What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

biggest outdoor autoflower grow!!! auto-BiggySmalls

Fuzzball

good qestions bob , iv never used pumps before always gravity feed ,but i now live in the flat lands so i am intersted in finding out abouts pumps .i have heard that RV pumps work well,12v DC ,so you can either bring a freshly recharged battery in ,or get a solar recharger from crappy tire ,A plus is that they are silent & they range in size like a 7gph
Biggie,no restictions on light or size of plants, so i can grow trees. i have 4 1000w hps +2 600w hps & about 23 400w hps although i will use 4 to 6 of those. i got critical mass on order ( suposedly the largest yielder),so i am hoping to grow trees . i got my licence because with the outdoor if ther is a screw up , (you guys know this i think) its a long time between crops. although i will always love growing out doors there is nothing like having your office out in the woods

Just got back from the bush, Everything is looking very good! I forgot to charge the camera but i got a couple pics before it died..

Attachments

• biggy smalls bud 227.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 227.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 24
  • biggy smalls bud 228.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 228.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 23
  • biggy smalls bud 225.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 225.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 24
  • biggy smalls bud 232.jpg
    biggy smalls bud 232.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 25

DIRT DIGGLER

We brought in 4 bails of peat 4 bricks of coco and tons of compost to one spot and theres about 5 bails of peat at another spot that were using from years ago.. everything in pots or bags is at least half ground and the other half either coco or peat and compost and we put compost and peat in all the beds.

Thanks for the info.

meangene

i'm biggys grow partner just in case anyone is wondering why i'm answering the questions. The farthest we pump is about 3/4 of a kilometer. the first half of our hose lay is fairly flat with a small hill to climb and a big hill to drop down, so we have very good flow. we use cheap garden hose from wal-mart and it can fill a 55 gallon drum in about 30 -45 min. The snake in the pics is a rubber boa - basically a mini boa constrictor. And we have bull snakes out here too, along with red and blue racers, garder snakes and rattlers.

meangene

We brought in 4 bails of peat 4 bricks of coco and tons of compost to one spot and theres about 5 bails of peat at another spot that were using from years ago.. everything in pots or bags is at least half ground and the other half either coco or peat and compost and we put compost and peat in all the beds.

its actually 5 bails of peat, 4 bricks of coco and 2 cubic yards of compost. my old spot has about 12 bails of peat and 6 bricks of coco. no compost.

meangene

nice meangene, sounds like a good little pump.
It does what we need it to do, i can't pump up a mountain side yet but soon! an old grower friend of mine bought the pump a few years ago but couldn't get it to run properly so i tinkered with it this winter and got er going. its a bur cam if anyone is wondering.

antimatter

Veteran
everything is looking good so far. Im doing similar grow with autos this year but with bill c-15 and Mandatory minimums im gonna scrap the early flowering strains and go for trees again next year, Ive gotten a bit annoyed by how high the #'s gotta go just to equal 1 regular plant. Does it bother you at all thinking about it?

Fuzzball

3/4 of a k sounds like a nice strech/ its good to pull your water well away from water sorces. in my old areas people used to walk creeks looking for patches so we would bury our line from the creeek to the patch + it helped with the bears chewing line

thewarrior

Late Grow Started of BiggySmalls Bud!

80 - 100 seeds planted in 6 beds as of today, June 19th. Elevation @ 1158 M.

Pretty stoked to see if this strain can take it!

meangene

i've never had a bear chew my line before but they sure like the organic soil that my plants are growing in. we lost about 10 plants this year from bears flipping over our bags and buckets. we unhook all our hose and haul it deep in the bush each time we're finished with it.
Antimatter - the pound plants that everyone else grows around here don't finish at higher elevations and higher latitudes. i've tried countless strains up high and besides the ews and a really quick sweet god pheno nothing else has worked. i've been gifted a couple clones of a teacup cross and a shiva skunk from the kootenays that i've been told work but i'm putting no faith in it. the teacup cross is suppost to yield a half to a pound per plant and finishes by mid sept. the shiva skunk is suppost to get up to a half pound per plant and finishes around the same time. we'll post picks when we can.

