What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Healthiest non smoke form? Hash Oil, RSO, Honey, Kif,etc - Treating pain and cancer

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Coconut is great for the O blood type. Everyone else digests ghee and (real) extra virgin olive oil much better. They also happen to hold more cannabinoids per gram than coconut. At least according to what I've read in the past. :)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My favourite method is to make ice hash , decarb it and blend into coconut oil with lecithin…. Makes for some excellent strong cakes/cookies.
Just had to make some iso as an emergency measure to treat sickness in my relative… seems to be working but it’s depleted my smoke 🤦🏻‍♂️

If only there was a legal, medical route that could be taken in this country but if we waited for that, I dread to think of the results.
Thanks thanks how old piney does it. I have some coconut oil I just bought.
Coconut is great for the O blood type. Everyone else digests ghee and (real) extra virgin olive oil much better. They also happen to hold more cannabinoids per gram than coconut. At least according to what I've read in the past. :)
Thanks for the advice. May try some different methods.

I saw Revegetta uses olive oil. I have tons of olive oil. How is it best stored? Can it be stored in a jar in the fridge I guess.

acespicoli

Thanks thanks how old piney does it. I have some coconut oil I just bought.

Thanks for the advice. May try some different methods.

I saw Revegetta uses olive oil. I have tons of olive oil. How is it best stored? Can it be stored in a jar in the fridge I guess.
Freezer as well ;)

acespicoli

Jar Tek (How to Decarb Rosin)​

Aleks

December 6, 2021

Extraction Tek
Hash rosin can be used for a wide variety of products. If you are making edibles, vape carts or topicals you will need to decarboxylate the rosin. This done by applying heat. On a craft scale the process is often done in jars that are placed in forced air convection ovens.
The timelapse below shows rosin being decarboxylated over a period of a few hours:
Clear jars are used so that you may asses the process by monitoring the amount of co2 bubbles being released. The bubbling starting to slow down is a simple indication that the decarb reaction is approaching completion.
Jartek-Rosin-Decarb-before-and-after.jpg

This is the chemical reaction that is occurring when you decarboxylate your rosin:
decarb-reaction.png

Items Needed:
Start by filling your jar with hash rosin. I typically use 4oz mason jars and never decarboxylate less than 28 grams at a time. Container loss is minimized by working with larger amounts. I prefer single sourced material but you can blend different hash rosins together as well.
WARNING: CO2 GAS IS RELEASED DURING THIS CHEMICAL REACTION. MASON JARS TYPICALLY SELF VENT ABOVE 5PSI AS THAT IS THE MAX PRESSURE THE LID CAN WITHSTAND. THE JAR CAN EXPLODE IF THE LID ALLOWS THE PRESSURE TO BUILD PAST THE JARS CAPACITY. THIS IS RARE BUT CAN HAPPEN. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALTHOUGH PEOPLE OFTEN LEAVE THE JAR LID ON TIGHT TO PRESERVE TERPENES THE SAFEST METHOD IS TO LEAVE THE JAR LID LOOSE.
Remember not to overfill the jar either. During decarb rosin will raise up and foam/bubble during early phase changes. Never fill the jar past 75% capacity or you will have a sticky lid to deal with and could risk the jar exploding.
Hash rosin in mason jar
Rosin Decarb (pre oven)

Fully cured hash rosin ready to be decarbed. You can also decarb fresh press hash rosin.
Rosin Decarb (pre oven)

Set your over to the lowest setting possible. I set mine to 170F but the temperatures fluctuates in the low 200’s. Home ovens are often pretty inaccurate at low temperatures. It is not a bad idea to have a temperature probe in there so that you can track what is going on in the oven.
My target temperature for rosin decarboxylation is 220F.
Warming up oven for rosin decarb

The hash rosin will start to melt during the first phase.
Rosin Decarb in the oven

Small CO2 bubbles will begin to form and the hash rosin may foam up during this stage.
Rosin Decarb phase change

As you can see above the rosin volume has increased substantially during his phase change. This is why you don’t want to overfill the jars with hash rosin.

In the next stage the rosin will begin to darken and turn into a thick liquid with heavy bubbling. The bubbles are CO2 and are released as a byproduct of the decarboxylation process.
Rosin Decarb co2 bubbles

In the final stage the oil will being to clear up.
Rosin Decarb clear oil
Rosin Decarb final product

At this stage partial decarboxylation has been achieved. As soon as the oil looks clear like this it can be used to fill vape carts.
If you are trying to go for a full decarboxylation then keep heating until no bubbles are produced.

Do not open the jar until it has had some time to cool down and come to room temperature. Decarbed rosin should be stored in the fridge or freezer and brought back up to temperature gently before it is used in formulation.

Rosin Decarb final product

The visual change in rosin appearance after decarboxylation never ceases to amaze me, especially for such a simple process.

