What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

I just mad 50 caps with 10 ml of oil and 1gram of bho.

How do I figure out how many mg of bho in each pill?

some please help my patience need to know how much are in each pill ive searched the net for days. I cant seem to figure out the formula?

Whats the formula to figure out how many mg of bho are in each cap?

It's pretty easy actually.
You have spread 1 gram of bho out over fifty pills.
So... 1 divided by 50
1/50=.02
That is .02 grams BHO per pill
.02 is 20mg
You have 20mg per pill.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
So... 1 divided by 50
1/50=.02
.02 is 20mg
You have 20mg per pill.
You have to account for the % of Cannanaboids that you started with. I use 75% as an average when I am running my mixture. Usually I am using darker, unmarketable BHO, that ranges from 75-90%.

Yeah...agreed.
So... 20mg * 75% = 15mg THC and cannabinoids per pill. I'd probably start with 4 or 5 pills as a dose. Your results will vary.

So... 1 divided by 50
1/50=.02
.02 is 20mg
You have 20mg per pill.

Doh. I new it was simple. Thanks a bunch.
Me and numbers just don't get along.

So if there's 1000 mg in a gram I could divide the 1000 mg by however many pills I make. And the amount on MCT/coconut oil used doesn't factor into the equation?
I think I got it. Thankss.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Awesome thread! I just read the whole thing, and I'm excited to try it. I recently ran my trim that has accumulated over the last year. Being trim, and somewhat old, the bho turned out kind of dark and waxy. Not the golden clear shatter that people really want. I know I could clean it up a little, but this sounds like a better use for it. If making these caps, would there be any reason to bother with winterizing? I would think eating a few extra mgs of plant waxes would hurt. And there's probably some stuff in there that is actually therapeutic. Maybe not when smoked, but this is a little different.

Would the approximate dosage range be the same if using a high cbd strain? From reading this thread, it looks like the starting threshold dose for standard high thc bho is in the 20-50mg range. And the high tolerance, super wasted dose could be as high as 200-300mg.
So could we assume that the ranges would be similar for high cbd caps? I realize they wouldn't get you high, but I'm talking about whatever medicinal effects you might get. Like: muscle relaxation, anxiety relief, etc.
I'm not talking about curing cancer, or stopping epilepsy. I'm guessing the cbd dosage for those things is much higher.

Miraculous Meds

Testing a batch with soy lecithin. Will report my observations with the addition. Im very familiar with the dose I took without soy lecithin, so I should notice if there is a significant difference.

@ Gill, have u tested with cbd quantities yet? Im curious to know how they effected u, and at what strength.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Testing a batch with soy lecithin. Will report my observations with the addition. Im very familiar with the dose I took without soy lecithin, so I should notice if there is a significant difference.

@ Gill, have u tested with cbd quantities yet? Im curious to know how they effected u, and at what strength.
Unfortunately not. I live in of those southern states, where the Devils weed still makes people go insane and makes your daughters have sex with other races. I don't really have any connections for clones. I keep to myself in the "real world". I really do want to try a high cbd. I have some symptoms that I think it would help. I'm in a place in my life that I can't really get blasted and go to work, or take my kids to soccer. I like the idea of getting some relief without getting high. I save the thc for late at night, when everyone is asleep.
Another member has said something about hooking me up, but it's been a while so I'm thinking he forgot. I dint want to be the annoying guy asking strangers for cuts. One of these days....

Miraculous Meds

Unfortunately not. I live in of those southern states, where the Devils weed still makes people go insane and makes your daughters have sex with other races. I don't really have any connections for clones. I keep to myself in the "real world". I really do want to try a high cbd. I have some symptoms that I think it would help. I'm in a place in my life that I can't really get blasted and go to work, or take my kids to soccer. I like the idea of getting some relief without getting high. I save the thc for late at night, when everyone is asleep.
Another member has said something about hooking me up, but it's been a while so I'm thinking he forgot. I dint want to be the annoying guy asking strangers for cuts. One of these days....

Momma says I aint sposed to smoke that devil weed! Reminds me of the water boy. I think we could be neighbors, lol...

Well my first impression of adding the lecithin is that it makes the effect feel stronger. Its hard to put a number on it, but for arguments sake, maybe 25 to 30% stronger effect. I should say that I changed from straight coconut oil to mct, so I guess that could be contributing as well.

av8or

Momma says I aint sposed to smoke that devil weed! Reminds me of the water boy. I think we could be neighbors, lol...

