What's new

Because you are great, because I appreciate you so much

Bennyweed1

Veteran
DSCF3197.jpg

I think this is interesting. The branches in the back of the plant are not receiving any direct light. All their lighting is being reflected off the mylar tent walls. The look to be developing nicely IMO, just shows how much a difference proper light reflection can make in confined spaces eh?
DSCF3202.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Veg tent

Hooked up a drip system to hold me over while I am in New York. Usually I just hand water these hussies. Anyway, these plants are going to replace the LED tent once those finish out.
DSCF3203.jpg

These six plants are going to replace the currently veggin girls headed into the LED tent soon.
DSCF3206.jpg

DSCF3204.jpg

And here is a large supply on the back burner. Gotta take it easy with the cloning.....lol or need more flowering tents.......ummmm that aint a bad idea ;) This put these all into solo cups today.

DSCF3205.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
So I am a little nervous, I cant lie. Im in New Jersey right now and my girls are home all by themselves until the 4th. I hope my bluemats and drippers do their job while I am gone.

Everything is either gonna be alive or dead. I hope it is alive and just fine. Six days is a long time in my book not to be around and doing stuff to my plants.

Wish me luck. :xmasnut:

bobblehead

Veteran
Everything won't necessarily be alive or dead... You could end up with a 50/50 mix... Or maybe 20/80 or 70/30... Anyway dude i feel ya on the anxiety. I grow 3hs from where i live. You'll be alright. They're just plants... ;)

When you get home trim up those dead leaves... They'll cause budrot later....

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Everything won't necessarily be alive or dead... You could end up with a 50/50 mix... Or maybe 20/80 or 70/30... Anyway dude i feel ya on the anxiety. I grow 3hs from where i live. You'll be alright. They're just plants... ;)

When you get home trim up those dead leaves... They'll cause budrot later....

I hope your right bobble. I get to find out tomorrow when I get back home.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I got back home today and all the plants are doing great. Nothing foul happened while I was gone, everything ran and went smoothly. My HPS girls are getting to that stage of heavy growth. They are really starting to fill in now that I corrected the heat issue. You can see that all the upper growth is dark green while the prior existing leaf material during the heat wave is yellowish. These pure power plants really have that candy smell to them and leave your fingers sticky after touching them.

DSCF3221.jpg

DSCF3223.jpg

DSCF3224.jpg

DSCF3226.jpg

DSCF3227.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
So I have a dirty little confession to make....I ordered a cooltube....

I know how much people look down upon those but it is my only option. My power consumption is limited so increasing the A/C to a larger btu isnt an option, Im already drawin' 75% load on the two circuit breakers I have to work with, a 20a and 15a.....but cooling the bulb while drawing no extra juice is an option.....ya feel me?

I need to dial my shit in...Ive been dicking around for to long, I know I got the gear to hit 1 gpw but need to dial my shit....a cooltube is my only option to achieve that.

5-10% questionable lumen loss or scorched ass plants is how I look at it.

I think I am also pulling the plug on the blumats and going back to adjustable drip heads on a timer and pump. The blumats are just to inconsistent, they work fine, then they dont, they work fine, then they dont.

I know people out there are having great success with them but for some reason they just keep acting up on me. I have done everything I can to tweek the system but they are still hasslin' and I dont line to be hassled. I bought them because I thought they would be easier then my drip setup but I had less problems with the drippers so I think the bluemats gotta go.

Heat and blumat issues has been my main problem so I hopefully will have both those eliminated now. Im dying to hit the 1 gpw, it is my life goal! I havent done it yet; came close once but no cigar.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
well....sooo...my cool tube came in...already to be installed but I have a legitimate question?? is the bulb better if it is upside down or right side up? Dont hassle me now, just throwin' this out there? Any takers?

Oh help me dear sweet Italian baby bearded Jesus for I have bought a cooltube and have sinned.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I got the cooltube all installed. I just got to tidy up the rope ratchets (those are super nice, I recommend tryin'em out). Im still waiting for my 6" duct T to get here so I can get this cooltube tide into the 550cfm exhaust fan. Right now all I have is a little chump inline fan pushing, its better then nothing for the moment until that T splitter gets here.

Also attached a pic of the next batch of girls waiting to go into bloom under those T5 lights. They are a good size I think and should finish out pretty good I hope, everything else you see is just standby.

I was planning to flower those plants under the LEDs but I think they will get to big. I think I will pull the current HPS plants out since they got a little cooked and stick'em under the LEDs to finish out so I dont mess up my cycle. The LED plants will be done here in a few days so those lights will be free'd up. The HPS plants still have a good three weeks left which will be my veg time for the next batch.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I think I finally have the bluemats figured out! About time...I opened a few up and they were completely dry, no water was in the ceramic sensor. So I as preventative maintenance I will refill feel them every 2-3 weeks. Now they are doing great again. It was to the point that every other night one would fully open up and fill my tent tray with gallons of water. I was pullin' my fucking hair out.

I also scratched the co2 and am running a 550cfm fresh air take and a 650cfm exhaust. Shit already looks a ton better. There was just to much to control in tents trying to supplement with co2 and not enough space to work in and it was just frustrating as hell. I harvest the LED tent about a week ago and pulled 10oz total. Pretty sad but the plants went through a shit load of beating. THC production took a serious hit from the crazy heat they were in so I think I will turn it into cookies or something.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
These plants come down Monday. Despite being completely fired by the intense June and July heat, they did not turn out so bad. I think I have my soil blend almost completely tweaked. These plants were fed RO/DI via the blue mats with only two ACT feedings. I've been using the same soil since January and it keeps getting better as it goes.

DSCF3283.jpg

DSCF3276.jpg

DSCF3274.jpg

DSCF3281.jpg

DSCF3275.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is the new set of plants that will replace those coming down Monday. Second time I will be using these no till soil beds and this time around the HPS, not the LEDs. Im going to veg them until the 16th of this month.

DSCF3288.jpg

And the stand by girls that are selected to start veg in final beds.
DSCF3289.jpg

DSCF3291.jpg

bobblehead

Veteran
fuckin right benny... Just sayin though, instead of buying the cool tube, you could have got another fan... or dare I say... a reflector... that you could use to relocate the lamp to the top of the tent and keep all the heat up away from the plants. Not that I would dare advocate reflectors in the vert forum... :D
So pretend like I only told you to upgrade your airflow.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
You guys are good. I only plan to use the cooltube during the warm months. I just couldnt control the heat. I am currently running a 530cfm 6" intake and a 590cfm 8" exhaust. With the cooltube, I still hit 86 degree temps when it is about 75-80 outside.

Power is a concern of mine. I can not increase anymore stuff so I had to make what I had work. Cooltube was my only answer. I completely ditched the co2. The tents are no longer sealed.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is the LED side, these plants were put in on the 26th of Aug. Looking damn good, just did a major trim back before shit starts to fill in.

DSCF3268.jpg

And the bluemats, which I finally have figured out! Now Im loven'em again!
DSCF3272.jpg