What's new

Best frankincense smelling strain you can buy now?

Spaventa

Veteran
Does anyone know anything about Delicious seeds breeding stock or the breeders themselves? They say they use special elite cuts of Nevilles Haze, Jack Herer, Silver Haze and kali mist for the respective Critical crosses - anyone know anything about their cuts? They describe ALL the crosses as Incensed and describe them at length as musky, woody, incensey etc.

dezman

Delicious are the same people from world of seeds and samsara. I dont know how they get their stuff, but i dont think their cuts are special. Probably through a spanish forum or another grower.

G

I was just smoking a spliff of Ace Seeds Haze x Kali China and my wife came in and told me "This is straight frankincense,can't be mistaken for anything else ":biggrin:And we're from Greece,Orthodox culture so we know the frankincense smell very well...

The taste is also great,sweet and aromatic but the leftover smell reeks the room for hours...Very pleasurable effect,not very strong but not light,either.This was the last version,purple haze 23 x KC f3,the offered line now is purple haze 23 x kali china f4.

Grown in greenhouse last season.
9CeuiFC.jpg

fYsiHQk.jpg

G

Hi Spaventa!I remember you have grown the Tikal,have you found any incense there?Mine is quite incensey ,too,(there is a touch of dutch haze there)but the hz/kc is more intense smelling.Stoked to see what you find in the malawi crosses :drum:

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi Spaventa!I remember you have grown the Tikal,have you found any incense there?Mine is quite incensey ,too,(there is a touch of dutch haze there)but the hz/kc is more intense smelling.Stoked to see what you find in the malawi crosses :drum:

Hi Syd, Ive grown the original and liked it a lot. It had some incense but it was faint. Im running the new version soon, I've had the seeds a while. yes hopefully something nice emerges from the new crosses :)

Spaventa

Veteran
Just ordered more seeds :) decided to try Sensi Mothers finest and Black label Nevilles Haze.

The MF is just a Hazier selection of Jack Herer. The black label NH I suspect are copies of early 2000s GHS NH. Early 2000s GHS NH was and is my grail so if theres any of them among these i want to see. Black label have won cups themselves and been around in Holland forever so worth a go. Only a 3rd of the price of MNS which countless people say doesn't deliver Frankincense aroma. I read of several people who ran 20 or 30 and found only faint incense in one or two. The 2003 GHS I grew, ALL 7 girls from 10 seeds loud Frankincense aroma once lit that fogged up the room with musky, woody incense. Some even had a buttery, merlot type note that was delicious, like cakes baking maybe or butter melting in a pan, with the woody earthiness underneath. It had Haze C floral/woodland top notes that could be appreciated before lighting too.
Anyway, these and the Sag WW will be next lot after current lot are done.

M

maliali

i found 5 tipes of haze smells when burned. Straight incense wich is A5 havent smoked it for years( found pheno in white label white widow looks deadly haze and smell like this but smoke was week but only with taste smell and look i had mother for 2 years then some truobles and i lost it),another is catpiss meaty with incense backgournd,3d is incesy oranges(amnesia),lemonwoodsy but it aint haze for me. And one which i prefer the most is in somas old Amnesia Haze is straight incense but with oregano rosemary smell it is simply perfect its my 1st. smell and second is old a5 cut.

Gert Lush

Veteran
I was just smoking a spliff of Ace Seeds Haze x Kali China and my wife came in and told me "This is straight frankincense,can't be mistaken for anything else ":biggrin:And we're from Greece,Orthodox culture so we know the frankincense smell very well...
Good looking herb there, Syd.

I was just about to say that if you want Frankincense aroma it's got to be either Haze or South Indian (aka Kali-various) so what a nice cross that is.

I've also found a lovely frankincense in a Malawi I grew, but that was bagseed, so no link I'm afraid.

Keep it... Greek! ;)

Spaventa

Veteran
I've also found a lovely frankincense in a Malawi I grew

That caught my attention. I’m running some Malawi crosses right now and hoping the Malawi side of them contributes what you found in yours - frank/incense.
I read Aces Malawi description use “woody” in the description of their pure Malawi so hope it’s all leading in the right direction, terpene-wise. One is Malawi x A5 other is Malawi x Neville’s Haze (old clone)

Gert Lush

Veteran
My guess would be that your chances are much better with the Nevil's cross. Most Malawi does not smell of frankincense, though obviously there must be some freaks in the gene pool.

Gert Lush

Veteran
Nah, I've never grown A5 (I don't even know what it is). OTOH I have never grown a Nevil's haze that did not have a frankincense aroma either.

MrBungle

I catch whiffs of incense when I smoke Rare Dankness Grape Ox... I wonder if The Ox is the culprit... not enough info to go on....

Spaventa

Veteran
I have never grown a Nevil's haze that did not have a frankincense aroma either.

You never grew Nevilles Haze feminised from GHS or Nevilles Haze regular from MNS then.
I can personally attest to the non existence in current GHS and theres more than enough people on IC who report not finding one plant with frankincense in MNS.

The Nevilles that had "it" in every plant was the regular GHS available until at least 2006. When Shanti and Neville left GHS, I believe the parents were split up because neither MNS or GHS can make NH like they used to.
I have some black label NH that are from the same parents GHS used pre 2006. Im hoping these will be like the ones I grew all those years ago.

A5 is a clone only. Its NL#5 x Haze A, selected from 1000 plants by Neville himself decades ago. It is the mother of Nevilles Haze. Neville's Haze = A5 x Haze C

JohnnyChicago

I think you will have more chances to find a frankincense pheno in the Nevil cross. The A5 is very incensey, but for me it is not frankincense. But when mixed to the terpenes of the Malawi, some phenos may produce something similar to frankincense or may be something better, who kows. Would be interesting to know how dominant the incense trait is in the a5 crosses. Karma worked on a A5 BX few years ago. His forum section is probably one of the best sources to find infos..

Spaventa

Veteran
I think you will have more chances to find a frankincense pheno in the Nevil cross. The A5 is very incensey, but for me it is not frankincense. But when mixed to the terpenes of the Malawi, some phenos may produce something similar to frankincense or may be something better, who kows. Would be interesting to know how dominant the incense trait is in the a5 crosses. Karma worked on a A5 BX few years ago. His forum section is probably one of the best sources to find infos..

I flipped them already so I’ll know in June what’s happening but interesting what you say none the less cheers :)

DsourDog

Sorry o didn’t read all of the reply’s but I have found many frankincense type smells in tom hills old deep chunk , everyone i shared some with would say it right away so it wasn’t just me the taste was more sweet incense hashy but there def some smells of straight frankincense in them and the stock I’ve been working now which are are throwing about 70% frankincense phenos

Spaventa

Veteran
Sorry o didn’t read all of the reply’s but I have found many frankincense type smells in tom hills old deep chunk , everyone i shared some with would say it right away so it wasn’t just me the taste was more sweet incense hashy but there def some smells of straight frankincense in them and the stock I’ve been working now which are are throwing about 70% frankincense phenos

thanks DsourDog do you know where i can get some sent to the England?