What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vaporizers on the market today?

there are forms of cellulose bags which could be constructed and used for safety. These could be ideal and MUCH healthier, rather than to heat any plastics. I just looked at the volcano website and it didn`t take long to look away...

Sóley

When people have a low post count and come in suggesting a product by name some might see that as advertising or whatever,I didn't want to come across that way.

I wish vxl would drop there prices, everyone should know whats up with quality cannabinoid extraction. I don't think it will be to long until we start seeing a real shift in quality and efficiency of vaporizers. So far its probably easier to be unimpressed with vaping with some many 'meh' options. The major suggestions for desktop vapes are ok (azier, volcano,ssv) but there all old technology .

I hope Vapexhale continue to grow as a company, really impressive.

T

Truthman

When people have a low post count and come in suggesting a product by name some might see that as advertising or whatever,I didn't want to come across that way.

I wish vxl would drop there prices, everyone should know whats up with quality cannabinoid extraction. I don't think it will be to long until we start seeing a real shift in quality and efficiency of vaporizers. So far its probably easier to be unimpressed with vaping with some many 'meh' options. The major suggestions for desktop vapes are ok (azier, volcano,ssv) but there all old technology .

I hope Vapexhale continue to grow as a company, really impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I think the vapexhale is cool, but it's not "new" technology. The thing that sets it apart from other vaporizers is you can inhale at a fast speed to give bong like hits, and it's all glass in the air pathway, besides the metals screen, but that is it. All vaporizers are essentially the same in their technology of heating air, it's just some hold their heater temperature better then others. The Aromed is the only vaporizer that I know of that measures the temperature of the AIR, and works to keep that stable providing a fast and precise temperature extraction, as long as you follow the instructions to keep everything consistent, which is very easy. Other vaporizers heat some type of element which in turn heats the air as you inhale, or force air through the heater like a volcano.

The volcano digital is also another one that is good because it keeps the temperature within a +/-2 degree Celsius range, and the airflow is consistent so you know what you will be getting allowing for a consistent effect each time you use it. It uses an air pump instead of a fan like the arizer eq so you know what temperatures your working with which is why I think it's better then the eq. With the eq the fan can cool off some of the heated air, that's why the temperature on the display isn't the actual temperature. That in other things like the small heater, and it's distance from the bowl. The plastic bags aren't effected by the heat because the vapor is cooled off enough by the time it hits the bags' walls, so i don't see any harm in using the bags.

For bong like hits, and you don't really care about actual temperatures, the vapexhale is the BEST. It's heater stays consistent regardless of how hard you inhale. Also, the way the bowl is designed, it allows for good extraction at such high speeds, but a lot of air mixes with the vapor, so it depends on what you feel is important in your vaporizing sessions, and how you vaporize.

Sóley

I agree. I think one of the most impressive feature the cloud has is it's heater and glass pathway. Though it is new and $$, i think over time it will become as well appreciated as the ssv - maybe not though, that would be a big feat.

I am a bit divided - actually, or just confused . I think. I come off as a snob but really I am just opinionated and stoned. bit silly

I think if I where to get a vaporizer for a first timer - lsv-ssv would probably be the best choice imo, the Eq is good too, the only slight downside I've come up with is I don't like how the air path goes pass the electronics, I do like the elbs and you can use those in the ssv too. Though I suggest getting a water filter preferably with diffusion no matter the choice.

I really can't stand smoking. Not too fammilar with dabbing but feel its more about getting high than it is getting medicated even among the medical community -. 710

Sóley

One more thing I'd suggest if your using the EQ, don't leave the elbow and tubing on the tower for long periods of time; the tubing will begin to degas and harden. I think you could even get a ssv grounded glass wand and use that as the elbow inserting it into the cyclone- There are allot of different variations to play around with

spaceboy

I didnt like my volcano and just recently sold it. I usually set it to 6, but I felt like the taste of the vape overshadowed the taste of the flowers. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Sóley

Taste of the vape ? I think it might have been stuff from the factory- eventually any odor residue should wear off in -

What price range are you looking for - are you set on bags or would you like whip and water filter setup maybe. Possibly you should try to get your volcano back, all of that stuff is oil from the machining process I believe.

spaceboy

Yea everyone else seemed to love it, but the taste of the vapor itself was what I didnt like. I thought maybe by now there would be something else that would give a less vapey flavor and pick up on just the herb a little more.

