What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Been Busted

hamstring

Veteran
Well the day is over and it turned out not to bad considering. Could have been charged with Felony manufacturing which is a class c felony ..... instead lawyer got it reduced to two simple possession charges with 20 days served concurrently, 11 months 29 days unsupervised probation, 2000 in total fines including court cost and jail pay. The judge has allowed me to serve my time on the weekends starting next weekend which is ok for the sake of my job.

So a note to all who are facing similar situations ....... get a lawyer do not go in with a attitude the DA's pick up on it fast and instantly will not work with you. I saw it alot yesterday, young dudes thinking they were gonna cop a attitude with the DA's they got smacked back in their place really fast. You are gonna get a better deal with a lawyer just the way it is. It is gonna cost you alot of money .. deal with it. I know alot of us see the double standards that are in place in this country when it comes to MJ laws but face it they do not care what we think. I hope to be able to grow again some day but for now I am just gonna lay low for awhile and let things cool down for me. Maybe things will change soon. I am still gonna try and be a active member here and in the the community. I know it will be hard to be a productive member here and not grow but I hope you all will allow me to comment on things the way I see them. Since I can't grow or choose not to for now, I can sure as hell be a activist and will be. You can bet on that.

Rez if you happen to read this I still hope you will let me take those CD IBL beta's even tho I may not be able to grow them yet. I would still love to have them for future use.

Just Take Care all of you and don't be stupid they are looking for us and will stop at nothing to burn us.

Mo,

Big M
Glad to hear everything went well.

You already are providing this community with great knowledge and experience wouldn’t be the same with out you bro. I and am sure many others have looked on this thread as a huge asset and learning experience. You have showed others and myself how to act in the face of adversity. Your honesty and integrity have really come through in the progression of your situation and this thread.

Keep up the good work I know when I see your handle in any of the forums I will stop in to see “what’s up”.

PEACE

The Uncola

Big Mo-

I just stumbled upon this thread today. I have been laying low since I met a few unsavory characters who I feel may have compromised my security. A convicted felon was staying at my house for a few days- and the cops came looking for her- and when she failed to appear for court- they came looking for her at My House! I wasn't growing at the time, so I gave them the go ahead to look over the house. They found nothing and gave me the business card and said a friendly goodbye, but I was shaken by the experience. Don't Tell, Don't Sell and Don't Smell!!!! I have never finished more than 4 big female plants- personal use only- I live in one of the ~12 states that has legalized MMJ- and still my local newspaper has stories of pot busts on a regular basis. I have started to grow a few plants again as I am feeling pretty secure. I own the house and feel pretty safe.

Thank you for telling us about your story- it serves as a cautionary tale. I remember long ago hearing about a school teacher in rural Massachusetts in the 1970's. He was a close family friend. A Quaker in fact. He grew a few plants and was harassed into loosing his job. Another example of just how ugly this drug war has become. I voted for Obama and hope that he will eventually have something positive to say about this stupid situation. His big day is bearing down on us ASAP!!!! I just have a good feeling about this guy!

the police can lawfully enter a home if the welfare of a person or persons is in danger or not.

all it take is a call from a friend or neighbor or employer saying that they are worried about you cuz you haven't been seen for days or weeks.

it happen to me a few years ago i hear noises out side the house i got up 2 cops were looking in the windows of the house while one knocked on the door

my sister had called they from another state because i didn't call her back on her b-day and she was worried that something happen to me. i call her on her b-day every year no matter what. funny they had a lock smith ready to pick the door. thats what they said. after giving them my id and i was who they said i was they said i should call my sister
so she wouldn't worry... i asked them if they really could enter the house like that well we have called a lock smith and the answer is Yes they can if they think someone is in danger or dead of course they need somthing to act of.. like a call from a sister or friend.
they just don' target you for no reason. but if they find your alright and you have any stuff hint hint they can act on it....so moral of the sorry make sure your family for friends or a neighbor you trust knows your going. and not to worry.

B

BigMo

Well the first of the ten weekends is over and went better than I expected. Pretty much just kept to myself and did not talk to much with the ones who are doing straight time. Worst part was those guys have their nights and days mixed up really bad. They sleep all day and raise hell all night. It is only as rough as you make it. Stay away from the gang bangers and thuglets ..... "They are the ones who sit up all night try show each other how bad they are." There were a few fights but mostly the Guards shut that down really quick ..... Food sucked but hey it was food none the less. Nine more to go and the can kiss my ass.

Take Care

Mo, :wave:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Glad to hear it was tolerable Mo. Obviously, not the way you want to spend your weekend, but better than getting buggered.

I forgot, did you say you're on paper once you get done? Seems like I thought you said 11/29 probation, but I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to go back :biglaugh:

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well the first of the ten weekends is over and went better than I expected. Pretty much just kept to myself and did not talk to much with the ones who are doing straight time. Worst part was those guys have their nights and days mixed up really bad. They sleep all day and raise hell all night. It is only as rough as you make it. Stay away from the gang bangers and thuglets ..... "They are the ones who sit up all night try show each other how bad they are." There were a few fights but mostly the Guards shut that down really quick ..... Food sucked but hey it was food none the less. Nine more to go and the can kiss my ass.

Take Care

Thats still some bullshit, but yeah it could of been a lot worse. Only way you could of walked away from that is bribing the judge and/or knowning the judge in a round about way.

When I had to serve weekends, I put money on people's books to get them to buy me cigs, candy and junk food for me. Only bad thing is I had some broham bust my lip cause I wouldn't give him a smoke. :D

By the way, whats the deal with the $8,800 in taxes you paid?

GA has some state tax of about $3.50 per gram on cannabis. No medical laws here, seems funny.

