What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Between Sun and Moon HPS/LED comparison grow.

hazy

Veteran
Day 39 3-25

Day 39 3-25

OK, here's the Sugar Shack from the same day as the SD I showed you in my last post.

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hps/led

hazy

Veteran

Thought some of you guys would like to see a nice SS bud growing under an led - full size.​

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Very nice hazy bro, great work with your comparison shots. Your green thumb is very green.

Peace an Respect

LEDGirl

Veteran
So far there are 3 things I can gather from the photos (but only Hazy knows for certain):

1) The LED's are producer colas with more density (more compact stature)

Density.jpg

2) LED's are producing some plants that appear darker green overall

Color.jpg

3) The THC content under LED is noticeably better than that under HID.

Quality.jpg

apollonio

the THC content cannot be measured by a picture! but i had also noticed that the LED plants seems to have more trichomes then the HPS ones..

great job with the pics hazy! keep up the great work!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice work on both sides hazy,this must be a tougher than average grow to pull off and everything is looking green and lovely.
can you give us some rough idea of the difference in watering and nute use of both sides?

hazy

Veteran
Hey guys, the nutes are
GH flora
7.5 ml hardwater micro
12-15 ml bloom
7.5 ml floranectar fruitnfusion (for the Mg,
S and K)
2.5 ml SM90 (the secret ingredient to healthy roots)

The SD on the HPS side drinks a couple ounces more a night. I give both C4s the same.(16 oz every day for the C4 and SD) The SS on both sides take less, but not sure how much.

Hey Unc, about the work for the grow and to put up pics for this thread:

The divider is a pain to work around. Mainly because I have PM(you'll see the pm scars in the next pics) and have to turn around each plant(except the c4, seems to be immune) every few days to spray Greencure.

Last update i took 75 pics. Then I load them onto the computer and go through them and get rid of blurry ones and sucky ones. I give them a group name like 3-25 or whatever the date is. Now time to go through and rename them all with the strain and whether LED or HPS. Then I open them up in PhotoShop for resizing and possible cropping. Sometimes I make adjustments to curves or brightness. Resize to 800 x 600 and save as jpegs to a new folder. Gotta keep each set of pics separate to have a chance of being organized enough. Then I have to go through them and pick which ones to put up. Then I try to upload them in order so they're easier to find the right ones as I'm posting.
It takes a couple hours to do it all. At least.

Tomorrow, expect a full blown update. You guys will be sick of my pics. I expect to take at least 100-150 pics to try to come up with enough good ones for the DAY 48 update.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey hazy its looking good - the LED seems to be standing up to the competition so far from the pics. im gagging to get mine going - should be starting tomorrow ;)

stay safe mate

VG

hazy

Veteran
DAY 48

DAY 48

Great VG, can't wait to see you get started. Blaze's thread's moving along, hey, anyone see opt1c around? He should be getting a thread going too.

Took a ton of pics.

I really don't think anyone wants to see that many pics though, so I'll put up a few and if you guys want more let know. Well, maybe I should just put them all up. So many bud shots, and I know some peeps want to see some details.

Here's some side by sides of the Sour Diesel. we're at 48 days in the pics. I'm going to drop down nute levels starting tonight. Time to flush coming up fast. This SD is going to go 60-62 days. I've gone longer, but it's not enough better to wait for.

Sour Diesel
hps on the left/led on the right​

this pic was flipped horizontally, so I could keep the hps on the left thing going

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have my 205w sitting in a box waiting for me to move.

Thank You again Hazy for doing all this for us:respect:

Both sides look great! nice grow as well! please more pics!!!:jump::jump:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Great VG, can't wait to see you get started. Blaze's thread's moving along, hey, anyone see opt1c around? He should be getting a thread going too.

Took a ton of pics.

I really don't think anyone wants to see that many pics though, so I'll put up a few and if you guys want more let know. Well, maybe I should just put them all up. So many bud shots, and I know some peeps want to see some details.

Here's some side by sides of the Sour Diesel. we're at 48 days in the pics. I'm going to drop down nute levels starting tonight. Time to flush coming up fast. This SD is going to go 60-62 days. I've gone longer, but it's not enough better to wait for.

Judging from the pictures it appears the HID side is winning, The buds seem a little longer and slightly larger.

Sour Diesel
hps on the left/led on the right​

this pic was flipped horizontally, so I could keep the hps on the left thing going

Judging from the pictures it appears the HID side is winning, The buds seem a little longer and slightly larger.Looks good still around waiting for the end results. Looks like is producing comparable results none the less.

Been lurking on this one for a few, thanks for doing the comparison Hazy! Have to say the led's are looking good, the flower heads are really blocky and dense looking,:good:

hazy

Veteran
so true Blaze.

welcome dub, again, so true.

Ok a few more Sour Diesel pics. Some bud shots. I've got lots more, but I'm tired and have to work tomorrow. I'll finish this update tomorrow night hopefully.

HPS/LED

HPS/LED

HPS/LED

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Great comparison photos hazy, I must agree the HPS side is in front but not by much, the LED is definately no slouch.

Peace an Respect

Turtle Lord

agreed great comparison pics. I just hope the comparison weight comes through...I've been pulling for LEDs for a long time, they just haven't done what we all want them to yet.

Looks like you're getting really close though Hazy. Great grow, great pics. +rep

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
nice this is undoubted the best comparison on this subject ive ever seen. great work hazy !!!

Looks like Hps by a nose so far but looks can be deceiving .. i cant wait for he weight in

Latest posts

Latest posts