What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHOgart Extractor Thread

humboldt123

Hi All! I'd also like to say I greatly enjoy and have taken a lot from you guys-thanks! SO, a couple weeks a go, i became an owner of a BHOgart 5 Lb twin turbo. As my screen name implies, I'm in humboldt county and here in south county there is a retail store that (from time to time) carries a closed loop systems. Ive seen them carry terpenators, as well as BHOgart's. Of course when i had the money, they didnt have any in stock. A close friend has a Mkiii and its a pleasure to operate, so when the time came I threw down for the mk4 and was promised a 2-3 week wait. Well, after 4.5 weeks, i lost patience, and said fuckit, i'll give bhogart a try (I've never seen one in action), and took the drive down to san jose and purchased my extractor. Got home, and discovered a piece missing that allowed me to run both hoses coming off the top of the collection pot going to the two recovery pumps making it a twin turbo. Bummed, of course I contacted the company, and pleasantly informed them of the situation and gave them an address to ship it to. Honestly, I felt the tech support folks were a bit inappropriately condescending but hey, they could have had a bad day...who knows....dont care send me the damn part and no one gets hurt, right? Cool, so.....since I'm not able to run both recovery pumps due to that missing piece, I put a ball valve where the second recovery hose was supposed to go in order to operate the extractor, and i discovered that they sent me home with......I stopped counting at THREE faulty hoses! two are leaking where the fitting on the hose spins in order to screw onto the corresponding male thread on the manifold, and one is leaking where the braided line enters into the fitting. I've left messages, sent emails, when I was dealing with the tech support people at bhogart they had me send pictures from my phone showing what piece I was missing, and sent text messages to that number......and this was almost 2 weeks ago, and I haven't received the missing part, or any hoses, or anything!!!! I truly want a new set of hoses.....mabey it was the first day on the job for the dude "fabricating" the hoses and attaching the fittings.....i don't know? what should I do???? I would order hoses from terminator as my friend has never had trouble with his hoses. (don't cha just love hearing "I told ya so" from your friends?) please help!!! thanks everyone!!

humboldt123

hey sleepiesthead, those gauges you put ontop of your material column and between your recovery pump and tank......did you just poach them from the manifold or purchase them at the hardware store? And-gauge guard, I'm assuming thats something that goes between the flow of solvent and the mechanism that operates the needle on the gauge...correct?

apollojmr

hey sleepiesthead, those gauges you put ontop of your material column and between your recovery pump and tank......did you just poach them from the manifold or purchase them at the hardware store? And-gauge guard, I'm assuming thats something that goes between the flow of solvent and the mechanism that operates the needle on the gauge...correct?

Buddy I hope that you get it figured out with BHOgart. They really dont have that great customer service you want to find in a retailer, but they make good shit. I personally had a major issue when I purchase mine and I still think back to it so it prevents me from purchasing more. But this is 1st stage type borderline illegal shit theyre carrying. So their customer service can suck I guess. I guess if I was in Humboldt and I had an issue with their extractor I would simply let them know that you live in an area of the country that is almost like heaven for most of the worlds stoners and they simply cannot afford a boycott from that special place. Anyways good luck!

brunt

hey fazer 1 yes it is possible to clog your material tube by over packing.I never put more than three and a half pounds in minealthough it is supposed to be a 5#system any more than three and a half pounds and I start running into issues

Zipsort

Buddy I hope that you get it figured out with BHOgart. They really dont have that great customer service you want to find in a retailer, but they make good shit. I personally had a major issue when I purchase mine and I still think back to it so it prevents me from purchasing more. But this is 1st stage type borderline illegal shit theyre carrying. So their customer service can suck I guess. I guess if I was in Humboldt and I had an issue with their extractor I would simply let them know that you live in an area of the country that is almost like heaven for most of the worlds stoners and they simply cannot afford a boycott from that special place. Anyways good luck!

I've been into their store front in person about 6 times. Each time was hilarious. They don't care if you're in humboldt or North Korea. If they feel like helping you they will, if they don't they wont

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I've been into their store front in person about 6 times. Each time was hilarious. They don't care if you're in humboldt or North Korea. If they feel like helping you they will, if they don't they wont

Yeah, I wish Tom would put half as much time running his business as he does promoting his business...

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Hey guys is it possible to get a clogged material tube from packing the bhogart? I tried running the bhogart just now with trim and small popcorn nugs. I did atleast 10 dumps trying to get the solvent to flow trough the site glass. I never got any of the solvent to go trough I just reclaimed down to -11hg because I couldn't get anything to happen I was out there for an hour and a half doing dumps. It is now getting to late to keep trying. This has been a really frustrating night for me. If you guys know anything about what may be going on please let me know. Thanks for your help.

1 ..pull your recovery tank out of the brine but do not flip ..or open your 'liquid' valve ..whichever applies to you CLS recovery tank.