Pre-Decarb-850x1024.jpg
post-decarb-850x1024.jpg

Happy rosin decarbing!

acespicoli

How to Press Bubble Hash into Hash Rosin​

Aleks

December 6, 2021

Extraction Tek

This article will teach you how to make hash rosin from bubble hash (aka Ice water hash). Hash rosin is the cream of the crop when it comes to cannabis extracts. It is made via a completely solventless process (using only ice water, agitation, pressure and heat). The result is a delicious, easy to dab badder of THC-A, cannabinoids, flavonoids and terpenes with all the plant matter removed. The process of making hash rosin from bubble hash comes down to squishing the oils out of the trichome heads while leaving the waxy shells behind.
Hash rosin can be used as a baseline for making a full catalogue of cannabis products including rosin carts, full spec edibles, topicals and a plethora of different consistencies of dabbable product including jam, diamonds, crumble and THC-A.
Making hash rosin can be done at home with minimal tools, or in a licensed facility using sanitary practices. The main requirement is a press with heated plates and 25 micron mesh bags.
If you’ve made flower rosin before it should be noted that hash rosin is a different tier of product. Hash rosin “butters up” unlike most flower rosin and is usually a much lighter colour. The best analogy for hash rosin vs flower rosin is the grape analogy. Think of trichome heads as grapes and rosin as grape juice. In that thought experiment flower rosin is analogous to taking full grape plants (branches and all) and pressing that to get grape juice. Hash rosin is more like harvesting the grapes and pressing just those. As the expression goes “if it made a good flower rosin, it would have made a better hash rosin”. Hashtek products are designed for making hash rosin and not flower rosin.
If you’re coming from making flower rosin you may suffer from blowouts as you get used to the nuances of pressing hash rosin. The pressing technique for hash rosin is different from flower rosin but if you follow the steps below you will never have a blowout, I can almost guarantee it!
Note that this is part 2 of a 2 part tek, I recommend reading the bubble hash tek before you proceed

How to Press Hash Rosin​

Items Required:

Step 1: Sift the Bubble Hash​

sifting bubble hash

Most producers I know sift their freeze dried hash prior to sifting. This helps the hash fill the bags more evenly and can help prevent blowouts. Do not bother trying to sift air dried bubble hash, it will be too sticky. If you are working with air dried material use your fingers to make an elongated bar that you can freeze and insert into the bag.
If your hash room is not sufficiently cold the bubble hash will clump together as you try and sift it. If this is the case you may need to forgo sifting the hash. It as mentioned above it can be molded into bars and then frozen and slipped into the bags. You don’t get as even distribution (and presumably slightly lower press yields) but it is much better than trying to sift hash in a warm environment.
sifted bubble hash ready to press into hash rosin

Step 2: Fill the 25-micron Bag​

Fill the 25 micron bags with 10-18 grams of bubble hash per bag. I have gone up to 25 grams for a 3×5 press but it can decrease yield and increases the risk of blowouts. Trim the tag end of the bag so there is approx. 1.5″ length for the fold-over. If working with high terpene/sticky material it helps to be in a cold room when filling the bags.
If using a larger press you may want to still press multiple small bags on a larger plate (vs using larger bags). If you are having blowouts with large bags try this. It can be challenging to get even distribution in a large bag.
My favourite bags are made by supreme rosin. For a 3×5 press I like 2×4.5 or trimmed down 2×6 bags.
filling 25 micron bag with hash rosin

25 micron bag with hash rosin

25 micron bag with hash rosin

Ensure that the hash is evenly distributed within the bag. This will help improve press yields.

Step 3: Double bag the hash with the 160-micron bag​

25 micron bag with hash rosin double bagged into 160 micron bag

Double bagging your bubble hash is a key step in preventing blowouts. Place the 25-micron bagged bubble hash into the 160-micron bag

Step 4: Pre Press the Bubble Hash​

bubble hash bags pre press

This is another step for preventing blowouts and increasing press yield. Pre-pressing also give you an idea of how much the bubble hash will yield. Material that looks more “greasy” (e.g. wet/oily) after the pre-press will almost always yield better on the press.
You can pre-press using your rosin press (NO HEAT) or you can do multiple pucks at a time in a vice grip as shown below. Pressure applied should be firm but not excessive enough to blow out the bags.
bubble hash bags pre press

After the pre-press I like to leave the bags in a jar at room temperature for 2-6 hours before pressing. This allows the trichome heads to come down to room temperature and start to fuse together.
bubble hash bags pre press (after)

hash rosin press

Step 5: How to Fold Parchment Paper for pressing hash rosin​

Fold your parchment paper as shown below. Use a 7″ x 18″ piece of parchment paper for pressing 15g of rosin on a 3×5″ press.
PXL_20211211_234342844.jpg

PXL_20211211_234429640.jpg

PXL_20211211_234540024-1-768x1024.jpg

Although the photos below show multiple pucks being pressed on the same paper -this is not really the best way to do it- it just makes a great photo-op. Pressing one bag per parchment paper allows you to get it in the fridge quickly, and reduce oxygen exposure. This is critical to protecting the quality of the hash rosin. Remember that when the rosin is hot off the press it is the most susceptible to oxidation.

Step 6: Press the Hash Rosin​

Pressing hash rosin

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I made an ointment for my Dad he is almost 88. He has cancer afib and a pulmonary deficit from scar tissue. He was almost killed in the 70s by a drunk driver. His lungs were punctured in 3 places.
Anyway he can not ingest cannabis due to his health. His Drs feel it will slow his breathing too much and do not want to risk it. The VA dr said to make an ointment. I looked one up and made him one. He says it helps with his low back pain. I made the vegan version because I have vegan family members that I share with. I used Coconut oil and soy wax instead of bees wax. I also put some fragrance of eucalyptus. It smells like Vicks. It does work I use it on my hands and knees. It takes 20 minutes to help the pain and lasts for 2 hours.

HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CANNABIS SALVE​

Supplies Needed​

• 7-10 grams of decarboxylated cannabis (ground or torn to fairy small pieces). If your cannabis is not yet decarbed, see Step 1 in the instructions below.
  • 1 ½ cups of coconut oil OR, 1 ½ cups of already-infused cannabis coconut oil (*see notes about using different types of oil below)
  • Optional: 5 grams raw cannabis, dried and cured.
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup beeswax pastilles (vegan option: replace with the same amount of organic soy wax, candelilla wax, or carnauba wax)
  • Optional: Essential oils of choice. Up to 1 tsp of essential oils (100 drops maximum) for a very strong-scented salve. I recommend using ¼ to ½ that amount or less. Lavender, roman chamomile, eucalyptus, rosemary, and peppermint are a few popular options. We like to use certified organic essential oils from Plant Therapy.
  • Optional: 1 tablespoon of shea butter or 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil for additional antioxidants and moisture
  • A double-boiler, or make-shift double boiler – such as a glass pyrex bowl or stainless steel bowl perched on top of a saucepan with water below
  • Cheesecloth (if your cannabis oil is not already made)
  • Mixing bowl
  • Glass jars or salve tins, for storage
  • Recommended: probe thermometer

Makes: Approximately 2 cups (16 ounces) of finished salve

*Notes: If you want to scale this recipe up or down: the general rule of thumb for salve is to use about 1 part of beeswax to 4 or 5 parts oil, including both coconut and olive oil. Since we use virgin coconut oil that is solid at room temperature, we can get away with lesser beeswax and the salve will still set up well. If you use a different carrier oil that is liquid at room temperature, either omit the extra 1/3 cup olive oil mentioned above, or increase the amount of beeswax pastilles to 1/2 cup.

Learn more here: 11 Best Carrier Oil Options for Skin Care, Salves and Infusions

Last edited:

acespicoli

Strains noted for their use in treating pain (short list)

49 Search-Hits for pain via standard search searching in descriptions, as regular seeds, as pure indica strains with that is a photoperiod strain
Name of the strainBreeder
Arghandab II KandaharIndian Landrace Exchange84
Grand Daddy PurpGrand Daddy Purp77
DarkStarTH Seeds70
Nuclear PharaohMadCats Backyard Stash70
Black UnicornRiot Seeds67
Razzleberry KushUnknown or Legendary67
Matanuska TundraSagarmatha Seeds65
The Grape Goudini2 Guns and a Guy S.C.65
White TruffleParabellum Genetics64
Purple Maze KushNew420Guy Seeds63
William's WonderSickMeds Seeds63
X-Kush #2Breeder Choice Organisation63
Black DominaHappy Roots61
425CannaVenture Seeds60
CactusJordan of the Islands60
Cataract KushDNA Genetics Seeds60
Deep Chunk SelectEnergenetics Old World Farm60
Hindu Kush (Heirloom)Aficionado Seed Bank60
Rusty OGNew420Guy Seeds60
Super DenseNew420Guy Seeds60
ZenaksKoalatea Genetics60
Blackberry KushCannabella Seed Club58
Ghost OGApothecary Genetics58
Rubba BreathCosmic Wisdom58
SkywalkerApothecary Genetics58
AfghaniHouse Of The Great Gardener56
Bella OrtegaCannabella Seed Club56
Double AffieSouthern Star Seeds56
Pine Tar KushNew420Guy Seeds56
RomulanLucky 13 S.C.56
San Fernando Valley OGApothecary Genetics56
X-Kush #1Breeder Choice Organisation56
Kashmiri SirnooOld World Organics55
AfghaniAlaska Cannabis Cache53
Bubba KushApothecary Genetics53
Kings CrossReefermans Seeds53
Sweet & Sour HeavenMaster Thai52
Black DominaNew420Guy Seeds50
Mazar-I-SharifThe Landrace Team50
Pakistan ValleyWorld of Seeds Bank50
Eastern HashplantCosmic Wisdom49
AfghaniMedicann Seeds48
Northern LightsSensi Seeds48
LA Kush CakeSeed Junky Genetics?
LA Pure KushUnknown or Legendary?
Lashkar GahUnknown or Legendary?
Pineapple KushUnknown or Legendary?
Plum CrazyUnknown or Legendary?
White Fire 43Unknown or Legendary?
9 Search-Hits for pain via standard search searching in descriptions, as regular seeds, as pure sativa strains with that is a photoperiod strain
Name of the strainBreeder
Lambsbread x Panama RedSnowHigh Seeds109
Original Haze x LambsbreadSnowHigh Seeds107
Panama BlackSnowHigh Seeds91
Panama RedNew420Guy Seeds77
Highland Oaxacan GoldGreen Mountain Seeds70
Bay 11Grand Daddy Purp67
Hulk FuelMadCats Backyard Stash65
Lady LibertyLiberty Seeds56
Red CongoUnknown or Legendary?

Feel free to add to this list, just a start of the latest work
Also worked thru leafly for a medical landrace list of medical revelant strains reg seed so inexpensive meds

1709646073896.png

These were the top three with little to no negative effects dizzy headache etc... :huggg:

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

This is why I've been a daily cannabis user since the early '70s, second entry:

PTSD For Me

Like everyone else, I've smoked joints for decades and decades. In addition, I've had 15 pack years of cigarettes. Around 10 to 15 years ago, switched to vaporizers. Six years ago, started to feel a swelling in my throat and was having a bit of difficulty swallowing at times. As I'm an RRT (registered respiratory therapist), I was 95% sure it was cancer, from either smoking/vaping so much or HPV induced.

