What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Healthiest non smoke form? Hash Oil, RSO, Honey, Kif,etc - Treating pain and cancer

BrassNwood

Veteran

Apologies in advance academic post and long read... spoiler alert ;)

Terpenes and cannabinoids as medicine click to see more

May update this single post and edit / link it with more scientific study posts as opposed to multiple posts

Feel free to share as well on using as a med :huggg:
Good read. With 6 decades of real-world experience behind me I can look back and from here it is very apparent how well cannabis is / was at keeping me from so many routine and not so infections and such. The rest of the guys on the job site would all be sick as dog and bitch "Hey why the F&&& are you not sick with this crap, and I'd chuckle and say, "It's all the weed I smoke" and the crew would all laugh as I was known to always have 20 joints on me. Was just who I am / was. LOL
Same with the wholeCOVID-19. I did eventually catch it and WTF no worse than any 24-hour bug. Shrugged that shit off and went on about the day.

sublingual

I'm going to save myself the agony (dementia) For those that have been or have followed my posts on the subject know where I am coming from. So I'm not going to repeat myself here. Just like vaping has resulted in one cold since 2010. That is a property of Propylene Glycol, whcih is used in hospitals as an anti bacterial agent with concentrations up to 10%. I do not know (I have not kept up to date (with all the stuff I got going these days) if that was increased or not during Covid.

I am currently suffering from a flue bug (respiratory) that has been floating around from coast to coast here. Didn't catch it in time I was a day late and a buck shy LOL. Nonetheless, stared on vit C, Ecanicea and elderberry. I will be switching over to Harlequin tomorrow for the remainder of the week. I went with what was on my calendar wrt which strain when. It was an oversight, due to not being prone to these ailments in the past, and not limited to rationing what I have. I haven't grown in over 1.5 yrs since the fire.

Harlequin is the anti everything cannabisa strain. More importantly it holds the Holy Grail ratio of 2 to 1. 8/16

In the mean time I had to acquire strains to fill my deficiencies and came across Lemon Haze, low and behold it does alleviate some of my symptoms while providing clarity in the process. We see this with Biden at times. I'm not saying he uses weed, I am saying he is medicated. I know :biggrin:
Probably the best medicine is prevention. What I mean is being healthy naturally, as much as one can, by nourishing the body with balanced and healthy foods. It is paying forward to your health and makes one feel good, since, most unadulterated foods also taste good and will fuel the person well. The body's immune system will repay you if it is invested.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Thanks, added to my library. This is a useful thread. I have a need to make rso for a family member; I've never done it. Every bit I can find helps.

No real need to take the long route of making RSO. If you have a sick person straight bud oil is enough to get them started and works IME as well.

Use Kats basic recipe and get them started right now. THC is THC and it really doesn't matter where or how you get it in them.

This stuff makes all the difference in the world.

acespicoli

Thanks, added to my library. This is a useful thread. I have a need to make rso for a family member; I've never done it. Every bit I can find helps.

Amount of cannabinoids for medical purposes​

Although there is no standard dose of consumption for cannabis, the recommended dose for Δ-9-THC in adults is 2.5–10 mg (Lile et al. 2011), whereas 5 mg has been established by the National Institute on Drug Abuse as the standard measure for research studies (NIDA 2021). This is corroborated by an in vivo study that established that a dose of 10 mg kg−1 of Δ-9-THC has marked suppression of immunological effects in mice (Massi et al. 1998). However, it is essential to note that Δ-9-THC exerts psychoactive side effects such as anxiety, delusions, and disorganised thinking, thus coadministration with CBD is a very promising treatment as it counteracts the side effects of Δ-9-THC.

CBD is a better alternative as therapeutic treatment as it has no psychoactive effects. It has been found to control immunity in HIV infection at 10–20 mg kg−1 per day and in Ebola virus disease at 1.7–10 mg kg−1 per day (Reznik et al. 2016, Costiniuk et al. 2019). Apart from viral infections, 1 mg kg−1 per day of CBD has been recommended for pain treatment, whereas CBD has been found effective in Crohn’s disease at 0.3 mg kg−1 per day (Fasinu et al. 2016). In fact, the dosing of CBD ranged from < 1 to 50 mg kg−1 per day in humans has shown improvement in a variety of medical conditions (Millar et al. 2019). When referring to single administration, an oral dose of 100–900 mg CBD or a combination of 10.8 mg THC and 10 mg CBD has been found to be safe in healthy adults (Larsen and Shahinas 2020; Qian et al. 2019). Moreover, most of the data obtained from above-discussed studies on SARS-CoV-2, HIV, HSV-1, and HCV infections are in vitro studies, in which they showed effective concentrations of CBD that ranged from 1–30 μmol L−1 of THC or CBD. Therefore, there is still a lack of data on the effective dose for viral infections in humans. Due to the wide range of CBD activity, further studies and clinical trials are still required to identify the therapeutic dose of CBD in various viral infections discussed in this review.

In addition, as patients with seizures commonly use 100 mg ml−1 oral solution of CBD as treatment, Nguyen et al. (2022) compared the rate of SARS-Cov-2 infection between patients with seizure-related history who took CBD medication and those that did not. They found that patients with 100 mg ml−1 CBD medication have a significantly lower COVID-19 positivity. This finding may serve as a good reference in finding the effective dose of CBD in SARS-CoV-2 infection treatment.

Most of the links only work from the previous post... will try to update those to the orig work
For anyone that didnt click the article heres some useful dosages

Like @Switcher56 said CBD can balance the effects

Lately im looking for artery friendly fats and oils to go with the thc and cbd

Many times in today's medical scene it seems that professionals are treating symptoms
Rather than curing the underlying cause of illness or disease...
Many infections be it bacterial viral or fungal can and do lead to the onset of disease
By removing the cause
In the United States, the EPA defines "pure" water as water free from all types of bacteria and viruses. But there is more to purity than just that.

and not just treating the symptom...then repair the body

I will do a repro of a high CBD strain, its great that many places sell CBD now
Best :huggg:

Anyone tried odorless fish oil as a carrier?

Last edited:

acespicoli

1690303716188.png

1690304125007.png

Figure 1. Cannabis (Cannabis sativa L.) inflorescence and trichomes. (A) An individual inflorescence, with majority of the organs covered in stalked glandular trichomes. Arrow indicates cluster of calyces and bracts covered with trichomes. (B) Dark field micrograph of stalked glandular trichomes protruding from calyx epidermis. Biosynthesis of secondary metabolites occurs in the secretory disk cells lining the base of the globular trichome head. The metabolites are stored in the clear subcuticular cavity above the secretory disk cells; this cavity will turn milky white to dark brown over the course of flower maturity. (C) Graphic illustration of stalked glandular trichome structure.

