What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best coco Nutrient? Advanced, Canna, OR H&G

wholelottasmoke

memory loss....

memory loss....

So wholelottasomething...which of your AN products did you return through your hydro store...and why?????

I have to admit, it was a while ago. I'm not really sure which exact product it was.

I do remember that came in a jug-like thing. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that....too much sampling these days. Gotta make sure things are working out, you know?

:yeahthats

p1ninja

canna coco a+b rhizotonic, cannazime, pk 13/14 and canna coco. ph 5.8 ec in veg start low and rise to 1.2 in flower go up to about 1.6 you will get great results

what are you using for a boost and finisher? add in some canna boost, you will love it

:joint:

grandmastem

Just want to say that I am a true believer in Advanced Nutrients and their Overdrive product. Truly, ever since I started to use this, I have seen my harvests grow exponentially. What sucks is that I didn't really need to grow that much...not that I didn't find ways to make good use of the yield.

Yes, products come and they go, but Advanced Nutrients really seems to understand what canna growers need. From what I understand, their products are made specifically for canna, which is what sold me in the first place.

My flower sizes increased dramatically and let's just say I'm an Advanced Nutrients believer. Slowly incorporating more and more of their products into my grows has helped me see better harvests almost every time.

I'm not sure why some people are saying their AN nutes went bad. Did you try to return them? They have a 100% money back guarantee, you know...or maybe my hydro store is better than where others might be at.

:woohoo:

Hey- I was wondering if you were following the feeding schedule that Advanced Nutrients suggests (1:1:1) or are you incorporating your own ratios? I have some nutes of theirs that I want to try (Micro/Grow/Bloom) and have been curious what strength and ratios people are using. -Grand

greenatik

grandmastem

I use the same nutes, advanced micro and bloom

6 ml of micro and 9 ml of bloom. I saw a HUGE overall health increase in my plants after switching to advanced from flora 3 part

grandmastem

grandmastem

I use the same nutes, advanced micro and bloom

6 ml of micro and 9 ml of bloom. I saw a HUGE overall health increase in my plants after switching to advanced from flora 3 part

Did you add any cal mag to this throughout your grow? What exactly is the "Grow" for? Is there any benefit that you know of to mix in the "Grow" for a three part feed?

Thanks, -Grand

Pico,

I was wondering why you stopped using the H&G shooting powder, top booster, and drip clean? You seemed to switch to the AN line for your PK boosters. Any particuliar reason?

greenatik

Did you add any cal mag to this throughout your grow? What exactly is the "Grow" for? Is there any benefit that you know of to mix in the "Grow" for a three part feed?

Thanks, -Grand

just use the micro and bloom. the ratios at 6ml micro and 9ml bloom is perfect for coco. I use osmosis and have to add sweet(mag) throughout the grow. if you are using tap water you shouldn't have a problem skipping out on it.

onegreenday

Veteran
Canna Terra Flores updated feed chart

Canna Terra Flores updated feed chart

My Canna dealer has a new feed chart on Canna Terra Flores.
It says 15-23 mg/gal (EC of 1-1.5)

This is a lot more than the label on by bottle says.
The bottle says 9 ml/gal
So they doubled the amount on the high side.

I don't know why they boosted rec's
cause I use 5 ml/gal and that's
strong; hitting over 1. EC easy
and my water is only 140 PPM.

EDIT: Canna dropped the amount of Terra Vega
to 12-20 ml/gal and on my bottle it
says 19ml/gal ( a lower range allowed now)

Strangely

So, pretty much all the main contenders work for some. GH perhaps getting more thumbs up in 'good a place to start as any' category? What do people think of one part jobbies like flora nova?

bud-e

I saw a HUGE overall health increase in my plants after switching to advanced from flora 3 part

Same here

So, pretty much all the main contenders work for some. GH perhaps getting more thumbs up in 'good a place to start as any' category? What do people think of one part jobbies like flora nova?

The flora nova caused a lot of problems for me. I didn't like it at all. In fact I haven't really met a one-part that I did like very well, the 2 and 3 parts are always better.

GH isn't a bad place to start if you're new to growing and aren't sure if you're going to want to keep it up. At least that way if you quit growing you don't have a lot of money invested in stuff you won't use anymore. But if you're pretty sure you're going to keep growing you might as well go ahead and spend a little more for some better stuff.