Having treated many many patients like this before, and knowing about the lead sarcophagus they have to slam over your head when they do radiation, I didn't want to be coughing and hacking during the treatments.

So I decided to go all edibles, all the time, absolutely no more vaping. At first I started off using decarbed oil and making oatmeal cookies. It takes a while getting used to the change from smoking to oral ingestion, because you don't get that big heavy buzz like you do when you take a big massive hit. Since I'm retired and no longer the first line of communication or defense for the kids / grandkids, I figured I could do as much as I want (after all, that's why I started developing cannabis to begin with) as long as I was doing edibles.

Turns out, I did not have the big C, it was just oropharyngeal scarring from gastric reflux. Dodged a fucking bullet on that one! Decided to stay with edibles and do nothing but edibles.

Surprisingly, didn't gain weight but the cost of the ingredients for the oatmeal cookies, especially vanilla extract, started getting a bit expensive. I was doing four cookies everyday, every week, for a couple of years. Decided to just decarb my SouthEast Lights, grind it up, capsule it up, and ingest it. I've been doing that for over 4 years now, 1 g capsules, four times a day, every week, every year.

And yes that's an 28 g's every week.

And no I don't recommend this for anyone else, this is just what works for me. I still have the occasional productive cough, but compared to what I used to be like, it's dramatically improved, not only my lung function but my overall health.

Could you imagine undergoing radiation treatments, and having this happen. o_O

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
@CharlesU Farley , I am in a similar situation regarding edibles. Here is what I did....

No more cookies or gummies. I even made hydrophilic dry extract using maltodextrin to mix with liquids. Did beer, wine, hootch, water, tea.... still couldn't stand doing all the quantity.

Now, I use a Dabpress rosin press and I mix the rosin with a little coconut oil and lecithin and put it in capsules. I use different sizes for different doses. I can get 500mg into one cap. Good for most of a bad pain day. The smallest caps are 100mg.... making a good day better. LOL They are easy to do. Easy to determine dose. And, keep in the fridge forever.

I still make caramels and gummies for friends but for me..... straight caps. Only downside is the canna-burps. LOL

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Great tutorial on dry ice hash.

What You Need to Make Dry Ice Hash

• One sanitized 5-gallon bucket
  • Cannabis trim/bud
  • 3lbs of dry ice
    • You may need more or less depending on how much bud/trim you use. 3lbs will cover a little to at least 6oz.
    • Click here to go to a page that will let you search for dry ice in your area.
  • Bubble bags/Hash Bags/Pollen Bags
    • You’ll need 3 sizes for this tutorial: 73, 160, 220. These sizes are standard for this type of bag.
  • Thick, insulating sturdy gloves
    • No latex gloves, you need protection against -109.3°F cold. Snow gloves or BBQ gloves will do the trick.
  • A scraping tool
    • An unused paint scraper works great, but a credit card will do.
  • A large, CLEAN, flat surface
    • This will collect your hash, so make sure it’s clean!
    • We used a large piece of new plexiglass (cheap at Home Depot) on a table.

Dry Ice Handling

Dry ice has some inherent risks due to its extremely low temperature and the fact that it sublimates (turns directly into a gas), but it’s actually very safe to use! Just check out these quick safety tips, exercise a little caution, and this will be a smooth and fun experience!

1. Make sure you work in a well-ventilated area. Stop! Please read the safety rules first!
    1. Dry ice turns directly into CO2 gas. Although it’s a small amount of CO2 and doesn’t really pose a threat to you, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
  2. Don’t put dry ice in an airtight container.
    1. Dry ice turns into gas which will pressurize the container it’s in. Eventually, you’ll get a top shooting off unexpectedly, or worse, an exploding container!
  3. Don’t touch dry ice with your bare hands
    1. Dry ice measures -190.3°F at its warmest. It won’t kill you to grab it, but it’s no fun to get freezer burn either.
  4. Dispose of dry ice safely
    1. If you put dry ice down your sink or toilet, you could freeze your water pipes and end up with a massive repair bill. When you’re done with dry ice, just leave it in a well-ventilated area and it’ll simply turn into gas and leave.

Step-By-Step: How to Make Your Own Dry Ice Hash

Basically, you just shake a hash bag full of cannabis + dry ice and piles of resin will start raining out!

How To Make Dry Ice Hash – GrowWeedEasy.com from Nebula Haze on Vimeo.

Watch the Video Demonstration!

You’ve got your materials together and you know how to handle dry ice… let’s have some fun!

1. Dump your (ground up) cannabis and dry ice into the 5-gallon bucket.
  2. Take the size 73 hash/bubble/pollen bag and fit it over the opening of the bucket, then shake and swirl the bucket around for 3-4 minutes. The process of shaking the cannabis around with dry ice freezes the resin so it starts breaking off from the cannabis and is more easily collected.
  3. Turn the bucket upside-down, emptying both the dry ice and cannabis into the hash bag, with the mesh side facing down.
  4. Shake the bag over a clean flat surface.This will cause resin to sift through the mesh part of the bag and fall out onto the surface like it’s raining resin! Keep shaking until you don’t see any resin falling out or you just can’t shake anymore 🙂
  5. Use your scraper to collect the newly fallen resin into a pile and transfer it into a container of your choice.
  6. Dump the cannabis and dry ice back into the bucket and repeat steps 2-5 with the size 160 pollen bag. Then again with the 220 bag.
You should now have 3 grades of your own solvent-free, homemade hash: 73 (pure resin), 160 (not as pure but still really good stuff), and 220 (it’s super fragrant and super free!). Enjoy!