NiteTiger

Veteran

GA has some state tax of about $3.50 per gram on cannabis. No medical laws here, seems funny.

TN's "Crack Tax" was the same, but it was ruled unconstitutional by the State Supreme Court. I think they're still collecting it though, since the state is trying to appeal the decision.

B

BigMo

Well it is called the Tax Stamp law and they levy a tax on you for how many plants that you have ....... Like NiteTiger said it is pending a ruling for being unconstitutional but in the mean time they are still collecting it. It sux cause even if it is ruled as unconstitutional I will never see that money again.

Hey NiteTiger yea if I understand you correctly on the paper thing they would not agree to expunge it from my record so it will stay there. Let me know if that is what you mean.

Take Care all

Mo,

hamstring

Veteran
Big M
Hey bro glad to hear every thing is still ok and really appreciate you taking the time to keep us updated.

Have a question could you have taken straight time as a choice because in my state straight time is "day for day" Meaning 1 day of straight time counts as 2 days? Splitting hairs really but maybe you could have started on a weekend and taken a couple of days off and been done with this sooner. Important to keep the job so I understand just wondering if it was an option.

S

SmokeToLive

Take Care

That really sucks dude. Here's to an uneventful nine more weekends. :joint: :joint: :friends:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Hey NiteTiger yea if I understand you correctly on the paper thing they would not agree to expunge it from my record so it will stay there. Let me know if that is what you mean.

Take Care all

Mo,

I meant probation or parole, sorry, ya caught me using slang again :spank:

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since the Supreme Court ruled its unconstitutional I wouldn't pay taxes. Even though they are appealing the ruling. I would talk with your lawyer about recovering the money you paid for "marijuana taxes".

For them to tax you and then give you criminal penalties is beyond rediculous.

$8000+ dollars is enough to bribe peoples and get off without a record.

<3 corruption.

Also taxes are only implied on SOLD goods... Food for thought.

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Since the Supreme Court ruled its unconstitutional I wouldn't pay taxes. Even though they are appealing the ruling. I would talk with your lawyer about recovering the money you paid for "marijuana taxes".

For them to tax you and then give you criminal penalties is beyond rediculous.

$8000+ dollars is enough to bribe peoples and get off without a record.

<3 corruption.

Also taxes are only implied on SOLD goods... Food for thought.

It's the State Supreme Court, not the Supreme Court of the United States.

If he doesn't pay, they'll take all his shit, period. Once the matter is decided once and for all, he may get the taxes he paid back (unlikely), but if he refuses to pay, he won't even have a pot to piss in.

Paying is a must in this situation. If it wasn't, don't you think his lawyer would have said something?

Also, taxes are levied without sale all the time. Property tax for example.

Last edited:
B

BigMo

NiteTiger I got 11/29 unsupervised probation.

Yea the Tax was from the state level and they had already frozen all my bank accounts and taken alot of my property before I had even got back in the country. Imagine being on Vacation in the Caribbean and trying to use your credit card only to find out you have no money. Luckily I had already paid for everything or I would have been up shit creek with no money. The only way to get my stuff back was to pay the tax.

No I will never see that money again I am sure of it. I am also sure that 8800 dollars would have bribed someone but for that to work you have to know someone and I was not in any position to being asking those kind of questions. First off I had to borrow the money so I really still owe it to the place I borrowed it from. I did not have it readily available. In fact the revenue man was standing there when they cut the check, they just made the check out to the State Revenue for my state. I know you gonna say that they just kept the money but the check was made out to the State I saw it.

Sux no matter how you look at it. So I am in to it for 10,000 + and still have to spend this time in Jail.

Mo,

funker

Hey Mo-

It pains me to read about your situation and what you've been through, the absurdity of it all is disgusting. I'm glad to hear the jail thing went as well as could be expected, keep your head up. I will keep you in my thoughts...

Peace,
~f

V

Verger OG

Well went to court today and the Lawyer talked to the DA they wanted to charge me with a misdomenor for the Simple possesion with a 350 dollar fine and 48 hours in Jail.

Initially they were not willing to drop the charges to the manufacturing with intent crime. My lawyer went back and talked to them again and they wanted me to plea to a misdomenor with another 350 dollar fine and 20 days in jail. I had to decline because I would have immediately lost my job along with other things.

So I decided to take my chances in court. My lawyer has issues with the reasons given for the entrance and search of the house. He also indicated that he believed the DA had issues with the search or they would not have been willing to plea on a class C felony charge. So come next month I will either truly be a free man or I will be in prison for growing this plant for my own personal use.

Wanted to add: good luck man, stay strong and I wish you strength. I should not be reading these kinds of things, I have trouble staying calm. I get so angry.

Take care!

I hate that backroom deal system. It is not civilized. It is juggling with measures of guilt. You take some on to avoid a heavier load. This is no justice. And the way the cops behaved is not right either. My god man. What a land!

And this taking away your home and lawnmower. I mean, how incredibly morose to do something like that. How childish. Why not completely empty the house, drive up a van and remove your dishwasher, bed and socks too. My god what a third world country.

I get hurt because griefers manipulate to close my thread down. That stuff gets to me, that hurts me. I am sensitive. After more than 10 years internet I should have a thick hide and not care. But I am glad I still do. It means I still feel, you know?

If what happened to you would happen to me, you could drop me off at the rubber room I'd go insane with the pain of injustice.

Last edited:
B

BigMo

Verger Bro it is all idiocy, but we persevere as best we can and hope for the day when we can truly live free.

Take Care and Stay Safe.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have fun as best you can on the weekends and catch up on your rest. :)

Jail food... reminded me of one of the many reasons I hated public school. Ground up beef lips, toes, etc.. for hamburgers...

Latest posts

Latest posts