What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bennys RDWC heaven

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Hey im looking for some advice...

Check this picture:

picture.php

throw out ideas because I been kinda dealing with it ever since I can remember with certain plants.

It isnt a cal/mag/k/or P problem. I been down that many times.

I thought maybe nute burn, back off the profile, then I bumped it up a little thinkin under fed. Same end game. I stay at 400pmm and drift down to 300 before adding back. .5ec conversion. Its only some plants. Im gonna do another Permethrin bomb to make sure im not messing any microscopic ninjas though. I do have some pretty bad ass 20/15 eye sight so I hope not.

I am starting to wonder if I have a off gassing issue now that I think long and hard about it.

Anyone ever hear of polystyrene foam board off gassing?

I just been dealing with this for a long time....kinda just got use to it but damn I remember growing organically with no issues the whole ride. I wish I could sort it out.

ever since switching to hydro, I can honestly say...it takes a lot of pride here to admit....but I have never had a slamming run like I see a good number of your rocket scientist do out there.....(mad props to you killas!). Its always something but it never ruins a crop, just always something though. I keep my head up and press on because I know im doing mostly everything right.

The thing that always got my with hydro...some cats report their plants consuming like 100ppm in two days...or feeding like crazy. Outta my 2.5 yrs with hydro and some 100 crops later.....I have never seen my plants absorb that much. I seen a 100ppm drop over the course of 5-7 days but never fast like some report.

Hell, I am high as hell and just rambling but im gonna lay out my wondering thoughts. Dont gimmie no hard time now..this place is all I got for actual advice, which has kept me around for 5 years now...... Could my strains just be getting dormant or wore out like some ky jelly and a old banana covered in a lil duct tape? I had these girls... same strains for a good 4-5 years, started them in soil, then switched to hydro...and just been cloning the current plant....use to keep mothers but decided to hell with it...ill just clone the current plant crackin' in veg.....could the genetics just be all fucked like Ricky and Julian? I mean, some of these broads gotta be pushing 1000s some re gens each, not off the original host momma plant. ya feel me?

For some gross reason, I just imagine it like drinking your own piss without consuming new liquids (not that I ever have or would) but after a while wouldnt nothing be left or come out? Maybe I need to start some new seeds, get some new blood flowin'

lol

Any ideas friends? I need something fresh to look into. Thanks yall!

dang...another thought....or confession. I havent changed my bulbs in a year or so. Call my stubborn, or ignorant....maybe both...but I always kinda just felt its is all a bit gimcky. Kinda like how a tooth brush says to replace every 90 days. I sure as hell dont do that. I also never real looked at some studies or actual data...more or less it is just the consensus. Maybe thats it...shiiiit.....like I said..

any thing fresh....I would love to hear it.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is the most current. These pics are about 6 days old now.

Plants for sure didnt get a long enough veg in so they are smaller but I expected that.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and I finally got the veg hooked up.

picture.php

ideally I want the plants at least three times the size in bloom with soem screens running but my veg has been lacking. these girls should get a solid 5-6 wks in now.

Smplfrmr

idea

idea

If u have hard water and use a good micro nute it could be iron toxicity, had it, still see it here n there i fact i could show u and idica leaf that looks just like that, grow looks great man, next monday i start that 20 gal. Brute system in the flower room.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
A good hunk of folks are hintting at my ec being to low mixed with low night temps and VPD.

I'm gonna kick it up too 1.2ec and see what happens. I have never ran that hot, maybe it's the trick.

Getting pretty intense on this jack flash this round.

picture.php

5th

Veteran
Benny Buddy!!! Been too long. :tiphat:

That leaf looks right fucked doesn't it? I gettem' on the lower\older growth from time to time in both buckets and soil.
I just rip the fuckers off n' be done with them...so i'm no help as usual.

Well i found ya so i'm gonna tag up n' watch the rest of the show.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Benny Buddy!!! Been too long. :tiphat:

That leaf looks right fucked doesn't it? I gettem' on the lower\older growth from time to time in both buckets and soil.
I just rip the fuckers off n' be done with them...so i'm no help as usual.

Well i found ya so i'm gonna tag up n' watch the rest of the show.

ha shit your right. This round kinda got all jacked up so I kinda lost interest in it. The next batch in veg is looking good though.

Im fairly certain I had a big time VPD issue. Im working on a new game plan to seal up the room this spring.

I first have to wait for some shit to blow over before I can really get back into the swing of things.

I wanna motor back a light in bloom and pop in this 12k btu a/c unit I have and get my co2 going again. I need to dial in my environment, no more slacking and making excuses, that is whats hurting me. I bet, down a light, but with a dialed in environment ill yield more. I just got to be mindful of my energy usage.

Thanks for pulling up a chair amigo, hopefully I can make some good shit happen.

Miraculous Meds

ha shit your right. This round kinda got all jacked up so I kinda lost interest in it. The next batch in veg is looking good though.

Im fairly certain I had a big time VPD issue. Im working on a new game plan to seal up the room this spring.

I first have to wait for some shit to blow over before I can really get back into the swing of things.

I wanna motor back a light in bloom and pop in this 12k btu a/c unit I have and get my co2 going again. I need to dial in my environment, no more slacking and making excuses, that is whats hurting me. I bet, down a light, but with a dialed in environment ill yield more. I just got to be mindful of my energy usage.

Thanks for pulling up a chair amigo, hopefully I can make some good shit happen.