FYI: Hash can be sprinkled over bud, vaporized, smoked directly with a screen, and mixed into joints. If you’re unfamiliar with hash, starting slowly will help ensure you don’t use too much – this stuff is powerful!

Jump to…

Make Your Own Cannabis Capsules (Canna Caps)!

How to Make Medical Cannabis Extract Oil

Flushing for Better Buds

The Perpetual Harvest

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/cannabis-tinctures-101-what-are-they-how-to-make-them-and-how-to

Cannabis 101

Cannabis tinctures 101: How to make, consume, and dose them​

Amelia WilliamsPublished on June 9, 2022 · Last updated January 19, 2024

In the landscape of cannabis innovations, including rosin vape pens, transdermal topicals, and nanotechnology beverages, tried-and-true classic products can get overlooked.

One of the first innovations in plant medicine, with documentation as far back as 1025 in The Al-Qanoon fi al Tibb, aka, The Canon of Medicine, was the tincture. In the millennium since, there have been innumerable innovations, but we’re here to say that good weed and a good product never go out of style.

What is a cannabis tincture?​

A tincture in the most basic sense is a cannabis extract, in which a liquid is infused with cannabis, meant for sublingual consumption, not vaporization or smoking. The cannabis plant soaks in a base liquid, such as food-grade alcohol, glycerin, or even oil, and after days of steeping, the plant matter is strained out and—voilà! The cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds have melded with the base liquid, ready to dose and consume.

Technically, the term “tincture” specifically refers to an alcohol-based product and one made with oil or glycerin is an “infusion,” but we’re using it as an umbrella term here.

In the adult-use market, tinctures typically come in 1 fl oz (30mL) glass bottles with droppers to administer low and consistent doses. Because they are not considered a food item, they can exceed the 100 mg THC cap on edibles in many markets.

Tinctures may not seem as fun or innovative as a gummy or a dab, but they have a multitude of health benefits while still offering a comfortable, intoxicating experience.

Shop tinctures

Tincture vs. edibles​

While both tinctures and edibles require ingestion to work, they enter the bloodstream via different bodily systems and will have distinct effects.

Edibles require digestion and are processed in the stomach and liver, and enzymes in the liver enhance the effects of ingested THC. Tinctures do not pass through the liver and are absorbed under the tongue, so while the high will be more immediate, it won’t be as strong.

Shop highly rated dispensaries near you​

Showing you dispensaries near
See all dispensaries
There are no dispensaries in your area yet.
Check out our dispensaries map to find the nearest dispensary outside of your area.

How does a tincture compare to CBD oil?​

CBD oils sold in wellness stores and online bear a strong resemblance to tinctures, but the two differ significantly in some areas.

Namely, a CBD oil not sold in a licensed adult-use or medical marijuana dispensary is typically produced by isolating and extracting CBD from hemp using a solvent, like butane or CO2, and then binding the extract to a carrier oil.

Tinctures are whole plant extracts and even when extracted from compliant hemp plants, they may contain trace amounts of THC.

Additionally, because tinctures are often alcohol-based, they cannot be used as a topical or skin-conditioning product the way CBD oil can. Both, however, can be taken orally to yield CBD’s therapeutic benefits.

Related
9 excellent AAPI buds, vapes, and edibles of 2022

Benefits of using cannabis tinctures​

While they may not seem as edgy as other consumption methods, tinctures have endured in apothecaries and dispensaries for centuries because they are considered one of the healthiest ways to consume cannabis.

No food allergens or sensitive ingredients​

Some brands flavor or enhance tinctures, but you only need the cannabis plant and the base to which it is bound. This means sugar, gluten, gelatin, food coloring, and any other ingredients that may aggravate intolerances or allergies can be avoided.

Discretion​

Tinctures at a glance resemble a skincare product or wellness supplement. If sealed, they don’t stink like buds, and they don’t produce smoke or vapor that as with inhalation methods.

Flexible dosing​

Tinctures are not beholden to the 100mg edible cap in many markets, so one bottle will last you a lot longer than a tin of gummies or a brownie. You can also control your dose, down to the drop.

Fast-acting​

If taken sublingually, tinctures’ effects have a speedier onset than eating an edible, since they absorb through the tissue in the mouth (though it will take a little longer than smoking). This also means tinctures last longer than smoking a joint, but may metabolize faster than an edible made with fats, like baked goods.

Full spectrum​

Since tinctures involve soaking the entire cannabis plant, consumers get a myriad of benefits from all the compounds in the plant beyond just THC and/or CBD.

THC tincture dosage guide​

This is based on a 300 mg THC, 1 fl oz (30 mL) tincture.

Dosage in mlApproximate dose in mgEffects
0.10 ml3 mgMicrodose for very low intoxication
0.25 ml7.5 mgLight dose with low intoxication for beginners and sensitive consumers
0.50 ml15 mgStandard dose with slight intoxication
1 ml30 mgHigher than average dose for experienced consumers
2 ml60 mgPotent dose for experienced consumers or patients with serious ailments
Learn more about cannabis science.

How to use or take cannabis tinctures​

(Elizabeth/AdobeStock)
Cannabis companies operating in legal markets are required by law to include accurate dosing information for ingestible products. If you pick up a tincture from your local dispensary, it will have dosing information on the packaging. Most health and CBD stores also provide this, but THC-free tinctures don’t always go through the same degree of testing.

Your ideal dose will depend on your tolerance, as well as the goal of taking the tincture. If the tincture has been formulated for helping with sleep, you may want a single high dose to ensure sedation. If you intend to use the tincture for general daytime wellness, you may find that multiple microdoses throughout the day may achieve a more uplifting experience.

Rule of thumb, as with anything weed-related, start low and go slow. In a 1 fl oz bottle, one full dropper equates to 1 mL, so we advise starting with a quarter dropper or less if you have a low tolerance or do not regularly consume high amounts of cannabis. You can go for half a dropper if you feel more confident.

For maximum efficacy, use the dropper to deposit the tincture under the tongue, and let it sit for 30 seconds before swallowing.

The mouth has absorbent tissue called oral mucosa, essentially a mucous membrane that lines the inside of cheeks, lips, and under the tongue that helps fight disease and keeps our mouths healthy. It also absorbs tinctures and administers cannabinoids into the bloodstream directly, without going through the stomach or liver.

Related
Guide: Best recipes for weed tea

How long does it take for a cannabis tincture to kick in?​

Tinctures typically take effect within 15-30 minutes if left to sit under the tongue for 30-45 seconds. Swallowing a tincture directly can compromise its efficacy as your body won’t absorb it the way it will an edible or food item. Tinctures mixed with food will take longer to take effect, but may yield a more potent high.

Can you cook with tinctures?​

Cooking with tinctures depends primarily on the formulation and how you plan to incorporate it into cooking. Since most tinctures contain THC, CBD and/or other cannabinoids that have been decarboxylated, exposing the tincture to high heat via an oven, stove, or boiling water may burn them away, rendering the final food useless from a medicinal standpoint.

However, you can easily add a tincture to the finished dish by incorporating it in a sauce or dressing. They also make good additions to top up cannabis weed tea recipes.

How to make cannabis tinctures​

Tinctures are one of the easiest cannabis products to make at home. They require almost little equipment and you don’t need a high level of plant science, but they do need patience.

The ratio of base to flower will determine how concentrated the tincture is. A tincture made from an ounce of cannabis, for example, should be steeped in about 25 fl oz of base liquid for mild doses once in a 1 fl oz bottle. For a more potent tincture, use less of the base liquid or more weed.

Ingredients​

• Eighth to a half ounce (3.5 – 14 grams) cannabis flower
  • 3 – 12 fl oz. food-grade ethanol, glycerin or a carrier oil, such as coconut oil

Equipment​

• Glass mason jars
  • Coffee filters or a cheesecloth
  • A 1 fl oz glass bottle and dropper cap

Directions​

Step 1​

Decarboxylate your cannabis. Because no heat is involved in the tincture-making process, you’ll need to activate your buds if you want an intoxicating effect from THC. You’ll need a baking tray, parchment paper, and flower.

To decarboxylate:

Your cannabis should be ground and/or broken down for maximum surface area. Set your oven to between 220-240ºF (going too high will burn away cannabinoids) and lay the cannabis flower on the parchment paper on the tray. Let bake for 30 minutes to no more than an hour—any longer will cook all the good stuff away.

You can leave the plant raw if you prefer to harness the non-intoxicating benefits of THCA and CBDA, the acidic forms of THC and CBD. You may see better results if you grind the bud beforehand.

Related
What is decarboxylation, and why does your cannabis need it?

Step 2​

Pour your base and cannabis into a mason jar at your desired ratio; an eighth of cannabis to 3 fl oz solvent yields a fairly mellow and buildable dose. Cut the base amount or increase flower amount by ⅓ for a more potent effect; there needs to be enough of your base for the cannabis to be totally submerged. Stir the contents well.

Step 3​

Store your tincture mixture in a cool dry place for at least four weeks, shaking and/or stirring once a day. This agitation helps the base liquid better soak into the flower.

Step 4​

Over time, the plant’s cannabinoids and terpenes will dissolve (alcohol) or infuse (glycerin) with the base. A longer steep time will yield a more potent tincture.

Strain the mixture through a coffee filter or cheesecloth to remove all plant matter. What you’ll be left with is a dark liquid full of weedy goodness, ready to dose.

Related
Pot Brownie Bracketology: The Search for the Best Cannabis Brownie Recipe Ever

Freeze method​

Maybe you don’t have weeks to spare to wait for a tincture to infuse, or you don’t like waiting. Here is an alternative recipe that you can do in a day.

Like in ice water hashmaking, freezing the bud before infusion, but after decarboxylation, helps dislodge the cannabinoid-rich trichomes from the plant. This recipe requires the use of alcohol as your tincture’s base.

Step 1​

Decarb your cannabis (see above).

Step 2​

Freeze the alcohol and cannabis in separate mason jars overnight. This makes the trichomes more brittle and will help the tincture taste less like plant matter.

Step 3​

Mix the alcohol and bud in one mason jar. Seal and shake it for one minute.

