What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

gaviao

I tried some following the 2gs BHO to 8ml MCT ratio. It was 2.5 hours after I took a pill before I felt any effects. I'm guessing it has something to do with the time/temp part of the process. With the jar flat in the cooking oil bath the MCT would read between 210-230 degrees. If I tilted the jar so more of the thermometer was submerged in MCT oil it would read between 245-270. I have no idea which of those would be a more accurate reading. Any ideas?

slowandeasy

Veteran
I tried some following the 2gs BHO to 8ml MCT ratio. It was 2.5 hours after I took a pill before I felt any effects. I'm guessing it has something to do with the time/temp part of the process. With the jar flat in the cooking oil bath the MCT would read between 210-230 degrees. If I tilted the jar so more of the thermometer was submerged in MCT oil it would read between 245-270. I have no idea which of those would be a more accurate reading. Any ideas?

Temp vs time is the most important part....you have a difference of 60F....that is a lot.

gaviao

I understand that 60F is a big fluctuation....but I have no idea which reading is the accurate one. When I measured with the beaker(jar) sitting flat on the bottom of the pot I'd get the 210-230 reading. If I tilted the beaker so that I could submerge more of the thermometer in the MCT I'd get the 245-270 reading. Setting the beaker flat again and the temps would immediately begin to drop.

slowandeasy

Veteran
I understand that 60F is a big fluctuation....but I have no idea which reading is the accurate one. When I measured with the beaker(jar) sitting flat on the bottom of the pot I'd get the 210-230 reading. If I tilted the beaker so that I could submerge more of the thermometer in the MCT I'd get the 245-270 reading. Setting the beaker flat again and the temps would immediately begin to drop.

I tilt mine to one side and stir often. The more liquid the better the reading and it should stay more stable. Good luck!!

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I made a batch of these guys, and I injected the oil mixture at a rate of 1/10 gram of keif per pill. I thought they were a little weak, so next time I'll inject 1/5 gram of keif per.

sneaky101

Hi all. Just wanted to chime in and say thx to slowandeasy for the recipe. Just finished my first batch and wanted to follow in your footsteps. Made my first batch at a ratio of 2:1. Hoping for some real strong pills. I got 7 total from 4ml MCT oil and 2 grams of bho made from buds. I'm gonna wait till Saturday to take one, so I will try and report back Sunday and let every one know how the results were. Thad again!

slowandeasy

Veteran
Hi all. Just wanted to chime in and say thx to slowandeasy for the recipe. Just finished my first batch and wanted to follow in your footsteps. Made my first batch at a ratio of 2:1. Hoping for some real strong pills. I got 7 total from 4ml MCT oil and 2 grams of bho made from buds. I'm gonna wait till Saturday to take one, so I will try and report back Sunday and let every one know how the results were. Thad again!

If you did everything right those should be very potent!!! Let us know.

sneaky101

My temps varied from the high end 265*f, only for about 5 minutes, to 235*f on the low end. Most of the time they were between 240*f-255f. So I think I will be pretty good. I will find out soon. Couldn't help myself and went ahead and popped one about 45 minutes ago, and not sure if I'm feeling it yet or not. I smoked a small bowl (btw, already got the bho burbs...can almost taste the aftertaste of my tincture in those burbs), but feel just a bit off from what a small bowl does to me.

Also, if anyone is interested, I am using bho from Paradise Seeds Whiteberry. About 27 grams went in and apprx 4.6g of beautiful light blond budder came out of the first run. Have been saving this for a long couple of weeks waiting for all the supplies to make these gel caps.

Will report back soon with an update.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
lol, no word from sneaky. He must be in LaLa land right now. Or passed out in his bag of Doritos. God I can't wait for harvest so I can make a couple thousand of these.

sneaky101

Alright, it's been about 8 hrs now and i feel I can go ahead and post the results. First let me say that I can't wait till Saturday to try these again. Today I am getting over being sic, had a lack of sleep last night...and I am a chronic! So take these results with a grain of salt. During the 8 hrs I have smoke a few bowls.

After several hours I felt exrememly tired and when I stopped moving, sitting in a recliner, I felt numb everywhere and had I had enough time to stay relaxed, I would have fallen asleep for sure.

Over my explorations from the past couple of months my eyes have really been opened to the medicinal qualities of marijuana, and I can totally see how these bho pills could be used for people with certain illnesses, props slowandeasy for bringing this to us in an easy to read tutorial.

