What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Red Wine, cheap and not?

S

SeaMaiden

Have any of you ever seen that flick Bottle Shock? I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Red Fang

Veteran
well I still have lots of catching up to do but better get to it as the hard liquor could be killing me. looking forward to it

Red Fang

Veteran
yeah with fava beans and liver too? ;)
I have been interested in trying that too! I still have a lot of research to do but I think I just like to sip on things and if a lot weaker than hard stuff that could be a good thing!

opt1c

Veteran
if you want a great red wine for a decent price buy one and save it in a cool dark place for 2-3 years before drinking it

i'm partial to cali reds... hafner, justin, jordan, navarro, and silver oak are all great and haven't been mentioned yet

Hubbleman

Veteran
I just picked up a bottle of white Chilean sauvignon blanc, taste superb im enjoying it with this sushi i got at the deli

T

TREE KING

seems like the macmurray pino noir is highly recommended im gonna try that out next bottle i buy thanks guys. has anyone of you tried foghead pino noir from cali? out of the bottles ive tried so far for the price its the best ive tried at the $11 range

thcglory

ub40 & bob marley red red wine live freerecord

ub40 & bob marley red red wine live freerecord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2HCqDd9e3A

Bob soundalike comes on at about 2:22

"monkey packin' rizla on a sweet dep linee the linee broke that monkey get chocked....." [and lol,something pezIMME!!!?] :D

Speaks ALL ye need to know 'bout red wine. ya ask me. ;) :dance013:

T

toughmudderdave

seems like the macmurray pino noir is highly recommended im gonna try that out next bottle i buy thanks guys.
To date, still the best "bang" for our buck in our opinion. You won't be disappointed. Their 2009 Central Coast is awesome...we have a case of it in the basement. :)

T

TREE KING

damn! you guys werent lyin about the mac murray pino im having a glass for the first time right now this shits off the hook. you all got good taste

S

SeaMaiden

damn! you guys werent lyin about the mac murray pino im having a glass for the first time right now this shits off the hook. you all got good taste

You got some?? WONDERFUL! Isn't it great? Their Pinot Gris is about the best I've tried outside an expensive Alsatian, too.

T

TREE KING

You got some?? WONDERFUL! Isn't it great? Their Pinot Gris is about the best I've tried outside an expensive Alsatian, too.

nice il try that too i wish they made a sauvignon blanc. i know its off subject but what about sauvignon blanc's what are the best you've tried below $20? i had a glass for the first time last summer and its my favorite white wine now

S

SeaMaiden

Believe it or not, Foresthill I found to be a very drinkable SB. I find it locally for anywhere from $3-$7 a bottle. BV is always very good, but a bit more expensive. I forgot to mention that I have always found La Crema's wines to be consistently good, too, but again, they're a good bit more per bottle.

I just tried to search on it, but all I'm finding is an Australian wine, which is not the one I'm talking about. This is made from grapes sourced from vineyards in the Sierra foothills, east of Sact'o and that region, IIRC.

T

TREE KING

Believe it or not, Foresthill I found to be a very drinkable SB. I find it locally for anywhere from $3-$7 a bottle. BV is always very good, but a bit more expensive. I forgot to mention that I have always found La Crema's wines to be consistently good, too, but again, they're a good bit more per bottle.

I just tried to search on it, but all I'm finding is an Australian wine, which is not the one I'm talking about. This is made from grapes sourced from vineyards in the Sierra foothills, east of Sact'o and that region, IIRC.

thanks il add those to my list. whats bv though? i dont know all these wineries like you do i havent been drinkin wine that long

Latest posts

Latest posts