What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BigGreens perpetual UnderCurrents

BigGreen

Veteran
I nuked the shit out of them and they were gnats but I used the strong shit anyways. Ill give an update tomorrow on it. After an hour of the stuff being in the rez all the fuckers in the buckets were already dead.
BG

stussy22

what did you nuke them with?

nuke-it-from-orbit.jpg

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Great thread. This is a question for all UC/RDWC users. Tap or RO? I've been getting a lot of different responses. For the tap users please tell me how to control the salt build ups and if there's other products out there for this. If everyone is using RO and that's what ill have to do but if not how do u use tap. I don't have $200 for a RO. Thanks a lot. PS. Today I'm going to pick up two 1/15hp chillers for $25 each. Thank you craigslist. They were used for a school to raise salmon. Score for me. Lol

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Got more control of what goes into your plants with R/O IMO.and look around cuz I found my 75gpd R/O/DI for $130abundant flow water systems inc. Afwfilters.com works tits and they send you a filter change reminder with a workorder ready to send in

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Got more control of what goes into your plants with R/O IMO.and look around cuz I found my 75gpd R/O/DI for $130abundant flow water systems inc. Afwfilters.com works tits and they send you a filter change reminder with a workorder ready to send in

Thanks green good to know. Taxes are coming soon. Wasn't it u who had a kid last year? Me too. That's $3000 right there. Ill have one sooner or later it looks like. That's cool about the filters too.

BigGreen

Veteran
I nuked em with bayer insect killer the shit foamed up thru the rocks in the netpots looks like I killed anything and everything thats was in there. I also put out a shit load of sticky traps as well all different ones.
Green if your tap is 200 ppm or below your good to go. I did however switch back to ro just for flushing purposes. I already had the thing tho if I didnt have it I would be still using tap and for the salts you really dont get to much build up as long as your taps 200 or below.
No problem stussy

I get an update tomorrow
Im really thinking of switching back to floranova a run to see if theres any difference in bud size. Im 30 days into bloom and from pics I looked at from later grows the buds aint even close to size they were before at 30 days. I dont know we'll see what they look like at the end.
BG

BigGreen

Veteran
Well since I aint ever happy I think Im gonna try either H&G or Canna nutes on the Sb & WR once they go into bloom
I decided to say fuck sterile and go back to bacteria. I flushed the systems and added aqaushield and today I added h&g roots excelrator to the veg room. I also picked up bud ignitor, bigbud and over drive Im done fucking around Im going with whats tried and true
NO more skimpy buds
BG

stussy22

Good to hear you're going back to what you know and works. Running the same adds in bloom but going to try out Pro Bloom by Agricultural Organics. Guys at the shop all run it and recommended it.

How do you run roots excel? all the way to the 3rd week in bloom? Also how much do you add to UC per gal?

BigGreen

Veteran
Ok Im all better now I was a little pissed lately with the grow but its all good.
Im not going to run the zone anymore but Im still gonna use the DM gold with AN boosters at low ppms.
I flushed the veg rig and added aquashield and roots excelarator yesterday and in one day the root ball has almost doubled this shit works and it works fast. Im planning on putting the 8 veggers in bloom Friday

Heres a little update
Flushed and replaced the nutes DM gold along with bigbud
Frostitute day 33 12/12

Still gonna get me some donkeys after all

The veg room is up next
BG

BigGreen

Veteran
Heres the veg room

The SB

The WR

The will be in the veg room Friday at noon getting hit with the 2k
Enjoy
BG

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
hell yeah man your doing it nice..base nutrients with big bud and some carboload is all you need.roots excelurator kicks ass eh hahaha! nice bro,

BigGreen

Veteran
Right on DG that stuffs the shit I wont ever grow without it again. I did how ever forget the carboload Im gonna have to make a trip to the store. Do you only use it in bloom?

Green thats the stuff, that shits a miracle in a bottle by far the best thing for roots I have ever seen so far

Thanks stussy Im really pumped to get these things bloomin Im hoping there going in tomorrow

BG

Last edited:

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
carboload liquid a few drops only,goes a long way in veg makes the microbes reproduce faster as they eat it and bloom at half strength first 2 weeks then use it full strength after 2nd week
edit:
i guess not full strength i have 96 gallon res and dont go over 300 ml
full strength is 460 ml
i recommand 3 ml per us gallon

Last edited:

BigGreen

Veteran
Im gonna try it out
Im also thinking of grabbing a pack of them rez chemdog IBL anybody wanna see some of that shits in a UC
BG

highonmt

Veteran
Im gonna try it out
Im also thinking of grabbing a pack of them rez chemdog IBL anybody wanna see some of that shits in a UC
BG

Sh*t Yes we do.. bring on the chemdog. Those little root aphid sons a' bitches will really screw your girls up bigtime and they are a bitch to totally kill. Don't stop with the bayer I'd keep up with spectacide in flower and veg and bayer fruit and veggie in veg. Both these products are almost ph neutral and work well in hydro. The bayer complete is WAY acidic and requires a full flush in hydro. I've been working my ass off getting rid of RA in two warehouses and they are tough! finally after 3 months of constant treatment, bayer f&v, spectracide, and fogger bombs we finally don't see them any more. I notice you have the claw like leaves in the lower foliage which is typical of the worst part about these devils...the fungus they infect the plants with. I've spent weeks reading up on old hemp disease literature and as far as I can gather the post RA syndrome is probably hemp brown spot or a very similar fungal pathogen. Aphids in general are know for infecting the host plant with fungi so it makes sense.
It starts about the 3rd week of flower with the claw-like leaves on the mid and lower bud sights which then progresses to interveinal chlorosis on fan leaves and finally odd shaped brown papery "spots" on the leaf margins and leaf viens all this adds up to diffuse buds and lower yields. In the more sensitive strains we see death(brown crispy and dead) of the "pop corn" buds which progressivly moves up the plant and even total death in some strains like grapefruit diesel, for instance. we are adding asprin and silica right now to improve the immune system of the girls and some strains have no signs of the disease anymore others still struggle with it. Not trying to ruin your day with this but if you really had RA most likely your troubles ain't totally over although some strains will not show much sign of the fungus I think they all are infected with it. Our yeilds went from stellar to sh*tty in a matter of months and are now back up but it took some serious time and money to get there.
Good luck
HM