What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biden: Let's Fix It

Gry

Veteran
Had hoped to put a bit of the history up which would show how previous efforts with respect to cannabis have been manipulated.

Last edited:

Old Piney

100% incorrect. I offer to bet friends on the nonsense you believe - all of it is fake paid spam & not one of you has the courage to bet $$$. I even offered someone who used to be a good friend $5,000 free if he could prove the nonsense he was spouting. All the "news" he tried to send to me for proof were paid spam blogs. Even his brother, a very good friend, who has always supported the GOP previously, has finally realized all this crap is 100% fake paid spam & that his brother is crazy. Not calling anyone names, all of you are victims of fraud. Your quoted website is a paid spam site, looking for donations from gullible folks.
So what about the lawsuit ?it was filed dy a Florida democrat https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/...d-takes-aim-at-law-on-guns-medical-marijuana/ sorry but you really got your head in the sand it's reported by both conservative and left-leaning news don't make me look up the court filings , I will if necessary , the far left is between a rock and a hard place , here's a pro pot Democrat standing up for the second amendment. The censoring fake news dosen't know what to do lol .It would be nice if you provided a few sources to back up your “nonsense “

Last edited:

Dr.Funke

Are you from Massachusetts by any chance? What you described reminds me of what's happening here. All yuppies moving into expensive apartments which the locals can't afford. I was born and raised here, I no longer recognize the place I grew up in due to the fact its changed so much (and not for the better). Right now I'm split between moving to New Hampshire or Alaska. All I know is I want to get out of MA asap.
I'm actually from Alaska! lol It's a great state but like Rob said the cost of living is extremely high, especially right now. The city I'm referring too is Anchorage, really the only city that's in Alaska, the rest are towns and villages. It has basically become impossible for middle class families to buy a decent single family home. I could go on and on about pros and cons. However if you do move stay away from Anchorage, and have a job and house lined up! Unless you're rich, like progressive politics, with rampant crime and homelessness in places that are actually affordable! Then Anchorage will be a paradise for you! :p

CalvinRobles

I tried to raise $65,000 with a fundraiser mentioning cannabidiol and hemp (for the second time now) and I received this:

"
We're sending you this message to tell you that your GoFundMe account has been removed because it violates our Terms of Service, which you can view Specifically, the content of your fundraiser falls under our “Prohibited conduct” section.

Our Terms of Service, along with strictly enforced policies from the payments industry, prohibit GoFundMe from allowing you to continue raising money on our platform.

Any donations made to your fundraiser that have not already been transferred to the bank account on file have been refunded. Those funds will arrive back in your donors' bank accounts within 3-7 business days.

Regards,

The GoFundMe team
"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ready4

Veteran
So what about the lawsuit ?it was filed dy a Florida democrat https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/...d-takes-aim-at-law-on-guns-medical-marijuana/ sorry but you really got your head in the sand it's reported by both conservative and left-leaning news don't make me look up the court filings , I will if necessary , the far left is between a rock and a hard place , here's a pro pot Democrat standing up for the second amendment. The censoring fake news dosen't know what to do lol .It would be nice if you provided a few sources to back up your “nonsense “
No, I do not have my head in the sand. Put some cash up or save it. You need to be educated on powers of a President. A President cannot just put something like that into law. If such a law existed/exists, it would have been passed by Congress quite a while back. A President cannot just wave a wand ( as Trump found out) and pass whatever law he wants. If you do research, I believe you will find when it was put in place as policy. Anybody suing for anything currently in place at a Federal level would be thinking they have to sue President Biden as he is the current President representing the US Government. But who they should be suing is Congress, who makes & discards laws. As Marijuana is still illegal at the Federal Level ( growing a felony) , it would make having a firearm illegal. But it is ignored in all States with rec/legal. Any lawsuit ( if real) is just a political stunt that has zero chance of doing anything but fooling people as yourself.
Here in Michigan, we all watched the Republican party fight tooth & nail to try to block the medical marijuana with typical BS lies " will lead to more crime !" " Protect the children !" "It is illegal at Federal level" etc. They failed as the voters told them to shove it. Then with the recreational marijuana on the ballot, the Republicans did the same thing. Even more citizens told them to shove it. A portion of the GOP, during a lame duck session after losing Governor race, actually drafted a proposal to overturn the recreational law that the voters approved. These enemies of Democracy were shut down by their "leaders" who knew the outrage that would follow & lawsuits.
In conclusion, marijuana would have been legal years ago in the USA if the Republicans had not fought so hard to keep it illegal ( follow the $$$). All States that are currently illegal are as so because of Republicans "running" their State.

