What's new

Best Cdn shops for nutes/ supplies

S

shuswap

paradox his hours are 1 till 5 3 days a week,lol but stick boy is awesome to deal with as well.

medmanbrand

I looked up better than nature and their site has just a picture on it. I google mapped them are they in the same building as the paint place in Wpg?

its right next to the kick boxing gym, i think gertrued is the street. big door in back and parking too if not busy.

talk to jeff, hes a good guy, mm

Binarylogic

I agree with what vagpuncher and med man said.

Matt and Wade are the shiznit. I always goto Jons's. Good prices, lots of selection and great knowledge.

But their site has undergone a redesign that need some serious work yet.

Customer for life!

tralfaz

its right next to the kick boxing gym, i think gertrued is the street. big door in back and parking too if not busy.

talk to jeff, hes a good guy, mm

id watch out for that store, the owner is a rat goof.

how do you sell dope out of a hydroponics store for 10+ years and not get pinched?

Mikron

I've been shopping at progressive growth in vic, nan, and courtenay for over 5 years now. My fav is victoria though, a good friend of ours makes an amazing fertilizer called island blend. Its just as potent as GH but the nutrients are all local to bc (kelowna). Comes in bloom and veg A and B parts. The cation to anion ratio is so ballanced you dont need to pH it sometimes if your on city water. The nutrients only last 6 days in the plant whereas GH can last 12 days allowing perfect flavor and zero stress.

Flushes really well you could swear its all organic no chemicals or dyes, ash burns pure white everytime. Yield is really good too compared to GH, Botanicare, AN. No additives needed either. My only issue is the strength, i find myself only using 10ml per gallon in soil wheras hydro can take 25ml-30ml per gal. Hydro ppm goes from 1800 to 400 in 12 hrs. Highly recommend it for hydro growers with yield, flavour, and pH issues.

Mikron

I've been shopping at progressive growth in vic, nan, and courtenay for over 5 years now. My fav is victoria though, a good friend of ours makes an amazing fertilizer called island blend. Its just as potent as GH but the nutrients are all local to bc (kelowna). Comes in bloom and veg A and B parts. The cation to anion ratio is so ballanced you dont need to pH it sometimes if your on city water. The nutrients only last 6 days in the plant whereas GH can last 12 days allowing perfect flavor and zero stress.

Flushes really well you could swear its all organic no chemicals or dyes, ash burns pure white everytime. Yield is really good too compared to GH, Botanicare, AN. No additives needed either. My only issue is the strength, i find myself only using 10ml per gallon in soil wheras hydro can take 25ml-30ml per gal. Hydro ppm goes from 1800 to 400 in 12 hrs. Highly recommend it for hydro growers with yield, flavour, and pH issues.

Also victoria is the only location you can buy Island Blend... Give the vic location a call they probably ship. Its 50$ per 4L jug which is a really good deal...

Green Supreme

Veteran
I mix my own nutes. Costs me about 30 bucks a year. I buy 50 lb. bags of chemicals and mix to my own formula. Peace GS

Mikron

Here are some pics of the island blend for anyone who's interested.

4L Grow

1L Bloom

Back of Bloom Bottle

Back of Veg Bottle

$50 for 4 liters is not a great deal considering it costs about 300-400$ for the 6 pack of 50lb bags of simples, which is what island blend is. Also the simples are not local to BC, I will take some pics of the of the salts used if you would like.

Pro gro is my last choice these days they are great for a grower with 2-4 bulbs but are under stocked and the owner seems condescending to those shopping for larger shows. They have refused bulk and special orders for me that other shops are happy to accommodate .

Mikron

I think you might be mistaken with your information, I know the person who makes it really well. Also, I have been easily accomodated for 12+ lighters with amazing discounts... Maybe its just the local guys who get the deals when the drop thousands on setups...

Mikron

for the record though the guys in Nanaimo, and Courtenay are horrible when it comes to any customer service. I'd rather drive down than give them my business

12 bulbs is small potatoes my friend. Many growers i know have echoed my experiences at the Langford shop. I have asked them to match other local shops price and was told the other shops are desperate and they refused. I took business elsewhere.

Asked them to order a skid of coco didn't happen asked them to order 10 flips wouldn't do it asked them to order large house and garden base wouldn't do it asked them to order fabric pots wouldn't do it.

Show me the source of the simples they use if you don't believe me, they are the same simples I get at terralink or other agriculture supply stores it's from Asia

Mikron

Musta stroked them the wrong way i guess. I know about 3 growers who use PG In langford and they all would say eff mr. Fertz and the goofs at the jungle(everyone knows to stay away). I personally have never been refused equipment and i've unloaded tens of thousands at a time there with no issues. Pallets of dirt, pallets of ducting equipment, boxes of bulbs, boxes of rockwool no problem. They do sometimes need to ship things down from nanaimo but they always make it worth your while.

I dont mind paying for island blend as I know the money is going towards a really noble cause.