racist talk is unproductive. I just think accuracy is important.

'Boogieman'

Even what you posted doubts that the context is relative. Like Gaius always says, refer only to what one actually says, not someone else's interpretation or what you imagine was said.

I remember Trump announcing the travel ban then not long after that Biden was on TV calling him a xenophobe. You don't need the news to spin it for you bro, 2+2=4 It's pretty obvious what he ment.

Cannavore

Veteran
So it's not xenophobic to arbitrarily ban travel from "muslim" countries because you think they're gonna come here and blow you up? lol. interesting.

also xenophobia =/= racism

Cannavore

Veteran
citation needed

"Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration expert at the libertarian Cato Institute, has arrived at a striking finding: Nationals of the seven countries singled out by Trump have killed zero people in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and 2015.

Zero.

Six Iranians, six Sudanese, two Somalis, two Iraqis, and one Yemeni have been convicted of attempting or executing terrorist attacks on U.S. soil during that time period, according to Nowrasteh’s research. (Nowrasteh focused on plots against the U.S. homeland, which presumably Trump cares most about, rather than other terrorism-related offenses, like supporting a foreign terrorist group or trying to join a jihadist organization overseas.) Zero Libyans and zero Syrians have been convicted of doing the same. “Foreign-born terrorism is a hazard,” Nowrasteh argues, “but it is manageable given the huge economic benefits of immigration and the small costs of terrorism.”

As for refugees, Nowrasteh writes, Trump’s action “is a response to a phantom menace.” Over the last four decades, 20 out of 3.25 million refugees welcomed to the United States have been convicted of attempting or committing terrorism on U.S. soil, and only three Americans have been killed in attacks committed by refugees—all by Cuban refugees in the 1970s.

Zero Americans have been killed by Syrian refugees in a terrorist attack in the United States.

Between 1975 and 2015, the “annual chance of being murdered by somebody other than a foreign-born terrorist was 252.9 times greater than the chance of dying in a terrorist attack committed by a foreign-born terrorist,” according to Nowrasteh."

yeah i definitely didn't.

aren't you the guy who proudly refuses to research anything and just repeats Tucker Carlson-esque talking points?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember Trump announcing the travel ban then not long after that Biden was on TV calling him a xenophobe. You don't need the news to spin it for you bro, 2+2=4 It's pretty obvious what he ment.

some apparently do need the news to spin it for them.

'Boogieman'

citation needed

"Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration expert at the libertarian Cato Institute, has arrived at a striking finding: Nationals of the seven countries singled out by Trump have killed zero people in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and 2015.

Zero.

Six Iranians, six Sudanese, two Somalis, two Iraqis, and one Yemeni have been convicted of attempting or executing terrorist attacks on U.S. soil during that time period, according to Nowrasteh’s research. (Nowrasteh focused on plots against the U.S. homeland, which presumably Trump cares most about, rather than other terrorism-related offenses, like supporting a foreign terrorist group or trying to join a jihadist organization overseas.) Zero Libyans and zero Syrians have been convicted of doing the same. “Foreign-born terrorism is a hazard,” Nowrasteh argues, “but it is manageable given the huge economic benefits of immigration and the small costs of terrorism.”

As for refugees, Nowrasteh writes, Trump’s action “is a response to a phantom menace.” Over the last four decades, 20 out of 3.25 million refugees welcomed to the United States have been convicted of attempting or committing terrorism on U.S. soil, and only three Americans have been killed in attacks committed by refugees—all by Cuban refugees in the 1970s.

Zero Americans have been killed by Syrian refugees in a terrorist attack in the United States.

Between 1975 and 2015, the “annual chance of being murdered by somebody other than a foreign-born terrorist was 252.9 times greater than the chance of dying in a terrorist attack committed by a foreign-born terrorist,” according to Nowrasteh."

yeah i definitely didn't.

aren't you the guy who proudly refuses to research anything and just repeats Tucker Carlson-esque talking points?

Fact is terrorist groups were very active in those countries at the time and Europe had a spike in terrorism after letting in refugees. Isis had many followers from many different middle eastern countries so it makes more sense to ban countries where they are most active.

I haven't watched much news lately, so your Tucker point falls flat.

mowood3479

Veteran
Ok, I'd like to read that. Please do verify Biden sending a hit squad with air support to Mozambique.

Google: us troops Mozambique
there is a New York Times article about it from april 15 th (among many)
or you can find an article about it at antiwar.com