However, Saturday I will probaly stRt off with a good nights sleep and I may take two of these early in the morning and see how they treat me (Friday is my birthday:dance013:). But under normal circumstances I can see your 4:1 ratio for everyday use. Only question is how do you get so many pills? I was filling mine all the way to the top and capping them. Were you only filling 2/3 the way full to get 12 caps your first run?

Hope this is all makes since (couldn't spell co-hear-ant). In the process of finishing a bowl topped with .10grams of budder. :wave:

slowandeasy

Veteran
Alright, it's been about 8 hrs now and i feel I can go ahead and post the results. First let me say that I can't wait till Saturday to try these again. Today I am getting over being sic, had a lack of sleep last night...and I am a chronic! So take these results with a grain of salt. During the 8 hrs I have smoke a few bowls.

After several hours I felt exrememly tired and when I stopped moving, sitting in a recliner, I felt numb everywhere and had I had enough time to stay relaxed, I would have fallen asleep for sure.

Over my explorations from the past couple of months my eyes have really been opened to the medicinal qualities of marijuana, and I can totally see how these bho pills could be used for people with certain illnesses, props slowandeasy for bringing this to us in an easy to read tutorial.

However, Saturday I will probaly stRt off with a good nights sleep and I may take two of these early in the morning and see how they treat me (Friday is my birthday:dance013:). But under normal circumstances I can see your 4:1 ratio for everyday use. Only question is how do you get so many pills? I was filling mine all the way to the top and capping them. Were you only filling 2/3 the way full to get 12 caps your first run?

Hope this is all makes since (couldn't spell co-hear-ant). In the process of finishing a bowl topped with .10grams of budder. :wave:

If you read my first post a 2 to 1 ratio gave me about 12 pills, I fill one half of the pill and cap with the other empty half. I prefer doing a 4 to 1 ratio now because it is easier to work with and you can always take more than 1 pill. glad it worked out for you!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clearly, there is a divergence in opinion on the topic, and i am aware of reasoning on both sides.

I do think it would be easier without the powder, but like I said, I do not have a syringe. I live in a pretty rural area, and am not planning on going to where there is a pharmacy until tomorrow, and I have the whole day to experiment with this, using the materials I have on hand (~5 grams of reclaim, a jar of coconut oil, a bag of arrowroot, and some capsules).

It seems like it would be much more of a PITA to try to deal with getting the oil into the capsules syringe-less. :dunno:

I thinking stuffing caps is a royal pain in the ass too, which is why I use a dropper delivered Holy Shit sublingual for my own personal daily meds.

We do make caps for patients however, that prefer it in capsule form and stabilize it with cornstarch to minimize leakage during travel and handling.

I see no reason Arrowroot or Tapioca wouldn't work as well for that purpose and certainly if leakage isn't an issue, no stabilizer is needed.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Why not add a little fiber to the mix?
Keep you regular.
:blowbubbles:

rootfingers

Made a batch of these last night. Used 2.5g bho and 15ml cmt. Yielded 25 capsules. Hope they are strong, took one almost 40 minutes ago with lunch.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Made a batch of these last night. Used 2.5g bho and 15ml cmt. Yielded 25 capsules. Hope they are strong, took one almost 40 minutes ago with lunch.

I like to eat edibles about 20 min or so after eating something beforehand. It seems to kick start your buzz faster IMO. I hope they work for you, your ratio is about 6 to 1. If they are too weak, try taking 2 pr split a few in half and take another half. Each batch can be slightly different, they only way to find out is to try them. Good luck!!!!

whodare

Veteran

100mg is plenty i have eaten up to 200mg and i wasn't very comfortable in public..

rootfingers

Thanks for the advice slowandeasy, I took them after a fairly large lunch but will experiment with other combinations of eating food/swallowing pill.

They worked that is for sure. Took about an hour to kick in and lasted till I went to sleep 8 hours later. Not usually in bed that early but being stoned all day seemed to take its toll and made me want sleep.

Probably more strain dependent but my buzz for the first several hours was clear headed and took away the aches and pains. Surprisingly I was very motivated and cleaned some house along with laundry and worked on the room. Had some very mild hallucinations at one point but that didn't last.

As the buzz wore on I found myself becoming somewhat irritable although this could have been because of something else. Could be I was frustrated from being high for so long. Normal smoking takes you up and down, this was a much longer road.

Latest posts

Latest posts