What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best frankincense smelling strain you can buy now?

kuku32

If someone wants Church smell its Jack Herer some phenos or NL5Haze.
Amnesia SLH can be incensy with skunk note.
White Widow have very powerfull pine rosin like incense smell.
And few phenos of Hindu Kush,Masterkush,Deepchunk,La. Affie..have anised incense smell. View attachment 18886195
Finest Frankie its the same as Jack when burning.
Jack herer from sensi?i wanna try Dankincence from connoisseurs but i can try jack too

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Jack herer from sensi?i wanna try Dankincence from connoisseurs but i can try jack too
Any old scool dutch haze will do the thing.
Its my expirience but found it in many dutch haze crosses too.
Moonshine haze,Mango Haze,SSH,Kronocaine...

Last edited:

Asentrouw

Any feedback on the Western Winds mentioned earlier in this thread?

I know around the millenium almost any Dutch coffeshop had some frankinsence haze on the menu. But a lot has changed since, probably also the genetics.

Spaventa

Veteran
Bro if you are still here and because i saw you reply too at seed findr about incence traits.im searching for years those phenotypes.Did you find something with easy Found phenotypes?thnx
I’m still searching. I will pay a grand cash for a clone if anyone has a pre 2006 GHS Neville’s Haze from regular seed or a Serious pre 98 Kali Mist.

DoublePlatinum

My first frankie cross pick up

Hope to find a full piff experience with a touch of candy + the lcg flower time and bag appeal. Hope these are true regs so I can work the line to f3 and see what else pops through

Lcg x uptown/cbh bx

4503C356-E91A-4604-9BC2-7296BD4FDADD.jpeg

i.love.scotch

I’m still searching. I will pay a grand cash for a clone if anyone has a pre 2006 GHS Neville’s Haze from regular seed or a Serious pre 98 Kali Mist.
Right? Where is the old Kali!?

Apparently the Super Malawi Haze from Ace which uses an old Neville's Haze as the mom is good.

bloyd

Veteran
I'd say you're looking in the right place for that smell. The most frankincense weed I've encountered is mod bx followed by Johnny blaze. Mod bx is 98 kali x destroyer x 2002 kali. Johnny blaze used early ghs nevilles as the mother. I have seeds of both if you're up for a search.

i.love.scotch

I’ve got a jar of Ace’s Killer A5, a very haze pheno, long flowering that has hit pure incense at 3 mos. cure. And it’s a lung buster, very expansive, even on seasoned heads.
That's cool to hear. I ran just a single Killer A5 fem and it was much more on the meaty, woody, oily side of things. So I'm excited to hear there is some more incense type smells to find in the line as well. I guess I'll get poppin!

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
That's cool to hear. I ran just a single Killer A5 fem and it was much more on the meaty, woody, oily side of things. So I'm excited to hear there is some more incense type smells to find in the line as well. I guess I'll get poppin!

Same for me matter fact all A5 crosses had that woody oil metallic smell .. maybe i didn’t run enough but compared to the Thai x kali China the Thai had more incense in dry smell and burnt smell then the kiler A5 .. I even had some AG13 at a event and it had the same exact smell

Killer A5 was potent tho like seriously sit u down stuff

BurntBacon

Same for me matter fact all A5 crosses had that woody oil metallic smell .. maybe i didn’t run enough but compared to the Thai x kali China the Thai had more incense in dry smell and burnt smell then the kiler A5 .. I even had some AG13 at a event and it had the same exact smell

Funny enough, the past 3 KA5 plants I’ve run have been heavy haze leaning, never had the leathery, musky one. First plant I grew of A5 was metallic all the way through life, but cured lemony, bright terps. Tis strong, for sure, but I love the ceiling on it compared to most, and super fast onset.

Paul-n-Chukka

My theory is that when a5 is reversed it's offspring are woody. But when it's used as a mother it's character carries thru to the kiddos much more. Leather & liver
Like you said I haven't enough experience to call that a fact , it's just what I've noticed in the crosses ive tried.
I have some a5 x a5bx (karmas male) that should test my theory. I'll keep them in mind.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
That meaty leathery funk hazes are church frankie.
Its rich incense myrrh sandalwood smell.
There are also Incensy strains like white widow,bandaid haze and others like piney incense camphor...those are more metalic/lemon hazes and sativas thats my exp.

Some non sativas that had Incense smells also exist like deep chunk,one of bubbas cut,la affie...
and master kush/hindu kush.

Paul-n-Chukka

That meaty leathery funk hazes are church frankie.
Its rich incense myrrh sandalwood smell.
There are also Incensy strains like white widow,bandaid haze and others like piney incense camphor...those are more metalic/lemon hazes and sativas thats my exp.

Some non sativas that had Incense smells also exist like deep chunk,one of bubbas cut,la affie...
and master kush/hindu kush.
You got it ! And it's good to differentiate between the lingering "incense traits" vs. the frankie smell found in some lingering incenses.

ZomVee

Funny enough, the past 3 KA5 plants I’ve run have been heavy haze leaning, never had the leathery, musky one. First plant I grew of A5 was metallic all the way through life, but cured lemony, bright terps. Tis strong, for sure, but I love the ceiling on it compared to most, and super fast onset.
I wanna find metallic terps
my kind of highs

I picked up a pack of Mango A5
TopDawg's MangoNigerian x A5 bx

JJ reposted a cured nug on instagram
grower said it has the piffest smell

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

My first incense experiences were at catholic church/school and at funeral homes way back when. That was in the 1960s. The last time I smelled that was the early 80s. Nothing like that frankincense. Some of the better Colombian strains from the 70s had awesome incense/sandalwood/woody aromas and tastes. It's not surprising Haze strains keep getting mentioned in this thread, as I will now.

I got Purple Haze x Thai from ACE seeds. One of the plants had this oak barrel that once had red wine in it aroma that was quite nice. After harvest during the first few days of it drying, I came home from work one day, and my house smelled like a funeral home. Super pungent. It was that frankincese from the old days. It blew me away. I had no idea it was going to do that. It didn't last. It smelled and tasted good after a cure, but no more frankicense. It only reared it's head the first few days off drying. There has to be a way to bring that out. Timing of harvest, environmental conditions, further breeding, etc.

I'd start there with Purple Haze Thai genetics. Here's a pic of an early bud:

PHTharvest2.JPG

This was good weed, but not what I'm looking for. I want a powerful cerebral electric buzz.

For what it's worth, my takes on the following:

Western Winds - Pure sandalwood. Really nice weed. That got a "following".

Johnny Blaze - Cedarwood. Now that was much closer to what I'm looking for. Instant euphoria, and energetic legs. I didn't grow it, but I would if I could find it.

I hope you find what you're looking for.