What's new

BHOgart 5lb Twin Turbo...

Pangea

Veteran
@krunch, fwiw the 2" columns can be blasted out with a air compressor and valve, potato gun style.

A6 Grower

Veteran
http://www.glaciertanks.com/TriClamp_Sight_Glasses-Sight_Glass_2_Processing_view_TriClamp.html

We may have to buy a special tool to take it apart and replace the silicone lower gasket with viton (or reccomended).

:joint:

Nah, once you clamp it down you can take it off by hand. If anything a large pipe wrench will grab those teeth just enough to help you break it loose. I just hand tighten these down as much as i can(Small guy ~ 150lbs with small hands :woohoo: lol) then use a wrench to turn it just a little more snug.

A6 Grower

Veteran
Im aware, dont have an air compressor though..

Thanks!

I have a bunch of tubes now and once i get to only a few empty ones i call my helper up and he comes and unpacks all my tubes with handy stick with a butter knife secured to the end. Usually only takes him an hour or two. Way worth it, makes my life much easier. i hate unpacking tubes.

My 4" tubes are nice and hot when i take them off the machine from the heat mats and for some reason i can just push the tightly packed 1000g's out with my 2" dowle i pack with.

All i use are 4" and 1 1/2" tubes, they vary in length from 6" to 24"

Nah, once you clamp it down you can take it off by hand. If anything a large pipe wrench will grab those teeth just enough to help you break it loose. I just hand tighten these down as much as i can(Small guy ~ 150lbs with small hands :woohoo: lol) then use a wrench to turn it just a little more snug.

Getting it off with a soft silicone gasket should be easy. What about getting it back on tight with a PTFE gasket? You will need enough force to engage the PTFE material and cause a seal. Won't this take force then hand tight?

Seems a large pipe wrench could be carefully used. The proper spanner wrench is not very much though.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Our ptfe viewing ports are a pain to seal, had to resort back to Viton and was able to seal. Why use ptfe? No solvent will ever see it ideally