What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Smell Control Device/Methods.

yts farmer

Veteran
If you use ona gel, you should get the ona refill liquid.

If you have the refil liquid you can then add it to your gel to prolong the life, you can also dilute the liquid with water to use to spray around the house. Guy in the store said i can even use it in glade plug-ins but havent tried that method yet.

Peace.

Junk

Yes ozone is harmfull to plants and humans, the ozone generators i was talking about are mounted inline on the extract for that very reason, wasn't refering to vapourtek plugin types.

Peace.

Yes, you and I are in agreement, I was just using your post to add to my info.

It came across like I was trying to clarify what you said. I wasn't. Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I was trying to piggy back off your info. Those are the only real ozone machines I know of, and like you, i would put it inline with an exhaust to the outside, not in a room with plants. Anyway, switching back to the OP :)....

Co2 is also harmful in large enough doses and we use that in rooms. But the threshold for danger is way higher than people run it. And plants love it where we run it (1200 ppm ish refresh every hour) You would have to be an idiot, or make a really large mistake to harm yourself. You would also notice the room getting abnormally hot.

The o3 has no beneficial place in a room full of plants. It doesn't convert to any appreciable co2 levels (although, I would love to test that now that I can measure it) It would be for smell alone, and for that, I would run the machines output into the exhaust line by cutting a hole in the exhaust line and T-ing into it. Let it scrub the air on the way out. If you do that OP, and your area is sealed well enough, I can't imagine you would have any smell getting outside. The ozone machines are amazing at that.

I don't know the answer for this, someone may feel like looking it up. But one use for them (that I had) is flood cleanup, hoarding cleanup etc. You put the machine in a room that smells, and the O3 will kill it. It's not killing it in the air, it's killing it at the physical source it emirates from. Mold, urine, feces...given a long enough time (a week) it will kill most anything within reason. What is that doing to your plants? Know what I'm saying? There is a reason appreciable O3 is not naturally found where people and plants live.

There is a lot of cool uses for them, they are neat little machines. And they would be awesome in this application. But coming from someone who has used a number of them, in all sorts of applications, I wouldn't put it in the room with the plants.

And I'll shut up about it now...

Last edited:

rootfingers

Phresh makes an inline filter. . .

Use one or, in extreme cases, two of these before your inline ozone generator along with adequate mixing time for the ozone and you will have zero ordor issues. Carbon filter - inline filter - ozone - mix area - exhaust.

Also, the slower the draw over the filter the better. I have my fans turned down as low as they can go and run well sealed rooms other than that small controlled pull.

yts farmer

Veteran
Yes, you and I are in agreement, I was just using your post to add to my info.

It came across like I was trying to clarify what you said. I wasn't. Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I was trying to piggy back off your info. Those are the only real ozone machines I know of, and like you, i would put it inline with an exhaust to the outside, not in a room with plants. Anyway, switching back to op..

Its cool junk, after i posted my response i realised i needn't have bothered.👍

Peace

Junk

That's exactly the "hypothetical" invention I was speaking of. A machine that is producing very little O3. IIRC, my machines were 1000 mg + per hour.

What you linked is about 100x less than that. I didn't know that existed. In theory, I don't think it's a good idea inside the room. But I don't know if that low a level would actually hurt anything, depending on room size and amount of time on.

Everything I've said, is about machines like this...
https://www.ozonesolutions.com/products/Commercial-Ozone-Generators/OUV-1100-HF_UV_Ozone_Generator

Which I would definitely not put in a room with living things. It would need to be T-ed into the exhaust chain and vented outside.

And I realize that HeriMarry is using it outside the room.

I always use filters in middle of rooms.. when I grow diesel i add one outside of the door of grow room. At least a can 100 this works for me im really paranoid after my fans swriched off on carbon filters and 6 horses down people were smelling the air..

Junk

I always use filters in middle of rooms.. when I grow diesel i add one outside of the door of grow room. At least a can 100 this works for me im really paranoid after my fans swriched off on carbon filters and 6 horses down people were smelling the air..

:laughing: 6 Horses is about 45 ft for those who don't know :biggrin:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Yeah Ona spray/gela works well.
I also use them outside the room.
But that's not the product i mentioned.
This is specifically for stinky situations.
Just can't remember the name.

I'll be using a mix of everything mentioned above
Plus anything else i can think of.
:)

Do you mean the Neutralizer Mack ?

https://www.theneutralizer.eu/en/

these work pretty well, claimed to work standalone, but better stuck by your exhaust exit IMO.

