What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

biggest outdoor autoflower grow!!! auto-BiggySmalls

A huge tree fell bring with it a couple other trees straight into the middle of our patch crushing our plants. The damage could have been alot worse we lost a bunch of large plants and the tub got hit with branches and another little garden was hit with branches , the garden we direct ground planted in was crushed taking out about 15% of the plants:mad:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Bob_J

those plants in the ground are taking a beating. cows, now a tree falls on them.
theres always something.

Fuzzball

Mr Murphy must have been a grower (-anything that can go wrong will go wrong)sorry to see the damage but glad its not completely devistating looking forward to seeing this outdoor autogrow completed(like you are im sure). I have seen damage by vermin like slugs,mice ,rats, rabbits ,cows ,bears& the worst vermin of all cops & thieves. I too have had a tree fall in my patch, flating plants in holes ,breaking braches & tops. the plants recovered growing around the tree. another potential pitfall is wildfire. iv lost 2 crops to fire. 1 fire was started by someone smoking fish down by the river in august ,the other was by lighting-lets hope the worst is over for you now--

This was a seperate spot then the cows but yes its rediculious how many problems you have to deal with in a single season, we havnt had to worry about fires yet but we know the possibility of road closure due to fire is a possibility. we pretty much hope for the best and if theres a road closure well hike in if at all possible. And to answer a way previous Q for Bob J we transplanted the seedlings into beds at most a foot apart most likely there about 8-10 inches apart then the patch will get thinned when we cut out all the males. anyways im off to the Bush ill try to get some pics up tonight.

Has anyone tried Massive bloom stimulator? Its supposed to help give plants a head start on flowering as well as increase flower size and make the plants healthy. We got a 1L were going to try today. Ohhh and Bob J we gave 3 Bags the heavy harvest to try it out this year and see the difference compared to everything else were doing with is entirly all organic, soo we are boosting the amount of bat guano were putting in our compost tea and i believe were going to be giving them alot more flower power and Molasses ontop of the organic pureblend we mix in while watering.

Fuzzball

yea i forgot about the road closures they tried to impose on us a few years ago, i like to go to my spots early in the morn- like leave at 0330 0400 & get there as its just getting light, work for the morning till about 1100 or 1200 then come out ,they cant block every road & our road had a rope with a sign across we just moved, i liked early cause the small town i lived in the cops went of duty at about 0300, i also hung a high vis vest on my seat to make it look like i was working in the bush- timber cruising ,beattle probe survey if i had to bullshit my way out ,but mostly if i met someone driving on the road i never stopped to talk with them ,just passed them carefully and then kept driving- works just about every time even with foresty crews or workers-watch out for consevation officers though-they are as bad as cops,but hopefully you will be harvested long before they start creeping around the bush this fall--

HAHA yaa 50 posts seemed to take forever. I got a couple new pics from yesterday everything is looking good we just gave them all a good feeding in hopes to see a big difference soon! We did not expect our cross to take on so many of the EWS traits.. Hopfully everything will kick into flowering really soon!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fuzzball

Sweet spot-- i know you said this before but?when did you start the EWS -X? they do look fantastic ,nice and heathy, still got about 2.5 months of good weather? if they start soon you should be ok, i know it sucks having plants that dontt finish

Fuzzball

i briefully reread some earlyer posts & are wondering? do you have pure EWS growing outside right know? & how did it do for you in previos years??

We do have pure EWS that we started oudoors i believe mid april really low that we then brought out to a spot in may and transplanted and they are now flowering, in previous season we had some EWS finish 3rd week into august - mid sept that were started i believe at start of may, all the EWS and a large portion of our cross are larger then the EWS were that previous season which was not expected at all! for the planting of our cross the largest plants scattered in bags that are already flowering were started late april indoors and brought outdoors i believe around the 3rd week of may and all the plants of ours in the ground in beds in most pics were started outdoors in the 1st and 2nd weeks of may. some others were direct ground planted at the start of june and are doing quite well besides a tree falling on them. We have a auto ak that we have already polinated with a male ak and i believe a male of our cross and it as lots of seeds in it, we harvested a male of our cross this week and are going to be choosing more females of our cross to polinate shortly.

Fuzzball

what were the yeilds of EWS? may till late aug ,early sept sounds like almost a full season, may til sept is what im looking for im sure the EW will do close to the same. i got 8oz from 1 plant at 1000 ft in lilllooet ,that was practicaly in my back yard .my gurrila patches with the EW, did about 4oz a plant at 3300 feet

Fuzzball

anybody have problems with grasshoppers, one year the came thru my patch like locust,took a bite out off every leaf in the patch,pretty holy patch after they leftthey were there for about 10 days before they moved on. they showed up about mid veg ,so the plants just grew out of it

I believe we got on average 2 oz per EWS but they wernt even close to how big our plants are this year so were expecting some to yeild 3 oz or more? who knows.. they are not the quickest for an autoflower strain but the EWS is pretty stable were crossing back our strain with its self again hoping to make it a bit earlier for next season. The EW is a must for next summer! I cant wait to work with that strain and see what we can make, what have you crossed your EW with? We have had catipillars eat holes in our leaves but we sprayed the plants lightly with scoot so i think the catipillars didnt find them to tasty.

Fuzzball

I have made my own early flowering/autoflwr? strain ( not sure if its tru auto-havent flowered it indoors under 24hrs) but for sure its early .i have 2 kinds besides EW .these are strains i have been playing for a few years now. i found an awsome strain a few years ago & very similar to EW with the early flower potential but more on the sativa side. I am going to breed it into its self again & i am going to breed the EWinto is self keeping it pure for now. have 3 EW males to chose from . 1 of my EW i started invery early april and is about 3 to 4 weeks from finishing,but i may hit it again with pollen just to get a shitload of EW seed, it smells very sweet/soft /greencreamy atfirst with subtle skunk undertones. i just transplanted my own strains on thursday & will be giving them i bit more attewntion then i have been lately

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I believe we got on average 2 oz per EWS but they wernt even close to how big our plants are this year so were expecting some to yeild 3 oz or more? who knows.. they are not the quickest for an autoflower strain but the EWS is pretty stable were crossing back our strain with its self again hoping to make it a bit earlier for next season. The EW is a must for next summer! I cant wait to work with that strain and see what we can make, what have you crossed your EW with? We have had catipillars eat holes in our leaves but we sprayed the plants lightly with scoot so i think the catipillars didnt find them to tasty.

U have a really really nice garden.:yoinks:

Thank you everyone for the comments!! Were heading out to both spots tonight so i will have some updated pics tomorrow, We have been feeding them with our own compost tea since late may and now are giving them more Pure Blend Pro(all organic) and we are going to add a whole lot more Guano in our compost tea, All but 4 bags are entirely organic. the 4 bags is Heavy harvest fall blend which were trying out to see how it does.