What's new

BHOgart Extractor Thread

Roji

No, recovery pulls from the top of the collection chamber.

Cool. So the only way to limit the potential of liquid entering the suction line is to never over fill your collection spool. I personally never fill a spool past the 2/3 mark and I do not get liquid in my lines.

Permacultuure

Veteran
No, recovery pulls from the top of the collection chamber.

Use an expansion column. There are a few ways to do it but it's essentially just warming the solvent in a column or coil to insure only gas is pulled through the pump. I'd also re evaluate your whole process if your overfilling your spool that often. More details nose of column, collection spool and lbs of solvent used would be helpful

Use an expansion column. There are a few ways to do it but it's essentially just warming the solvent in a column or coil to insure only gas is pulled through the pump. I'd also re evaluate your whole process if your overfilling your spool that often. More details nose of column, collection spool and lbs of solvent used would be helpful
My bottom spool is 12x12 and I run either a 4x48 or 4x36 column. When running the big column I try and run 10lbs of solvent. Standing solvent in the collection is never more than halfway full. I have considered some type of heat exchanger to assure the solvent enters the appion gaseous. My solvent starts colder than 0 down to -40. I allowed it to recover to almost zero and then submersed it in a bath around 70. Before I submerse it I am seeing tiny droplets of solvent in an inline sight glass. If I close off the line to the pump the vacuum created will cause the oil to exand and "purge" in the window making it quite evident. After I dunk the collection and pressure starts to rise again two things happen. Solvent definitely blows back up into the column, sometimes mildly violent. Slightly more oil can be seen entering the sight glass.

Zipsort

When filling a recovery tank with ecogreen n-butane, can I fill it directly into the tank? Instead of going thru the entire machine and recover it like I would with cans?

When filling a recovery tank with ecogreen n-butane, can I fill it directly into the tank? Instead of going thru the entire machine and recover it like I would with cans?

Check out Krunch's recent posts about ecogreen having a really bad smell and lots of residue.

A6 Grower

Veteran
once without anything(for speed), once with charcoal and post run material(its slower but the little bit of oil helps trap the last little shit, i bet your third will have nothing left over. :)

Zipsort

once without anything(for speed), once with charcoal and post run material(its slower but the little bit of oil helps trap the last little shit, i bet your third will have nothing left over. :)

Word that sounds good.

Also..bhogarts metal lines, leak like crazy! Wtf?

OG_TGR

Got my BHOgart #1, G5 Appion and #30 N-Butane tank on the way!

One question I have that I haven't seen directly addressed is the restrictions to process indoors. I understand the precaution defaults here but I wonder if it would be possible to process indoors if you are in a very large volume.
For example, would it be feasible to maintain a safe environment if you were in an area of approximately 10kft^3 with an active air exchange rate of about 12xhr?

Last edited:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Got my BHOgart #1, G5 Appion and #30 N-Butane tank on the way!

One question I have that I haven't seen directly addressed is the restrictions to process indoors. I understand the precaution defaults here but I wonder if it would be possible to process indoors if you are in a very large volume.
For example, would it be feasible to maintain a safe environment if you were in an area of approximately 10kft^3 with an active air exchange rate of about 12xhr?

Most people run CLS's indoors...

Personally, I DONT LIKE IT!

To each their own...

A6 Grower

Veteran
Only time i felt somewhat safe indoors was in a HUGE warehouse and we ran up in the loft area(open air loft so any fumes would sink down to empty warehouse). Also it was spring so the big bay door was open most of the time. Still a chance for a flash fire if there's a HUGE leak and a source of ignition but at least the building isn't going to explode

OG_TGR

Ok cool. Thanks guys.

I've worked with high order explosives as well as heavy gasses before and just assumed this was a safety measure to those who likely haven't had any type of formal safety training working with materials like this.

I've considered constructing an explosive proof (venturi hood type) ventilation system, just to be absolutely sure.

Ok cool. Thanks guys.

I've worked with high order explosives as well as heavy gasses before and just assumed this was a safety measure to those who likely haven't had any type of formal safety training working with materials like this.

I've considered constructing an explosive proof (venturi hood type) ventilation system, just to be absolutely sure.

A ventilation hood will not work. Butane settles to the ground. You would need explosive proof fans that exit at floor level, not from above.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
A ventilation hood will not work. Butane settles to the ground. You would need explosive proof fans that exit at floor level, not from above.

True that, and im kinda shocked he didnt mention that...

Washington requires a downdraft setup...