What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Brand Of Coco Coir Today

havent't grown canna yet, waiting till my next harvest. Doing some reading in the meantime, but the canna coco large bag is 50l (on the bag) so by some rough math it should fill 6 maybe 7 two gallon containers. which is perfect for the size of my garden.

Been looking into this because J..C. agrees, brick is a pain in the ass.
Question, if I may? How many transplants do you get out of one bag? Like if I was going from 4 inch cubes into 2 gallon pots how many pots/plants could I transplant with one bag of that? :tiphat:

havent't grown canna yet, waiting till my next harvest. Doing some reading in the meantime, but the canna coco large bag is 50l (on the bag) so by some rough math it should fill 6 maybe 7 two gallon containers. which is perfect for the size of my garden.

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
so anyone got the scoop on royal gold coco? i just picked up 2 bags looks like B'cuzz but the dude at the hydro shop said its pre rinsed and pre cal maged. it was only 15 for 1.5cuft

mdk ktm

I like bio bizz coco over sunleaves just coir and green GH compressed coco. I did a side by side comparison of the bio bizz and the GH, And the plants in GH are all a little off, The plants in bio bizz coco are all doing better. And I didn't flush the bio bizz, but the GH and sunleaves just coir had to be flushed, which is a pain in the ass for me at one spot.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I've decided to give coco a try and bought some brick from U-Grow brand, with trichodermas added, anyone has some feedback about this brand ?

Irie !

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
B'CUZZ or BUST! seriously not even canna compares to the rapid growth of healthy white hairy roots that comes with b'cuzz...add some H&G roots excelerator (not rapid start, that shit blows in comparison) to any nute regimen and you will have the happiest healthiest most vigorous plants to date(assuming all other aspects are dialed in)

Bcuzz coco + H&G roots excel = AWESOME GROWTH in my experience

A

ak-51

I've been happy with Botanicare coco so far. I might try Canna in the near future.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Atami Bcuzz.... purple bag.

Been working fine for me right out of the bag for around a decade. Although I think I would have switched out by now if I had to pay retail for em. $20/bag around these parts.

rondonkulous

I rock the royal gold coco, and mixes. Straight outta the bag goodness. I used their plain loose coco for a while and had good luck. Changed my system to allow for more frequent watering and a larger container and switched to Tupur ( coco, perlite, forest humus) and haven't looked back. I dont have to mix anything and can water twice a day or more in 3 gals. Now i just use the coco for refreshing outdoor soil and improving soil strucure in beds. Great texture, well buffered, and CLEAN! Anybody else try their stuff? Oh BTW rockin Cutting Edge with Cal/mag in it.:)

The Coco Cowboy

I totally agree with ya Ron. I use their "Tupur" in a flood and drain system with H&G and have been crushing it. I"m able to feed every day and have had no issues. Super Clean Soil. Royal Gold TWO-PER is the shit! Just finished out the Skywalker O.G.-completely stoked!

N

noyd666

nutrifield coco, canna coco, allready buffered ,google nutrifield up, tells or shows whats going on in the making.time for smoke.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Canna coco is what i roll with, but i've ran the purple bag of b'cuzz an noticed its a bit finer and gives better root growth too..... just to damn expensive so i stay with Canna.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
12374_15776.jpg

Gold Label Coco is manufactured using the fibers from the husk of the coconut. Only matured woody brown husk is used for optimal quality and stabilty of the substrate. The husk fibers are washed to remove excess E.C. , buffered to remove potassium and then sieved into fine fibers. All the processing is done in an environmentally friendly way under supervision of the RHP authority. Gold Label Coco is RHP Horticulture certified thus ensuring quality, stability and crop safety.

Mineral as well as organic nutrients can be used with this fully organic, recyclable top quality substrate. The light weight makes it easy to handle and process.

http://www.specialmix.nl/index.php/en/substrates/coco.html

Keep on growing :)

Alaris

Tried both

Tried both

GH cocotek bricks and Canna and would say I probably like the texture of the GH better. The Canna is kind of fine in comparison but I haven't had a problem with saturation and it truly can be used straight out of the bag. I'll probably do a little mix of the two on my next run to save a little $$ while still getting the benefit of the trichorderma without the high price of 100% canna

Prodigygrower

Veteran
botanicare coco grow or sunshine royal gold is good to and priced really well 15 to 18 a bag the atami is imop the worst it was crazy salty out of the bag and way to expensive imop.