What's new

Between Sun and Moon HPS/LED comparison grow.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
hazy that is a great thread!! i love the show thx so mutch for sharing!!

i would say the led are super!! 200w differents and the led packs on real good!! Say some report from saN ny and must say led makes some frosty nugz!! also the smell is(what i read) much deeper!!

tagged!!

Zealious

HPS looks heavier but LED is producing noticably denser buds.. Also is that stalk on the led side like 2x bigger then the hps one?

Keep up the great work haze. thanks

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great pics, at half the wattage the LED's are looking to be pretty close.

VG

hazy

Veteran
Just an observation:
These sour diesels are both looking good. The one under the 400 looks amazing. Usually in my grows(perpetual style) when I flip a plant, it goes in under the 400, and everything that was in the middle gets pushed to the side. This grow, it has been able to stay under the light all the way, and has made bigger buds than I've seen from it so far.
As far as the density thing goes, I've squeezed the buds a little more than I would normally ever do, and the hps buds are much airier feeling than the leds. Airy, may not be the right word, but much less dense. Still to be seen whether the next couple weeks makes the gap close. The hps sd is much bigger overall though.
Here's a few more shots of the SD, then a nice sort of close up side by side shot of part of the two plants close together so you can see the buds right next to each other.

another observation. LEDgirl and some others have pointed out the darker green leaves on the led side. True. And in this last set of updates, you'll see that as the SD under the hps is doing the normal turning fall colors thing as we lean towards the finish, while the led, not so much.

Sour Diesel
hps/led

hps/led

both plants right next to each other. hps on left, led on right

Last edited:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Damn! I must be tripping for some reason for the last couple weeks of this thread I totally forgot the LED was 205w!!! The LED in this respect is absolutely painting the town red! Ok, maybe purple'ish, with red blue hues :D

The buds definitely look bigger and longer on the HPS but I am very very eager to see just how much more is there, considering that you are running half the watts. Could you save me a little tracking back and tell how high each light is above the respective plants.

Thanks again Hazy! Probably the bets LED thread I have encountered thus far :)

LEDGirl

Veteran
i would say the led are super!! 200w differents and the led packs on real good!! Say some report from saN ny and must say led makes some frosty nugz!! also the smell is(what i read) much deeper!!!

The 205W draws about 190W of power, ~180W of which is used to create light. A 400W HPS draws about 440W of power to illuminate a 400W bulb. So the consumption difference between the two units is about 250W, or about a 57% difference in power. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw that out there :)

By the way, GREAT JOB HAZY. Loving this test.

hazy

Veteran
:thank you:
Quick Easter update.
These are last weeks Sugar Shack buds at day 48. This baby is ready any day.

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

close together:

I'm looking forward to the dry weight results, I don't believe anybody can gauge density and especially thc content (lol) by photos.

If you are in a med state it would be awesome to have a real lab analysis of cannabinoids content and ratios.

Excellent thread!

Yonetic

:tiphat:

Nice Thread, have fun with your harvest ;)

Would be nice, if you can write a little Smokereport, if there is any diffrence :)

Sorry for my english :kos:

Greatings :wave:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Great work so far Hazy. I'm very excited to see the dry weights between the two light systems. Thanks again for doing this comparison :tiphat:

-Funk

hazy

Veteran
:tiphat:

Here's some pics from last Wed. of the C4.

the hps Chem4 has completely outgrown the led, still the led Chem4 holds it's own and has nice buds too. These two were from 3 cuts taken at the same time. the other is twice the size of the hps plant here. crazy different growth rates for being triplets.​

very nice hazy! I am looking forward to the final weigh in, that will be a big factor I do believe.

Keep up the great work everything looks awesome man!

peace, sg

hazy

Veteran
OK now for budshots.

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

this c99, while not part of the test is under the 400

this is the c4 and ss under the led

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Great thread hazy. I wonder how much closer you could get the LEDs to the tops, but that is another experiment :)

Latest posts

Latest posts