I could have been doing it wrong, but usually heated up to 5.5-6ish. It definitely got me nicely baked though.

Whats this water filtration you speak of?

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
The Arizer Extreme Q is the only vaporizer I've ever used/owned and it has done me wonders with not smoking my herbs, I highly recommend it as a first time user vape :good:
If I had the money to blow I would get a Volcano but could only afford the Extreme Q and have no desire to get another vape because the EQ absolutely rocks my world :D
Well worth the small investment ;)

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
hey spaceboy. that is my problem with bags too, the best part about vaping IMO is the taste of a fresh hit, and with a bag it mixes what would be super tasty vapor with not so tasty vapor and you get a mediocre tasting hit. when I use the bag in my EQ I like to use a lot of weed, then only fill up the first bag half way then it is pretty tasty. depends on the weed though too if you have super strong tasting kush or something that has ridiculous flavour then bags will be ok tasting, still not as good as would be fresh hit from whip though

Sóley

You can use a water pipe essentially on any vaporizer- Its something you may want to get into after vaping for some time. Its kind of a personal preference but cools down the vapor, and if you have one with just the right diffusion it makes for a nice even vapor cloudy vapor hit instead of thick cigar smoke like vapor. Its just a step further to having a cleaner and healthier toke, though you can always switch it up.

My first was a eq and that was nice, tho ssv-lsv are well and versatile too.

Mr_Pat

I just bought the BEST Vaporizer in the market last week!!! The Pax by Ploom! http://www.ploom.com/pax

I will never go with out one of these again. Besides having 3 temp settings( I NEVER use the highest. I just start off low for the first few times around then turn it up for the rest. You can smoke out of it on high, but whats the point. it also has an auto time out so you dont waist the battery, it has a 10 year warranty.

If you are looking for the best vape and have the $$ to burn than you have to try the PAX

vapedg13

Veteran
I just bought the BEST Vaporizer in the market last week!!! The Pax by Ploom! http://www.ploom.com/pax

I will never go with out one of these again. Besides having 3 temp settings( I NEVER use the highest. I just start off low for the first few times around then turn it up for the rest. You can smoke out of it on high, but whats the point. it also has an auto time out so you dont waist the battery, it has a 10 year warranty.

If you are looking for the best vape and have the $$ to burn than you have to try the PAX

Personally I didnt like the pax the mouthpice likes to stick over time that is the on off switch too so

Bought it off ebay for 175 sold it on ebay for 195 :).... NEXT

I will stick to my Volcanos :)

Jim Jam

Arizer Solo

Arizer Solo

Arizer Solo had it 5 months first one, Its much better for the lungs and I'm saving a lot of pot that's not going up in smoke. It's had a couple of times when it didn't want to charge, but it has always started working after a day or two. There's a three year warrenty so I'm holding out until it breaks permanently.

R

recent guest

After owning a hot box and then a volcano, I can honestly say that my new (2 days old) eclipse vape is the best of the three. It functions essentially like a freebase (crack) pipe, or an advanced light bulb vape. Really solid construction, all metal with a carrying case. I throw it in the tool box of my truck, thats how durable it is. The added bonus is that it looks like some kind of wrench or something when the vial (heating chamber) is not screwed in. The downside is that I think it will become clogged with resin eventually and be very difficult to clean.

b8man

Veteran
The Storz and Bickel Plenty is really nice! If the volcano offers too light a buzz and you have lots of weed to spare then i heartily endorse the Plenty. Hits like a bong, looks like a powerdrill and perfect for getting enough weed into your system to see you through the night (medication, insomnia). The first time i've had weed hangovers from a vape.

Volcano is still my daytime fave, Iolite my portable of choice.