What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blue berry or blue strains

browntrout

Veteran
Working on some blueberry hybrids now, my BDC came out surprisingly BB dominant in smell when grown by budelight.

I'm gonna cross her to the MOB and MedMan's Silver Skunk (Maple Ridge Blueberry)

It's so often that the pure BB's are lacking in the BB department and it's the hybrids and out-crossings that bring out the terpenes.

BT

Scrappy-doo

I ran dj's current bb and true bb and didn't find anything really true to the name. Lots of floral and earthy notes. Wish I was around in the old days when it was on point. I found a nice blueberry muffin pheno in azure haze and a real nice candy blueberry/grape pheno in whitaker blues though. I have a real nice dj pre2k blueberry that's been in the stable for years. Was passed to me as pre2k bb sativa from Maine but structurally seems a mix of indica/sativa with blueberry and skunky hashy smells. Always wanted to try O's cut and would chop off a limb for lem's cut. Sounds like Mikenite's cut is the same pheno as that one. Old DJ stock is where it's at.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah good to know VG. I thought the male was from the cb x db line which I really enjoyed and have a couple f2's of those flowering out as well. Candy sweet bb sounds tasty! So your bb pheno has that candy flavor and the dread lock buds, and I'm guessing a very thai influenced high?

hi again scrappy i think the two lines share the Digi male afaik

yeah my bb is incredibly sweet smelling and smoking, blueberry floral and sweet hashy - very strong pervasive smell you dont need to stick your nose in the jar, at one point in flower it is straight cotton candy, and yes very thai influenced.

picture.php

picture.php

heres the thread on the BDB F2s in my forum, really amazing plants coming out of this line i'm pretty stoked about the results!
there are seeds at the bay but OP needs to relist them i think he's doing stocktaking atm
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=265726

VG

Last edited:

Golden Tree

Beautiful foxtailing saty Pheno!....she is truly beautiful VG....

Reeferman has anew BB being released soon...suppose to be a true Smelling tasting BB....can't wait...

Until then...DJ....that's my heavily selected DJ BB..."Princess Purple" pheno....Deeelish...and so dreamy...TLO grown...tastes like heaven...

Thanks for sharing friends...

Much respect

Golden Tree

Last edited:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Old blueberry sativa

Old blueberry sativa

Hey scrap haven't really seen lemz cut in action but this is my girl a couple weeks in stacking towers. Will soon know if she still has her wonderful smells like I remember. So far the early on smells are very familiar. I'll come back when she is finished up.

Old blueberry sativa
picture.php
picture.php

G

growhigh1233

Hey scrap haven't really seen lemz cut in action but this is my girl a couple weeks in stacking towers. Will soon know if she still has her wonderful smells like I remember. So far the early on smells are very familiar. I'll come back when she is finished up.

Old blueberry sativa
View Image View Image

very nice, i have a excellent blueberry indica i love it

bigshrimp

Veteran
Sadly a lot of the blues I've come across and ran have just been sweet berry smelling and tasting.

Most people really like them but sweet and berry terps are a dime a dozen. And the sweeter it is the more it reminds me of budrot :p.

I want some that funky tart blueberry!

Scrappy-doo

Hey bigshrimp what you mean by funky tart? The ones I'm running now have a pungency that some may describe as tart. It's what makes them so loud smelling and also is why I say it smells more like actual fruit because there's an acidity to the smell that makes it seem more like real fruit, if that makes any sense. Or do you mean like more of a fermented kinda smell? I've come across phenos like that in some blueberry strains I've run. What bb line did you find that funky tart pheno in?

bigshrimp

Veteran
Hey bigshrimp what you mean by funky tart? The ones I'm running now have a pungency that some may describe as tart. It's what makes them so loud smelling and also is why I say it smells more like actual fruit because there's an acidity to the smell that makes it seem more like real fruit, if that makes any sense. Or do you mean like more of a fermented kinda smell? I've come across phenos like that in some blueberry strains I've run. What bb line did you find that funky tart pheno in?

Its just my memory of what blueberry was back when i first smoked it, definitely the more acidic fruity variety. floral blueberry with a little sour note, completely lacking in rotten sweetness and muffin smell.

