What's new

Big Devil#1 Help!

so 3-4 weeks. ok.

Just switched to 18-6 today. Have been adjusting lights 1 hour every 5 days as you recommended.

So keep adding nutes for 3 weeks, then just water for a week you think?

I have been following H&Gs dwc feed schedule to a tee, bu.t started the top shooter almost 2 weeks ago now
http://www.house-garden.us/dwc

I

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi again!

Ok, lets hope it works out for you, hehehe... I would just feed them for another 2 weeks, but you better share more pics in 1 o 2 weeks to see if I keep my opinion ;)

Keep it up, sweet smokes!

tommy

Hi again!

Ok, lets hope it works out for you, hehehe... I would just feed them for another 2 weeks, but you better share more pics in 1 o 2 weeks to see if I keep my opinion ;)

Keep it up, sweet smokes!

tommy

Day 76 update!

reading about 1000ppm tap water = 300ppm

so 700 nutes. mix of aquaflakes a+B, bud xl, terpinator, and top shooter (now at full dosage for DWC feed chart)

here are the latest pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 19

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Deeppurple87!

All looking great now. You could increase the nutes a bit but just for a couple of waterings, then start reducing because you'll have to stop with them soon.

About dried weight predictions it is very hard as you have a jungle over there, hehehe, hard to tell as it is not easy to understand how many buds you've got. Since you have plants with different sizes, and buds taller than others, maybe you are not going to get the full potential, but on the other hand they are monsters and all together it will probably allow for a good yield.

Keep it up, keep it sweet! :peppermintstick:

tommy

A jungle it is! I am very pleased so far. behind that main giant cola, there are several others just as big. I have them tied back because they are to tall.

kessils are working great as side lights. the lower colas being hit by them are significantly larger and more crystally.

sounds good. Tommy Thanks for the quick help! I will keep posting. You just let me know when I need to change something up. All your advice has been gold so far.

Not many people will get this much buds off of two autos, on there 2nd grow. I am happy already happy with what I see.

I am on the market for some more sweet seeds!

Day 85 Update

I am seeing a little bit of bud swelling, and a little bit of foxtailing (in colas to close to the light) but overall massive crystal formation even out to the fans.
Also seeing my first few orange hairs.

How much longer you thinking? Should I keep up the nute blast, or begin flushing?

Check out the lady!

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 18

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hello!

Very nice, thanks for the pics ;)

I would stop feeding now because they seem to be entering the final phase now and the leaves don't seem to be yellowing much so far.

Seems like maturation is about to come, maybe in 10-15 days.

Sweet smokes!

tommy

WOW REALLY???
I AM WICKED EXCITED!

The last water change I did
5ml/gal aquaglakes A+B
5ml/gal budxl
20ml/gal terpinator
1ml/gal top shooter
.4ml drip clean
total ppm 1000-(300 ppm of tapwater)=700ppm of nutes.
By the end of the week, the the total ppm is 1600 so an average of 1000-1200 ppm.

so are you suggesting
A. going lighter on one or more of these nutrients this coming friday. B. switch to ph'd tap water this friday
or C. Keep nutes as is this friday (3/6), and then switch to ph'd tap water NEXT friday (3/13)

Thanks for all the help Tommy. All my buddies are asking what type of plant it is. When I telt them its an auto they don't believe me. You may have some new orders or big devil #1 soon!

Hello!

Very nice, thanks for the pics ;)

I would stop feeding now because they seem to be entering the final phase now and the leaves don't seem to be yellowing much so far.

Seems like maturation is about to come, maybe in 10-15 days.

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks my friend ;)

Yes, I think the best option is "A", low the dosage a bit tomorrow and from them on I would give them only water. Leaves may get yellow before harvest, but it is good that they get yellow so that you get a clean smoke as the plants use all the nutrients available in the soil and end up using their backups from the leaves.

This is my personal opinion/preference. Others would prefer to water them with that mix for 2 times more and only then clean the soil (by flushing) and then only water in the last 2 weeks. That's another possible option and it could perfectly be your decision.

All the best and sweet smokes!

tommy

These are hydro plants. not in soil. I have a RDWC setup.

Does this change your opinion at all? or would you still stick to option A?

the chart aquaflakes chart says to only do a 3-5 day flush, but that doesn't seem correct at all.

From what you are saying the plants will be of better quality, if allowed a longer flush period, to consume the nutrients still in the leaves and such. correct?

Thanks again Tommy G! will be smoking sweet very soon!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Cheers mate!

Sorry about that, something confused me and I was thinking they were in soil, hehe. In this case I would keep with the feeding schedule until next Friday (1 week) and only then proceed with the "flush".

If you manage to get some yellow leaves before harvesting the final product will be softer to smoke and with more "genuine" aromas. I can't say it will have a better quality as it depends on the preferences of each grower/smoker. With the experience of a few years of growing, each one ends up finding out how he/she prefers the final smoke...

Keep it up my friend, sweet smokes!

tommy

Day 92 update

Last friday I backed off the aquaflakes A+B and the terpinator. left everything else the same/
Avg ppm 700 as opposed to 12-1300.

They seem to be drinking a bit less, but otherwise all seems well.

What do you think? stick to the flush this friday?

Think I will get more than I did last time? (roughly 3-3.5 ounces (of good nugs) and 3-4 more of popcorn.

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 18

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Ufff, that's amazing, flowers everywhere and now they are getting compact and even bigger :D

Seems like you got sativa dominant phenos in these autos. The HPS makes it all look orange/yellow, so it's hard to tell but it seems like the pistils are really very white and "young looking". Can you take some pics next time with the lights off and natural daylight or using the flash bulb of your camera?

I would not advance with the flush yet, judging by the pictures you shared, but I could change my idea with better pics.

Thanks for keeping us updated and sweet smokes!

tommy

Ufff, that's amazing, flowers everywhere and now they are getting compact and even bigger :D

Seems like you got sativa dominant phenos in these autos. The HPS makes it all look orange/yellow, so it's hard to tell but it seems like the pistils are really very white and "young looking". Can you take some pics next time with the lights off and natural daylight or using the flash bulb of your camera?

I would not advance with the flush yet, judging by the pictures you shared, but I could change my idea with better pics.

Thanks for keeping us updated and sweet smokes!

tommy

These are the best I can do for lights off pics. Hopefully they can give you a better idea of where I am at

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I feel like alot of the new pistils (and foxtails) are new growth from the top shooter.
There are a few more orange hairs then last time, but the main pistils are white/pale yellow color.

I want the best yield possible, so whatever suggestions you have are gladly taken.

top shooter raises ph big time for all the H&G users out there, so when the plants drink it up it causes a huge ph drop.

At least thats what I think is going on.

Last edited: