What's new

BC Purple Kush

bigbag

Veteran
sounds right....ive heard god has hawaiian in it.purple kush could very well be purple skunk x kush.the king is also very similar as well as VISC's f'in incredible

bigherb

Veteran
dont kno about bc p.k. . but the real p.k is in my top 3 all time fav smoke. som of the strongest shit i eva toked knockout , narcotic, exoticness ,delicious herb.4 sur it has nothing to do wit p.erkel

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
I live in the Bay and I have heard that about the PK being a Urkle cross but it is just rumor/no evidence at this point. I will say they share alot of the same traits though. One thing for sure though, is this version doesn't any skunk in it!

Last edited:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
BB-Whats up bro? I can say for sure that that is not the Purple Kush we smoke here in Cali. The stuff I grow and smoke is almost black at the finsh and has crazy orange hairs all over it. The nugs are super dense and hard as well. Whatever that is it looks like some pretty damn good herb though. Peace!

H

hulkbogan

The BC purple kush usually isn't very purple. It smells/tastes amazing though. It is definetely one of the better commercial strain's in BC.
DSC01001-1.jpg

I have a PK clone pollinated with auto timewarp pollen to play with outdoor's next year

clark420

Thats prolly because it isnt Purple Kush, everyne says they have this and that I only trust Sr-71 I really for the most part have never met a legit clubs that comes consistant witht he same strains. All of the the bay area purple strains plants profiles look simular the PK, The Purple Cream, Erkle. I crossed the dj shorts bluberry seeds with the sr-71 pk female will see what happens.

S

Scoobs

BreederBrad2 said:
here are some pix i snagged online bc purple kush

That looks like the same BC purple Kush clone I have.

I have no complaints about it, good smoke. I know this because it is still in my garden after a couple years now. :rasta:

I wonder what it is if not real purple kush? I grow it beside my OG kush cut and I can tell you it definitely has OG kush in it. I also have had the OG kush clone for a few years too.

intlplayr

I realize this is an older thread but the origianl question / reason for starting it still remains unanswered from what I can tell and now I need this info too:

"I am looking for some info on the clone only purple kush circulating B.C. and vancouver island. I have smoked lot's of it and was recently offered clone's of it from a pretty reliable source. A shitload of people grow this PK so I figure someone on here has some info (flowering time?,heavy feeder?,height?). I am not to into the kush hype but I have smoked a tonne this stuff and it's worth the fuss. "

I'm currently growing this using AN normal feeding sched but would someone with more knowledge of this strain and how to get the most out of it mind sharing?

dmt

Veteran
hey man, been rockin it since 06, my cut is from a breeding crew in bc. ive cropped it in 49-65 days. i stick to 63 days mostly, seen the 70 day stuff and imvho it ruined it.

2 things this plant likes the most i find is being trained with 4-6 branches, grown big(supercropping) with ample space and loves bloom boosters like bud blood or top load or phospholaod or flower dragon.

i veg with 1200ppm and peak at 1600-1750 ppm with advanced nutes. like most kushes it really packs it on in the last 2 weeks of flowering.

outdoordreams

Great Post DMT, just had a buddy asking what to do to get her to GO. As apparently the demand for it in BC right now is ultra high.

I also found that trainer her around 10inchs and bending her over to the side of the pot, and flipping her about 48 hours later, makes a nice 4-5 nugged stick for SOG.

I miss havin a couple jars of this around...........One day!

dmt

Veteran
hey man, i forgot to mention that she performs superior in a scrog situation, haha, funny you mention that, d

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I am looking for some info on the clone only purple kush circulating B.C. and vancouver island. I have smoked lot's of it and was recently offered clone's of it from a pretty reliable source. A shitload of people grow this PK so I figure someone on here has some info (flowering time?,heavy feeder?,height?). I am not to into the kush hype but I have smoked a tonne this stuff and it's worth the fuss.

Flowering time depends on the plant and any problems you might run into and if you get a clone depends on how old your clone is. If I remember this right it's 1month in veg and 8 to 12 weeks in the room. Heavy feeder you will need to dial in and short low yeild. Closer to cold the more purple she will get.If someone gives you a "real clone" of PK be smart and keep a mom and clone from her.. peace out Headband707:dance013:

Big Foot

I prefer the blueberry kush clone going around the island, purple kush just isn't as good, good medical strain tho.

outdoordreams

I totally agree with Big Foot, if you can get the Blueberry Kush clone going around, it is the one you want.
We got it last year, and we think it is Blueberry x Purple Kush.

Better taste than Purple Kush, a bit sweeter and a more enjoyable high.

TheHashAssassin

so i am thinking now there are a few purple kush cuts going around. what do you guys think? this last fall I saw OD purple kush, had abit of mold but not much. Wasnt the one I saw first show up about 4 years ago now tho. I am thikning the imposter cut is a purple bubba pheno, has that coffeee earth smell to it, where as the orig bc pk had more skunk cabbage-esque to its aroma. anyone else seeing this?

B

Bud Bug

A lot of people I know don't go higher then 1200 ppm with PK. Get way better yields then with pounding and burning it with 1500-1800 PPM.

I don't know why people like the shit. Its just a couch lock high especially if you go past 9 weeks in flower although it is strong.

outdoordreams

Purple Kush will always have a place in my heart. It is couch lock, stupid weed, but sometimes when you need to sleep, or just get mental, this stuff works.
Plus she is stanky!!! Especially when its not commercial PK, commercial PK sucks.
When grown properly this is among the elite.
She really needs to have nitrogen cut back early if you want to see yellow leaves from this girl.
Tarp her outdoors, to grow her to her maximum potential. Brings out the Purple in her.

My opinion on the PK cuts going around BC is this.
There are multiple strains, that people like to attach names to.
Here are different strains the average person will mistake for each other being pass around BC in clone form.........
Og Kush at least two versions
Bubba Kush
Purple Kush (BC version, not the California cut)
Green Crack (BC version, not ceecee version) aka HippyCrack
King
Queen
Tuna
SpecialK
BlueberryKush
Banana Kush
Watermelon Kush (?dont know where this one came from)