What's new

Best cloning gel/powder

hey community want to get your thoughts and expierences with cloning... so what powder or gel do you prefer that has worked best for you and what hasnt?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Rootech Original Cloning Gel.
(ed.- Look, someone neg-repped me for this! friggin douche.)

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Okay, Vitagrow worked good but I really didn't like that it was straight liquid.

Clonex gel I liked better, felt in my mind that it was "on there" for sure.

I used rootone powder and it was good just not my thing.

Conclusion? They all worked about the same. I use the gel jus cuz.... preference like you said. The clones with no hormone at all are still in the cloner so it'll be a week to tell.

M

moses224

i was die hard olivias, never like clonex..then by chance i bought a 5 dollar powder from home depot a few months back NEVER LOOKED BACK...it rocks...can use as dip or add to solution in bubbler called Green Light Rooting Hormone

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
My personal favorite is Hormex.

I LOVE Hormex but, it's not a gel. Soaking stems in full strength Hormex for 1 minute was the greatest success jump my cloning process ever saw. Lasts for years.

To get back to the question, any IBA, NAA gel will do.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I LOVE Hormex but, it's not a gel. Soaking stems in full strength Hormex for 1 minute was the greatest success jump my cloning process ever saw. Lasts for years.

To get back to the question, any IBA, NAA gel will do.

It was your original post on the wonders of Hormex for cloning that brought me from 2% success rate (my first attempt, 48 clones and 1 survived, a disaster) to 100% since using it! Thanks FreezerBoy! :respect:

Buy yeah... not a gel.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Clonex works great for me. I even use it in my ezclone and just transplanted my cuts. 68/69 success. Half showed roots at five days, my earliest yet. I also use their clone solution in the cloner at about 5ml/g.
The clonex gel sometimes causes the whole stem where dipped to turn white and enlarged like it is a massive tree root.

Bunz

Clonex.............used it for years, and as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
i was die hard olivias, never like clonex..then by chance i bought a 5 dollar powder from home depot a few months back NEVER LOOKED BACK...it rocks...can use as dip or add to solution in bubbler called Green Light Rooting Hormone

I used Green Light powder....Green Light OWNS! My olivia`s was given to a friend.

PhenotypeX

Definitely Rootone powder has worked the best for me. If you get the rootone powder on the stem and keep it moist, your GONNA get roots. Not just regular skimpy little roots, but big huge thick roots that look like theyre on steroids.

Trust me, a 5 year old can clone using this stuff. You really cant mess it up. I paid $8 for a bottle of it from my local ACE hardware store.

M

moses224

Definitely Rootone powder has worked the best for me. If you get the rootone powder on the stem and keep it moist, your GONNA get roots. Not just regular skimpy little roots, but big huge thick roots that look like theyre on steroids.

Trust me, a 5 year old can clone using this stuff. You really cant mess it up. I paid $8 for a bottle of it from my local ACE hardware store.

Exactly...i also found after a decade of using clonex and olivias the powder tends to remain on stem even after waterings....where as gel is gone after first few days...understanding that allot is absorbed it cant hurt to have the powder build up around base of cutting to continue helping it root

PharmaCan

Veteran
Green Light Rooting Powder - $4.95/ bottle at Lowe's (and one bottle goes a long way).

I also use Clonex liquid in the solution I use for cloning, it seems to help prevent rot. But for rooting hormone, Green Light is cheap, readily available, and works better than most of the other brands I've tried.

PC

Latest posts

Latest posts