Step 4​

Place the mason jar mixture back in the freezer for five minutes to ensure contents stay cold and frozen.

Step 5​

Repeat the shaking of step 3 and step 4 two more times.

Step 6​

Strain the mixture through a filter of your choice to separate plant matter.

Step 7​

Bottle your tincture and enjoy!

Alcohol, glycerin, oil: Which is the best base?​

Historically, tinctures have been made using an alcohol base. Alcohol cuts through the lipids and plant matter in the cannabis plant so the terpenes and cannabinoids dissolve into it.

Alcohol also helps the tincture enter the bloodstream more efficiently compared to glycerin or another oil.

Keep in mind that when we say alcohol, we don’t mean cocktails or the kind of alcohol you use to clean your bongs. One of the most popular options by far is Everclear, a grain alcohol with proofs as high as 190.

Glycerin-based tinctures will be less potent because glycerin—a sugar alcohol often derived from plant oils, like coconut or soybean—doesn’t bind to cannabinoids as well as an ethanol alcohol. Don’t worry, you’ll still reap many of the tincture’s benefits. Glycerin has a sweeter taste than alcohol and won’t irritate your mouth if you have any oral sensitivities.

Oil-based tinctures are ideal if you want a low, manageable dose, but they bind the least efficiently to cannabis compounds. The upside is that if the tincture isn’t to your liking, you can still use it as a skincare and topical product.

acespicoli

1711630306800.png

CONFESSIONS OF A HASH LOVER
March 1 2006 Cannabis Cowboy

A Canadian grower utilizes two popular methods of hash making and discovers the pleasures of a unique new product called the Rubble.

Cannabis Cowboy
The debate continues over which method produces the finest grade of hashish: ice-water extracted or dry-sieved? The problem I have with water-extracted hash is a drastic loss of flavor. The smoke is powerful but also a bit harsh. I crave the tasty "blue" smoke of a Jamaican Gum or the spiciness of a proper piece of Afghani. Dry-sieved resins have spectacular aromas and textures and are gentle on the lungs.
This hazy, winding quest has led me to the path of the Rubble, a hash made using a combination of two methods. Rubble is a truly memorable smoke with the potency of bubble hash and the flavor and soaring sativa high of fine kif or charas.

The most important factor is the ingredients with which you begin. Choose your strains based on the quality of the high and trichome content. Each strain has different-sized and -textured resins, so a little experimentation is necessary to determine whether it is more suited to water or dry-sieving. Most strains will work well with the water method; common dry-sieving methods are less likely to yield sticky resins with certain strains. Once you have found which strains work best for each method, get to work separating all those crystals from your shake.

i usually run about five times as much matter in the water-extraction bags as I use for the dry-sieve method. Most of the time the bubble bags will out-yield the dry rub in weight if you maintain a high quality by not
overworking your leaf to the point of breaking down plant matter. Get a 30x scope and check regularly to make sure your dry-sieve isn't being contaminated by green plant material and trichome stalks, diminishing the eventual quality, potency, texture and color of your hash.
Once the initial removal of your trichromes is complete, a simple process cleans the plant matter and stalks from your dry-sieved kif. Have your local silk screen supplier stretch you a 90-micron screen and a 45-micron screen (remember that silk screen sizes are measured after the screen is professionally stretched and framed; otherwise, the measurements are useless).

Dry-rub resin powder is always easiest to work with cold and immediately following the initial tumble or rub. Run your dry-sieved heads through the 90-micron screen with a card until most have passed through and then discard the remaining matter. Take the kif that has passed through and load it onto the 45-micron screen. Now the true cleaning begins; use a vacuum cleaner to suck as much through the bottom of the screen as possible. Again, use a card and work the kif through the screen, vacuuming from underneath and keeping track of your trichromes with your scope until you attain the desired purity. If you’re dealing with a large quantity of kif, this process can take a fair amount of time; I would say one to two minutes per gram for a nice clean product. Once you are happy with the purity, it’s time for the blending process.

BLENDING THE RUBBLE
Over the years, I’ve found that the best dry-sieved resin is obtained from the lovely long-flowering sativas with their tropical odors and wonderful oily texture. The best of my chunks are composed of between 5% and 20% dry-sieved heads.
Make sure all of your resins are thoroughly dry. I let my water extraction sit out for a good week before starting the blend. Put everything in the freezer and then into your spotlessly cleaned electric coffee grinder. Add both resins at your desired ratios, blend to a fine powder and
return to the freezer. You can now test your fine vintage with a simple hand press or just sprinkle a little into your favorite bowl. You will quickly discover that the sum of the two has equaled something more beautiful than either alone.

PRESSING SLABS
Ask your local florist for some clear cellophane, the thickest available, and construct some envelopes sized according to the amount of material. Quickly fill them with your frozen powdered resin. Form evenly into a slab no more than a half-inch thick and seal the package with Scotch tape. Cellophane is not only waterproof but heat resistant as well, perfect for your purposes.

Before the pressing begins, heat a cement block in your oven at about 180°F. Keep a kettle of boiling water and an empty wine bottle at the ready for the next step.

Take the slab and wrap it in four layers of newspaper folded over four times, and then moisten with hot water (don't over-soak the newspaper; it will fall apart). Place your "hashburger” into a thick-bottomed frying pan and heat slowly, maintaining the moisture with hot water from the kettle. Don’t boil the slab in water; just add enough so that the newspaper stays moist. Keep heating, flipping, moistening and lightly pressing until you feel the whole slab soften and start to compress into a solid gooey matter. Depending on the heat level, strain and purity, this will take 10-25 minutes of attentive frying.

