What's new

Big Devil#1 Help!

Hey guys, I know this is a little off topic. I am new to this forum, and had a question for the sweet seeds gurus, but see no other way to contact them.

I am growing 2 Big Devils right now. They are looking beautiful, but it is now day 36, and although they have been showing pre-flower signs since day 18, they refuse to flower, and continue to veg.

I have them on 18-6 light schedule and feeding with aquaflakes.

My problem is that the girl on the left is now already 1m, tall and my tent only 2m

I know they are supposed to autoflower, but I am running out of space and they are still in veg.
Please help!
Should I switch to 12-12? Is this unusual for this strain??

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 24
Cheers dankster303!

I will reply soon during today. In the meanwhile check out this article with all about the F1 Fast Version concept: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6683103&postcount=40

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Hey Tommy g, I need your advice with a couple big devils I am growing that are huge, but still are not flowering. I can find other way to message you. Please Help! They are on week 6 and lots of sexing, but no flowering. Is this unusual???

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 23

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deeppurple87!

Which Big Devil is it?

Big Devil #1
Big Devil #2
Big Devil XL
Big Devil F1 FV

36 days from germination and not flowering yet is not usual, but it's a mostly sativa autoflowering strain and you probably got the most sativa phenos. If that's the case they will probably start forming flowers very soon. And then everything happens really quick so hopefully they are not that late in the end.

Let me know about which strain it is and if you have the package where they came from let me know also the date and lote number printed in the back of the package (or a picture of the package).

We'll keep in touch. All the best and kind regards,

tommy

Hi deeppurple87!

Which Big Devil is it?

Big Devil #1
Big Devil #2
Big Devil XL
Big Devil F1 FV

36 days from germination and not flowering yet is not usual, but it's a mostly sativa autoflowering strain and you probably got the most sativa phenos. If that's the case they will probably start forming flowers very soon. And then everything happens really quick so hopefully they are not that late in the end.

Let me know about which strain it is and if you have the package where they came from let me know also the date and lote number printed in the back of the package (or a picture of the package).

We'll keep in touch. All the best and kind regards,

tommy

Thanks a lot for responding. They are big devil #1
I no longer have the outer packaging unfortunately, but I am certain they are BD#1

that is good to hear they should flower soon. So you would recommend keeping them at 18-6 and not going to 12-12?

Big Devil#1 Help!

Hey guys, growing 2 Big Devil#1s

On day 37 and although they look like they want to flower so bad (pistils, alternating nodes, etc) however no signs of actual flowers yet.

They have been stretching like crazy lately. I was wondering if they look like any Big Devils you guys have grown, and if so, how long it took them to start flowering in your situation.

Appreciate the help.

Here are some pics. The last pic is of the two Big Devils about 5 days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 22

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for responding. They are big devil #1
I no longer have the outer packaging unfortunately, but I am certain they are BD#1

that is good to hear they should flower soon. So you would recommend keeping them at 18-6 and not going to 12-12?

Hi again!

I would probably change it to 14/10 (10 hours of darkness) to help stimulate it a bit. I think they would start flowering anyway very soon, but just to be sure you could change to 14/10 and then once they really start flowering you can increase the light time by 1 hour every week until you get back to 18/6 again.

Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us updated. :tiphat:

tommy

Hi again!

I would probably change it to 14/10 (10 hours of darkness) to help stimulate it a bit. I think they would start flowering anyway very soon, but just to be sure you could change to 14/10 and then once they really start flowering you can increase the light time by 1 hour every week until you get back to 18/6 again.

Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us updated. :tiphat:

tommy

Ok, thanks, and will do. I added some of top booster from H&G. Hopefully that will help as well.

So day 50 and I finally have flowers! and this Big devil is huge! less than a foot and a half left in the 6 foot tent

I am using H&G aquaflakes a-b and following a chart.

So I am curious to how long you guys think It will be from this point to harvest from your experience with this strain?