2 ..enter recovery mode ..watch the low side gauge

3 ..happens fast ..she gonna start to drop ..you are creating pressure in the recovery tank and vac in the collection spool

4 ..after a min or 2 ..right around 10-15 hg on the + re enter shower mode

5 ..she should move fast and hard now..

..i hope that helps ..peace and trichs ..grievous

apollojmr

Anyone know where I can find a 6" shatter platter and also I am wanting warming jackets for the collection pot and column. Help is appreciated.

Hash Man

So I stopped by bhogart today and picked up the chopper stomper. Traffic was insane, because some guy was about to jump off a bridge over a 680 overpass. They stayed open past closing hours for me. When I got there I checked out their warehouse, and man, have they made some big improvements since they first got started. I purchased their first extractor they ever sold, with the flat recovery tank and non-jacketed collection pots a few years ago.

Now they have vacuum ovens and recovery pumps, jacketed columns, and jacketed collection pots. I was like a kid in a candy store. They r coming out with a mini diptube for the stomper that will suck the extract out without having to open the collection pot in a couple weeks. They aso said they can get the propane with no mercaptins in it...

The chopper stomper is so big, it is a little intimidating. I am going to have to totally redesign my extracting space and methods to accommodate it.
I picked up the whole unit, including their solvent tank, instead of going with another brand.
Its much improved and seems pretty solid. I think the weakest part of it may be the pressure release valve,and it kind of freaks me out.

I had a situation a year ago with my 2.5 lb unit when my pressre release valve opened up and didn't close, so there was solvent spewing out uncontrollably until the tank was empty. All I could do was move it into a field and let it blow off into the air... It was a nailbiting experience.

I know that sometimes its good to go ahead and run some new solvent after lots of runs, but the idea of letting off 24 gallons into the air scares the crap out of me and seems very unsafe. Those of you who are using large holding tanks, what is your procedure when dumping off old tane?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I stopped by bhogart today and picked up the chopper stomper. Traffic was insane, because some guy was about to jump off a bridge over a 680 overpass. They stayed open past closing hours for me. When I got there I checked out their warehouse, and man, have they made some big improvements since they first got started. I purchased their first extractor they ever sold, with the flat recovery tank and non-jacketed collection pots a few years ago.

Now they have vacuum ovens and recovery pumps, jacketed columns, and jacketed collection pots. I was like a kid in a candy store. They r coming out with a mini diptube for the stomper that will suck the extract out without having to open the collection pot in a couple weeks. They aso said they can get the propane with no mercaptins in it...

The chopper stomper is so big, it is a little intimidating. I am going to have to totally redesign my extracting space and methods to accommodate it.
I picked up the whole unit, including their solvent tank, instead of going with another brand.
Its much improved and seems pretty solid. I think the weakest part of it may be the pressure release valve,and it kind of freaks me out.

I had a situation a year ago with my 2.5 lb unit when my pressre release valve opened up and didn't close, so there was solvent spewing out uncontrollably until the tank was empty. All I could do was move it into a field and let it blow off into the air... It was a nailbiting experience.

I know that sometimes its good to go ahead and run some new solvent after lots of runs, but the idea of letting off 24 gallons into the air scares the crap out of me and seems very unsafe. Those of you who are using large holding tanks, what is your procedure when dumping off old tane?

Letting 24# off in the air would concern me greatly as well.

All pressure relief valves are not created equal and the better ones are expensive. We pay ~$450 apiece for the three Swageloc pressure relief assemblies on a Mk V.

I say pressure relief assemblies, because it is an assembly of a check valve to prevent the pressure relief from seeing vacuum, which most are not rated for, and the relief valve itself, which is factory set and wire locked. They supply factory test sheets and certification for each individual valve.

Not only can there be a wide variance in pop off pressure with cheap pressure relief valves, but the reset pressure on cheap valves is typically lower, so it takes longer for them to reset.

In addition, if you relieve often, cheap pressure relief valves, intended for pneumatic application, begin to relieve at lower pressures, as the springs weaken.

We use 1/2", which discharge to a central manifold, with a 1/2" JIC connection to either discharge to a more convenient location through an attached hose, or to an axillary tank held under vacuum to capture and contain it.

gliders420

Has anyone purchased the 1.5 inch encapsulated ball clave from glacier tank?

The bhogart rep was trying to tell me that they have trouble sealing and that I should spend 275 on their ball valve kit... Which sounds ridiculous as shit to me...

zeet

Veteran
Has anyone purchased the 1.5 inch encapsulated ball clave from glacier tank?

The bhogart rep was trying to tell me that they have trouble sealing and that I should spend 275 on their ball valve kit... Which sounds ridiculous as shit to me...

They tried to tell me the same thing..said that theirs is specially made for butane...lol I bought the 2" encapsulated from Glacier and have had no problems.

Latest posts

Latest posts