What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

Bullfrog44

Veteran
That is what I thought meduser, just double and triple checking. It's my OCD stepping in.

I am looking at GNC online right now and I think I found everything I need. Now to see if a store near by carries everything, cash is my friend.

slowandeasy

Veteran
One last thing Slowandeasy.........What kind of cooking oil do you use for a double boil? Is it literally "cooking oil" they sell at Safeway, or is it just corn oil or something? Also, any thermometer you recommend?

Any cooking oil will do, like canola, corn, or veg. Just to get your temps hotter than water can. I use a digital cooking thermometer, but a candy thermometer will do just fine. I like 250F for 30-40 min. If your temps get a little hotter take it off early.

Last edited:

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Ok, I finally tried this the way it should be done. I got myself all the right stuff: 3grams bho, 12 ml mct oil, made 24, size 00 pills.

I got a candy thermometer and cooking oil. The temps stayed at exactly 248 degrees for 30 min. As a base test, my temps of boiling water was 109 at about 100ft above sea level, so I figured 248 was perfect. One minor adjustment that I believe helped me out a lot was instead of the oral syringe I used a eye dropper. I tried the syringe and squirted too hard and had oil everywhere. Other than that, this method was a piece of cake. Now I just wait to see how strong one pill is.....

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Well, I took just one pill to make sure it wasn't too strong and it was quite nice. I have a very very high tolerance for both smoke and food, so I would imagine this would put a rookie in the corner crying for mommy. I think when I take them again today, I will take 2 or 3 to see if that puts me over the edge.

I also suffer from several medical conditions that involve a very sensitive stomach. Most pot food makes me wake up in the middle of the night with terrible stomach pains. Then I go drop a deuce and wait about 20 min and I feel better. With these pills I had ZERO stomach problems!! If nothing else was great about these pills other than the fact they don't screw my stomach up, it was well worth it. Now throw in the fact they take away pain and make me sleep like a baby.

Great thread Slowandeasy, thanks for showing me the ropes.

Trichgnomes

picture.php

R

redeyesurprise

Excellent taste in beer Trichgnomes... Nice looking capsules too. :joint:

meduser180056

Still lovin these... Simply the best way to orally consume THC that I've found so far. No taste and no stomach problems which some of us get like bullfrog mentioned. Easy to travel with/bring around.

I tried consuming lecithin beforehand but it didn't seem to change the effect.

Anybody try mixing lecithin in the pills at all?

I'm also interested in trying the piperine extract or whatever it's called that they mention using on the cannabrex website. It's a black pepper extract that inhibits the enzyme that makes digested THC inactive. They claim it can make the pills up to 3x stronger. I have to order some though I can't find it anywhere.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Still lovin these... Simply the best way to orally consume THC that I've found so far. No taste and no stomach problems which some of us get like bullfrog mentioned. Easy to travel with/bring around.

I tried consuming lecithin beforehand but it didn't seem to change the effect.

Anybody try mixing lecithin in the pills at all?

I'm also interested in trying the piperine extract or whatever it's called that they mention using on the cannabrex website. It's a black pepper extract that inhibits the enzyme that makes digested THC inactive. They claim it can make the pills up to 3x stronger. I have to order some though I can't find it anywhere.

I have some, it is called Bioperine. I need to experiment with it more, so I can not really judge how well it works yet. Worth a shot, I got them from the same place as my MCT oil.

meduser180056

I ordered up the bioperine not here yet but I'm gonna mess with it and post up my results...

I just made up a batch of pills but this time I added in about a teaspoon of lecithin granules into the mct oil and let it dissolve. Then I added my BHO and let it all simmer at 250 in the oil bath for 30 mins... Might not be enough lecithin to change the effect. I'll probably try consuming some extra lecithin in some juice just to make sure I get it in my system. Something tells me the lecithin probably works better when mixed in with the oil then taking it on the side as a supplement. Anyhow I'll let you all know if it seems to change the effect at all.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Sounds very interesting meduser and slowandeasy. Would love to see if this makes a difference.

I made a ton of these this weekend at the ratio of 4ml of oil/1g bho. Time to see how it effects people that don't eat as much pot food as me.