As others have said, stick another carbon filter>>>extractor under your table, dumping the cool, filtered air over the plants, as well as the normal use of the filter fans for regular extraction (not just recirculation)

Ozone needs to be downstream, and have a "lung room" .. or space, for the O3 to work its magic

By "downstream" I mean beyond the carbon filter exhaust, Ozone, O3 and Humidity fuck up carbon filters, well wort hremembering ofr maniacs like yourself who insist on living on a rainy rock with nasty invasive laws threatening your grow and your liberty ;)
:tiphat:

Easy7

Veteran
If I was smart I would have a room that is sealed and can exhaust outside in summer and inside in winter. That air scrubbed out into a room in the winter that is scrubbed again. Nothing worse than a knock at the door and you just opened the grow room door to walk in/out. Takes a long time for that little bit to clear out.

It's really like a clean room. Needs that middle area to cleanse air as well. But no rich guy here.

mack 10

Veteran
Do you mean the Neutralizer Mack ?

https://www.theneutralizer.eu/en/

these work pretty well, claimed to work standalone, but better stuck by your exhaust exit IMO.

As others have said, stick another carbon filter>>>extractor under your table, dumping the cool, filtered air over the plants, as well as the normal use of the filter fans for regular extraction (not just recirculation)

Ozone needs to be downstream, and have a "lung room" .. or space, for the O3 to work its magic

By "downstream" I mean beyond the carbon filter exhaust, Ozone, O3 and Humidity fuck up carbon filters, well wort hremembering ofr maniacs like yourself who insist on living on a rainy rock with nasty invasive laws threatening your grow and your liberty ;)

we be crazy argh! (in best pirate voice) soon i'm goona move out to a more hospitable country, Uk's going backwards.

The liquid i was on about is sold in european grow shops.
it adds a molicule to the smell and it falls out,
its prob the same/simular stuff to whats in the neutralizer,at a guess.
let me find that stuff i was on about.

i only mentioned it because a Spanish poster brought it up.
said they been using it for couple of years.

ULMW

I have read the Ona spray and enjoyed using it. I re-used the bottle and cleaned it out. Placed patchuli essential oil and added water. It works just the same grabbing air particles and fusing with the oil in the mist. Temporary fix but good cover up. Rose oil, Lavendar oil , Camphor oil , Cardamon oil all offer good natural affordable air fresheners that also help mask growing or smoking to some degree of success. I like Lavendar or strong Rose as they overpower the air and should people smell the air , flowers like then are not awkward to explain.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
we be crazy argh! (in best pirate voice) soon i'm goona move out to a more hospitable country, Uk's going backwards.

The liquid i was on about is sold in european grow shops.
it adds a molicule to the smell and it falls out,
its prob the same/simular stuff to whats in the neutralizer,at a guess.
let me find that stuff i was on about.

i only mentioned it because a Spanish poster brought it up.
said they been using it for couple of years.

I think you are right, it works the same way

Ona, AFAK, works differently, they have a lot of projects, but i liked the neutraliser plug auto doing idea

yts farmer

Veteran
I think you are right, it works the same way

Ona, AFAK, works differently, they have a lot of projects, but i liked the neutraliser plug auto doing idea

Ona do there own mist dispenser but the refils are quite costly, but not as costly as the neutraliser refils.

Wonder if the neutraliser refils last 60 days like they say on there website.

Wonder if mack10 is going to try it out, initial cost seems to be high, but suppose tou cant put a price on security.

Peace.

St. Phatty

A full run of Cheese will put these to the test,
So must be a fail safe product.

An air compressor would work.

Just compress all the stinky air and drive the tanks out in the countryside - or the nearest gas station - and release it.

As the gas is escaping you say, "Ahhhhhhhhh." :woohoo:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We use an over sized 12 inch boxed exhaust with a huge cann filter and just outside the rooms are one of those Jap Ozone generators that release only enough ozone to cover the smell and not effect any aroma, , apparently can be used inside the room but it's something we have never done,,,,
Basement lighting in Lincs have them for just over a £100 ,beware the powerful ozone gennys hat go inside ducting, peeps lost work for underestimating there power and ending up with hay, ,,,,s2

Dog Star

Veteran
Those Cheese Exodus stinks a lot... thanx God i didnt have more plants and
on manicuring those only one gived so much stink that i become instant paranoid..

checking doors and windows are they closed proper and in the end of trimming
i get a hole apartement is full of that odour..

not bad strain for smoke,have really nice taste... but stinks a lot,thats a fact.