You can now fill the empty wine bottle with boiling water and bring out the heated block. Quickly remove the hash from the frying pan, unwrap it from the newspaper and lay it out on the warm cement block. Use your heated wine bottle to roll out and form the slab. This is also the point when you can really bring the oils to the surface to seal your chunk for years of aging. You can perform a final press with a couple of pieces of wood and a vise to truly even out the slab and bring out the shiny sheen we so love.

Be patient and let your hash cool on a nice flat surface. Unwrap the Rubble from the cellophane like it’s Christmas and call the snobbiest hash fiends you know to sample some of the true cream of the crop. The beauty of the odors and stone will increase with age, starting out more on the flowery side and evolving into spice and amber as time ticks by. é

acespicoli

1711671732196.png
1711671822634.png

In our version of the legendary Herijuana, we have isolated the Peanut Butter phenotype, which is a higher yielding, faster finishing plant with a very distinct peanut butter scent. This is the best strain for medical patients users who need a very powerful indica to cut through a high tolerance. Excellent for managing pain and stimulating appetite. Very powerful couch-lock stone with a propensity to cause fits of laughter. Great for gaming, music, and movies. Excellent outdoor strain that will finish before frost in the northern latitudes.
1711685955755.png
1711686574006.png

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

full

full

full

full

full

acespicoli

Last edited:

acespicoli

some tall claims im aware...
page 8 medical uses of strains and they have the long lost p91
not sure if its legit but if its the peanut your in luck 🤷‍♂️ worth a try soon...
Will give it a go in the future with the med card and all for the p91 and let you know :huggg:

Who We Are
Founded in 1999 by Jenifer Valley, a 4th stage cancer patient who is an avid activist and
Medical Marijuana card holder, we are a philanthropic group. Our master breeder has been
working in the field of genetic engineering since 1969.
Stoney Girl Gardens is a private group of patients and caregivers inspired by patients and
dedicated to everyone in the Medical Marijuana Program. We believe in sharing our success
and experience with qualified individuals. If you follow our advice exactly and use our strains
we guarantee your results to be award winning.
1711688183920.png

1711688235691.png

1711688274450.png

1711688034858.png

1711688387741.png

Stoney Girl Gardens
Page 30 of 69
P-91
1711717112471.png

Strain Name: P-91
Description:
If you like G-13 then you will love this. P-91 is downer, it’s a
morphine replacement. It’s recommended as a substitute for patients
that use morphine or heavy downers. It has a pissy, skunky flavor.
Effective medicine and produces well. It has pure pink hairs when
grown outside and very tight buds. Medium to large fast cloning, fast
growing.
Great for severe pain.
Category: Mix
Days of Flowering: 38-42
Yield: 5-7 ounces indoors, 5 pounds outdoor
Potency (THC): 28%
Mature Height: 4-6 feet indoor, 6-9 feet outdoor
Type of high Heavy. Solid punch right from the start.
Taste/Smell:
Plant Type:
Indoor/Outdoor:
Mother:
Father:
Grapefruit and strong skunky
Huge leafs and dense buds
Grows well indoors and out Pure pink hairs outdoors.
UCSD
UCSD
Background Information: We traded some Berkeley Blues seeds to the University Professor
who created this genetics. We were told that this was the
government’s latest G-13. This came from a program at a Southern
California University that supposedly did not “exist”. BTW he (the
professor) really liked the Berkeley Blues.
P-91 is responsible for creating Pit Bull, Hogs Breath and many
others. I know this because I was fortunate to meet the family who
originally created this strain later on. It was created in Poway in
1991. The DEA had captured this strain and claimed it. The last
strain that I knew the fam had worked on was called Talliban.

Attachments

• 1711688130209.png
    1711688130209.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

acespicoli

Huo Ma Ren (Semen Cannabis)​

Huo Ma Ren (Semen Cannabis)

Huo Ma Ren

Huo Ma Ren (Semen Cannabis) is from the flowering buds of Cannabis sativa, family Moraceae. The medicinal material is collected in the autumn when the buds are ripe. They are dried in the sun and then broken up to release the seeds. The seeds are used in their crude, unprocessed form.
Category: Digestive – Moistening Purgative.
Common Name: Hemp Seed; Cannabis Seed.
Channels Entered: Large Intestine, Spleen, Stomach.
Properties and Functions: Huo Ma Ren is sweet in flavour and neutral in nature. It moistens the intestines and nourishes Yin.
Indications: It is used clinically for the following conditions:
  • Constipation due to Dryness of the intestine, particularly the elderly or pregnant women who are deficient in body fluids and Blood.
  • Constipation due to pathological Heat damaging Yin or constitutional Yin deficiency.
Dosage: 10 – 30 g. The seeds are usually broken before adding to a decoction.
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Excessive use can lead to nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.

Welcome to Asanté Academy of Chinese Medicine –​

Timeless wisdom for a modern world​

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wonder what is in those seeds? Must be something special they produce, maybe.

I eat 7 lbs hemp seeds per month. Get them cheap grown in Colorado from Enerhealth Botanicals. Hemp seeds are a really healthy superfood with omega fatty acids and protein.