What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vaporizers on the market today?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I haven;t tried the ones I see outlined above, so it is diifficult to say for sure..

But, in my experience, including the boxes and the hand held models, nothing compares with the Volcano.

Quick story: Seasoned Head, Iron Lungs, next door neighbor, said: "Ahhhh Vaporizers do not get me high...!" I fired up the volcano on setting 4, and he took One large hit (aided by me squeezing the bag lightly) and promptly leaned over and fell off the couch hitting his head on carpet. Looked up and said, "Whoa..>!"

It really works where others do not deliver a good stone.

BudToker

Veteran
Volcano!
Volcano_Vaporizer_Analog.png

-BT :smokeit:

Most of your mid to high end gear will 'work'

Extreme q is cool if you wanna smoke alone, bag is a letdown once you've used volcano, tubing is for 1-hitter type smoking if you're into that, not a group activity. Don't get too high you may lose or break something

Volcano is solid, group activity, and the best

Silver surfer is solid, easy op, larger hits and dummy proof design.

Plenty is for big draws and real easy to pass around. Solid design although different.

Just stay away from the cheapest and the eq. Had both and had to buy papers. Everything else should have acceptable or exceptional value.

baf

Vape-pro

I second the Vriptech heat wand . vapor bong rips , no other comparison really. Or a ceramic core heat gun with the volcano parts works really well too as a cheaper volcano alternative.

rangergord

I love my herbal aire. It has a bag that I rarely use. Works great to test my herb before it is harvested or dry. If the buds are good in the vape they are good to harvest. Adjustable temperature, durable construction, and a long cord. I know the volcano is good but I still don't want one. It is noisy, expensive, takes half a gram of herb to load it. No interest in group vaping so the bag is really not practical. The fact is though I do not use my vape full time. I use it when travelling, in hotel rooms etc. But for everyday use it has two major drawbacks. It is not very portable. It does not work properly with cheap inverters. So if portability is important to you, choose a more appropriate model. Second vaping takes TIME. If you are in a hurry a pipe, or a bong wins the race every time. When portable vaporizers designs reach an engineering plateau I may get one.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Volcano uses aluminum parts in the the hot air pathway. Heating and inhaling aluminum can result in Alzheimers..

Arizer Solo ftw

honeyoil

If I could afford it, I would get the Volcano. For my money, the Magic Flight Launch Box with the Power adapter accessory works great for vaping weed. I keep it plugged in at my desk. Very effective and economical for individual vaping.

For oil, I use the Omicron.

I would suggest something which keeps the air moving. Those fuckn volcanos with the plastic bag and high price tag, fuck that. lol... I don't smoke from plastic... or ANYTHING made with plastic.

I smoke my own homemade hash, bro. 95%+ THC, beats vap anyday!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
The tubing that came with my Arizer Extreme Q is not bad or smelling of plastics or anything like that. It is even marked as medical grade from place to place on a side.
Maybe some of you got OEM accesories, which I've heard that can be bad quality.
I'm very happy with my Arizer, I agree that the glass bowl can be broken easy, but not if you handle it with care and clean it from time to time so it doesn't get stuck with the elbow inside. (that's how I broke mine, by trying to get them apart when they were fused with resin)
besides that, the silver shine on the buttons faded away a bit on the margins, if you care about it's looks use only the remote. that's no biggie for me, as I bought it to use it and not as a display piece. been using it for hundreds of hours over the last 2 or so years. and I still belive it's a great product which gives a good value for the money.

even medical grade plastics are not meant to be heated.

edit:
I`m sure some are better than others but we need the general approach of caution in a capitalist economy. It is HIGHLY likely someone would rather sell you something than to worry about it`s health concern. ;)

I`m a naturalist in a technical world but I function appropriately between the two.

Sóley

There exists a vaporizer that rules over all other vaporizers, thought I don't want to name it.
If your really looking, you'll find it.

Latest posts

Latest posts