Well my first impression of adding the lecithin is that it makes the effect feel stronger. Its hard to put a number on it, but for arguments sake, maybe 25 to 30% stronger effect. I should say that I changed from straight coconut oil to mct, so I guess that could be contributing as well.

Hey bud, how many ml of lecithin are you adding per gram of bho?

Miraculous Meds

It was my first experience adding lecithin. I don't really have any basis to go on.

I used about 4 ml, cause a decent % of the teaspoon stayed too thick to come out of the teaspoon. this batch only had 5 grams of bho. But I used a lot of mct oil to make a small dosage. About 110ml of mct oil.

Basically im looking at it from a perspective of amount of lecithin compared to the total volume of what ur mixing it in. So I used a ratio of 5ml lecithin to 115ml of other ingredients.

I don't know if this is right or wrong. just a starting point for me.

I will probably try 10 ml in 110ml of ingredients next time. Probably with 10g bho. That ratio will give me about 300, 0 caps, at about 20mg thc, or 150, 00 caps at 40mg thc.

thanks for the recipe! love these things

picture.php

papabeer

Made quite a few using this recipe at a variety of mg. Dosages and strains, with 50mg. Congo (pure sativa) being a favourite of mine. One tip I could offer is to leave a dip in the pill casing you're filling (rather than fill it so full there's a bubble above the edge) as well as making sure you have no liquid on the outside of that filled half before you cap it, or you might have issues with leakage. Other than that I've had no trouble and rave reviews from patients. And with darker material, just make a lower mg. dosage and the finished colour can still be pleasing to the eye. Thanks Slowandeasy for the recipe and ongoing help for us all.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread, made two batches of caps so far. Both came out great. Caps are my new favorite method of ingesting cannabis for sure. I absolutely love them!!!

slowandeasy

Veteran
Followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread, made two batches of caps so far. Both came out great. Caps are my new favorite method of ingesting cannabis for sure. I absolutely love them!!!

I am glad that you like them! Just be careful with dosage. If done right, it can be overwhelming at times..even on seasoned users.

I have not made pills in a quite qwhile, not making BHO as often as before..been making Rosin. Soy Letchtin or Bioprene can also help increase effects and how fat it hit you. I add the letchitin to the mix while it decarbs. Or just take a biporene capsule with your BHO PILL. Good luck, enjoy!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I am glad that you like them! Just be careful with dosage. If done right, it can be overwhelming at times..even on seasoned users.

I have not made pills in a quite qwhile, not making BHO as often as before..been making Rosin. Soy Letchtin or Bioprene can also help increase effects and how fat it hit you. I add the letchitin to the mix while it decarbs. Or just take a biporene capsule with your BHO PILL. Good luck, enjoy!

Going to make these today with MTC oil....

I have a super high tolerance(eat 800mg edibles on the regular), so im worried about the amount of MTC oil in three to four caps...

That amount of MTC will open the flood gate of shit nirvana.....

Maybe cut the MTC oil with coconut oil to minimize the time im sitting on the toilet? Would that work?

Miraculous Meds

Going to make these today with MTC oil....

I have a super high tolerance(eat 800mg edibles on the regular), so im worried about the amount of MTC oil in three to four caps...

That amount of MTC will open the flood gate of shit nirvana.....

Maybe cut the MTC oil with coconut oil to minimize the time im sitting on the toilet? Would that work?

Coconut oil will be fine, but wouldn't it be about the same response, or does mct act more as a laxative?

Also I like the 0 caps, cause they are smaller. I find that I can fill about 7.5 0 caps per 5ml. So if u make a 50/50 concentrate, of mct/thc, u can get about 600mg in a 0 cap, or 300mg of thc concentrate. So it would only take u 3 pills to get 800 to 900mg. So u would only be getting 900mg of mct, or less than a ml, or a 1/5 of a teaspoon.

I take a tbsp. of mct with my coffee sometimes, n that can cause some mushy poops, but that's 15 times the dosage.

And my god, 800mg. That's a shit ton. I can take around 60mg, and feel like I just smoked a joint. A couple hundred mg and even the most experienced smokers are turning white n praying to their god of choice. But I know tolerances play a big role. And Ive noticed that people that take opiates for pain relief, seem to be able to handle higher doses.

Latest posts

Latest posts