S

sourpuss

I agree it wasnt a sweet blueberry. It was an even balanced sweet sour but ill say not acidic. More balanced and the most blueberry flav ever. Skunky.... on the backend... blueberries upfront skunk in the back.... imo nothing better especiallu when it came to that mellow buzz.... king of no ceiling euphoric relaxed mellow.... where the f did that cut go haha... got my bluedigiberries... med man silver skunk bx f2s, freebies mosca hashplant x otm.... might do an big orgy....

relic1981

Veteran
def want a chance at running the jedi! she making her way around norcal and the pnw?

also has anyone ran BOG's blue moon rocks or his blue kush? im told the BMR is a super blueberry with that candy blueberry taste. i really like bog and his gear so maybey ill give that a try. one thing is for sure, if i dont find a premium blueberry strain soon im go nuts. been way too long. someone has to have a cut of real BB. that dj short grape krush sounds dank too.. im sure a nice BB strain will find its way to me soon...

thanks guys.

Scrappy-doo

Blueberry with skunky background notes sounds like my pre2k DJ cut. Floral blueberry sounds like what you'd find in DJ's current stock but didn't find anything sour in there. Sour actually is probably a better description of what's in the BX than acidic, but there's no floral notes just pungent blueberry. Carolina Blue x Digital berry has a lot of sweet bb muffin. Peak's bb was lacking in all departments. Haven't tried Dutch Passion. I heard Loompa is working with a pre-DJ era blueberry cut that's also straight up overwhelming pure blueberry. I'll be on the lookout for that line.

Miraculous Meds

There is definitely a sweet fruity blueberry pheno in dj's current seed stock. I found a skunky male but turned out sterile. No pungent skunky females out of 20 though. I cracked 30 more dj bb and im optimistic ill find a good bb flavor and aroma. Most of the phenos had the earthen/floral base note with hints of red wine, berry, and what I call spritzer/seltzer, hard to describe.

Ive always got my ears open for a great bb cut. Im not waiting though, im cracking seeds and crossing my own.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey scrapD I saw those cbdb f2's you ran outside last year. did you keep cuts or do you have some new f2 seed plants now?

I have been having the best luck searching through some cbdb f2's i made. running three of eight females from the last round again and it woulda been four if I coulda gotten pheno #6 to reveg. anyway the one I'm calling cody is definitely gonna be around for a while---a nice even blend of the parents.

picture.php

pheno #6
picture.php

relic I haven't grown bmr but I grew out some of coot's the one crossed with a male bmr and the bmr flavors were SUPER dominant. some of the sweetest dark berry favors I've ever tasted.

picture.php

my favorite cbdb f1

picture.php

Miraculous Meds

hey scrap I saw those cbdb f2's you ran outside last year. did you keep cuts or do you have some more f2 seed plants running now?

I have been having the best luck searching through some cbdb f2's i made. running three of eight females from the last round again and it woulda been four if I coulda gotten pheno #6 to reveg. anyway the one I'm calling cody is definitely gonna be around for a while---a nice even blend of the parents.

View Image

pheno #6
View Image

relic I haven't grown bmr but I grew out some of coot's the one crossed with a male bmr and the bmr flavors were SUPER dominant. some of the sweetest dark berry favors I've ever tasted.

View Image

my favorite cbdb f1

View Image

Beautiful ladies there. The cbdb cuts look just like the current dj gear.

Scrappy-doo

The ones I'm running now are cuts from the summer crop. I just pollinated #11 with my #14 male pollen so I'll have some F3's to play around with. The thing I really like about cb x db line is that they are pretty consistent so I know what I'm going to get for the most part before I pop'em. Didn't find anything floral in there even in the F2's which was nice. Mostly just that deserty/muffin/berry flavor or some had a skunky/berry/thick huskyness. My first cut I kept from the F1's and the mother of the F2's had this awesome lime flavor mixed in from the sour bubble in it's heritage. I was hoping to find that again but no luck. Hopefully in the F3's it'll pop up.

Those F2's you have going look awesome man good job with them.

Mikenite69

Veteran
My blueberry cut that I use to run was straight blueberry there were no to ways about it. It actually didn't smell like weed at all. When I use to grow it we didn't even run carbon filters the only way you knew it was weed was that it kinda had a skunky note hidden deep when growing but you didn't smell it in the bud at all it was pungent blueberry smelling weed and it tasted like you were smoking blueberrys in joint all the way through the joint. Amazing! The high truly euphoric lift you up even on a really bad day it made all your troubles dissapear.

When I was staking my girl up the other night boy am I getting scents that I truly remember. The only thing I rememebr about this cut that I would change is the density and that's it and maybe add lots more frost. So I am thinking a reversed white cut could possibly make the blueberry even better.

I have popped my first BMR a few weeks ago. I can keep ya posted on the aromatics for sure. So far so good. My fingers are crossed for a nice female.

I have been popping some Sour Boggle seeds in search for the grape pheno.

Latest posts

Latest posts