Last edited:
i hate to interrupt but it seems alot of people following this thread has some experience with EWS...

I have 3 going right now indoors un a 4' high space and they are 1 month old and just showing first set of pistils... do you guys think i should flip them to 12/12 since they are like 10'' high right now? do plants really triple in size when flowering?

i want to maintain a high yield but do not want to wait months for it, lol, thanks

antimatter

Veteran
i've never had a bear chew my line before but they sure like the organic soil that my plants are growing in. we lost about 10 plants this year from bears flipping over our bags and buckets. we unhook all our hose and haul it deep in the bush each time we're finished with it.
Antimatter - the pound plants that everyone else grows around here don't finish at higher elevations and higher latitudes. i've tried countless strains up high and besides the ews and a really quick sweet god pheno nothing else has worked. i've been gifted a couple clones of a teacup cross and a shiva skunk from the kootenays that i've been told work but i'm putting no faith in it. the teacup cross is suppost to yield a half to a pound per plant and finishes by mid sept. the shiva skunk is suppost to get up to a half pound per plant and finishes around the same time. we'll post picks when we can.

High elevations are definitely a killer, I find afs to be way to sensitive to cold weather and get stunted or stuck in veg until it warms up, not to mention they are absolute sunlight hogs if they don't get it they just don't grow. I wish I could get everything set up early enough so I could finish before august but so far earliest I got for harvest this year is mid august/early September, If I was running regular stuff Id do much better for yield with a sept 20-30th finish, and plant #'s would be 4-5x less. They are stealthy though, would be good for a more urban area not so much for mountains.

Bob_J

you guys ever try time release ferts on em? since they are so small would it burn them to use at regular dose? or does it release equally....like PPM stays the same. as it breaks down. IMO not alot of facts on time release ferts... 10-20-20?

Fuzzball

Closet grow -yes some plants can triple in size during the flowering stage
meangene- yup had that experince with the bear digging up holes of flipping over bags & buckets , i have use chicken shit for years & the bears love it ,sometimes i till in my fertilizer 2 to 3 weeks before i plant so the bears can have a good sniff. one time we had a pile of Chicen sht in bags at the patch ,we went to the creek to hook up the water ,gone 20 min ,get back to find the bear sitting on the pile/the dog chased it off--for real problem bears we smear a can of bear spray with bacon grease or something like & tie the can to the water line, how about Rats & rabbits any problems there?

i hate to interrupt but it seems alot of people following this thread has some experience with EWS...

I have 3 going right now indoors un a 4' high space and they are 1 month old and just showing first set of pistils... do you guys think i should flip them to 12/12 since they are like 10'' high right now? do plants really triple in size when flowering?

i want to maintain a high yield but do not want to wait months for it, lol, thanks

I would suggest to keep them around 18/6 they will still flower and you would probibly get a larger yeild, indoors ours were 3-4.5 feet tall in 3-5 gallon containers i believe.

Closet grow -yes some plants can triple in size during the flowering stage
meangene- yup had that experince with the bear digging up holes of flipping over bags & buckets , i have use chicken shit for years & the bears love it ,sometimes i till in my fertilizer 2 to 3 weeks before i plant so the bears can have a good sniff. one time we had a pile of Chicen sht in bags at the patch ,we went to the creek to hook up the water ,gone 20 min ,get back to find the bear sitting on the pile/the dog chased it off--for real problem bears we smear a can of bear spray with bacon grease or something like & tie the can to the water line, how about Rats & rabbits any problems there?

We havnt seen any rabbits but we have seen some mice running around our bags, we spray with Scoot so anyhting that chomps on any vegitation around our plots will hopefully regret it and look for a meal somewhere else

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Im gunna pull up a chair for this one.:woohoo:

You do that! This thread is the shizzz..Im all inspired now. I want to go guerilla next summer so bad now. I always wanted to do an autoflower to bubblehash crop. Many plants like you have there and straight into the bags. I can't wait to see them budding..