1690305552867.png

repurposed

1690306893819.png

1690306362361.png

Question which trichromes contain the greatest amount of active cannabinoids ?

(A) Unicellular non-glandular trichome;
(B) cystolythic trichomes;
(C) capitate sessile trichome;
(D) capitate-stalked trichome;
(E) simple bulbous trichome;
(F) complex bulbous

trichome. Images kindly provided by Dr. David J. Potter.

1690306991157.png

1690309535678.png

1690308120202.png

Terpenes, as elements of the cannabis plant, can sometimes support your goals for using cannabis in the first place. For example, if you’re challenged by insomnia, there are several types of terpenes that can support relaxation and rest. Likewise there are terpenes with energizing mental effects that you might want to avoid in the evening. The more you know about cannabis terpenes, the better prepared you are to choose high-terpene strains that complement your wellness goals. We put together a list of terpenes and effects to help you make informed product choices. Let’s go!

What are Cannabis Terpenes?​

According to Medical News Today, terpenes are aromatic compounds that naturally occur in many plants and even some animals. They are commonly associated with cannabis due to the plant’s high concentration of terpenes, but they also contribute to the scents of lavender, thyme, and fresh orange peel, among others.

Terpenes have a variety of effects on the human body, and although they do not get you “high,” they do bind to receptors in the brain that contribute to an entourage effect when combined with THC, CBD, CBG and other plant compounds.

How to Use Terpenes​

Terpenes can affect your entire experience when consuming cannabis. No two strains are genetically the same. Their flavors, smells and properties each contribute to your unique preferences. Some may have more or less effects and varying benefits so you can choose strains partially based on terpenes to customize your experience.

List of Terpenes and Effects​

Learning the basics of the most common cannabis terpenes will level up your cannabis strain selection. Choose high-terpene strains and slowly increase your intake until you achieve the desired results. Keeping reading for our list of the 16 most common types of terpenes.

Bisabolol Terpene Effects and Properties​

Bisabolol is typically found in chamomile flowers and in some cannabis strains. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant and anti-microbial properties, and it’s a popular option for topical products due to its increased ability to be absorbed through the skin. Additionally, this study from 2011 showed that bisabolol has potential for anti-carcinogenic effects, especially against human acute leukemia cells (which were the subject of the study).

Borneol Terpene Effects and Properties​

A mainstay of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for thousands of years, borneol has a scent somewhat comparable to mint or menthol. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive properties, and it’s commonly used to support eyesight and relieve pain. According to a study, Borneol is especially effective as a topical pain relief agent, even more so than menthol.

Camphene Terpene Effects and Properties​

Camphene has a powerful smell that is more musky and earthy and reminiscent of fir needles. It has been used by humans for centuries in the form of camphor oil. It has anti-oxidant and healing properties, especially for skin lesions, and according to this study, can have an impact on cardiovascular health.

Caryophyllene Terpene Effects and Properties​

This terpene is what gives pepper its spiciness, a flavor profile it brings into cannabis strains that have a high concentration of caryophyllene. It supports a healthy gut and digestion, and has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Commonly used for muscle spasms and pain relief, caryophyllene can be incredibly effective for insomnia as well.

Additionally, unlike all other terpenes, caryophyllene has the ability to bond directly to the body’s CB2 receptors, allowing it to act both as a terpene and as a cannabidiol. This has created a lot of excitement in both the cannabis and medical communities, who see the future potential that caryophyllene offers.

Delta 3 Carene Terpene Effects and Properties​

Delta 3 carene has an aroma and flavor that is woodsy and brings to mind pine and rosemary in an intriguing combination. It is abundant in turpentine but it can also be found in food products like basil and pepper. This terpene is a bone stimulant, and some believe that it has the potential to help with osteoporosis. People also use delta 3 carene for memory support and for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Eucalyptol Terpene Effects and Properties​

Eucalyptol gets its name from the eucalyptus plant, in which it is the most concentrated terpene, accounting for more than 80% of the compounds in essential oils extracted from the eucalyptus tree. It is an effective antibacterial and antifungal compound with a minty aroma. It can be used to support Alzheimer’s patients as their disease progresses, and according to a study, it can lower pain and blood pressure, especially in patients who have had a major surgery.

Geraniol Terpene Effects and Properties​

Found in many aromatic plants, geraniol has a scent profile similar to peach or rose. It has neuroprotectant properties, as well as antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic elements that are quite promising. It’s being explored as a possible companion therapy to cancer drugs and can also be used for pain relief.

Humulene Terpene Effects and Properties​

A major terpene in the cannabis plant, humulene has an earthy aroma that significantly contributes to the overall smell of cannabis. This is potentially because mature cannabis plants produce a resin that has high concentrations of humulene, which acts as the plant’s natural defense system against bacteria, pests and various animals.

Humulene has significant antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties, as well as an anorectic effect, which makes it ideal for appetite suppression. According to a study, humulene is an active ingredient with anti-tumor effects in certain types of cancers.

Limonene Terpene Effects and Properties​

Like its name suggests, limonene has a bitter and citrusy aroma and flavor profile. It is most commonly found in citrus fruits, though it also naturally occurs in other trees and plants. In traditional medicine, limonene has been used to treat gallstones and other gastrointestinal ailments. After further research, modern uses include liver detoxification and weight loss. Limonene also shows potential to be an anti-carcinogenic, as well as an anxiolytic to relieve chronic or severe anxiety.

Linalool Terpene Effects and Properties​

Linalool is one of the most recognizable terpenes in cannabis based on its aroma and effects. It smells distinctly floral, and is what gives lavender its smell and taste. In addition to its pleasant aroma, linalool has noticeable effects on the human body, ranging from mental relaxation to being an anticonvulsant. It is anxiolytic, anti-epileptic, antipsychotic and even has pain-relieving properties. It is often used to help with insomnia, restlessness, depression, pain relief and as an anticonvulsant.

Myrcene Terpene Effects and Properties​

With an aroma similar to that of cloves with a hint of citrus, myrcene is probably the most abundant terpene in cannabis, accounting for more than 50% of the total terpene content in some strains. It has relaxing and sedating properties, making it incredibly effective for insomnia. It can also impact pain levels, inflammation and muscle spasms. Myrcene is an incredibly versatile terpene, even possessing some possible anti-carcinogenic and anti-mutagenic properties that are currently being studied.

Pinene Terpene Effects and Properties​

Pinene is one of the most common terpenes released by forest trees and has a fresh, woodsy and piney aroma, which invigorates the senses, contributes to mental alertness and aids in memory recall. It is a bronchodilator, making it a possible strain option for those with asthma or bronchitis. It is also anti-carcinogenic, anti-depressant, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory.

Phytol Terpene Effects and Properties​

Also found in green tea, phytol gets its balsamic aroma and flavor due to the degradation of chlorophyll within the cannabis plant. It is a strong anti-oxidant and an immunosuppressant that helps relieve itching sensations and supports wound healing. It also actively fights against insomnia, so it makes an effective sleep aid.

Terpinolene Terpene Effects and Properties​

With one of the most complex aroma and flavor profiles of the terpenes in cannabis, terpinolene is often described as smoky or woody, with hints of floral, herbal and occasionally even citrusy elements. It is anti-carcinogenic, antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and can help to combat insomnia. However one of terpinolene’s least recognized properties is it can help with cholesterol levels and help fight against heart disease.

Trans-nerolidol Terpene Effects and Properties​

Another complex terpene in terms of flavor and aroma, trans-nerolidol has a rather delicate aroma that often mixes floral notes (most commonly described as rose) with citrusy ones. It has anti-carcinogenic and anti-oxidant properties, and it is antimicrobial and antiparasitic. It can be effective to calm anxiety and create a relaxed state. Due to its absorption rate through the skin, it can also help to heal skin lesions when applied topically.

Valencene Terpene Effects and Properties​

Named for Valencia oranges, which produce some of the highest levels of valencene in nature, it is a terpene that produces a sweet citrus aroma and flavor, though it can also have a more sour edge reminiscent of limonene. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy and anti-melanogenesis properties, and it is commonly used to aid in memory and to help heal skin lesions when applied topically.

Last edited:

acespicoli

Decarboxylation 101: How to decarb by sous vide

Alex GoodallPublished on July 9, 2019 · Last updated September 30, 2020

The precise nature of the sous vide method makes the decarboxylation process almost fool-proof. While it is a financial investment, the cost is justified if you are cooking with cannabis regularly, especially since immersion circulators can be purchased for around $100.

With an immersion circulator, you can dial in a lower, exact temperature which will preserve terpenes and flavour while producing almost no smell.
Related
Decarboxylation guide: How to properly decarb weed

Tools​

1690308886171.png

• Immersion circulator
  • Container for immersion circulator (a large pot or plastic tub would work)
  • Vacuum sealer or zip-top freezer bag
  • Cannabis

Directions​

Jesse Milns/Leafly
    1. Prepare your water bath by filling your container with hot tap water, then place the immersion circulator inside. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure the right amount of water is in the container. Set the immersion circulator to 203 degrees Fahrenheit.
    2. Grind the cannabis finely. Since the temperature will be so precise, there is no need to worry about overheating the cannabis and destroying THC, terpenes, or flavour. You do, however, want to maximize surface area, so a finer grind is the best for this method.
    3. In a vacuum sealer or, using the water displacement method* in a zip-top plastic bag, seal the cannabis as flat and as tight as possible to minimize air pockets and maximize surface area.
    4. Place the sealed cannabis bag into the water bath for 90 minutes, then carefully remove and let it cool to room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Dry off the bag carefully, open it and place your decarboxylated cannabis into a container for future cooking.

*Water displacement method

1. Place the cannabis in the freezer bag and close it 80% of the way.
  2. Gently lower the bag into a container full of water (you can use the water bath) and allow the water to force the air out of the bag as you continue to lower it.
  3. Once the water level is just before the zipper, close the bag completely.

three part series​

Part one
Decarboxylation 101: How to decarb by sous vide
Part two
Decarboxylation 101: How to decarb in a mason jar

acespicoli

Once the best pheno is identified, you’ll be able to take cuttings for incredibly predictable and consistent results.

That said, the following list is a great starting point in your quest for the perfect cannabis strain to wash:

• GMO
  • Gorilla Glue and GG crosses (heavy producer great yields)
  • Chemdawg
  • Cookies and Cookies crosses
  • Miracle Alien Cookies and crosses
  • Cherry Pie
  • Purple Punch
  • OG Kush
  • NYC Diesel
  • Harlequin
  • The White
  • Ice
  • White Widow
thepressclub.co

1690310252032.png

nice photos @hash*_*bean

1690310552210.png

oldbushygrower

Last edited:

acespicoli

1690311120198.png

Unlike cannabinoids and terpenes, flavonoid spatial and temporal distribution in cannabis plants does not follow the same pattern (Aizpurua-Olaizola et al., 2016). Rather, higher flavonoid content is reported in C. sativa L. leaves than other plant tissues (Flores-Sanchez and Verpoorte, 2008a; Jin et al., 2020).

1690311324057.png

How visible light affects terpene biosynthesis remains elusive due to limited studies and terpene diversity (monoterpenes, sesquiterpene, and diterpenes). Drawing from previous studies of other crops may provide some insight and future direction for cannabis terpene production (Kessler and Kalske, 2018). When grown under blue LEDs, sage (Pervoskia abrotanoides, from the Lamiaceae family), sees its relative monoterpene content increase 3-fold upon exposure, with notable increases of α-thujene, α-pinene, and β-pinene. It was concluded that blue light could generally promote monoterpene content in P. abrotanoides, while augmented production of only one monoterpene, limonene, was observed in P. atriplicifolia. In this species, red light increased β-myrcene and cis-ocimene content (Ghaffari et al., 2019).

A nascent legal industry with proprietary value slows access to reliable information on indoor cannabis production, postharvest practices and processing of cannabis and cannabis-derived products. Apart from controlling environment (light, temperature, nutrients, microbiome etc.) to boost plant phytochemistry, optimal use of light pre- and post-harvest should be considered. For example, UV radiation could be used at the end of the flowering stage or before harvest to increase PSM production. More studies on how light can be manipulated during plant production and post-harvest for consistent PSM production and accumulation are anticipated.

Upon harvest, drought-stressed plants had increased
concentrations of major cannabinoids tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA) and canna-
bidiolic acid (CBDA) by 12% and 13%, respectively, compared with the control.
Further, yield per unit growing area of THCA was 43% higher than the control, CBDA
yield was 47% higher, Δ9 -tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) yield was 50% higher, and
cannabidiol (CBD) yield was 67% higher. Controlled drought stress may therefore be an
effective horticultural management technique to maximize both inflorescence dry weight
and cannabinoid yield in cannabis, although results may differ by cannabis cultivar or
chemotype.

:rant:

Last edited:

acespicoli

CBD Crews CBD Therapy Description​

(gift from a friend)
Logo CBD Crew
1690339729006.png

1690339816899.png

CBD crew have a world first in releasing this long awaited low THC and high CBD strain in a stable seed form. While there are rumors of seed varieties originating out of hemp strains, the CBD Therapy is solely derived from recreational high THC cannabis strains and has taken some 4 years to stabilize and find with the use of science. Full lab tested in both USA (The WercShop) and Europe (Fundación CANNA, Spain ) the CBD Therapy will be revolutionary in treating people who do not wish to have high THC like those suffering with Dravets syndrome or Epilepsy or those who are susceptible to the psychotic effects of THC Cannabis.
While it will not be something to cure cancer on its own, it provides a seed strain that can be controlled in one’s own grow room and further in one’s extraction making to mix together to create a best suited medicine for all types of illnesses and conditions. A master piece of scientific breeding that will allow the individual to take back control of his or hers life, supplement a person need for cannabinoids, and generally improve the welfare of those seeking to use it.
1690339671890.png

CBD Crew has a world first in releasing this long awaited low THC and high CBD strain. While there are rumors of seed varieties originating out of hemp strains, the CBD Therapy is solely derived from recreational high THC cannabis strains and has taken some 4 years to try stabilize with the use of science. Fully lab tested in both USA (The WercShop) and Europe (Fundación CANNA, Spain ) all the CBD Therapy came out all low THC high CBD and the seeds were released to the market. Now after getting a lot of great feedback from growers and medicinal users, CBD Crew noticed that not all seeds came out with very low THC, high CBD. Some closer to 5:1 even a few 2:1, so CBD Crew did an extensive new round of testing of the latest seed crop to see if the variations occurred often. They found that 50-75% of the CBD Therapy seeds will have very low THC, high CBD, but 25-50% could have higher THC. No seed will produce only high THC, always both CBD/ THC. Never seeds with higher THC than the CBD, but variations from 20:1 to 2:1 can occur. In every package, there will be one or more low THC, high CBD phenos. CBD Crew are now working on making the CBD Therapy even more stable, to make it easier or the growers and users. CBD Therapy will be revolutionary in treating people who do not wish to have high THC like those suffering with Dravets syndrome, MS, Crohn's , fibromyalgia, inflammation issues, anxiety / depression or Epilepsy or those who are susceptible to the psychoactive effects of THC Cannabis. While it will not be something to cure cancer on its own, it provides a seed strain that can be controlled in one’s own grow room and further in one’s extraction making to mix together to create a best suited medicine for all types of illnesses and conditions. We do recommend people getting the cannabis lab tested if possible. While growing indoors might up the % a little, the plants will still be very low in THC compared to other cannabis strains. WARNING: This is NOT hemp and can not be grown as hemp due to the risk of higher THC than 0.5 due to it's genetics of pure cannabis.

Genetics (indica / sativa):50/50
Flowering Time (weeks):8-9
Yield (gr / m2 / 600W):500
Pack Size:5 seeds
Sex:Feminized
THC % (average):0.5
CBD % (average):8-10
Ratio THC:CBD1:20+
Aroma:Flavors ranging from sweetness of fruit to truffle earthiness are held within this strain.

Analysis Report​

Analysis by: Fundación CANNA
Analysis type: cannabinoid content (THC, CBD, CBN, CBG)
Analysis method: GC-FID
THC: 0,35%
CBD: 8,32%
CBN: NF
CBG: 0,27%

Gallery​

Last edited:

sublingual

Hi,
A question about general processing. It's been 7-8 years since I extracted from the flower. I used dry ice and 200 bag. Sure, it was not the purest I've seen, but I dumped the siftings in hot olive oil to decarb as usual. Lately, distillate from the dispensary has filled my food. Now that harvests have arrived, should I modify the process? Always looking to improve my medicine.

acespicoli

Hi,
A question about general processing. It's been 7-8 years since I extracted from the flower. I used dry ice and 200 bag. Sure, it was not the purest I've seen, but I dumped the siftings in hot olive oil to decarb as usual. Lately, distillate from the dispensary has filled my food. Now that harvests have arrived, should I modify the process? Always looking to improve my medicine.
Hi welcome
You know to me it depends on what im trying to do, cooking with finished product it dosent have to be full melt
a little vegetative matter isnt going to hurt your end product id think.

If your working small amounts you want to not lose any active compounds in the processing
Maybe if your limited on possession amounts you want your reserved medicine as pure as possible

Or for whatever reason maybe you wanna pack a single gel cap with as much punch as possible

"200 bag. Sure, it was not the purest I've seen,"

I came across this a while back and also a bubbleman thread on IC

Tricks & Tips To Make Full-Melt Dry Sift Hash​

byBubbleman
January 18, 2016

full-melt-dry-sift.jpg
Bubbleman, an expert in the art of hash-making, reveals his tips and tricks for producing beautiful full-melt hashish. Learn the secrets to isolating the gland heads filled with cannabinoids and flavorful essential oils—all without the use of solvents or ice water.
Gear Up
The process of extracting full-melt, dry-sift hashish requires three separate screens. The example shown here is my Bubblebox, but you don’t need it to produce dry sift—only the screens.

The box uses three, at 140u (microns), 107u and 70u.

Three screens will give us just the control we need to produce the kind of full-melt dry sift that is, in my opinion, the holy grail of hash.
full-melt-hash-1.jpg

So let’s open up our Bubblebox and get started. If you don’t have a Bubblebox, you can order one at freshheadies.com. If you’re not as committed to having top-quality tools, you can buy just the screens for less than half the price. As you can see, the Bubblebox is built to last, with bird’s-eye maple and double-strength hinges. The screens come with a wooden cover on top and a set of keys to lock it when you’re done using it. If you decide not to purchase the box, you can get the screens stretched over frames by your local silk screener.
Using the Screens

Originally, I created this box for people who didn’t normally make or even smoke any hash. I figured they could break up their joints over the screens and collect the resin that way. Really, though, what I unwittingly ended up doing was to teach them how to make great dry-sift hashish.
The top screen on the Bubblebox is 140u, which is the perfect size for gland heads to fall through. Some strains may have larger heads, but generally 140u is a safe size for the top screen. Breaking up your nuggets into powder is ideal for dry sifting, and this top screen will keep the majority of the plant material on top while allowing resin glands and other particles to fall through.
full-melt-hash-2_0.jpg

Using a stiff card, gently rub the cannabis over the screen. (I used my ski-pass card here, but any rigid card will do.) Be sure to get as much of the resin to fall through as possible. Just remember when you do this that you’ll also get a lot of contaminants passing through the screen. But that’s okay—that’s the reason we use several screens, even though it makes for a longer cleaning process.
Getting Cleaner
Let’s lift the top screen and see what’s fallen through. Remember, we just did a super-quick run, because the main point here isn’t to make a ton of product; it’s to show you how to clean what you’ve extracted. You’ll learn quickly that the more gently you extract the initial batch, the easier it’ll be to clean up.
full-melt-hash-3.jpg

The second screen is 107u. (I’ve also put the screen sizes in LPI, which stands for “lines per inch.”) Here’s the material that was carded for about three minutes over the 140u screen and produced a single-screen dry sift—which, to the naked eye, looks great. However, with the help of a macro lens, I’m going to reveal why most dry sift does not melt.
full-melt-hash-4.jpg

A closer look at the dry sift reveals a lot of capitate stalks and cystolith hairs (those long, white things). These are non-glandular and non-medicinal. This is a farmer’s-grade sift that desperately needs to be cleaned using a second and third screen. What we can do is place this 140u-screened hash on top of our secondary (107u) screen and gently card the material back and forth. You must be gentle while doing this.
full-melt-hash-5.jpg

This screen may still allow a lot of contaminants to fall through, but that’s fine: What we’re doing is breaking up the powder to ready it for further cleaning. The next screen will clean out everything we don’t want.
full-melt-hash-6.jpg

Carding Back and Forth
After carding the material for about five minutes, this is what was under the second screen. Pretty much everything came through, but now it’s smoother and more broken down, which will make the next steps using the third screen easier.
After 10 minutes of gently carding back and forth on the third (70u) screen, all of the non-glandular material should fall through, leaving us with a much cleaner product. I’ll card it for an additional five minutes to show you how clean it’s getting. This is patient work, so take your time.
After 10 minutes of carding, the dry sift is cleaner-looking to the trained eye. However, it’s not clean enough: It still contains over 50% contaminants. Let’s get back to work.

The dry sift is starting to look better after 15 minutes of carding over the 70u screen. There’s still plenty of unwanted plant matter here, but much less than when we started. At this point, we’re around 35% non-glandular material in this dry sift, so clearly we’re not done.
full-melt-hash-7.jpg

Here we have the same material now worked for 20 minutes, and you can tell it’s getting cleaner. We’re seeing less and less capitate stalks and cystolith hairs and more of a concentration of glandular trichome heads.
After 25 minutes of patient carding, the dry sift is approaching 80%-plus pure gland heads. This should now melt in a bowl. Let’s give it a try ….
full-melt-hash-8.jpg

It’s Melting!
The dry sift is melting, but it’s nowhere near what I’d consider full melt. It tastes amazing, but we have some more work to do. After carding for 30 minutes, the hash is closer to 90% purity. It still contains some contaminants, but it’s melting much more readily and the taste is more concentrated.
Okay, so this is what we’ve been waiting for: 95%-plus pure gland heads. I’ve been getting the dry sift cleaner and cleaner, and although I can’t make a kilo at a time yet, I can definitely get those heads to near-99% purity in small amounts. Here’s a shot of almost 100% pure gland heads.
full-melt-hash-9_0.jpg

Keep in mind that the 70u screen will let some gland heads fall through, but since these are smaller than 70u, they’re generally not the best of the best. Some people enjoy their 45u bubble hash, but I like to smoke the 120u to 73u product. Whatever falls through to the catch plate is best used for making edibles, and the finest hash is what remains on the 70u screen after the final carding.

Will post some more on this in the future

1690516478436.png

1690516525290.png

1690516609334.png

How to make dry sift

List of contents

How to make homemade dry sift?

Dry sift or kief is the result of mechanically removing the resin glands from the plant by sieving them with screens of different sizes, without any kind of solvent.
The first thing we should know before trying to make the best possible dry sieved trichome separation is what types of trichomes we can find. As the plant ripens, trichomes segregate higher amounts of cannabinoids and terpenes. The three types of trichomes found have several features in common; they have a gland where cannabinoids and terpenes are segregated, a group of cells that attach the gland to the stalk, and the stalk itself, which joins the gland to the plant tissue. Let's make a brief description of each of them.
Cannabis trichomes
Cannabis trichomes

Types of trichomes in cannabis plants

Bulbous trichomes:
These are the smallest ones, measuring from 25 to 30 microns in height. The gland is about 20 microns in diameter. Both the stalk and the head are formed by 1-4 cells. As the plant ripens, these trichomes may form a sort of nipple due to the accumulation of resin inside it.
Capitate-sessile trichomes:
This type of trichomes is much more abundant than bulbous ones. Their diameter is around 25-100 microns. When the plant is not ripe it may seem that these trichomes have no stalk (it only has the height of a cell). The secretory gland is often formed by 8-16 cells.
Capitate-stalked trichomes:
Also called Glandular Trichomes. This type is the most common in buds and leafs of cannabis plants (they are only formed during the flowering stage of plants). The average size of their heads is slightly larger than sessile's, and are the main producers of cannabinoids and terpenes. They are called like this precisely for the height of their stalk (150-500 microns). It is the only type of trichomes that has a layer of cells between the gland and the stalk; these cells can be broken, detaching the head from the stalk. This is why these trichomes are the most suitable ones to make top grade hashish.
Glandular trichomes
Glandular trichomes (Bubbleman)

Terpene range in marijuana

We have seen the different types of trichomes, their dimensions and main features. Before trying to make the best possible hash (whithin our means) we should have a couple of things clear. If we are growers, we already know that every genotype is a universe, in the same way than every phenotype is a small world. If we work with clones our results will always be more homogeneous and uniform; besides it, we will know the exact micron size that we have to use in case that plants are grown indoors or outdoors, etc.
Another important subject is the Terpene Range. Ripe cannabis plants segregate around 103 mono and sesquiterpenes along with other substances. Most of these terpenes are aromatic, so they have direct influence on the taste and smell of our buds and, therefore, of our hash.
Different types of hashish
If we use screens of different sizes each screen will yield a certain type of glands, in other words, we'll get a different quality in each screen.
We are talking about quality as purity. We understand purity as the higher possible concentration of heads of capitate-stalked trichomes (glandular trichomes) with the minimum possible presence of smaller heads, stalks, plant debris, etc. In most cases, the purest sample will also be the best product, both organoleptically and regarding the chemotype. It may also be worth, in order to widen the terpene range, to mix several screens; in this way, perhaps the final product doesn't look so nice, but the organoleptic properties may be greatly improved in some cases. Recent studies have also shown that terpenes do have an influence on the effects of cannabinoids.
Inside the glandular trichome
We also want a hash free from external contaminants such as dust, soil, small insects, plant debris, etc. The cleaner our growroom and plants are, the cleaner our resin will be.

How to make top grade hashish

Once we have all the theory clear, let's see how to make the purest possible dry sift separation. We will use an ancient technique in which we sieve and re-sieve the resin glands with screens of different sizes. We can use either sieving screens or bags (if we use bags we need to have the screen very tense).
Most systems on the market developed to separate resin glands, as the popular Pollinator, have a 150-160 micron mesh to separate the resin glands - which pass through the mesh - from the plant material. But, according to the theory that we have just seen, there are lots of particles that also pass through the screen and that we don't want to be part of our hash. Therefore, we must use different screens with different sizes to continue separating the different qualities - particles - of our raw resin. Normally, the best quality - where we find the higher proportion of trichome heads - is larger than 70 microns and smaller than 120.
Sieving resin glands
Sieving resin glands
So, if we want the best possible quality, filtering "downwards" with a 160 micron mesh is not enough. We should also perform a second sieve to get rid of those particles smaller than certain size. In most cases, we can get excellent results by using a set of three screens: 160, 70 and 45 microns. The first thing to do is getting our raw resin with our 160 micron mesh. Put the raw resin on a 160 micron mesh and gently card it to separate the heads from the stalks. Once done, put the filtered resin on a 70 micron mesh to separate the smaller particles. We have now 2 qualities: the former is composed of particles from 70 to 160 microns (first quality), the latter from particles smaller than 70 microns (second quality). We can clean this second quality by putting it on a 45 micron mesh and carding it, thus separating the smaller particles - which will pass through the mesh - from the larger ones. All particles that passed through the 45 micron mesh are our third quality.
Trichome heads being sieved
We must remember now what we learned about the terpene range. While our 70 micron hash will always have a much better appearance than the 45, it could be possible that, organoleptically, we'd prefer mixing both qualities to obtain a more tasteful product.
Resin looking cleaner
Resin looking cleaner
From here, it is easy to see that, the more sizes used and sieves performed, the better the result will be. Once we have our top grade hash, we can still refine it with static lifts, using a videotape case wrapped with parchment paper.

Drying and storing cannabis resin

The best dry sift hash is usually collected from buds cured for about 4-6 months (always, depending on phenotypes, drying and storage methods, etc.). We can either cure our buds before making hash or just dry our buds, make the hash and cure the resin. Obviously, it is much more convenient curing and storing resin than plants.
Cured resin is pressed more easily than non-cured glands, and is also more potent and flavourful. The ideal curing temperature is 37ºC, and we should open our jars every 2-3 days to renew the air inside them.
Pressed and unpressed resin
We can also store our resin pressed. If we do so, our resin will keep its organoleptic features much better, since only the surface will oxidize while the inside will degradate much more slowly. It is also advisable if we are planning to smoke our resin on a metal screen; otherwise, the resin will pass through it if we don't use several screens together. The ideal shape for minimum oxidation is a ball or sphere. Never press a piece of hash if you think there's moisture on the resin; cure it properly and then press it. Otherwise your hash can get spoiled in few days.
The best way to store our cured resin is inside an airtight container in the fridge, at low temperature and low humidity levels. If we want to store our hash for long periods with minimum degradation, humidity, high temperatures and oxygen are our worst enemies.

Leaf contains substances of interest also but is it worth your time and expense to extract? ;)
Are you working ounces how much dry sift will that ounce yield in full melt, are you wasting product ?

sublingual

Hi welcome
You know to me it depends on what im trying to do, cooking with finished product it dosent have to be full melt
a little vegetative matter isnt going to hurt your end product id think.

If your working small amounts you want to not lose any active compounds in the processing
Maybe if your limited on possession amounts you want your reserved medicine as pure as possible

Or for whatever reason maybe you wanna pack a single gel cap with as much punch as possible

"200 bag. Sure, it was not the purest I've seen,"

I came across this a while back and also a bubbleman thread on IC

Tricks & Tips To Make Full-Melt Dry Sift Hash​

byBubbleman
January 18, 2016

full-melt-dry-sift.jpg
Bubbleman, an expert in the art of hash-making, reveals his tips and tricks for producing beautiful full-melt hashish. Learn the secrets to isolating the gland heads filled with cannabinoids and flavorful essential oils—all without the use of solvents or ice water.
Gear Up
The process of extracting full-melt, dry-sift hashish requires three separate screens. The example shown here is my Bubblebox, but you don’t need it to produce dry sift—only the screens.

The box uses three, at 140u (microns), 107u and 70u.

Three screens will give us just the control we need to produce the kind of full-melt dry sift that is, in my opinion, the holy grail of hash.
full-melt-hash-1.jpg

So let’s open up our Bubblebox and get started. If you don’t have a Bubblebox, you can order one at freshheadies.com. If you’re not as committed to having top-quality tools, you can buy just the screens for less than half the price. As you can see, the Bubblebox is built to last, with bird’s-eye maple and double-strength hinges. The screens come with a wooden cover on top and a set of keys to lock it when you’re done using it. If you decide not to purchase the box, you can get the screens stretched over frames by your local silk screener.
Using the Screens

Originally, I created this box for people who didn’t normally make or even smoke any hash. I figured they could break up their joints over the screens and collect the resin that way. Really, though, what I unwittingly ended up doing was to teach them how to make great dry-sift hashish.
The top screen on the Bubblebox is 140u, which is the perfect size for gland heads to fall through. Some strains may have larger heads, but generally 140u is a safe size for the top screen. Breaking up your nuggets into powder is ideal for dry sifting, and this top screen will keep the majority of the plant material on top while allowing resin glands and other particles to fall through.
full-melt-hash-2_0.jpg

Using a stiff card, gently rub the cannabis over the screen. (I used my ski-pass card here, but any rigid card will do.) Be sure to get as much of the resin to fall through as possible. Just remember when you do this that you’ll also get a lot of contaminants passing through the screen. But that’s okay—that’s the reason we use several screens, even though it makes for a longer cleaning process.
Getting Cleaner
Let’s lift the top screen and see what’s fallen through. Remember, we just did a super-quick run, because the main point here isn’t to make a ton of product; it’s to show you how to clean what you’ve extracted. You’ll learn quickly that the more gently you extract the initial batch, the easier it’ll be to clean up.
full-melt-hash-3.jpg

The second screen is 107u. (I’ve also put the screen sizes in LPI, which stands for “lines per inch.”) Here’s the material that was carded for about three minutes over the 140u screen and produced a single-screen dry sift—which, to the naked eye, looks great. However, with the help of a macro lens, I’m going to reveal why most dry sift does not melt.
full-melt-hash-4.jpg