RobFromTX

I'm actually from Alaska! lol It's a great state but like Rob said the cost of living is extremely high, especially right now. The city I'm referring too is Anchorage, really the only city that's in Alaska, the rest are towns and villages. It has basically become impossible for middle class families to buy a decent single family home. I could go on and on about pros and cons. However if you do move stay away from Anchorage, and have a job and house lined up! Unless you're rich, like progressive politics, with rampant crime and homelessness in places that are actually affordable! Then Anchorage will be a paradise for you! :p
Lol i know a little about it because i lived there when i was younger. My father was a SERE instructor at Elmendorf for a few years. We lived in Eagle River, which im assuming has become Anchorage proper. That was the late 90's but man do remember how expensive even a single trip to fred meyer was. It costs alot to get around there. Politics considered i found it to be very MYOB even as a kid, in Anchorage and the very rural areas, but furthermore i was amazed at how loose leaf they were with cannabis, which was a rare thing then. I got popped twice there and never got charged. I moved back to Texas my junior year and went to jail for it, two damn roaches man! Yeah i'll always remember the fun i had there but i just couldn't hack those winters like i did when i was younger. I hope it still has that live and let live mentality ;)(y)

Dr.Funke

Lol i know a little about it because i lived there when i was younger. My father was a SERE instructor at Elmendorf for a few years. We lived in Eagle River, which im assuming has become Anchorage proper. That was the late 90's but man do remember how expensive even a single trip to fred meyer was. It costs alot to get around there. Politics considered i found it to be very MYOB even as a kid, in Anchorage and the very rural areas, but furthermore i was amazed at how loose leaf they were with cannabis, which was a rare thing then. I got popped twice there and never got charged. I moved back to Texas my junior year and went to jail for it, two damn roaches man! Yeah i'll always remember the fun i had there but i just couldn't hack those winters like i did when i was younger. I hope it still has that live and let live mentality ;)(y)
Oh nice! I lived in Anchorage and Eagle River both growing up. I had the same experience, got popped at least three times with smoke pouring out of the car and no charges. They just told us to go home and took the weed. Granted it has been legalish in the state since 1975 (Raven vs the State I think it is?) Sadly Anchorage and ER has changed a lot. Things have become hyper political. I'm not one to get to political, I grew up with the old school AK mentality of live and let live. However a lot of west coasters have moved up and as you know Anchorage and Eagle River are big military towns. So its caused this really hyper political divide in the city. Where nothing really gets done and everyone fights over politics. It is not the place I grew up in. It also is no longer affordable. The valley however is quite nice. A whole giant mix of ppl just living and leaving each other alone. I live even further out but same thing. Also its way more affordable out here.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I spent a year in Anchorage but got to drive all around for work. Early 90s. I saw how Homer has changed since then. The Salty Dog was. A Block building with a dirt floor that probably flooded on a super high tide. Place looks crowded and expensive now. I liked Kenai

RobFromTX

I spent a year in Anchorage but got to drive all around for work. Early 90s. I saw how Homer has changed since then. The Salty Dog was. A Block building with a dirt floor that probably flooded on a super high tide. Place looks crowded and expensive now. I liked Kenai
I really liked the convenience of backpacking for days and not seeing a single person. You just cant escape to nature like that in the lower 48 anymore

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Airplane, boat and snow machine country. Moose in town. Alaska Bush Company. Combat fishing standing shoulder to shoulder on the river bank at the spots where you could get to by car.

Gas, food, blue jeans were all about the same normal lower 48 price. A place to live was what was expensive. At least in Anchorage. I had a used Ram truck that wasn’t that much, but I had to fix it. Funny but when it was time to head back down south, I sold almost my entire collection of stuff to a college kid who moved up. Truck, furniture, fishing stuff… but not the guns.

Like SoCal in the 60s and early 70s, that Alaska is just a memory now. I wanted to go up and ride around in a small motor home when I retired, but not with the crowds there.

Liberalism is a disease far worse than Covid was hyped to be.

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have looked at that, great initiative... but not sure it makes it 'officially' legal in the eyes of the law.
Your “ decriminalised “ based on mitigating circumstances and supported by your GP,/ Consultant and by every political party and police federations in England and Wales,,,,,
Card holders are not having there meds taken or prosecuted for growing there own,,,,
Holding a prescription means cannabis meds have to be treated like any other prescription,,,,,,s2

Gry

Veteran
lkAirplane, boat and snow machine country. Moose in town. Alaska Bush Company. Combat fishing standing shoulder to shoulder on the river bank at the spots where you could get to by car.

Gas, food, blue jeans were all about the same normal lower 48 price. A place to live was what was expensive. At least in Anchorage. I had a used Ram truck that wasn’t that much, but I had to fix it. Funny but when it was time to head back down south, I sold almost my entire collection of stuff to a college kid who moved up. Truck, furniture, fishing stuff… but not the guns.

Like SoCal in the 60s and early 70s, that Alaska is just a memory now. I wanted to go up and ride around in a small motor home when I retired, but not with the crowds there.

Liberalism is a disease far worse than Covid was hyped to be.
Attempting to sell health care and education as a disease, really ?
There had been a time when the republicans offered quite similar to
what would be thought of as quite decent today.
Here is the republican platform of 1956:

1. Provide federal assistance to low-income communities;

2. Protect Social Security;

3. Provide asylum for refugees;

4. Extend minimum wage;

5. Improve unemployment benefit system so it covers more people;

6. Strengthen labor laws so workers can more easily join a union;

7. Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of sex.

What the 1956 platform said

We located a copy of the official party platform from 1956, when Dwight D. Eisenhower was running (successfully, as it turned out) for his second term as president.

All told, the meme is generally accurate in portraying these seven elements of the 1956 platform, with some caveats.

On federal assistance to low-income communities, the 1956 platform said the party would "promote fully the Republican-sponsored Rural Development Program to broaden the operation and increase the income of low income farm families and help tenant farmers."

On protecting Social Security, the platform touted the Eisenhower administration’s extension of
Social Security to 10 million more workers and benefits hikes for 6.5 million Americans.

On refugees, the platform spotlighted the administration’s work in sponsoring the Refugee Relief Act "to provide asylum for thousands of refugees, expellees and displaced persons," promising its "wholehearted support" for additional efforts. M. Christine Anderson, a Xavier University historian, noted that many refugees were coming from communist countries in Eastern Europe, so this wasn't an especially controversial issue during the Cold War era.

On the minimum wage, the platform notes that the Eisenhower administration raised the minimum wage for more than 2 million workers. It urged extending minimum-wage protections "to as many more workers as is possible and practicable."

On improving the unemployment benefit system, the 1956 platform touted the administration’s actions to bring unemployment insurance to 4 million additional workers, and backed efforts to "improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system.

Things sure have changed, what was it that happened ?
The party was bought out by a business class which cared far more about profit than people.
Having bought out one party what was left for them to do but to buy other as well, which puts
where we are today.

Last edited:

Old Piney

No, I do not have my head in the sand. Put some cash up or save it. You need to be educated on powers of a President. A President cannot just put something like that into law. If such a law existed/exists, it would have been passed by Congress quite a while back. A President cannot just wave a wand ( as Trump found out) and pass whatever law he wants. If you do research, I believe you will find when it was put in place as policy. Anybody suing for anything currently in place at a Federal level would be thinking they have to sue President Biden as he is the current President representing the US Government. But who they should be suing is Congress, who makes & discards laws. As Marijuana is still illegal at the Federal Level ( growing a felony) , it would make having a firearm illegal. But it is ignored in all States with rec/legal. Any lawsuit ( if real) is just a political stunt that has zero chance of doing anything but fooling people as yourself.
Here in Michigan, we all watched the Republican party fight tooth & nail to try to block the medical marijuana with typical BS lies " will lead to more crime !" " Protect the children !" "It is illegal at Federal level" etc. They failed as the voters told them to shove it. Then with the recreational marijuana on the ballot, the Republicans did the same thing. Even more citizens told them to shove it. A portion of the GOP, during a lame duck session after losing Governor race, actually drafted a proposal to overturn the recreational law that the voters approved. These enemies of Democracy were shut down by their "leaders" who knew the outrage that would follow & lawsuits.
In conclusion, marijuana would have been legal years ago in the USA if the Republicans had not fought so hard to keep it illegal ( follow the $$$). All States that are currently illegal are as so because of Republicans "running" their State.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsh3qjuywybf9hc/Fried et al vs US - Filed.pdf?dl=0. it isn't a law being challenged its a federal policy whipped up by Eric Garlin (Joe's guy).head in sand .sources for your “nonsense “???

Gry

Veteran
I tried to raise $65,000 with a fundraiser mentioning cannabidiol and hemp (for the second time now) and I received this:

"
We're sending you this message to tell you that your GoFundMe account has been removed because it violates our Terms of Service, which you can view Specifically, the content of your fundraiser falls under our “Prohibited conduct” section.

Our Terms of Service, along with strictly enforced policies from the payments industry, prohibit GoFundMe from allowing you to continue raising money on our platform.

Any donations made to your fundraiser that have not already been transferred to the bank account on file have been refunded. Those funds will arrive back in your donors' bank accounts within 3-7 business days.

Regards,

The GoFundMe team
"
So Go Fund me won't touch cannabis, are there any other outfits that will ?

Gry

Veteran
As I think about Willie, I can't help but wonder and hope that cannabis resin may indeed have
preservative properties to it.