What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Strain for that fruity fruity taste?

I love berries and sweet smokes myself. The bestest yummiest I had was a Dutch passion strawberry cough....back in like 08 or 09. It was a very consistent pheno for like 5 years. I miss it. I'm trying all new ones...Fruit Punch, Blue Dream, super lemon haze, nebula, cookies n cream, purple trainwreck and pineapple chunk.

Have you found one yet that replaces it?

And to castroman. Any feminized seed recommendations you can make? Thanks much everyone for your input

oti$

I have a "collegue" who runs subcool or tga exclusively and all his stuff it's week. Bags look pretty and flavor is good but no potency. Jilly, querkle & cheese quake are the ones I've tried. For me, galactic grape from carpe diem is my favorite fruit. Grape jolly rancher with a nice og on the back end for the flavor and strong sweet grape smell with potency and bag appeal to boot....also yields like nothing else. Winner. A good c-99 is Also a favorite of mine. I'm currently running a strawberry diesel kush by fractal. Nice strawberry fuel flav and also potent. This one also has bag appeal and decent yield.

Castroman

And to castroman. Any feminized seed recommendations you can make? Thanks much everyone for your input

I would say get the "SexBud" from FemaleSeeds.NL, which is actually a reworked Cinderella 99 selected for the pineapple and grapefruit phenos, so it is very fruity but also very potent and good yielding. So if you can get past the cheesy name, you are getting a C99 selected for fruityness at the bargain price of € 17,50 for 4 feminized seeds (great deal!) so you can't go wrong. And if lemon qualifies for you as "fruity" you can also get Lemon Kush from FMS as well at the insanely low price of € 9,00 for 4 feminized seeds (even if it's only to get the most out of the 7 bucks or so you'll pay for shipping). As a side project you could cross the two, I have a strong suspicion a Lemon Kush x C99 would be an excellent combination and a true F1 (rare this days) to boot, since both parents are true breeding. Also note that FemaleSeedsNL is a reputable company (either related or fully owned by Gypsy Nirvana) as FMS' Ferry was actually the guy making C99 F2s seeds for Gypsy from authentic Bros. Grimm stock (which only Heaven's Stairway and Nirvana carried).

Last edited:

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Thank you for your honest opinion about Subcool's gear. Surprised that even the highly touted (by some) Jack the Ripper was not potent enough. I would love your recommendation for strains that you can call top shelf, what are you keepers?

The JTR was indeed the best of what I saw, but even that didn't cut it for me...it was just 'ok'.

'My keepers' include my favourite of all, a fantastic SSSC Northern Lights (circa '89), also a gorgeous Burmese from VISC, 'old style' Kali Mist (Serious), Lavender (Soma), SFV Double OG (Elite Genetics), Romulan (Federation). Others that I've regrettable since let go or lost over the years were Durban Poison (Nirvana), Jack Herer (Sensi), SSH and Mango Haze (MNS)...

Peace brutha
BM

Croissant

The JTR was indeed the best of what I saw, but even that didn't cut it for me...it was just 'ok'.

'My keepers' include my favourite of all, a fantastic SSSC Northern Lights (circa '89), also a gorgeous Burmese from VISC, 'old style' Kali Mist (Serious), Lavender (Soma), SFV Double OG (Elite Genetics), Romulan (Federation). Others that I've regrettable since let go or lost over the years were Durban Poison (Nirvana), Jack Herer (Sensi), SSH and Mango Haze (MNS)...

Peace brutha
BM

budman what can you tell me about that visc Burmese?

Bud_Man10

Veteran
She's a winner! Very easy plant to grow (indoors or out) and great yielder. Looks and grows like an indica but pretty well full on sativa. One of my favourite wake and bake smokes, just gets my day started on the right foot. Nice clear, energetic high with a lovely taste (exotic hashy tropical fruit). I can see why they used it in a lot of their crosses.

Peace
BM

Attachments

• Burm_1.jpg
    Burm_1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Burm_2.jpg
    Burm_2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Burm_3.jpg
    Burm_3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 11
  • Burm_4.jpg
    Burm_4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Burm_5.jpg
    Burm_5.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Burm_7.jpg
    Burm_7.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Burm_6.jpg
    Burm_6.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Forgot to give honourable mention to a great Sensi Star in my previous post. I held onto her for 4-5 years but lost it to circumstances beyond my control. Still have 6 seeds to sift through yet though...fingers crossed!

Peace
BM

I would say get the "SexBud" from FemaleSeeds.NL, which is actually a reworked Cinderella 99 selected for the pineapple and grapefruit phenos, so it is very fruity but also very potent and good yielding. So if you can get past the cheesy name, you are getting a C99 selected for fruityness at the bargain price of € 17,50 for 4 feminized seeds (great deal!) so you can't go wrong. And if lemon qualifies for you as "fruity" you can also get Lemon Kush from FMS as well at the insanely low price of € 9,00 for 4 feminized seeds (even if it's only to get the most out of the 7 bucks or so you'll pay for shipping). As a side project you could cross the two, I have a strong suspicion a Lemon Kush x C99 would be an excellent combination and a true F1 (rare this days) to boot, since both parents are true breeding. Also note that FemaleSeedsNL is a reputable company (either related or fully owned by Gypsy Nirvana) as FMS' Ferry was actually the guy making C99 F2s seeds for Gypsy from authentic Bros. Grimm stock (which only Heaven's Stairway and Nirvana carried).
Looked these up and they look super dank but am looking for something more indica. Any suggestions? That sexbud looks good

Also preferably something I can get from herbies

Z

Ziggaro

Sweet Tooth ohh man I miss that stuff.
Thats what I'd be looking for.

Brelva

Looked these up and they look super dank but am looking for something more indica. Any suggestions? That sexbud looks good

I'd look at the House of the Great Gardener's Barbara Bud, Haoma and Rene. Award winning genetics held in high regard among hash makers and all are feminised fruity indica leaners.

Also Connoisseur Genetics Strawberries & Cream fems are worth a look.

Castroman

In that case I'd get Bubblelicious from Nirvana, it gets consistently good reviews (it's their best selling strain on Herbie's) and some phenos taste like fruity bubblegum. If you are new to this I wouldn't spend too much or buy too many seeds at once. Once you are confident in your skill, I would go for a fruity OG like Fruity Pebbles

Last edited:

Castroman

She's a winner! Very easy plant to grow (indoors or out) and great yielder. Looks and grows like an indica but pretty well full on sativa. One of my favourite wake and bake smokes, just gets my day started on the right foot. Nice clear, energetic high with a lovely taste (exotic hashy tropical fruit). I can see why they used it in a lot of their crosses. Peace BM

Wow, that Burmese looks great! High yielding energetic fruity sativa that met with your high standards, great recommendation.

TerpeneDream

Was Spice of Life the original Sweet Tooth?

I had some from Ohio once…It was THE whitest weed I have ever seen. Not hydro-steroid-trics but an incredible about of resin coverage, just everywhere. Had to have been some master grown no doubt, I bet that small cannabis sample I tried had to have been 35%+ thc, based on friggin resin coverage alone!

Anywho, would like to know the original release of Sweat Tooth

Castroman

Which breeder do you recommend brother for that sweet tooth?

You can get the IBL Sweet Tooth from BeanHoarder at H3MPD3P0TCA, it's inexpensive ($39) and has very good reviews.

Here's the description:

Sweet Tooth #3: While not technically an true f2 (more of a first in-cross from a third backcross), but this is a cross of the best 5 ST3 females (chosen from a large pool) and the my best 3 ST3 males. Pure SPG goodness. Squat branchy bush structure, and a heavy yield of dense super sticky buds with intoxicating Grapefruit aroma (duh), great party weed with an fun-filled buzz. An absolute favorite...highly recommended. Indoor flowering 7 weeks

The only problem is your insistence in feminized seeds (which in my opinion are actually less desirable. Regular seeds are better, especially with an IBL that you can make seeds as a backup, to select the phenos you like best, etc.)

litebuzz

Brainzfuxed....Sadly...not exactly. Green love potion has hints. I mean lots are awesome...it was just that one was so distinct and consistent for years. When you opened the jar it smelled like cotton candy.....aaaah. The search goes on. I'm excited to try the new ones!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts