What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Growlight Currently Available?

Callamus

Thanks guys, think I am going to go with the fluence 2i, one thing I am confused about is this statement..

"Fluence recommends at least one ft3/S of airflow to ensure efficient cooling."

That is referring to an oscillating fan right? Apparently the ballast is able to be remotely mounted which may reduce heat in the growroom but I would need to buy a separate cable.. not sure if the cable I buy online will be compatible here though.. thank you so very much for all your help it is greatly appreciated! :)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks guys, think I am going to go with the fluence 2i, one thing I am confused about is this statement..

"Fluence recommends at least one ft3/S of airflow to ensure efficient cooling."

That is referring to an oscillating fan right? Apparently the ballast is able to be remotely mounted which may reduce heat in the growroom but I would need to buy a separate cable.. not sure if the cable I buy online will be compatible here though.. thank you so very much for all your help it is greatly appreciated! :)

Sounds like an arbitrary number. The lights heat mainly leaves by conduction into the air in contact with the heatsinks. Air which must then be exchanged. Convection isn't enough (that's like hot air wanting to rise) so you need an actual draft. Otherwise it will get hot and age quicker. Knowing the volume of air is of less use than the lights temperature target. That is what you are concerned with, and I feel sure most fans will suffice

Callamus

I don't see how a Fohse could be more efficient than a Fluence.. a fluence spydr 2i covers 4' x 4' @ 630w I think and is said to be too intense to use without Co2.. how could a 1500watt Fohse be more efficient? What's the footprint?

alpo

I don't see how a Fohse could be more efficient than a Fluence.. a fluence spydr 2i covers 4' x 4' @ 630w I think and is said to be too intense to use without Co2.. how could a 1500watt Fohse be more efficient? What's the footprint?

it's custom footprint because the led bars swivel. A couple of the facilities using Fohse say 130+ grams per square foot. It has three spectrums: Spring Summer Autumn.

I think higher wattage will make the light more intense making deeper penetration.

ledtime

it's custom footprint because the led bars swivel. A couple of the facilities using Fohse say 130+ grams per square foot. It has three spectrums: Spring Summer Autumn.

I think higher wattage will make the light more intense making deeper penetration.

The Aries is their 640W version. It has four swiveling bars instead of the 6 that the A3i has. The A3i is the 1500W version that is too much for a 4x4 or 5x5.

alpo

The Aries is their 640W version. It has four swiveling bars instead of the 6 that the A3i has. The A3i is the 1500W version that is too much for a 4x4 or 5x5.

I first mentioned the Fohse with the A3i on page 1.

He never said what his grow space size was.

alpo

Fohse led are some of the most expensive I've ever seen.. A3i is a 2500$ LED..

A3i is a larger footprint than the traditional. they claimed 6lbs a light compared to 2lbs per 1000w HPS DE. 35 A3i fixtures vs 64 1000w HPS DE fixtures.

$68k more in lights for 88lb increase and 11,500w less

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HLG just released their new Scorpian Diablo 650W. It now has efficacy of 3.2 and 2130ppf. $1300 retail.

The old version was 630w, 2.9 efficacy with 1920 ppf.. This is HLG best-led light..

Latest posts

Latest posts