A closer look at the dry sift reveals a lot of capitate stalks and cystolith hairs (those long, white things). These are non-glandular and non-medicinal. This is a farmer’s-grade sift that desperately needs to be cleaned using a second and third screen. What we can do is place this 140u-screened hash on top of our secondary (107u) screen and gently card the material back and forth. You must be gentle while doing this.
full-melt-hash-5.jpg

This screen may still allow a lot of contaminants to fall through, but that’s fine: What we’re doing is breaking up the powder to ready it for further cleaning. The next screen will clean out everything we don’t want.
full-melt-hash-6.jpg

Carding Back and Forth
After carding the material for about five minutes, this is what was under the second screen. Pretty much everything came through, but now it’s smoother and more broken down, which will make the next steps using the third screen easier.
After 10 minutes of gently carding back and forth on the third (70u) screen, all of the non-glandular material should fall through, leaving us with a much cleaner product. I’ll card it for an additional five minutes to show you how clean it’s getting. This is patient work, so take your time.
After 10 minutes of carding, the dry sift is cleaner-looking to the trained eye. However, it’s not clean enough: It still contains over 50% contaminants. Let’s get back to work.

The dry sift is starting to look better after 15 minutes of carding over the 70u screen. There’s still plenty of unwanted plant matter here, but much less than when we started. At this point, we’re around 35% non-glandular material in this dry sift, so clearly we’re not done.
full-melt-hash-7.jpg

Here we have the same material now worked for 20 minutes, and you can tell it’s getting cleaner. We’re seeing less and less capitate stalks and cystolith hairs and more of a concentration of glandular trichome heads.
After 25 minutes of patient carding, the dry sift is approaching 80%-plus pure gland heads. This should now melt in a bowl. Let’s give it a try ….
full-melt-hash-8.jpg

It’s Melting!
The dry sift is melting, but it’s nowhere near what I’d consider full melt. It tastes amazing, but we have some more work to do. After carding for 30 minutes, the hash is closer to 90% purity. It still contains some contaminants, but it’s melting much more readily and the taste is more concentrated.
Okay, so this is what we’ve been waiting for: 95%-plus pure gland heads. I’ve been getting the dry sift cleaner and cleaner, and although I can’t make a kilo at a time yet, I can definitely get those heads to near-99% purity in small amounts. Here’s a shot of almost 100% pure gland heads.
full-melt-hash-9_0.jpg

Keep in mind that the 70u screen will let some gland heads fall through, but since these are smaller than 70u, they’re generally not the best of the best. Some people enjoy their 45u bubble hash, but I like to smoke the 120u to 73u product. Whatever falls through to the catch plate is best used for making edibles, and the finest hash is what remains on the 70u screen after the final carding.

Will post some more on this in the future

View attachment 18870594
View attachment 18870595
View attachment 18870596

How to make dry sift

List of contents

How to make homemade dry sift?

Dry sift or kief is the result of mechanically removing the resin glands from the plant by sieving them with screens of different sizes, without any kind of solvent.
The first thing we should know before trying to make the best possible dry sieved trichome separation is what types of trichomes we can find. As the plant ripens, trichomes segregate higher amounts of cannabinoids and terpenes. The three types of trichomes found have several features in common; they have a gland where cannabinoids and terpenes are segregated, a group of cells that attach the gland to the stalk, and the stalk itself, which joins the gland to the plant tissue. Let's make a brief description of each of them.
Cannabis trichomes
Cannabis trichomes

Types of trichomes in cannabis plants

Bulbous trichomes:
These are the smallest ones, measuring from 25 to 30 microns in height. The gland is about 20 microns in diameter. Both the stalk and the head are formed by 1-4 cells. As the plant ripens, these trichomes may form a sort of nipple due to the accumulation of resin inside it.
Capitate-sessile trichomes:
This type of trichomes is much more abundant than bulbous ones. Their diameter is around 25-100 microns. When the plant is not ripe it may seem that these trichomes have no stalk (it only has the height of a cell). The secretory gland is often formed by 8-16 cells.
Capitate-stalked trichomes:
Also called Glandular Trichomes. This type is the most common in buds and leafs of cannabis plants (they are only formed during the flowering stage of plants). The average size of their heads is slightly larger than sessile's, and are the main producers of cannabinoids and terpenes. They are called like this precisely for the height of their stalk (150-500 microns). It is the only type of trichomes that has a layer of cells between the gland and the stalk; these cells can be broken, detaching the head from the stalk. This is why these trichomes are the most suitable ones to make top grade hashish.
Glandular trichomes
Glandular trichomes (Bubbleman)

Terpene range in marijuana

We have seen the different types of trichomes, their dimensions and main features. Before trying to make the best possible hash (whithin our means) we should have a couple of things clear. If we are growers, we already know that every genotype is a universe, in the same way than every phenotype is a small world. If we work with clones our results will always be more homogeneous and uniform; besides it, we will know the exact micron size that we have to use in case that plants are grown indoors or outdoors, etc.
Another important subject is the Terpene Range. Ripe cannabis plants segregate around 103 mono and sesquiterpenes along with other substances. Most of these terpenes are aromatic, so they have direct influence on the taste and smell of our buds and, therefore, of our hash.
If we use screens of different sizes each screen will yield a certain type of glands, in other words, we'll get a different quality in each screen.
We are talking about quality as purity. We understand purity as the higher possible concentration of heads of capitate-stalked trichomes (glandular trichomes) with the minimum possible presence of smaller heads, stalks, plant debris, etc. In most cases, the purest sample will also be the best product, both organoleptically and regarding the chemotype. It may also be worth, in order to widen the terpene range, to mix several screens; in this way, perhaps the final product doesn't look so nice, but the organoleptic properties may be greatly improved in some cases. Recent studies have also shown that terpenes do have an influence on the effects of cannabinoids.
We also want a hash free from external contaminants such as dust, soil, small insects, plant debris, etc. The cleaner our growroom and plants are, the cleaner our resin will be.

How to make top grade hashish

Once we have all the theory clear, let's see how to make the purest possible dry sift separation. We will use an ancient technique in which we sieve and re-sieve the resin glands with screens of different sizes. We can use either sieving screens or bags (if we use bags we need to have the screen very tense).
Most systems on the market developed to separate resin glands, as the popular Pollinator, have a 150-160 micron mesh to separate the resin glands - which pass through the mesh - from the plant material. But, according to the theory that we have just seen, there are lots of particles that also pass through the screen and that we don't want to be part of our hash. Therefore, we must use different screens with different sizes to continue separating the different qualities - particles - of our raw resin. Normally, the best quality - where we find the higher proportion of trichome heads - is larger than 70 microns and smaller than 120.
Sieving resin glands
Sieving resin glands
So, if we want the best possible quality, filtering "downwards" with a 160 micron mesh is not enough. We should also perform a second sieve to get rid of those particles smaller than certain size. In most cases, we can get excellent results by using a set of three screens: 160, 70 and 45 microns. The first thing to do is getting our raw resin with our 160 micron mesh. Put the raw resin on a 160 micron mesh and gently card it to separate the heads from the stalks. Once done, put the filtered resin on a 70 micron mesh to separate the smaller particles. We have now 2 qualities: the former is composed of particles from 70 to 160 microns (first quality), the latter from particles smaller than 70 microns (second quality). We can clean this second quality by putting it on a 45 micron mesh and carding it, thus separating the smaller particles - which will pass through the mesh - from the larger ones. All particles that passed through the 45 micron mesh are our third quality.
We must remember now what we learned about the terpene range. While our 70 micron hash will always have a much better appearance than the 45, it could be possible that, organoleptically, we'd prefer mixing both qualities to obtain a more tasteful product.
Resin looking cleaner
Resin looking cleaner
From here, it is easy to see that, the more sizes used and sieves performed, the better the result will be. Once we have our top grade hash, we can still refine it with static lifts, using a videotape case wrapped with parchment paper.

Drying and storing cannabis resin

The best dry sift hash is usually collected from buds cured for about 4-6 months (always, depending on phenotypes, drying and storage methods, etc.). We can either cure our buds before making hash or just dry our buds, make the hash and cure the resin. Obviously, it is much more convenient curing and storing resin than plants.
Cured resin is pressed more easily than non-cured glands, and is also more potent and flavourful. The ideal curing temperature is 37ºC, and we should open our jars every 2-3 days to renew the air inside them.
We can also store our resin pressed. If we do so, our resin will keep its organoleptic features much better, since only the surface will oxidize while the inside will degradate much more slowly. It is also advisable if we are planning to smoke our resin on a metal screen; otherwise, the resin will pass through it if we don't use several screens together. The ideal shape for minimum oxidation is a ball or sphere. Never press a piece of hash if you think there's moisture on the resin; cure it properly and then press it. Otherwise your hash can get spoiled in few days.
The best way to store our cured resin is inside an airtight container in the fridge, at low temperature and low humidity levels. If we want to store our hash for long periods with minimum degradation, humidity, high temperatures and oxygen are our worst enemies.

Leaf contains substances of interest also but is it worth your time and expense to extract? ;)
Are you working ounces how much dry sift will that ounce yield in full melt, are you wasting product ?
That info is great, and is going to be useful to me over the next days as i transition to produce my own edibles. Good point about the end view.

acespicoli

SEARCH THIS FOR YOUR MEDICAL NEED IT SHOULD RETURN THE RESULTS
Added this to the first line of the first post because its a excellent pharmacopeia of sorts

What is the Cannabis Compound Database?​

The Cannabis Compound Database is a freely available electronic database containing detailed information about small molecules found in Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica and Cannabis hybrids – both within the plant itself and in Cannabis smoke condensate. This database is intended to provide detailed, well-researched, authoritative information about a wide variety of known Cannabis chemicals, their abundance within various Cannabis cultivars, their physiological/medicinal effects, and their known (human) protein targets. The Cannabis Compound Database is designed to contain and link cannabis chemical data with human physiological and molecular biology/biochemistry data. The database contains 6,172 chemical constituent entries and 2,336 chemical concentrations for 115 Cannabis cultivars. Extensive compound descriptions along with more than 514 references are provided. Additionally, 5,207 human protein sequences (protein targets) are linked to these chemical entries. The Cannabis Compound Database also contains 50,817 MS/MS spectra (predicted and experimental), 1,529 NMR spectra (experimental) and 5,929 GC-MS spectra (predicted and experimental) to facilitate compound identification and characterization of Cannabis cultivars and Cannabis products. Many data fields in the database are hyperlinked to other databases (FooDB, HMDB, KEGG, PubChem, MetaCyc, ChEBI, UniProt, and GenBank). The Cannabis Compound Database supports extensive text, sequence, spectral, chemical structure and relational query searches.

The Cannabis Compound Database is freely available to all via the web, it does not require any login or registration and is not password-protected. All protein sequence data and chemical structures contained in the database are already available in the respective public databases.

Citing the Cannabis Compound Database​

1. Wishart DS, Inchehborouni G, Cao X, Guo AC, Hiebert Giesbrecht M, LeVatte M, Liigand J, Wang F, Bhumireddy S, Wang Y, Zhang J, Mandal R, Dyck J. Chemical composition of Cannabis. (Manuscript in Preparation).
Cant wait to read this paper...
Sensi Star was tested around 200mg thc /G dry material interesting that compounds and strains are matched

acespicoli

CONCLUSION
Cannabinoids are a large and important class of complex
compounds that have a promising therapeutic potential for
the treatment of variety of diseases, including cancer. In this
review, we focused on studies that provided evidence for anti-
cancer effects of plant-derived and synthetic cannabinoids
and their potential mechanisms of action. Cannabinoids
were able to effectively modulate tumor growth in different
in vitro and in vivo cancer models, however, these anticancer
effects appears to be dependent on cancer type and drug dose.
Understanding how cannabinoids are able to modulate essen-
tial cellular processes involved in tumorigenesis, such as the
progression through the cell cycle, cell proliferation and cell
death, as well as the interactions between cannabinoids and
immune system are crucial for improving existing medica-
tions and developing new therapeutic approaches.
21Barbara Dariš, et al.: Cannabinoids and cancer
Although still strict, the legislation on the use of canna-
bis-based medications has been improved, especially fol-
lowing the promising results of related basic research. The
Republic of Slovenia established a legal basis for the use of
cannabinoids in the years 2016 and 2017. The increasing popu-
larity of cannabis and cannabis-based medication should lead
to clear regulatory guidelines on their use, in the near future.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
The authors acknowledge Jan Schmidt for his initial help in
preparing this manuscript.

bookmark post in edit

Reactions: Gry

mr.brunch

Veteran
bump.What is your favorite method of making oil. Most people use coconut oil I think and steep it after decarboxylation
My favourite method is to make ice hash , decarb it and blend into coconut oil with lecithin…. Makes for some excellent strong cakes/cookies.
Just had to make some iso as an emergency measure to treat sickness in my relative… seems to be working but it’s depleted my smoke 🤦🏻‍♂️

If only there was a legal, medical route that could be taken in this country but if we waited for that, I dread to think of the results.