What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big bud auto round 3.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Not as big as I would have liked. Luckily, I have another aerogarden that's bigger. One thing I wanna get is a better airpump for the airstone.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here's how the big bud auto is growing. This time it still didn't get as big as I wanted for a 3 gallon pot. I didn't think I would have to feed it the first couple of months because the soil and warm casings were supposed to do the feeding for me. I wonder if i should now give it some calcium magnesium in addition to the bloom food? I know there is still time left for this lady to bulk up more.

20240326_092931.jpg

goingrey

Just keep it happy with bloom food and give it enough time I would say.

A little bit of calmag should not hurt but I'm not convinced it will help either. The calmag products usually come with nitrogen so giving a lot is counterproductive at this stage.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Shes still stacking on the stinky frosty flowers. It smells like a cow farm in my bedroom. 😁😁😁 also i fed her more bloom food. One of these days I'm gonna get a bag of Coco medium to try that or probably mix the coco in with the fox farm soil. I was really hoping this would have grown like 2 feet tall. Cause then I would have yielded a boat load of yummy flowers. At the moment, it looks like I'm only gonna yield a tiny sailboat of flowers.🤣 I keep seeing people n here yield ten times what I do with their autos and I don't get what i keep doing wrong. I know this one has the ability to grow big and yield lots because Ive gotten it to do that once 2 years ago in a 3 gallon pot with ff soil. I have more seeds of this one but I'm tired of getting low yields. Is I may try this one next in my earogarden. Next to it is the cheese in the hydrogrden. Any and all advice is always welcome.
20240330_121937.jpg
20240329_181050.jpg
20240328_091412.jpg

LndRcLvr

You are doing well with what you have. 👍 But to grow big plants you need access to a dedicated growing space. Access to strong lights, access to big pots /soil access to optimum environment humidity and temperature and good genetics. Read up on 'the law of limiting factors' it's a horticultural term. If you can't provide that, try to come to terms with the fact yield will always be lower and focus on something achievable I.e. the health /quality of your plants. So to sum up, basically, It's not your fault.

Last edited:

revegeta666

I keep seeing people n here yield ten times what I do with their autos and I don't get what i keep doing wrong. I know this one has the ability to grow big and yield lots because Ive gotten it to do that once 2 years ago in a 3 gallon pot with ff soil. I have more seeds of this one but I'm tired of getting low yields.
The first step in my opinion would be to stop training your autos. These are delicate plants and if all the basics aren't in check, they will start flowering when they're still small. The less you do to them, the less you interfere, the bigger they will grow. You aren't even accomplishing anything by bending them over because you're doing it too early. this is usually done when they already have a few nodes to allow light to get to the lower branches. If you're bending them and manhandling them and taking leaves off etc, those are all little stressors that keep adding up. When autos get stressed they flower too early and they stay small. So I would say don't touch them at all and you will see a significant yield increase by just doing nothing. You don't need to do more stuff or add anything else. Only with the food that's in the soil of the fabric pot you have there, should be enough for an auto to grow 3 or 4 times the size of yours, before starting flowering. Just leave them alone (y) If anything start bending them when they've been showing flowers for at least a couple of weeks, so you're not interfering with its stretch.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Something happened to the plant and its starting to die off now.😭 So I guess it's time to do the flushing, I don't know. Maybe i over watered, but the top 4 inches of the soil felt very dry so I gave it more water the other day. Or it could be being over fed but I don't know.

20240411_110614.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
This one is 8 and a 1/2 weeks into flowering. This one has no mold or mildew yet so I'm gonna try to let it go to week 12. And then I'm gonna start another auto flower seed. 😁🌲
I'm mad that I don't work out. Im mad for the small yield, but in life we have to be grateful for what we do get even if it's less than we'd hoped we were gonna get. And all I can do is strive to do better next time.

20240415_102006.jpg
20240415_102044.jpg