Strangely

i luv that quote from cartman. i use it daily.. funny.
He's a modern day hero! ;)

GH isn't a bad place to start if you're new to growing and aren't sure if you're going to want to keep it up. At least that way if you quit growing you don't have a lot of money invested in stuff you won't use anymore. But if you're pretty sure you're going to keep growing you might as well go ahead and spend a little more for some better stuff.

Well new yes, if I start I'd keep it up so what would you recommend instead of GH? Simple, so would prefer a 2 part to a 3 part, not too bothered about cost but need to able to source in UK... thanks in advance! :)

greenatik

cns17, floranova, flora3part, advanced3part, botanicare PBP

all have worked for me, with advanced being my favorite so far... didn't like cns17 THAT much it was great in veg but had little troubles in flower. FloraNova was ok besides the massive shaking it took. I like the cleaness of advanced/flora, no shaking, runs great in the drip lines, and works great with additives (the right ones at the right time). I also like being able to drop the Nitrogen late flower so 2 part nutes (micro/bloom) takes the cake for me

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran

I'm using the floranova bloom with a lil cal-mag+ for the first time now.. Took a bit to get the dosage right for me, but they came around fine, and now seem to be doing really well the first week into flower. Been feeding them on a dosage of 5mil fnb + 2.5ml cal/mag plus per gallon which hits very close to h3ads/rez's gh flora at 6/9..

If your interested here is the grow show I'm doing with a few friends of mine growing the ecsd, and trainwreck, and wonder diesel. I used the floranova bloom bottle only the whole way through veg-flower. Lankier plants seem to love the added pk. http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=140645

padawan

one thing i always notice about a majority of the folks who bost and brag about There results with AN is it seems like a commercial half the time. Ive noticed most of the people have like 5 posts.(not that post count is everything)

It just Seems like they are AN employees or bandwagoners.

Not saying anything to anybody in particular.

Just the conspiracy theorist in me.

Im sure some folks rock that shit well.

cronicle

Advanced nutes total bs,ITS OK IF YOU DONT FOLLOW THERE INFO and use the boossters sparingly.GH WORKS WELL NO PROBLEMS. WITH THAT COMPANY ,GETTING GOOD RESULTS SO FAR WITH CANNA JUST DONT BELEVE TTHE HYPE, ANY NUTE WILL WORK WITH THE RIGHT CONDITIONS

cronicle

ADVANCED COMES OUT ACTING LIKE YOUR GARDIN IS GOING TO TAKE OFF WITH THE USE OF THE 2P PROGRM,THE ONLY THING THAT TAKES OFF IS THE BILLS IN YOUR POCKET 2 THOUSAND OF THEM,AND THEY COME OUT WITH SOME MUST HAVE NEW MARKITING TOOL THEY CREATE,IF YOU LOOK THE OLD GUYS ARE GONE AND SO IS THE QUALITY OF THERE PRODUCTS, KISS MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greenatik

every company has overpriced additives and bullshit claims. its up to you as the consumer to filter it out and use common sense. the only product i have ever used is their 3part base nute. in fact, the only reason I'm using it, was because it was the cheaper alternative when I was getting close to running out of GH flora. yes CHEAPER then GH. I would never shelf out the money for their connoisseur or monkey a/b

Fuck AN's overpriced, overhyped, 14 part bullshit. You know you pay for all that crap when you buy your products. Ultimately the consumer foots the bill for their antics.

I would love to see them go out of business. And as open as they are about directly saying thier products are for cannabis it's only a matter of time till the DEA tags them as a company selling products for illegal activities and rapes the fuck out them. And it serves them right.

There is a reason you still have to say "water pipe" and not "bong". There is a reason you don't talk about cannabis at a hydro shop (and if you do, they ask you to leave and can't sell you anything). If any business knowingly sell products for criminal activity the Fed's can seize the business. I worked at a hydro shop, and it was very clear about where we stood under the law. Remember Tommy Chong getting prison time?

Yeah AN, real cool now being all open and everything- but in the end they may simply be signing their own death knoll, and building the DEA's case for them. They will have zero in the way of defense. Good marketing - bad bad bad idea legally. And being Canadian won't save them- ask Marc Emery about that one.

You know the government is broke and loves seize assets when they can. I wonder how much AN and is worth?