What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Sur Holy

bunkerman

this is my medicine buddha big sur holy bud pheno(..bodhi is a genius..):tiphat:
medbuddhacup2.jpg

medbuddhabigsur.jpg

Chomba64

Veteran
Very nice bunkerman. Yes Bodhi knows. I was so impressed when I found this out...1st place outdoor...Peace on.

Seismic

nice bro,have a grip of Bodhis BSHW goin myself right now, have 2 males and think 5 females in a GH. was told they were more indica side of the line, but have a stretchy male and female in the mix. gonna make seed with all of um, and then work the seed off the best females.

think i need to hit him up for some of the sativa side as well

CBF

Very cool, so far I am extremely impressed with the Pheno#1. I am sure you will something in there to your liking:)

The seed work sounds great though...will need to talk more about it.

-------------------

Well, here a couple shots of Pheno #3. Much leafier, with a kitchen spice/moldy bread smell, and a spicy taste. High is much more on the sat side, with a slight edginess to it. Yield was also smaller, around 3 ounces for the 2gal pot. I definitely prefer pheno #1 over this gal in all aspects, but still glad I could try it.

More shots to come.:tiphat:

Edit: Looking good bunkerman, I would love to be able to run the bshw outdoors someday.

JOJO420

Veteran
Aloha everyone, just found this thread. I love the Big Sur Holyweed also, what a great strain.

Someone has selected for the purple phenos...
That someone would be me Chomba, you know that :) We worked that line in Santa Cruz for many many yrs ...I select for the purple phenos, my partner liked the greener phenos. go figure..

I am going to breed the purple pheno seperate and the green pheno also seperate. I also have a very very short squat pheno I have isolated. I have had very dark green leaves and also lime green leaves on different plants..
You have this in the bag buddy. Stick with the purple phenos, you will love em. But dont give up on that green pheno, some real gems in that line.

I have found that the BSHW that Chomba and I have most resemble the pics that MummyCat posted, I get a lot of plants that look just like his. The pics I see from Bhodi look like the green pheno .
I am really excited to see so much interest in such a fine Heirloom strain

M

MummyCat

Thanks to all for posting, I'll post some more pics soon. I'm going to put my seed run into flower as soon as the last one shows sex. :)

M

MummyCat

Hi all, hope you're doing well :)

Here are some pics of a couple females today, they're in 1 gallon smart pots

BigSur1.jpg

BigSur2.jpg

BigSur3-1.jpg

215 User

Big nuggs are impressive!

Good to see folks working with some time proven genetics.They seem to get big so it's hard to go wrong. Some smoke reports would really help out because I've read different qualities about strain.

M

MummyCat

My plants aren't really commercial type producers at all, I get average to smaller than average sativa type buds. The smoke is very harsh until cured 6+ months. Very different smell, kind of an oily metallic shop smell or something, I love it

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
here's my bodhi BSHB female .......tumbleweed in growth......no purple on this gal at this time, but of the four I got up and goin' one did show some streaking violet color.....was less vigorous and a male......did keep one male of same physical growth pattern as this female, but had more of an orangish terminal shoot coloration....

ganj on.......

Last edited:

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
thanks seismic....organic native soils with few amendments.....never force feed......and of course full sun........

ganj on......

bushweed

Veteran
Great thread MummyCat, good to see someone growing an old Mexican line and one of the first ever sat/indica hybrids. Nice leaf structure on those girls. I believe bobthegrower stated that from his research the BSHW contained Colombian aswell as purple Zacatecas/Afghani. Whatever the case it's nice to read of someone enjoying a badass old strain...

M

MummyCat

Great thread MummyCat, good to see someone growing an old Mexican line and one of the first ever sat/indica hybrids. Nice leaf structure on those girls. I believe bobthegrower stated that from his research the BSHW contained Colombian aswell as purple Zacatecas/Afghani. Whatever the case it's nice to read of someone enjoying a badass old strain...

Bushweed - I'v been watching your giant trees here since before I was a member :biggrin: much respect to your gardens and thank you for posting :tiphat:

I put them into flower today, cant wait to have a fresh batch of seeds!

Chomba64

Veteran
Seem like the green stem pheno has closer internodes that the purple stems I have grown. Last year I had a green stem that was very lime green and pink pistles with a very sweet smell... strong... Peace Keep an eye out for that special elusive male.