G

grozzef

awesome thread slowandeasy just made some and kinda messed up on the first batch (oil got far too hot for a couple minutes when i came back in here to double check how long lol) but they still work(goin up now). i used alc extracted thc oil(.8 to 5ml) and extra virgin coconut oil for lack of mct oil at any local stores and laziness and a glass eye dropper thing for fillin them

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Nice to hear grozzef

I handed out a bunch of these pills to friends and patients. It seems that 1g of bho to 4ml of MTC oil is perfect across the board. I need to eat about 5 at this concentration but most seemed fine with it. I only had one person say it was almost too strong. That was a 26 year old girl that was under a 100 lbs. (very pretty) Just thought I would update my experience. Great thread slowandeasy.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Nice to hear grozzef

I handed out a bunch of these pills to friends and patients. It seems that 1g of bho to 4ml of MTC oil is perfect across the board. I need to eat about 5 at this concentration but most seemed fine with it. I only had one person say it was almost too strong. That was a 26 year old girl that was under a 100 lbs. (very pretty) Just thought I would update my experience. Great thread slowandeasy.

Glad to hear they worked for you Bullfrog! Temp vs Time is the most important, and each batch will be slightly different. 5 pills is a lot tho, either you have a wicked high tolerance...or temp/time could be off? If it gets too hot for too long or not hot enough or long enough, it will effect the quality....but the only way to find out is to try each batch yourself!! Good luck if you make more, I like them better than tincture.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Slowandeasy - Well, I am at it again today. In hopes to finding the perfect BHO pill I thought I would throw some concerns out on the table. When i am making my oil I have a large pot that is full of cooking oil. Then I have a pyrex measuring cup that I keep the MCT oil in. The pyrex never hits the side or the bottom of the pan holding the cooking oil, to ensure a constant temp. Now here comes the questions. When taking the temps I take the temp from the cooking oil. I make sure the temp says 250 for 30 min. My question is, is my MCT oil actually 250 at this point, or is it a bit cooler? Should I keep a lid on the pyrex to help even out the temps? Should I get a different thermometer and take readings from the MCT oil? Just trying to get as exact as possible. Have you ever thought about sticking just the MCT oil into the oven with an oven thermometer? This run I will be putting an ounce of BHO in so my MCT oil will be higher, which might help.

Thanks again for all your help.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Slowandeasy - Well, I am at it again today. In hopes to finding the perfect BHO pill I thought I would throw some concerns out on the table. When i am making my oil I have a large pot that is full of cooking oil. Then I have a pyrex measuring cup that I keep the MCT oil in. The pyrex never hits the side or the bottom of the pan holding the cooking oil, to ensure a constant temp. Now here comes the questions. When taking the temps I take the temp from the cooking oil. I make sure the temp says 250 for 30 min. My question is, is my MCT oil actually 250 at this point, or is it a bit cooler? Should I keep a lid on the pyrex to help even out the temps? Should I get a different thermometer and take readings from the MCT oil? Just trying to get as exact as possible. Have you ever thought about sticking just the MCT oil into the oven with an oven thermometer? This run I will be putting an ounce of BHO in so my MCT oil will be higher, which might help.

Thanks again for all your help.

That could be why your last batch was not as potent as it should be Bullfrog. I measure the MCT oil temps, not the cooking oil. I use my thermometer to stir the MCT oil and keep a close eye on the temps. Keep the MCT oil mix 250 F for 30-40 min. I would not use an oven, they are not as accurate....but you could if you knew the temps were good. The whole point is to get the MCT/BHO mixture heated properly, the cooking oil will be hotter than 250....to get the MCT oil hot enough. Good luck!!

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Sweet. I held off on doing this until I read your reply and I am glad I did. The times before I was using too little oil to measure the temps. This time I will up the MCT oil and take reading strait from the MCT oil. Thanks again Slowandeasy.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Sweet. I held off on doing this until I read your reply and I am glad I did. The times before I was using too little oil to measure the temps. This time I will up the MCT oil and take reading strait from the MCT oil. Thanks again Slowandeasy.

use a smaller jar to heat up the MCT oil, and tilt it to one side if there is not enough MCT oil.