Here are a bunch of pics

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 23

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate!
well, watching at your pictures I think she needs 20 days at least, maybe a bit more.
Be careful with the lamp, you could make some LST to your plant if she continuous stretching, to keep away from the extreme hot of the lamp.
Don't forget to update so I can help you ;)
Good luck, you have a great plant there!
jaypp

Hi mate!
well, watching at your pictures I think she needs 20 days at least, maybe a bit more.
Be careful with the lamp, you could make some LST to your plant if she continuous stretching, to keep away from the extreme hot of the lamp.
Don't forget to update so I can help you ;)
Good luck, you have a great plant there!
jaypp

Thanks for the quick reply! I definitely will keep posting.

So 20 days that quick? they just started showing top flowers.

I am curious because I have Top shooter a late bloom additive that is to be added last 3 weeks before harvest.

So if these girls should finish in 20 days, I should add it next feeding you think?

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again my friend ;)
20 days sounds a bit optimist hehehe.. but, this plant normally needs around 70 days to finish, and autoflowerings go faster the last weeks, so maybe you could use a bio flowering stimulator in every watering since now, continuing until the end to stimulate it and use the Top shooter in 10 days aprox...

I think 30 more days to harvest is more realistic...
Good luck and keep it sweet!
Jaypp

Hi again my friend ;)
20 days sounds a bit optimist hehehe.. but, this plant normally needs around 70 days to finish, and autoflowerings go faster the last weeks, so maybe you could use a bio flowering stimulator in every watering since now, continuing until the end to stimulate it and use the Top shooter in 10 days aprox...

I think 30 more days to harvest is more realistic...
Good luck and keep it sweet!
Jaypp

Thanks! a ton! Ill keep you posted!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Cheers!

What a monster :D

Jaypp's just being too optimistic, hehehe. Taking in consideration that the plant has been refusing to start flowering as soon as expected, I would say that it probably isn't one of the fastest phenos, so I would say at least 30 days unless any unexpected phenomenon happens that matches Jaypp's predictions :D

I think it will probably need between 30 and 40 days but keep sharing pics and in a couple of weeks I may have a more accurate prediction.

Sweet smokes!

tommy

I harvested these seeds at day 110 last time. I did add "top booster" which is supposed to finish the plants in 4 weeks... 2 weeks ago, and just yesterday. Trying to force late flower before they puncture my tent.

I just tried a little LST with some yarn around the stem, to one of the tent poles as well

Here are some pics from this morning, of the bud-sites coming along nicely.

You guys think I should add a resin booster to my nutes? I feel like H&G gears towards yield, and i would like to see good resin production as well as yield.

I am about to make a trip to the hydro store, so any advice would be great. Specifically on early flower-mid nutes!

Be aware I am running H&G lineup already, so resin boosting additives are what I am looking for.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 27
Also I am still at 14-10 lighting.
From your experience with this strain, Should I remain at 14-10, go to 12-12, or increase lighting an hour a week until 18-6.

I have read so many differentiating opinions on lighting with autos. I want to know what you think will work best from your experience, for THESE particular plants.

Thanks again! I love my sweet seeds monster. The other plant is still about 3 feet tall as well, just looks like a baby in comparison lol

I just added some Terpinator to the rez

says 10-30ml/gal and i added 5ml/gal just to be safe.

You guys know anything about this additive? how much to use? The guys at the shop swore by it, and was only 20 bucks for a good size tub.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi deeppurple87!

Seems like flowering already started. If you want to be sure about it, go with 12/12 for 5 days or so. But if you think that flowering reached a point of no reverse, then you can keep with 14/10 and in about 5 days you can start addin 1 every week until 18/6.

About Terpinator I have no idea. Sounds like a product that is not available here in Spain, so can't help you much about it. But yes, I would go with the minimum dosage or even a bit less like you're doing.

Keep it up, sweet smokes!

tommy

Yea, I am def in flower.
So these girls will like the extra light? start increasing in 5 days would be your recommendation as opposed to staying at 14-10?

Thanks again!