I think ur on the right track here. Its much more important to have ur environment dialed then to just add more light for more bud. An undialed environment can lead to a 50 to 75% yield reduction before u know it. That's hard for people to accept. To literally double ur yield with the same light seems crazy. But if ur getting .5gpw, that is exactly the case. Cause pretty much any strain can get to 1 gpw.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I think ur on the right track here. Its much more important to have ur environment dialed then to just add more light for more bud. An undialed environment can lead to a 50 to 75% yield reduction before u know it. That's hard for people to accept. To literally double ur yield with the same light seems crazy. But if ur getting .5gpw, that is exactly the case. Cause pretty much any strain can get to 1 gpw.

You could not be anymore right about that. Im researching a good full environmental controller to invest into along with looking into a reefkeeper lite setup to watch over the hydro conditions.

Sentinel looks like about the only option that has proven track record.

The thing about going with a sealed room means I wont be able to run the vert bare bulbs. I mean I could, but that is alot more load put on the a/c so I will have to pick up some sealed hoods and run bare bulbs in the winter. Cooltubes are pretty cheap to come by online so ill pick two of those.

Just really excited more or less to get dialed back in. Been busy with so much other life callings that I have been neglecting the garden which does not make much sense considering the implied risk. I either get my shit together and make it worth while with proper returns or not do it any longer but that is not an option. Life would be to boring if I could not cultivate.

hey benny buddy can I get you help non of my plants in hydro seem to no be flowering they only are showing signs of female nothing else even having the issue in soil where only one straibn "STRAIN" is flowering and even with the one strain that is their is only one that looks like it producing at optimal level

also seems the bottom branches die off on all plants so I trimmed them up and did what I think is called lollipoping here link to thread with pictures any help greatly appreciated

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=303745

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I did some work yesterday.

Sorry for not updating, there wasnt much to show with the last set in flower. Kinda embarrassing but if your done learning in life, your used up and worthless.

My summer plans are going in effect. I added a 15k BTU A/C unit, dropped down to two lights to account for added elect. load, and ordered two cooltubes, and two brand new hortilux bulbs.

I will be running just two 600w HPS and doing a Scrog over 6 plants.

I didnt take pics (yet) because the cooltube arent here (amazon prime) but everything else is up and running.

Humidity is on point now which was my main motivation.

I dropped in some nicely vegged girls too which are still veggin in the flower chamber until all my new gear arrives.

I hope with all my changes, I prevent whatever happened last few runs. But if nothing changes, then I quit, and will resort to being homeless then a defeated, washed up, urban farmer. Wish me luck.

Miraculous Meds

Dude I feel ya. I put the rdwc gear away about 5 years ago and went coco. Damn root slime bout made me want to quit. Have done really well with coco. I think I have a better understanding of what I did wrong in the past with the rdwc, but am still snake bit by it. Ive been running ppk with coco, and have been thinking of making the jump to turface for a more hydro like medium without the worry of water temps like is critical in rdwc.

Have u nailed down what ur issues were the last few runs? Sounds like humidity was one of them.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Dude I feel ya. I put the rdwc gear away about 5 years ago and went coco. Damn root slime bout made me want to quit. Have done really well with coco. I think I have a better understanding of what I did wrong in the past with the rdwc, but am still snake bit by it. Ive been running ppk with coco, and have been thinking of making the jump to turface for a more hydro like medium without the worry of water temps like is critical in rdwc.

Have u nailed down what ur issues were the last few runs? Sounds like humidity was one of them.

Cant say I have definitively because I think it was kinda a collective thing conspired against me because I been talking so much smack about these hoes.

I changed a lot around so I dont know how I will ever know what exactly was the problem and if it doesnt go away now, then I am only led to believe I have some sort of off gassing or environmental issue out of my control.

I added a new strain from seed, I light proofed all the buckets with reflective double insulated bubble wrap, got the RH in wraps, added the A/C, switched to cool tubes, and added new bulbs.

Time will tell. I plan on checking on them tomorrow. It will have been 48 hours since they been in their new setup. I will be able to tell right away when I see the plants.

Keep your fingers crossed for this old busted up O.G.

Miraculous Meds

Fingers crossed brother. What size pump u running and for how many plant sites? I think the flow rate is critical after reading a few of heaths threads.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Fingers crossed brother. What size pump u running and for how many plant sites? I think the flow rate is critical after reading a few of heaths threads.

Health is a good grower thats for sure. I wish I had those resources.
Im fairly positive my pump is a danner magdrive 950gph, I have 6 sites plus the control.

Things are looking good so far though. Thanks for sending the good vibes man.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
The cooltubes come tomorrow so no more bare bulbs until cooler months.

The plants have been in the A/C for 3 days now and new growth is looking how it should. The RH is on point and not dicken' around with me no more, which I think was the main issue, to much dicken' around....im actually pretty positive thats what was biting me in the ass.

The pic below is 3 days ago but right after I added everything except the cooltubes. Still vegging, your damn skippy.

So far, by the looks of it, this should be a solid run......finally. I almost thought for a minute I would have to go back to soil, like a bum. Keep'em crossed!

Attachments

• IMG_1826.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 12

Bennyweed1

Veteran
done did it, warm weather gear showed up.

Attachments

• IMG_1834.jpg
    IMG_1834.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 12

Bennyweed1

Veteran
On the up and up. Plants are eating like good children, about 35ppm per day. Stepped it up to 1.0ec/500ppm today.

All the girls are coming through the screen so I decided it was time to hit 12/12. 4/23/15 marks the first night of flower for the new setup.

Feeling good.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts