What's new

BC's 150 watt HPS/T5 Scrog Cab

GrowBox420

Green.is.good said it best lol. The screen is filling in nicly that would be pretty amazing if you do end up choping it in 48days of flower.

Wow BC what a great setup! I can only hope to get half that out of my 150w! What are you using to veg the plants, as far as the box goes? I'm constructing a mother/clone chamber out of a small filing cabinet, and am trying to get some ideas of what others are using.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks Struckanerve!! Yeah, I'm happy about the better light penetration too...The hash I made melts as soon as its warm.....If it even touches my finger, it melts instantly...I freeze it so I can make use of it better....
thank you Mr. cheese!!!
thanks green.is.good!! Yeah that hash is like getting hit by TWO trains..lol...
Thanks GrowBox420!! triches are already starting to appear on the leaves!! they are still green but its only day 14...who knows??
Hey AsbestosToast!! thanks bro!! I have a pic to show you my veg/clone/seedling cab...
Thank you perfektus!! Nice to have you hear bro!!
happy New Year to you too heater76!! Thanks!!

Hello everyone:)
today is the end of week 2 or day 14 of bloom..triches are starting already!!??she also smells like skunk big time..they say its very stinky in bloom..I don't think anything could compare to the TW's smell of poop/and dirty socks...lol...
here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:tiphat:
picture.php

this is my veg/clone cab..just an old end table I got for 5 bucks...I just use 1 26 watt 6500k cfl with an 80mm pc fan and it works just fine:)...

picture.php

this is the Sharksbreath seed all ready to go:wave:..its 9 weeks of flower and very strong so I think its more sativa...we'll see:)
picture.php

this is what I use all through flower..thats BigBud powder in the little baggie...The BudCandy has all the important B vitamins too which is nice..that means the plant does'nt have to make its own...
picture.php

you can see the triches forming close to the inside..:jump:
picture.php

:blowbubbles:
picture.php

there is 30 budsites now and she's drinking 2 litres of water/food everyday...that means the container must be full of roots already...sheeesh..
Hope you like the pics and , as always, I look forward to hearing from you all:)
Thanks

G

Guest 142956

What do you estimate the amount of stretch is, 2 or 3 times after you start flowering? I am going to try 6 AK48 plants around a 150 HPS done vertically with a modified wick system and my height limitations may cause me to use a screen of chicken wire also. I have 35 inches to play with.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks StupidBoy!! Love taking pics:)..I use a Hanna PH pen..it doesn't test ec/ppm because really with adavanced nutrients, if you follow their feeding chart, PH is never a problem..it always goes to 6.4-6.5 and thats perfect...there is a pic below for ya too!!
Thanks Bill Rose:tiphat:..depending on the strain, plants will stretch 2-3 times...The TW grows 3 times bigger in bloom but this AK48 hasn't stretched much at all...Best bet is a scrog screen my friend..you'll get more buds too:jump:
thank you thelaughingman!!!
Hello everyone:wave:
These pics are from last night, the 15th day of bloom...
picture.php

starting to get frosty in there:thank you:..lol...
picture.php

temps went to 84 last night inside before I noticed..all good..1 fan did'nt want to work...

picture.php

I've been using red and white pipe cleaners for the holidays..gotta be in the spirit:)...
picture.php

picture.php

this is my PH pen...for 180 bucks, I take good care of this baby..I dropped my old one way too many times...
I'll be back tonight with more pics:wave:
I'm looking forward to hearing from you all again!!
Thanks

GrowBox420

As always BC looking good. That screen really filled up nicly and all that new bud growth looks great! Is that ak48 a hybrid? Do you think that the vegging for 3 months was worth the extra time?
Hope the new year is treating you well keep it green

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks GrowBox420!! I got the seeds from A*****d Seeds and they are derived from AK47 but breeded for short grow times..I just found this out today...hence the name AK48 for 48 days of bloom but we'll see...The longer you can veg a plant for, the better...Its sorta the same as taking clones of an old mother plant..it makes the bud taste better and is stronger..
Hey StupidBoy!! Thanks again!!!hope you got my PM..
Hello everyone:)
Another quick update for you..
Its day 16 of bloom and she smells like a cross of Skunk/Hash when you get near her..nummy..lol...
Here's some more pics for you to enjoy..and maybe help too:)
picture.php

just to show the size of the main stem...there's so many roots now that the sides of the planter are bulging:dance013:
picture.php

picture.php

I'm looking forward to seeing this lady explode..lol...:tiphat:
picture.php

picture.php

she almost filled the whole screen..if I would have vegged her in this cab for another week, the screen would be full...I'm pleased with hows she's turning out though:wave:
thanks everyone for your interest in my grow/s..Hopefully I can help you since you have helped me so much..
Thanks everyone:thank you:

E

Encore

Hey BC, looking fantastic. Should be getting frosty in there real soon..
Looking forward to the future updates, I'm tuned!!

Peace & Prosper in 2011!!

W

Wookieefoot

Hey B.C., impressive grows. Much props! Question for you, what are the dimensions of your converted dresser? The flowering chamber itself. Also are you happy with the height? Would you recommend someone building a similar box to add some more height?

:tiphat:

Every time I pop in the ak is looking bigger, greener, buddier<(doubt thats a word) and fucking fantastic!!! Awesome job, BC!!!

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thank you Encore!! I really like your setup now too bro!! Funny thing is, its only day 17 and crystals are everywhere!!!
Thanks DiscoBiscuit!!! you gotta love those awesome palm trees you've got going!!!
Thanks micro420guy!! I got almost exactly 4 0's from the last TW...
Hey tonsoffuns419!! Thanks!!
Thanks Wookieefoot!! My dresser is 39 inches tall, 28 inches wide and a depth of 15 inches giving me 2.88 cubic feet of grow space...my cab is a veg/flower combo...the T5's are great for veg( and bloom!!) and the 150 watt hps for bloom... I am building a taller cab with a cooltube for next summer or so...I'd like to be able to grow sog/scrog and just a regular plant in the same box...so yes, if you want more options, a taller dresser with more depth too would be a great idea!!good luck and I'll help in any way I can...

Hey everyone:tiphat:
More pics on day 17 of bloom..crystals are everywhere now which is great:)..me thinks this might be ready in 48 days but I'm going as long as I can...
picture.php

you can really see the crystals now:jump:
picture.php

picture.php

she really does smell like hash when you touch her and skunk when you open the cab...best of both worlds...lol...
The Sharksbreath seedling is growing fast but I won't have pics till tomorrow...I read its more Indica..too stoned yesterday:comfort:
It takes 8-9 weeks and is a heavy feeder/producer best suited for Sog not to mention its 19% THC level:dance013:the Trainwreck is 22%!! very, very strong herb....
I look forward to hearing any or all comments!!
thanks again

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thank you green.is.good!!! She's a nummy one..I'm glad I still have 2 more seeds....
I'm going to use this Sharksbreath as a mom and get a bunch of clones ready for the next round...lol..