What's new

Best spot in Cali?

gingerale

Veteran
If you were going to move from the South to Cali to participate in the med scene....(yeah yeah)....what's the best spot to settle down? I'm a country boy who doesn't want to be too crowded.....so maybe on the edge of town/suburbs, or a bit out in the country, within easy reach of interesting places? I'm thinking somewhere in Nor Cal for sure. Looking to rent a house with a sizeable garage, or a commercial building.

Haven't decided for sure, just kicking the idea around. I am for sure moving out of my present state which sucks. If I don't move to Cali it would probably be somewhere like Nashville or Chattanooga.

Any input appreciated....(besides negativity)....thanks.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bring a shit load of money...that's just for our gas on average over $4.00 per gallon,...oh and we have No jobs....and we have a debt load as a state that rivals most countries in the WORLD.....yeah come on over..I love buying peeps old growing equipment after they run outta money....no really bro...Cali is kinda fucked up....try Michigan...more jobs and dirt cheap housing. Anf if you think growing weed is gunna pay the bills...bring your A game man cuz their are some really GOOD growers here...actually a LOT of them and their All your competition....and dispo's will beat your prices down like a red headed step child....FYI....almost all my triple a fire doesn't even stay in the state.

Hey aren't you the guy who made styrofoam reflectors in your grow room?

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just dont show up like this

white-trash-repairs-there-i-fixed-it-u-hauls-are-for-losers.jpg

Or try to surf like this

dCarboxyL8

"" I'm a country boy who doesn't want to be too crowded""
sorry bro, If you don't want to feel crowded, cali is not the place.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Bring a shit load of money...that's just for our gas on average over $4.00 per gallon,...oh and we have No jobs....and we have a debt load as a state that rivals most countries in the WORLD.....yeah come on over..I love buying peeps old growing equipment after they run outta money....no really bro...Cali is kinda fucked up....try Michigan...more jobs and dirt cheap housing. Anf if you think growing weed is gunna pay the bills...bring your A game man cuz their are some really GOOD growers here...actually a LOT of them and their All your competition....and dispo's will beat your prices down like a red headed step child....FYI....almost all my triple a fire doesn't even stay in the state.

Hey aren't you the guy who made styrofoam reflectors in your grow room?

I agree on the dirt cheap housing..but there are jobs in MI?
Gas is nearly 4 in the east/mid-west now as well.

Quality talks.. I know a few folks from the mid-west/east that are doing just fine in California. If you can bring it to the table you'll rise above the rest of the schmucks with inferior growing skills/quality.

Its the same across the country...no jobs/ gas is expensive/ inflation running rampant, debt overtaking all, cannabis in demand.

Dont let anyone convince you otherwise.. Give it a SHOT! You'll never know unless you try. If it doesn't work out in CA its not the end of the world... you can always move elsewhere. Dont go out there with a pipe dream... but if your motivated and dedicated to your cause you'll succeed anywhere.

But.. if your looking to be a homeowner you really cannot beat the mid-west. I can pay 30k for what most would pay 250-300k in other parts of the country. Electricity still affordable ta boot.

NPK

You can sharpen your game anywhere. Why not do it in a place where there's less competition and your product is worth more? Very seriously, the economics favor you wherever you are now. My product doesn't stay in California, either. (I'll never call this state "cali".)

As far as I can see, the main advantages offered by California are ready availability of interesting clones and a great climate (assuming you have the space and privacy to take advantage of the outdoors).

All that said, I do love me some Bay Area. If you decide to come, bring your sulphur burner. :tiphat:

S

SeaMaiden

If you were going to move from the South to Cali to participate in the med scene....(yeah yeah)....what's the best spot to settle down? I'm a country boy who doesn't want to be too crowded.....so maybe on the edge of town/suburbs, or a bit out in the country, within easy reach of interesting places? I'm thinking somewhere in Nor Cal for sure. Looking to rent a house with a sizeable garage, or a commercial building.

Haven't decided for sure, just kicking the idea around. I am for sure moving out of my present state which sucks. If I don't move to Cali it would probably be somewhere like Nashville or Chattanooga.

Any input appreciated....(besides negativity)....thanks.
El Centro. Agricultural area with both developed areas and large tracts of land CHEAP.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
arcata area or maybe trindad......so beatiful.

redwoods,good folks,great weed,rare strains to trade........

V

Veg N Out

Whoever said Trinidad need to look @ real estate price..Are you fucking insane? Soooo pricey!! And so Humid! Fuck that

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Santa Cruz is nice if you can afford the cost of housing, theres lots of cool people, great herb, redwood forests and sandy beaches..

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
No whining, just Reality.

It is a Brokers' Lowball Market. Absurd offers continue. Many Growers are barely paying Electric Bills. Brokers have no bills. Some risks, yes...

Bring your "A" game means be wealthy when you arrive... Have a Market in place... Forget the Numbers..... Grow AAA's quality - possibly "Elite" Low-Yielding strains... Be prepared for the ridiculous offers. Forget vending for the Clubs, unless you know somebody and have something VERY special... Use whatever pesticide you feel will do the job - forget the half-life of the Chemicals... Watch out for Broad / Russet mites...!! Pull your plants as early as possible, and be prepared to ship out of state.

I am Half-Joking...

One cannot even begin to describe the Grandeur of the Ocean/Surfing. Hiking, the Flora/Fauna, the amazing skies and sunsets... It is all Glorious, and why I moved out here 20+ years ago... But, it may not be practical anymore compared to opp'tys I have elsewhere.

CA is a Bear at this juncture in history. If your Family owns land, you can perhaps harvest Lumber, build another dwelling you can overcharge for, and you'll be fine, maybe have someone you know set up a decent job for ya...

If you relocate here, and have Disposable Income aplenty, Good on ya, Sincerely. It is gorgeous, with great weather.... !
I don;t blame you..!

But, be Prepared... Folks will be waiting in line to help relieve you of said Cash. Real Estate Agents (aka future lawmakers), Landlords, Hydro Stores, Pacific Greed & Extortion, with their EMR Smart-Meters, Tradesmen, and most other things one needs. Then they will disappear when one is emptied.

In the Severely depressed Economies North of Santa Rosa.

Last edited:

Cartel530

Veteran
ahahahahaha forget the half life of the chemicals and use whatever pesticide you feel will do the job. thanks for the laugh

N

Nondual

Well the OP is banned however Butte county offers inexpensive real estate, great growing weather and some good people to work with. There's a shitload of growing that happens out there.

No whining, just Reality.

It is a Brokers' Lowball Market. Absurd offers continue. Many Growers are barely paying Electric Bills. Brokers have no bills. Some risks, yes...

Bring your "A" game means be wealthy when you arrive... Have a Market in place... Forget the Numbers..... Grow AAA's quality - possibly "Elite" Low-Yielding strains... Be prepared for the ridiculous offers. Forget vending for the Clubs, unless you know somebody and have something VERY special... Use whatever pesticide you feel will do the job - forget the half-life of the Chemicals... Watch out for Broad / Russet mites...!! Pull your plants as early as possible, and be prepared to ship out of state.
Well I do agree that it's critical to grow the best herb you can as that will always stand out. Cali is filled with a lot of outdoor crap. Pulling plants early lowers quality. Watch the quality of stuff that hits the market early while people do that...junk. The 'game' has shifted to light deps/black boxes and for good reason. Some of this through friends I know is coming down in about 2 weeks while the market is strong and will be through the summer. Some I know only do light deps and are done by the time the regular outdoor season starts to finish. Forget about chemical half life? Yuch.

The med market is pretty much saturated at this point. If you get a nice piece of land, grow 36 plants at 5 lbs each, hold out for at least 15 each and there's $270,000 gross. Saw lots of herb this year at 16. It takes a good reserve of cash to go through one season though until you start seeing any return.

As for the broker thing that's laughable. There's a general market price I find no matter where I go. Desperate people dump stuff cheap. They can always say no to any offer. People like to blame others for problems.

If the weather holds up this year expect to see pricing down around 12-13 for quality herb once the market is flooded but it will tick back up so just frikking wait. I've seen all kinds of herb at say 16 at a certain time of the year and maybe only 10-20% of it is worth it.

Latest posts

Latest posts